(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

hubs flying off tonite... though I am used to it but still feel a wee bit sad :( going to be me n baby alone once again.... sigh....
Hugs. Totally understand how u feel. My hubby used to fly a lot. Out of one year abt 6mths not in town. But at least this time u have beanie to accompany u. So must stay happy :).

Mines $500 plus at tmc includes oscars and detailed scan .

Feeling worried abt oscar suddenly it's an on and off fear !
bound to feel somewhat worried, I can understand ur hidden fear.. just dun get too overly worried, go do yours with a relaxed mind. I am sure all worries will be gone when u see ur little one bouncing on the screen....

Any mummies experience any on and off cramps and on and off quite a bit bleeding discharge?

Hey.. I have been bleeding.. Some said it common bleeding during the first trimester but gynae will always advise you to see them of you see bleeding. I think the best is you consult your gynae.. Since bleeding can be many other signs...

Hey.. I have been bleeding.. Some said it common bleeding during the first trimester but gynae will always advise you to see them of you see bleeding. I think the best is you consult your gynae.. Since bleeding can be many other signs...
Ya, just emailed to my gynae,see what he advise me or to see him. Thks for sharing mummy siling.

bound to feel somewhat worried, I can understand ur hidden fear.. just dun get too overly worried, go do yours with a relaxed mind. I am sure all worries will be gone when u see ur little one bouncing on the screen....
Agree, gosh, I've to relax my mind too.

Hi mommies :)

Happy to see you guys after so long. I have staying over at mom's place and have been napping all day long over the week. so shiok!:p no need to do any work...haha...but the weather has been on and off lately, now im down with cough n flu :confused:.

As for baby powders n nappy rashes, they have something in common. I have seen caring of babies around in my family to come up with my own theory. I guess, on the overall baby powder is ok; but for oversensitive babies, lotion is best. I have seen in my side family, that over time the babies get rashes with using disposable diapers due to the stocking of urine b4 u actually change. I mean u cant really change the diapers after one urinating session - wasting the diapers n money. So they usually alternate with nappy cloths n disposable ones. But after seeing how babies frm my in-law side never get rashes despite the use of diapers only. And i found d reason. It is not the urine that cause the rash all d time but d mix of baby powder n urine. Since u change disposables when it becomes loaded, d mix causes rash on babies. So other than body, hands, face n legs, baby powder is no no for butt n around private parts. I guess d old people didnt know that n juz stock on baby powder all over baby's body. Instead my in-law side people applied drapolene cream around that area for d babies n wear d diapers. Everytime they change diapers, they dont forget to apply d cream. It is a similar nappy rash cream n has prevention measures so d urine or feces dont cause any reaction to baby's skin n cause any rashes. And i have seen the proof - those babies have never gotten a single nappy rash at all n d mommies didnt have to use nappy cloths at all ( how convenient). Even if there were cases where the baby does get rashes, no fear...juz continue with d routine, mayb use nappy cloths for some time until d rash goes away - usually babies develop rashes if they get diarrhea...d heat n d feces can cause d rash to appear. Quite sad to see babies crying when the mommies try their to wipe off their butts.

And i have seen some mommies doing this but you should not mix lotion n powder together. Some will apply lotion first, let it dry n then apply baby powder. Not a good idea either.:eek:

Rule of thumb for me.. change every 3hours during the day.. as for powder,I myself don't use it but mil does.. I also don't apply diaper cream unless there's rash

oh gosh I feel my body n face getting heated up....i don't know if I'm coming down with fever or juz due to d cold weather :(

Rule of thumb for me.. change every 3hours during the day.. as for powder,I myself don't use it but mil does.. I also don't apply diaper cream unless there's rash
good tips about changing diapers every 3 hrs.. I will try to rem it! I really hope I get the chance to use the tips u give... thks fluffyduck! guess for first timers, we really got a lot to learn.. to be honest here, I have absolutely no idea how to take care of baby!!! I guess when I am in 3rd trim, will stock up on books (yeah, I am quite old school, I am more comfortable n used to prints/hard copy than e-books n such..... maybe I m just a bit slow in IT, ha!) n do last min tutorial on infant caring... maybe a book like Idiot guide to caring for an infant....hahaha!

good tips about changing diapers every 3 hrs.. I will try to rem it! I really hope I get the chance to use the tips u give... thks fluffyduck! guess for first timers, we really got a lot to learn.. to be honest here, I have absolutely no idea how to take care of baby!!! I guess when I am in 3rd trim, will stock up on books (yeah, I am quite old school, I am more comfortable n used to prints/hard copy than e-books n such..... maybe I m just a bit slow in IT, ha!) n do last min tutorial on infant caring... maybe a book like Idiot guide to caring for an infant....hahaha!

