2016/07 July babies

My gynae wasn't even a bit concerned when he said 998g. Still asked me dont need to go on diet haa. Just need to watch out for sugar (no high carbo).

Me 23wk ish. I seriously don't believe my bb is that big la, despite i saw with my own eyes the screen says 998. I don't know how he measured her. Haa.
Haha maybe your girl got a big tummy like my boy? At week 21 the guideline weight is 360g but my boy is 535g. Gynae said becoz his tummy is big and not to worry the baby will be too big for now becoz some bb grow very fast now then start to slow down at later stage. Maybe u can check with your gynae which part of your baby cause the weight to be higher than the guideline weight :)

I think it was the head that he measured. Or stomach? It was round. Sometimes I can't figure out what I see :p

Last week which was my second prick, doc says my reading is good. And he asked me what I ate for lunch. I had two slices of wholemeal bread with a slice of cheese. He says that's cheating lol. But I really didn't have time to eat that day so made a quickie meal. He told me next round to eat like how i take for dinner (which is usually the more complete meal) before seeing him for the prick.

I don't really know how to read the after sugar drink report. I saw him circled "189mg/dl" under 2hrs column. Is that the reading?

But my HBA1C (whatever it stands for) is 5.1 which seems to fall in the ideal range. So not sure what to read that says i have mild GD.

Last edited:
Last week which was my second prick, doc says my reading is good. And he asked me what I ate for lunch. I had two slices of wholemeal bread with a slice of cheese. He says that's cheating lol. But I really didn't have time to eat that day so made a quickie meal. He told me next round to eat like how i take for dinner (which is usually the more complete meal) before seeing him for the prick.

I don't really know how to read the after sugar drink report. I saw him circled "189mg/dl" under 2hrs column. Is that the reading?

But my HBA1C (whatever it stands for) is 5.1 which seems to fall in the ideal range. So not sure what to read that says i have mild GD.
Hmmm my reading units abit different ...
My fasting glucose is 4.4 and after the sugar drink 2 hrs later reading is 8.4.
Fasting is normal but the one after sugar drink shld be less than 7.7

Based on the readings I have I m impaired glucose intolerant

My baby size is still average not big ...

Wow 7x a day. It will pass soon... Hang on there.

I find I'm starting to get growth spurt. My weight has been climbing everyday. I can still wear some pre preg clothes and pants as at now but don't know how long this can last.

Same. My fasting glucose was 4.7 but after the drink it was 8.7. But I have to prick myself twice a week for 7x a day :(
Hi which doc are you with? My doc just told me once a week and for 3 meals that day.
Are you working? For lunch I am not sure what I can eat what I can't... And how much rice is considered too much
For this pregnancy I always feel hungry and if I dun eat will want to throw out

Hi which doc are you with? My doc just told me once a week and for 3 meals that day.
Are you working? For lunch I am not sure what I can eat what I can't... And how much rice is considered too much
Gan U with dr Loh right? He also want me to prick once a week to monitor but I tested few times per week just to try out what I can or cannot eat.

Rice change to brown rice and no sauce for veg ingredient. Best is to cook yourself cos outside food have sugar in it. Western food is safer so far I eat western food with no sauce no chilli all within safe range. Snacks can eat wholemeal biscuits or fruits. No high sugar fruits like banana mango or durian. No cakes no pastries no noodles. If want to take then in small amount only
The trick is to break into many meals per day instead of 3 big meals.

I am with Dr Chen Lin Han. Try to cut on sugar and carbo (even things like potato, yam and carbo). Actually there is quite an extensive list BUT eat in moderation will do I guess. My parents and in-laws bought basmati and brown rice for me to eat. Cos its better and lower in carbs level.

Gan U with dr Loh right? He also want me to prick once a week to monitor but I tested few times per week just to try out what I can or cannot eat.

Rice change to brown rice and no sauce for veg ingredient. Best is to cook yourself cos outside food have sugar in it. Western food is safer so far I eat western food with no sauce no chilli all within safe range. Snacks can eat wholemeal biscuits or fruits. No high sugar fruits like banana mango or durian. No cakes no pastries no noodles. If want to take then in small amount only
The trick is to break into many meals per day instead of 3 big meals.
Thanks bunny. Yes I am with dr LOh. Western food... So you exclude the fried ones? My dinner is home cooked. Lunch have to eat out coz of work.... I had brown rice this afternoon but outside vege somehow has sauce...

Those fruits u mentioned are my favourite!! Guess need to tahan for 3 months...

