(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Hi ladies, ms really differs from person to persons. Don't have ms doesn't mean baby is not growing. Have ms also doesn't guarantee that baby is ok.

I know of a forum sister who did her blood test (usually done about 18 days after ovulation). The passing mark is 250. We usually see results ranging from 250 - 1000. But her results were over 15,000. She is having twins and no ms symptoms. Pregnancy also progressing well, no spotting or bleeding. So it is really ok..

But if it really worries u, can pop in for a gynae visit. I am particularly scared cos I have poor egg quality. So I did scans on week 6, 8 and 10, just to make sure beanie is growing strong.

Hi SloshySoupy - thanks for your kind words and advice, you won't believe how much more assured I am right now. I also want to enjoy my pregnancy and honestly count myself blessed that I don't have all the harsh symptoms such as extreme morning sickness. This really helps in keeping the pregnancy a secret.

My next gynae visit will be 15 May which will be 11 weeks for me - so I am 2 weeks behind you. I am looking forward to that visit
dun worry divine, its really differ for each and every pregnancy. Just rem no every woman's body are alike and that is why we react differently when we are pregnant.

I am more than happy to know that I did helped to assured you. I just dun wish u to go thru those agonizing worrying and fretting session. I even throw tantrums at my hubby (coz beside my mom, he's the only one who knew of the pregnancy). Of course, its also impossible to stop worrying altogether. I still have some worries at times, but its not as bad now. I still find myself wondering how my little one is doing, has the legs grown yet? (coz last scan I cld only see arms, very clearly, cant see legs... and I read that by right, limbs shld grow about the same time..)... everyday I prayed that his/her leggy start to grow normally. That's like my primary concern right now... so to say I am totally off the worry zone is a big fat lousy lie.

I still cling on to hubs assurance and assurance frm some gals, like hopeful here. She had many bad memories, and she n beanie are fighting strong. Its very inspiring. I too dun dwell on my past m/c history. I take that as something which makes me stronger and braver.

Help! Ladies, didn't realise I had hives when I got so itchy all over the body in the middle of last nite. This evening, it was full blown & I was scratching non stop so a check with my mum then knew it is hives. Help needed :((((

Hi SloshySoupy - thanks for your kind words and advice, you won't believe how much more assured I am right now. I also want to enjoy my pregnancy and honestly count myself blessed that I don't have all the harsh symptoms such as extreme morning sickness. This really helps in keeping the pregnancy a secret.

My next gynae visit will be 15 May which will be 11 weeks for me - so I am 2 weeks behind you. I am looking forward to that visit
Don't worry, you are among the lucky group who don't hv MS! I have many galfrens who don't hv MS and still deliver healthy babies.
Ya, I'm so envious of u cos I'm at week 11 now but MS seems to be worse. Although it's better than my #2 when I puked everyday, MS is still very tortorous. It's like whole day motion sickness. Terrible.
So u don't fret so much & must be happy!

Hi I am going to be 9 weeks this Thursday, however I still don't have any major symptoms of pregnancy. I had some nausea over the past 2 weeks but this week totally gone. I don't have a good appetite but I can still eat. My breasts are slightly tender but not painful or sore. I get some "jabbing" pains on my chest and lower pelvic from time to time. I had a mild yeast infection which I believe is now gone. No bleeding or weird discharge. Honestly, I don't feel pregnant at all.

This is worrying because I expect symptoms to increase - I have been wondering whether my baby is ok but I don't really want to go to my gynae. Does anyone knows how the 24 hour O&G at KKH works? Do we need appoint or can just walk in? How much is the cost of just walking in and requesting for a scan.

Hi Divine, my first preggy no ms or symptom at all only spotting beside tat I'm very normal not even craving.
But this time round I feel nausea spotting tired and no appetite. So it differs on every person & pregnancy.
U should be glad that you experienced none of it, just relax & be happy ya.

