2016/07 July babies

Oh seems like I'm the only one. Haha. Since 3weeks ago my clinic already given me the admission letter. She says do it earlier to secure the current pricings so that we will not be affected if there's a price hike, once the pre admission is done. Since it doesn't cost anything we just proceeded to do it yesterday.

Yet to do the pre admission as I can't make up my mind which room to take haha single or twins .. Our lady or SR in Mount A.
I have change to wireless bra since weeks12 as my previous bra too tight and feel breathless.

Can I hear views from mummies whom have popped before?

I was with my gf whom had popped two boys before. She says my bump is low and I also told her baby is already head down. She says there may be possibility of earlier labour in my case. Her second boy came out at 36 weeks. I don't know how prepared I am if my baby comes out in June and not July!

I wonder how relatively true this is. Hope to hear of your experience.

I was with my gf whom had popped two boys before. She says my bump is low and I also told her baby is already head down. She says there may be possibility of earlier labour in my case. Her second boy came out at 36 weeks. I don't know how prepared I am if my baby comes out in June and not July!

Hi think head down doesn't mean the baby is engaged?

My first was also delivered at 36 weeks but not because bump is low but water bag burst....

Hi think head down doesn't mean the baby is engaged?

My first was also delivered at 36 weeks but not because bump is low but water bag burst....
Haha ya so anything can happen regardless.

I think I better tune my expectation... Bb can decide to pop earlier (or later ,who knows). Maybe I'm still so not well prepared. But last night collected the cot and many used bb clothes from my sis. Slowly adding stuff to the bb room.

Had to buy bra extender since week 16 cos I also grew wider (cup size only upgrade by a bit, then again my bra cups always too big for my mosquito bites haha), recently bought 2 new bras, love the uniqlo wireless!

Bought one maternity bra from taka fair cos I liked the racerback design, and at $19.90 a pretty good deal. Cup fit catered for 2 finger allowance as advised by the salesperson, since I bought a bit too early :-/ I hope to be able to breastfeed, and figured if Bubbles manages to latch then I go back to get another pair.

Oh btw, we bought a crib from baby kingdom yesterday, and on our way out then noticed there was a baby hypermart just a few units down...didn't pop in though. Anyone been to either/both? We didn't get anything else, waiting for the expo, wanted to arrange our furniture first...

I went both , personally prefer baby hypermart. I wld be using the old cot which number 1 used ... But pre-order the mattress from the expo fair. Bought baby safe latex mattress.

What I left now is the breast pump. What brands are mummies looking at?

Thinking of doing mini renovation to do up number 1 toy room so that she can sleep there when number 2 is here

I also personally prefer baby hyper mart as they got more choices. Bought my baby cot from there.

Wahhhhh...OK like that we will make our way back there to check out baby hypermart, thanks for reviews!

@gan1972 , relatives recommended medela as it is stronger, but we weren't confident of getting baby to latch, and same relative said avent was pretty good, so we got the 1-side auto with sterilizer bundle at taka fair...medela was a bit pricey in comparison to avent/pigeon....

Wahhhhh...OK like that we will make our way back there to check out baby hypermart, thanks for reviews!

@gan1972 , relatives recommended medela as it is stronger, but we weren't confident of getting baby to latch, and same relative said avent was pretty good, so we got the 1-side auto with sterilizer bundle at taka fair...medela was a bit pricey in comparison to avent/pigeon....
Was using medela swing with number 1 and find it good ... Only negative coz is single so spent a lot of time pumping . This time thinking of buying duo pump... Looking at spectra coz price is affordable

Both of mine were overdue babies. But then it's very common for babies to arrive anytime from wk 37, that'll mean June for quite a few of us. I am targeting to have everything ready (ie. Cot set up, sterilizer cleaned, bb clothes washed etc, pump parts ordered and ready) by early June, just in case...

@gan1972 - can share why u needed a new cot mattress? We're actually plng to reuse the old one. Like yours, there's a big gap betw this bb and the previous. Old mattress not good for babies is it? I didn' really give much thought to it, just assumed everything can recycle.

Both of mine were overdue babies. But then it's very common for babies to arrive anytime from wk 37, that'll mean June for quite a few of us. I am targeting to have everything ready (ie. Cot set up, sterilizer cleaned, bb clothes washed etc, pump parts ordered and ready) by early June, just in case...

@gan1972 - can share why u needed a new cot mattress? We're actually plng to reuse the old one. Like yours, there's a big gap betw this bb and the previous. Old mattress not good for babies is it? I didn' really give much thought to it, just assumed everything can recycle.
Hi tuna not so much that old mattress not good for babies...the old mattress we had was left in the cot all these years and my gal has out all her soft toys etc on it. Just wondering wld there be dust mites, so decided to buy a new one.

Age gap between number one and 2 is 5 years plus and the cot and mattress has been left in the play room since 3 years ago.

Hi tuna not so much that old mattress not good for babies...the old mattress we had was left in the cot all these years and my gal has out all her soft toys etc on it. Just wondering wld there be dust mites, so decided to buy a new one.