No need to rely too much on the books & notes ..
For first-timers, maybe can try to attend Mdm Wong Boi Boi's pre-natal class ..
Quite informative for first-timers ..

anyone here who will be travelling? I have a couple of work trips coming up towards end of May I will be at the tail end of the first trimester starting second trimester....

I had choc milkshake craving at 9plus. So I went and drank the entire cup. At 1030 I think I puke more than a good half out! Like it's a warning from beanie to tell me not to drink cold cold drinks at one shot.
Sigh. I haven't puked for a week! Now after the vomit I feel tugging pain below my abdominal and slightly above the bikini line.

I'm panicking abt tmr appt too. I hope everything goes well. Even no scan I hope dr can pick up the heartbeat with their Doppler.

No need to rely too much on the books & notes ..
For first-timers, maybe can try to attend Mdm Wong Boi Boi's pre-natal class ..
Quite informative for first-timers ..
dun think I will be attending any pre natal classes... still early, maybe might change my mind later on, who knows

I had choc milkshake craving at 9plus. So I went and drank the entire cup. At 1030 I think I puke more than a good half out! Like it's a warning from beanie to tell me not to drink cold cold drinks at one shot.
Sigh. I haven't puked for a week! Now after the vomit I feel tugging pain below my abdominal and slightly above the bikini line.

I'm panicking abt tmr appt too. I hope everything goes well. Even no scan I hope dr can pick up the heartbeat with their Doppler.
eeow! milk n dairy prodt quite yucky when they become pukey stuffs.... poor thing.... I cld almost imagine how horrid the aftertaste is....

We share and learn from one another here.. ^^ yeah just read up.. trial and error.. heh..

Morning ladies. Hope it's not a great day to the start the week instead of having it blue :)

There is PH this week, too bad not on Friday. But better than none :)

I puked alot yesterday nite too. Apparently bb doesn't like pizza.....
MS seems to be worsening! Xian....

Last week i took back my oscar results.. make me 1 whole night nv sleep. Cos my result is 1:363 the cut off ratio for low risk is 1:300 so being the kancheong spider me, i freaked out cos gynae told me just borderline... went to see him immediately the next day. My #1 ratio was 1:7240 so i was concerned over the sudden drop. Luckily my NT results were good. i managed to see the nasal bone and the neck thickness oso not too thick.

Gynae told me all pregnancy are diff and he has to tell me its borderline but technically its still low risk so asked me to leave it. Cos other tests will be like the invasive ones which have 5% MC risk. Then next test is Harmony which gives a 99% accuracy BUT it still is a probability test. Meaning they tell you high or low risk. Non conclusive de.

So i have decided to chill and just trust my gynae.

Last week i took back my oscar results.. make me 1 whole night nv sleep. Cos my result is 1:363 the cut off ratio for low risk is 1:300 so being the kancheong spider me, i freaked out cos gynae told me just borderline... went to see him immediately the next day. My #1 ratio was 1:7240 so i was concerned over the sudden drop. Luckily my NT results were good. i managed to see the nasal bone and the neck thickness oso not too thick.

Gynae told me all pregnancy are diff and he has to tell me its borderline but technically its still low risk so asked me to leave it. Cos other tests will be like the invasive ones which have 5% MC risk. Then next test is Harmony which gives a 99% accuracy BUT it still is a probability test. Meaning they tell you high or low risk. Non conclusive de.

Don't worry, bb will be fine. I had even higher risk for my #1, 1 in 54 , about 2%. In the end do amnio & she is ok.
That's why not doing Oscar this time round. Will only do detailed scan at 5 mths.

Don't worry, bb will be fine. I had even higher risk for my #1, 1 in 54 , about 2%. In the end do amnio & she is ok.
That's why not doing Oscar this time round. Will only do detailed scan at 5 mths.
So happy that ur gal is alrite! 1:54 is indeed an awful scare... and to think you had to wait till week 16 then the amnio comes in and another 2 weeks of anxiety before you get the all clear from amnio...

just checking... does amnio gets the express result thingy? i mean is there such a thing where u pay to get the result faster than the norm 2 weeks wait?

ur baby will be ok.. could be the age that pull the ratio down... coz they factor that in to come up with the ratio...

just checking... does amnio gets the express result thingy? i mean is there such a thing where u pay to get the result faster than the norm 2 weeks wait?
Im not sure if there is express , had to wait 2 weeks then while MC at home cos amnio carries a risk. In fact I did amnio quite late, around week 18?

by the way, your checkup later will be good. Don't worry!

Hi ladies... Don't mean to be a wet blanket on many sisters here who are about to cross the first trimester mark. I'm very excited for you girls!

But I'm here to say goodbye...