O&G at kkh can just walk in, they will ask you wat happen then check baby for u.
Best is return to ur gynae as they know Best ya.

Oh just want to ask anyone got increase of discharge sometimes in white or yellow. I experienced in that I feel so uncomfortable keep going toilet to clean up and even change my panty too. It is not itchy. Is it infection? Should I let my gynae know as first baby I nv experience it at all.

Oh just want to ask anyone got increase of discharge sometimes in white or yellow. I experienced in that I feel so uncomfortable keep going toilet to clean up and even change my panty too. It is not itchy. Is it infection? Should I let my gynae know as first baby I nv experience it at all.
i still experience discharge, creamy white n yellow. I read that as long as no pain during pee, not smelly itchy, shld be alrite. I will be asking gynae bout discharge on my next visit...

i still experience discharge, creamy white n yellow. I read that as long as no pain during pee, not smelly itchy, shld be alrite. I will be asking gynae bout discharge on my next visit...

Oh I thinking to ask him too on my next visit which is next Thursday.
So looking forward.

Hi divine. Don't worry so much. Honestly with ms or no ms, we r still in our early stages of pregnancy. So I bet many of us don't feel like we are pregnant at all. Even with ms, we juz feel like as though we are sick all day with bloated stomach for some with bumps showing already. I for once don't feel I'm pregnant although im first time too. My dh always ask me do u feel anything? Any movement? I would juz give him a stare n say no. And he will ask back how come u don't feel anything?....I mean d beanie is like an inch or 2 only n very much protected way inside my uterus so how am I suppose to feel anything? Anyways, im also one of those whose ms is not tat frequent compared to family history. N my mom is like always saying to show tat u r very sick n vomiting a lot in front of others. Juz for d sake of no "evil eyes" on me n baby, she wants me to get more sick....no juz pretend but literally be sick in front of them like make retching sounds n volutarily vomit out food....i always argue back don't b absurd. Media has influenced us so much that a women is properly pregnant if she has ms. But doctors frm talk shows have been saying that it is totally possible for pple to not have ms. There is even a program abt some moms to discover their pregnancy when they were in labour only - how scary can tat be....but it is a proof tat some women can lead very normal life despite being pregnant.

So don't put too much worry abt ur absence of ms. Juz think of it as being lucky to not be sick on dis beautiful journey towards motherhood. I know how hard it can b to b alone on a secret, so any worries juz talk to us. We will b thr for you - we are in this journey together, we can help one another as much as possible. For any medical queries that u r unsure of, don't fret to inform ur gynae - they know wat is best for u. Even as silly as it may sound, don't be shy to ask.

Last edited:
Help! Ladies, didn't realise I had hives when I got so itchy all over the body in the middle of last nite. This evening, it was full blown & I was scratching non stop so a check with my mum then knew it is hives. Help needed :((((

Use moisturizer?

I experienced an increase in creamy white discharge for both pregnancies,read that it's normal as more activities going on near our cervix area..

I think all pregnancy are different. I don't have morn sickness for no1 and this beanie. God blessed.
But I suspect I have got yeast infection as on n off I have greenish discharge. Waiting too see gynae to ask him got med to clear. Been awhile. My breast get very sore n frequent urine for me as my pregnancy symptom.

I have asked my doc, discharge is normal, due to hormonal changes. But I hate the wet salty feeling though....

My mum has another school of thought...she says without ms, the child grows up with better immune. Those who had bad ms during that pregnancy, the child will turn out weaker. Duno how true...

Hey girls , those without ms , don't fret ! My #1 was very good and he was born healthy. Maybe u are having boys??

But this time my #2 I feel seasick everyday .. So I'm hoping it's a girl.

Use moisturizer?

I experienced an increase in creamy white discharge for both pregnancies,read that it's normal as more activities going on near our cervix area..