Age gap between number one and 2 is 5 years plus and the cot and mattress has been left in the play room since 3 years ago.
Depend on how u keep the mattress. I always find a big trash bag to wrap up the mattress when not in use. 2-3wks before use take it out air n sun it. Should keep the germs n dust mite right.

Hi mummies, I'm planning to find a nanny take care of my new born somewhere in August. Anyone have reliable and good recommendation?

Thanks gan. Since I disassembled the cot and kept cot and mattress wrapped up for the past few years, I'll stick to my recycling plan.

Anyone using Medela? Mine is the Medela punp in style original and I want to get replacement parts (tubings, valves etc), but I am completely baffled by the new models that hv been released ever since. If anyone knows whether the parts for the PISA fit the original, can share?

I have Juz bought spectra 9+. And yes I am expecting to pop in June since my last 2, I pop ard 37 weeks. And of coz I'm eyeing on the hl that my gynae is going to give me at week 35. Hope to get an earlier HL so that I can rest at home. Back really tired after one day of work

I have Juz bought spectra 9+. And yes I am expecting to pop in June since my last 2, I pop ard 37 weeks. And of coz I'm eyeing on the hl that my gynae is going to give me at week 35. Hope to get an earlier HL so that I can rest at home. Back really tired after one day of work
Where did U buy your spectra? How much?

Deceptionist, I feel I'm also not prepared other than I got pass-down cot and bb clothes.

Going to get the bb laundry detergent to give the clothes a good wash.

Should I buy muslin cloths? To swaddle? Or must buy specific swaddle cloth? Err what's the difference?

Then I also need to buy a baby changing table (no space for a station). Those that can place on top of cot. Also need to buy a bed for confinement lady.

Bath and after bath care, what should I buy?

Will be getting a pass down car seat. As for baby pram, I need to buy but anyone can give what to look out for?

I bought from qoo10 and it was fedex over. I bought for $200 plus plus a bit of accessories and but its a single pump. My milk supply not a lot so I think single should be enough. Also I think I will stop after 6 mths so dun put in so much investment. Haha

Deceptionist, I feel I'm also not prepared other than I got pass-down cot and bb clothes.

Should I buy muslin cloths? To swaddle? Or must buy specific swaddle cloth? Err what's the difference?

Then I also need to buy a baby changing table (no space for a station). Those that can place on top of cot. Also need to buy a bed for confinement lady.

Will be getting a pass down car seat. As for baby pram, I need to buy but anyone can give what to look out for?
Muslin cloth wld be thinner...I used that for number one coz think not so hot,,

Why do u need a changing table? I will buy a changing mat and change her on my bed... I dun bend to change but sit on the bed. Did that for number one too

I bot a baby carrier...

@redvel I'm intending to get Capella Adonis for the baby pram as 4wheels 360degree rotatable. As for Baby cot, should be those playpen cot which comes with the changing platform at the top of the cot as I'm staying in new BTO and my room is very pack normal wooden cot is too huge.

I'm stuck on how many pampers / wipes / FM should I prepare. If I were to buy too little, no one can help me to purchase during my confinement. But also afraid if I were to stock up, bb will outgrown/ not used to the product. HELP!!

My friends advice is pram can wait as bb is still so light and small so carrying around to hospital, etc is easy peasy.

Another advice i got is don't overstock on bath care and diapers. Need to trial and error on different brands. Get sample/small sizes ones.

But i so understand your agony :p

Will drag my mil to go shopping with us soon.

Redvel - Why don't u just change bb using the cot? Save space.
For bath stuff, a popular one seems to be J&J head to toe, or Mustela. Personally I'm more comfortable with products without sulfates, so I'm going for Aveeno and a couple of other brands, all ordered from iherb. I'm an iherb junkie :) ordered Desitin and Earthmama's bottom barrier balm also.

Deceptionist - you may not need FM at all if ur bfding kicks off, maybe dun buy FM first? If need, you'll prob use the same FM that the hospital gives your baby. Can decide on the day of discharge and get hb to buy maybe?
Think wipes can stock up, we'll go through them like there's no tmr. Must hv cotton pads to clean the cord and eyes also. I'll prob just buy 3 packs of NB sized diapers (in case she turns out to be huge).

I bought a pram, but nvr used it till bb was around 1 yo, it was a hassle dragging the pram out of car and back in again. Used the sling almost all the time, and changed to Ergo when they turned 6 mths.

@redvel I'm intending to get Capella Adonis for the baby pram as 4wheels 360degree rotatable. As for Baby cot, should be those playpen cot which comes with the changing platform at the top of the cot as I'm staying in new BTO and my room is very pack normal wooden cot is too huge.

I'm stuck on how many pampers / wipes / FM should I prepare. If I were to buy too little, no one can help me to purchase during my confinement. But also afraid if I were to stock up, bb will outgrown/ not used to the product. HELP!!
I bought 1packet of merries newborn. Can last me abt 1mths. 1tins of FM to standby. Diaper cream is a must, I used Burt bee. Very thick n natural. Baby may need to go check out for jadunice doc after 1wks. Can ask husband to buy during confinement. After 1mths, I let baby sleep in stroller when we go out. As I having c-sect need time to recover so didn't carry baby a lot especially going out. Most of time use stroller even for going downstairs for a walk.