My scan this morning wasn't promising. According to the sonographer, my embryo was estimated to have stopped growing at week 6 (I'm at week 9 this week) and no heart beat was detected. I have most probably lost my baby during my spotting week when I had tissue-like mucus discharge.

I'll be returning to my gynae with the reports tomorrow and will most probably arrange for a D&C to remove the embryo in my sac.

加油 to all you ladies! Hugs and kisses!

so sad .. but think positive ...
Actually i have been prepared too .. for the worst condition ... last two days .. keep spotting..
like menses.. tonight will go to see my gynae again..

Good bye everyone .

Gynae diagnosed my case blighted ovum as the sac doesn't grow still. He did echo and nth else detected .

Will be taking med to purge all out by tml morning to self terminate it.

I wish all Nov 14 MTBs healthy and happy babies ;)

God bless and Gd bye ..

Bel.. take care ... God bless you too...

Im not sure if there is express , had to wait 2 weeks then while MC at home cos amnio carries a risk. In fact I did amnio quite late, around week 18?

by the way, your checkup later will be good. Don't worry!
ok thks.. have to check with gynae coz i m doin that instead of Oscar... sound kindda crazy huh, like putting baby at risk like that, sigh.. i dun really hve a choice as my age already put me in high risk, so Oscar most likely (might) show me a high risk ratio, i cant live with that till amnio confirmation test... only comfort is my gynae will be performing it personally, and he's very experienced so more or less not so worried. I am sure he will protect my baby!

ok thks.. have to check with gynae coz i m doin that instead of Oscar... sound kindda crazy huh, like putting baby at risk like that, sigh.. i dun really hve a choice as my age already put me in high risk, so Oscar most likely (might) show me a high risk ratio, i cant live with that till amnio confirmation test... only comfort is my gynae will be performing it personally, and he's very experienced so more or less not so worried. I am sure he will protect my baby!
Why not do Harmony? Heard the accuracy is high too. More than 99%, that's why it's so expensive.

did consider Harmony... somehow my gynae doesn't seem to think this is a good enough test for me.. i told him my fear n all, and he knew what i am looking for amongst all the tests.. i am looking for a straight diagnostic test wo any of those ''if's''.....
have done quite a substantial readings n research on my own, together with all the necessary info, stats etc provided by my gynae before we reached this decision. I trust my gynae and his expertise and my decision. thks for the suggestion though...

I'm still at nuh. Just done with my scan. I saw my beanie. The heartbeat sounded strong today!! And they nvr tell me the rate but says all doing well. I can only hear dr say. Good. Doing good. Makes me more an xin.

So funny the heartbeat sounded like "whish wash whish wash"

I'm measuring right as per my conception date of 9w2d instead of lmp 9w5d. So I'm not so worried. Tonight can slp peacefully. But they want to put me on higher dosage of jabs.

Twice a week just to stabilise the pregnancy. Then after 16weeks once a week. It's gonna be worth it.

Duphaston also want me to take till 3rd trim. They say too previous to make any mistakes now so just have to follow thru.

Aiyo he told me no pineapples and Papayas and I ate some pineapples on the pizzas. Now I'm super guilty!

I did Oscar and a detailed scan with Dr Ananda
for my #1 when I was 41. I didn't want to go for amnio test for the fear of MC. Lucky thing my Oscar result is ok and detailed scan also further ensure that baby is normal.

Hi I'm new here currently at 9 weeks.
This is my second pregnancy, but still hve the spotting issues as my first one.
Now on Duphaston, so no spotting Liao. Hope don need to rely on it for too long.
My Edd is 27 Nov. :)
Pray hard that everything will be fine.

Now on Duphaston, so no spotting Liao. Hope don need to rely on it for too long.
hi we are due abt the same time. same here i also have spotting issues. i think my beanie doesn't like me to scan. lol after i go dr i go a slight tinge of pink mucus, but it stopped for a week already.

dr says duphaston will help so we just follow :)
good luck!

I'm still at nuh. Just done with my scan. I saw my beanie. The heartbeat sounded strong today!! And they nvr tell me the rate but says all doing well. I can only hear dr say. Good. Doing good. Makes me more an xin.

So funny the heartbeat sounded like "whish wash whish wash"

I'm measuring right as per my conception date of 9w2d instead of lmp 9w5d. So I'm not so worried. Tonight can slp peacefully. But they want to put me on higher dosage of jabs.

Twice a week just to stabilise the pregnancy. Then after 16weeks once a week. It's gonna be worth it.

Duphaston also want me to take till 3rd trim. They say too previous to make any mistakes now so just have to follow thru.

Aiyo he told me no pineapples and Papayas and I ate some pineapples on the pizzas. Now I'm super guilty!

That's great news! My Oscar appointment is tomorrow.. kinda nervous..