Yue,
For hives u can try using white vinegar to heat up a little and apply on ur body. It goes off n stop the itch very fast. I did that on my 3.5 yrs daughter before n it clear quite fast. Alternative u can see dr for some anti itch cream to apply.

Thanks, tried both. It got so bad that this morning @ 2am, it spread all over the body & I was scratching non stop that I surrended & agreed w dh to go O&G.

For milky/yellowish discharge, I have also checked with doc. Like what many had said, so long as it is not itchy, no pain when pee pee, no really cause of concern.

Hi I'm new here currently at 9 weeks.
This is my second pregnancy, but still hve the spotting issues as my first one.
Now on Duphaston, so no spotting Liao. Hope don need to rely on it for too long.
My Edd is 27 Nov. :)
Pray hard that everything will be fine.

hi, we have same edd.. and also the spotting issue..
Welcome :)

hi hi.
i having my oscar scan tomolo. at wk13 exact.
been 4wks no go c gynae, hope tomolo scan will b ok.

sianz. sick again. down wif cough n flu again. when can all these illness get far away fr me....

hi hi.

sianz. sick again. down wif cough n flu again. when can all these illness get far away fr me....
don't worry beanie will be very happy during the Oscar scan. sounds so interesting. maybe u can see gp and get medication?

don't worry beanie will be very happy during the Oscar scan. sounds so interesting. maybe u can see gp and get medication?
hahaha. ya. hope so.
ytd c GP liao. but still dun really dare to take GP med. dun knw y. mayb becoz last time when my GP prescribe the med to me, my gynae ask me not to take. n take his instead. lol...
anyway, i trying to recover by myself. hope by taking vit c daily and drink lots of water can help.....

hi hi.

Same here! Can't wait for tmr and hopefully everything will be alright.
When we r expecting, a lot of resources go to the baby growing hence we r weaker, hope u recover soon!

When we r expecting, a lot of resources go to the baby growing hence we r weaker, hope u recover soon!
thanks. yup. guess so.
but 2nd time get cough n flu. super sianz. totally no mood to work.
but have to come bk due to mth end.

Hi, any mummies experience on and off feeling not well? Like, 2 days feeling great, no nausea or headache then after, back again and no energy and short of breath...can't even sit still in office.. :confused:

hi hi.

Speedy recovery!

+you! I just finished my Oscar at novena medical centre.. sonographer gave me 2 pictures to keep..

I dunno la .. My hubby and I and his entire family hope for a girl .. That side got a few grand kids and all Boys , when my hubby share I'm pregnant last Sunday they also like sian alrdy lol .. Nothing new.. So many pregnant ppl around... But show a tiny bit of interest by asking u know boy or girl alrdy??

Of course most important thing is healthy la .. But I very scared if boy we will disappointed. Although by right we shouldn't because is still our flesh right .. Hahazz... Like talking to myself to feel less guilty to ask for too much .. Cos really healthy more impt..

slapurface, u mean u have a few relatives who are also preggy at the moment?

can sorta understand ur desire for a gal and at the same time thinking the ultimate most impt thing is the baby's overall health n well being... its quite a dilemma... nmind if its a boy, then ur son will have a deedee to play with... thou I wish u get ur dream gal!

Ya ... It was our grandma birthday ... Then suddenly the grandma touch my stomach say u also Jiayou hor .. I say shun qi Zhi ran lor... Then soon after I realise my sis in law is 3rd month preggy due in October lol.. My husband only tell my pil, that grandma dunno yet

My bil wife gave birth last year to her second boy ... My own sister is due this July , my fb page flooded with new births and new announcements of pregnancy so it's like nothing special lol

wow! ur sis, ur sis in law... happening!

yeah, think this yr garhmen beri happy... lotsa horsey babies galloping out!!!! Me-hay!!!

lol ya really a lot of. ppl around me also sharing a lot of preggie news.
but I not so brave like them announce in FB. they will post the ultrasound photo.

but sometimes I find very scary. got one guy posted. but after many months he kept very quiet and I see no baby photos. I hope all is well. I think this is the kind of thing I wanna avoid. so happy but suddenly no news also very scary.

my hubby family , relatives all very close. one cousin gave birth to baby girl in mar, then our SIL will be jul. then my turn is jul.

my own friends, feb, aug, oct !