I bought 1packet of merries newborn. Can last me abt 1mths. 1tins of FM to standby. Diaper cream is a must, I used Burt bee. Very thick n natural. Baby may need to go check out for jadunice doc after 1wks. Can ask husband to buy during confinement. After 1mths, I let baby sleep in stroller when we go out. As I having c-sect need time to recover so didn't carry baby a lot especially going out. Most of time use stroller even for going downstairs for a walk.
Wow, 1 pack can last u a mth? I really should try out merries then. Pampers NB def lasted me less than a mth per pack as we need to change abt 6 per day.

Wow, 1 pack can last u a mth? I really should try out merries then. Pampers NB def lasted me less than a mth per pack as we need to change abt 6 per day.
How many packs of newborn diapers should we standby for the 1st month? 1 pack = about 90 diapers

I think 3 packs of diaper is good. Also for fm normally I will buy one for standby too. Wipes I have plenty. For stroller I think u can decide later. Coz if u buy the stroller that is for nb it's more exp than the one for 3 mths and above. Unless u always go out, else pram can buy later. Actually depending on the bb, sometimes they Poo a lot and that's y need to change more diaper during 1st mth

I think 3 packs of diaper is good. Also for fm normally I will buy one for standby too. Wipes I have plenty. For stroller I think u can decide later. Coz if u buy the stroller that is for nb it's more exp than the one for 3 mths and above. Unless u always go out, else pram can buy later. Actually depending on the bb, sometimes they Poo a lot and that's y need to change more diaper during 1st mth
Thanks verluv :) The 3 packs of diaper, should we get all NB size or heard some people say they might outgrow NB size quickly so to get some size S?

That's what I'm afraid of, outgrow NB size too quickly. Hahah, because my hubby is too blur already and I can't really trust him to get the items I want. So if possible, I wouldn't ask him for that favour but if really require then haha no choice. Pram not getting till bb is out because I doubt will be using it so early.
Question: Undergo C-sec cannot carry the bb too much?

If you r expecting friends to give you practical gifts like diapers, maybe you don't buy first, in case they buy all NB sized. Think we will be discharged from hospital with the leftover bag of diapers. So should hv enough for a few days at home.
My girls were small, 2.6 kg at birth. I rem using abt 5 - 6 packs of NB sized diapers for each. But Pampers NB has only around 60 pcs per pack I think.

Deceptionist - maybe before you pop, go ntuc to take photo of the diff brands of diapers and sizes. So when u need him to buy, send him down with the exact pic to buy.
Oh, we need to buy maternity pads too! Forgot abt that!

Yes I think tuna is right, for the diaper Sosa it really depends on your bb size. My bb are both small in size like 2.5-2.6kg so I started with nb. Unlike my bro bb is 3.4kg to start with, his upgraded to small size pretty fast.
For maternity pad, I din buy any. I Juz buy those super long pads. I'm also using disposable undies so I dun have to wash them since I dun have a confinement lady. I think we sure have time to go out de esp we need to bring bb for check up and stuff.. So u sure have time to go for some fast shopping. Dun worry so much

I got the kotex maternity ones. Found maternity pads to be much softer, kinder on the stitches (quite painful to me), but what I did was to place one of those usual night time super long ones below (to ensure no staining) and one maternity one on top (as it's soft but pretty small).

I use the urine incontinence ones called tena. thick and long. hahah.... I like coz thick!

I dread cutting down there. Actually, I'm very scared of childbirth. :(

I'm not so scared of the childbirth process. I'm scared of losing sleep after popping hahaa(thus looking tired, depression, etc).

But always remind ourselves we women/mummies are stronger than we think.

I'm not looking forward to both !;) seems so scary but for the sake of the little one of cos anything also can. Just haven mentally prepared myself fully yet. ;(

Yes, all I can recall is that the 1st 6 mths is a blur. Hahaha.... And I have 3 weddings to attend this time around. I hope I won't look like a mess.

My 25wks going to 26wks. Mine is abt 800g.

Mine now 960g! My glucose test is finally normal after I started a carb n ice cream supper! (I was having low blood sugar before.)

I have set my C section in first week July. My friend's Filipino maid will be transfered to me this week. Confinement nanny is arranged via TMC. So all look good for now... 3D scan will be done in May 1st week :D

Hubby n I are excited!

Asking for C section mama,

Who has done it awake? I did it under GA last time. Gynea is persuading me to do it awake instead. I worry about being awake n listening to all the "operation sounds n discussion". I never liked dentist experience with all the cling clang dang.

Can share your experience? Pros n cons?

I use the urine incontinence ones called tena. thick and long. hahah.... I like coz thick!

I dread cutting down there. Actually, I'm very scared of childbirth. :(
Me too, very scared of the cutting. Thats why I like the gas, makes me too high to think of the scary stuff.
I shall try Tena too, thanks for recommendation!

Back