Thanks bunny. Yes I am with dr LOh. Western food... So you exclude the fried ones? My dinner is home cooked. Lunch have to eat out coz of work.... I had brown rice this afternoon but outside vege somehow has sauce...

Those fruits u mentioned are my favourite!! Guess need to tahan for 3 months...

Ya surprisingly when I eat fried ones my readings are ok. U have to test it out and see if it works for your body. I went two different zhi char stall and order exact same dish and my readings were diff. One stall is normal readings and the other is sky high. So I suppose the way the chef cook makes a diff. I bring my own brown rice for both.

Baby is doing fine at doc's visit. I've gained 1.7kg since 3 weeks ago! But I don't feel the weight showing on me and doc measured bb at 998g today. I can't believe it (I admit I'm doubting gynae's machine). How can bb be so heavy at 23weeks? At 20weeks, she was only 300ish. Any mummies at 23weeks I can make reference with?

Just had my 24 weeks check. bb weight is 580g. Dr mentioned 24 weeks bb weight is usually between 500-800g.

How is everyone's weight gain compared to pre-pregnancy weight? how many KG have you put on in total :confused::confused::confused:

I lost 3kg in first trime so I had 3kg buffer to play with :p Gained 3.5kg from pre preg.

So how about you KWL?

Has any mummy developed stretch marks yet? My mom and all my 3 sistas got them so I think inevitably I will have them in due time. One of my sis started having them at 7-month.

Has any mummy developed stretch marks yet? My mom and all my 3 sistas got them so I think inevitably I will have them in due time. One of my sis started having them at 7-month.

Hello, Stretch mark cream do wonders if you are discipline enough to apply it daily. I know of some mummy who have close to zero stretch mark. Amazing but true. I never ask what brand they use, but i believe any of the well known brand in easily available in the market should give you more or less the same result.

I've put on 7.5 kg total at week24 check up, about 3 kg in that one month but bb still small size . Will be gg on durian feast soon, I don't mind putting on weight just hope that it will not be the same as first birth, put on 16 kg but bb still small size

I don't apply stretch marks religiously for first birth but luckily no stretch mark, this time round started applying only in 2nd trimester n also depending on mood. Saw pics of those with stretch marks ... Quite scary. For those who r worried better to apply regularly, duno how much it helps though

Me gained 7 kg at 24 wks :eek: and i only gained 8 kg in all for my first 2 pregnancies. Feeling so heavy now, every time i sit on the toilet bowl, i fear that it'll crack.
I apply cream and lotion a few times a day, quite kiasu. Once in am after shower, once or twice in office, once at night after shower. So far no marks yet.
Can anyone share if you know what is the angbao amt to give to the CL when she arrives?
Anyone started having leg cramps yet? I started 2 nights ago, monster one. Still limping slightly after that giant cramp :confused:

I also take along a tube of cream and whenever I start to feel itch, I apply on my tum, on top of twice a day after showering.

I'm trying to recall what the PEM has for me in the CL guide. I believe it's about the range of $20 for the first angbao.

My cramp happened at first trime. Now so far it doesn't happen anymore.

I did go for a prenatal massage 2weeks ago. Some areas the masseur will avoid like the feet. Maybe if you're keen on massage can go for one and focus on your calves area to loosen the tension there (I presume your cramps are there?). I know the agony of cramp aftermath...it can stay there for days!

I also take along a tube of cream and whenever I start to feel itch, I apply on my tum, on top of twice a day after showering.

I'm trying to recall what the PEM has for me in the CL guide. I believe it's about the range of $20 for the first angbao.

My cramp happened at first trime. Now so far it doesn't happen anymore.

I did go for a prenatal massage 2weeks ago. Some areas the masseur will avoid like the feet. Maybe if you're keen on massage can go for one and focus on your calves area to loosen the tension there (I presume your cramps are there?). I know the agony of cramp aftermath...it can stay there for days!
Thanks for sharing. Shall consider doing one calf area massage. Why does pre-natal massage avoid the feet? Stimulates something is it?

Want to poll mummies - do those having girls find that your complexion is better than pre-pregnancy while those having boys find the opposite? Just curious as to how much truth there is to the belief about baby boys' hormones causing mummies to face some issues with their complexion.

Hi redvel, u go to shop for pre natal massage? At where?
Hi. I was gifted a birthday voucher to try out the massage and yoga (I just did the yoga just now). It's at Paragon ; "Beauty Mums & Babies".

Although I enjoyed both the sessions, I'm not signing up package. I just do my own yoga and swimming.

Tuna, just like reflexology, it's not recommended during pregnancy. So something along the line (ya, trigger don't know what points). She will also avoid your tummy.