Lol, really choy choy choy!!!! ahahahahah!

i agree with the posting n announcing too much too early on Fb (though i dun do FB la...hahahha) i think some like very happy so cant contained the joy, esp if they r expecting their first so quickly post and all...

even on the streets, restautant, shopping ctr, bound to see more than 2 preggy ladies... and i keep telling my hubs wa, this yr our country's baby quota confirmed hit liaoz

Ho
I dunno la .. My hubby and I and his entire family hope for a girl .. That side got a few grand kids and all Boys , when my hubby share I'm pregnant last Sunday they also like sian alrdy lol .. Nothing new.. So many pregnant ppl around... But show a tiny bit of interest by asking u know boy or girl alrdy??

Of course most important thing is healthy la .. But I very scared if boy we will disappointed. Although by right we shouldn't because is still our flesh right .. Hahazz... Like talking to myself to feel less guilty to ask for too much .. Cos really healthy more impt..

Guess wat... My whole family which is my 2 sis & bro all give birth to girl & my hubby sil also girl!
I'm the only one with a boy, amazing rite!! Tats y I despo .... Lol!
So I guess is not in the genes!
Every time I see cute girl clothing will drool leh!

My bil wife gave birth last year to her second boy ... My own sister is due this July , my fb page flooded with new births and new announcements of pregnancy so it's like nothing special lol

during dragon yr, my house got 3 preggy, both my sis & me!
This time one of my sis also conceived again by IVF so is 4 weeks now, she despo for boy!
Hope we get wat we want!

Hi hi Jiayou together!!!
Hope the irritating spotting will go away after first trim.
Today my first day without Duphaston, hope no more spotting if not need to see gynae again!
how come u are off duphaston? complete the course gynae given already?

my gynae from want to end it at week 12, now want me to take all the way till delivery. he says good for my uterus. so I guai guai follow. lol I super kia si.

Hi ladies, I'm new here!

I'm 12 weeks today.. Had been feeling super bloated n gassy since week 7 preggy.. Even till now.. Had been finding ways to remove all the gas in order to feel better..

Will be going for my oscar scan this Friday at TMC... Had been feeling worried since the day I found myself pregnant as I had 2 mc before 3 years back..

And end up divorced.. And tie the knot with my current last yr and by chance, or luck? I got preggy..

I'm was only 22 when I first mc-ed... Took the trouble to go for all kind of test and check up to see what went wrong and found no results..

This preggy.. I went on to do the miscarriage profit A and B test and everything was fine.. Kept having false alarm n always visit my Gynae before the appointed date..

Had been feeling super super tired and my nausea is on and off.. But I can slp a few times in the day.. And hence got to stop working for awhile.. :(

I'm still at nuh. Just done with my scan. I saw my beanie. The heartbeat sounded strong today!! And they nvr tell me the rate but says all doing well. I can only hear dr say. Good. Doing good. Makes me more an xin.

So funny the heartbeat sounded like "whish wash whish wash"

I'm measuring right as per my conception date of 9w2d instead of lmp 9w5d. So I'm not so worried. Tonight can slp peacefully. But they want to put me on higher dosage of jabs.

Twice a week just to stabilise the pregnancy. Then after 16weeks once a week. It's gonna be worth it.

Duphaston also want me to take till 3rd trim. They say too previous to make any mistakes now so just have to follow thru.

Aiyo he told me no pineapples and Papayas and I ate some pineapples on the pizzas. Now I'm super guilty!

I'm also at nuh. The last check I went was 9 weeks.. Then I request to listen to the heartbeat.but the gynae said too small. Not ready yet. So sian!!!

Back