For me, the myth is incorrect. Expecting gal means steal mummies beauty, so I heard. I find my skin is so much better and radiant during pregnancy.

@redvel - the version of the myth i heard is different from yours, that boys will give the mummy some breakouts and swelling of the nose. Likewise, I'm having a girl and i absolutely enjoy my zitless and clear complexion now.

Haah so it really depends where we hear the myth from.

Anyone diligently doing kegel daily? My yoga class just now reminds me the importance of it.

Haah so it really depends where we hear the myth from.

Anyone diligently doing kegel daily? My yoga class just now reminds me the importance of it.
I try to rem my.kegel as much as possible. Sneezing and coughing is a pain now. Can feel something hard below the navel when that happens. My doc says the bb's head is down already. Anyone feeling the head too?

Dear mummies,

I wonder if the pre-order deals for the coming baby fair at Expo are reliable?

If we wait until the baby fair to see the real stock, would the price go up?

I'm looking at the baby cot...the price for pre-order deal is up to 60% discount!

Tuna usually when baby head will be down? And once down, they will stay that way till pop?

I can't tell my baby position. Every time she moves (which is happening a lot lately), I can only feel big lump of waves.

I am with Dr Chen Lin Han. Try to cut on sugar and carbo (even things like potato, yam and carbo). Actually there is quite an extensive list BUT eat in moderation will do I guess. My parents and in-laws bought basmati and brown rice for me to eat. Cos its better and lower in carbs level.

I'm eating basmati too. So far so good..

Tuna usually when baby head will be down? And once down, they will stay that way till pop?

I can't tell my baby position. Every time she moves (which is happening a lot lately), I can only feel big lump of waves.
My doc told me bbs should turn by wk 32. I suppose at wk 24, she should be flipping back any time since there's still lots of space to swim around inside. Forgot to ask doc.
I found this URL, see if you can tell your bb's position. For fun :)
https://pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com/2008/09/baby_position_in_womb.php

The last time I went for the scan (week 20) baby was lying horizontally. Is it just me or it's normal, hahah since I see most of you guys said it's either up or down. Anyway, I've gain 3.9KG from my pre-preg weight.

The last time I went for the scan (week 20) baby was lying horizontally. Is it just me or it's normal, hahah since I see most of you guys said it's either up or down. Anyway, I've gain 3.9KG from my pre-preg weight.
It's normal, week 20 is too early to be head down

Hi everyone, new to the forum, and having my first baby at the ripe ole' age of 39! EDD 22 July, and it has been quite a learning experience so far! Thanks for all the lovely tips and input in this thread too :)

Bubbles* (not her real name lol) has been really active, and her last detailed scan showed her to be within normal weight/size, amnio was normal, phew, and I am on a pretty strict diet due to gestational diabetes and pre-pregnancy hypertension.

So that's my intro! Meanwhile, am beginning to nest, and wondered how others in a similar situation are faring?

Hi everyone, new to the forum, and having my first baby at the ripe ole' age of 39! EDD 22 July, and it has been quite a learning experience so far! Thanks for all the lovely tips and input in this thread too :)

Bubbles* (not her real name lol) has been really active, and her last detailed scan showed her to be within normal weight/size, amnio was normal, phew, and I am on a pretty strict diet due to gestational diabetes and pre-pregnancy hypertension.

So that's my intro! Meanwhile, am beginning to nest, and wondered how others in a similar situation are faring?
Hi snow fern , we r quite similar situation ...except I'm much older.. I failed my ogtt so now need to control diet n have pre-pregnancy hypertension . Blood pressure sees to drop since I m expecting... Taking baby aspirin daily.
Currently 25 weeks,
Since control diet I have lost alittle weight. Just hope baby is growing well

My Missy is pleased is meet your Bubbles here.

I'm much older. Have very mild GD and to be honest I haven't been changing my diet much except take wholemeal bread and cut down sugar drinks (which I seldom take anyway).

My last sugar blood check was satisfactory. Bb is good. This Friday will be 26w-ish visit.

Hi Snow Fern,

Just take it easy for your pregnancy. Keep to your diet and have good rest.
My EDD is 1 day earlier than you on 21st and same age as you but I am having #3.
My gynae will send me for OGTT next visit at 28th week which I did not go for my last 2 pregnancy. She says as age goes higher, shd go for the test. :(
I'm afraid I cant take it if the test result is positive. Cos my family diet is not into brown rice and wholemeal.
This pregnancy I like to take soft drinks like 100plus.
Praying and hoping I will pass the 'test'.
So far i had been putting on about 4kg since pre-pregnancy and baby had been growing well on the bigger side.

Back