Hi Snowydine..! Jiayou.. 3 weeks more to pass the first trimester mark

Oooh fluffyduck.. so excited for u!!!! do update us when u r done with ur Oscar tml ok...;)

where r u doin it at? in the morn? all the best and hve lotsa cheery fun!

hi we are due abt the same time. same here i also have spotting issues. i think my beanie doesn't like me to scan. lol after i go dr i go a slight tinge of pink mucus, but it stopped for a week already.

dr says duphaston will help so we just follow :)
good luck!

Hi, hopeful mum lets jiayou! :)

Hi I am going to be 9 weeks this Thursday, however I still don't have any major symptoms of pregnancy. I had some nausea over the past 2 weeks but this week totally gone. I don't have a good appetite but I can still eat. My breasts are slightly tender but not painful or sore. I get some "jabbing" pains on my chest and lower pelvic from time to time. I had a mild yeast infection which I believe is now gone. No bleeding or weird discharge. Honestly, I don't feel pregnant at all.

This is worrying because I expect symptoms to increase - I have been wondering whether my baby is ok but I don't really want to go to my gynae. Does anyone knows how the 24 hour O&G at KKH works? Do we need appoint or can just walk in? How much is the cost of just walking in and requesting for a scan.

Hi I am going to be 9 weeks this Thursday, however I still don't have any major symptoms of pregnancy. I had some nausea over the past 2 weeks but this week totally gone. I don't have a good appetite but I can still eat. My breasts are slightly tender but not painful or sore. I get some "jabbing" pains on my chest and lower pelvic from time to time. I had a mild yeast infection which I believe is now gone. No bleeding or weird discharge. Honestly, I don't feel pregnant at all.

This is worrying because I expect symptoms to increase - I have been wondering whether my baby is ok but I don't really want to go to my gynae. Does anyone knows how the 24 hour O&G at KKH works? Do we need appoint or can just walk in? How much is the cost of just walking in and requesting for a scan.

ok, I assume all these are just ur paranoia at work.. let me share with you what I have.. I am almost similar to you. Except I dun experience any ms. Not even nausea. If die die must say, only just once when I had dinner really late, even then, I guess its just hunger pangs at work. Nothing major and I honestly dun think it had anything to do with ms. My boobs are sore only when I pressed them. Till today, I can still wear my old bras and no prob even with wired ones. I read that some breast can be pain until like so jiak luk, mine felt just like how it wld feel like before my period... not much diff. I think the jabbing pains on ur chest cld be mild heartburn which is common in pregnancy.

if u need to go to kkh just to check on ur beanie n have some sorta reassurance, u can walk in at their a&e. They will billed all walk in as private rates. Depending on the gynae on duty, normally the rates are in the 100 plus (wo med). when I had my spotting scare the other time and walked in to kkh a&e dept, I was billed 180 plus (with med, 50 plus). I wldnt reccomend u to waste such money unless if u really cant wait till ur next gynae appt

I agree with sloshy. Actually if u are really worried I rather u pay a visit to ur own Gynae. Just tell them ur concerns. I will feel
More comfy seeing my own Gynae also. Also every preg is diff. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing with no symptoms. The Gynae just laughed at me today when I told her my ms left but came back. She says not bad u managed to take a break.

Dear SloshySoup, may I know how many weeks are you along already? Yes I must say I have preganancy paranoia (took an online quiz, and fulfill all the descriptors!!) and this is partly due to the fact that this is my first pregnancy and also obviously this is still now a secret... I worry a lot and think too much honestly, but I can't really help it...

Oh if the rates at KKH are as high as private, I may as well go to my own gynae right for even more re-assurance....

Good to know someone here has the same situation as me. I honestly don't even have nausea for the past week - I was so happy that I had some nausea and rushed to buy organic ginger pastilles... but no need for them these few days..

I know most online articles/forum like babycentre etc all states that ms is a good sign of pregnancy. It let us know our preg is well and progressing though no scientific research has yet to confirm how true that is, still I believe that ms is a positive sign of pregnancy.

I, too, am like you once, divine. I waited, fretted and prayed for mine to strike. never mind if its mild or severe, least I get some assurance frm my body telling me that my preg is on the right track and my hormones are all hard at work. I get so worked up that everyone seems to complain of ms symptoms, vomit, nausea and I was like wth is wrong with me n my preg? Is my hcg not enough? (to kickstart the ms, as some research believes its the raging hormones which causes ms..) is my preg goin to be norm? if it is, then why am I not like everyone else? is my preg abnormal and I dun know it yet? my mom has ms so by right I shld have some isn't it? and so on and so forth.. u have no idea how many sleepless nites I went thru juggling and trying to ans all the above.

I worry all the way from week 5 till week 8plus. Then I give up worrying. I actually felt happier and relaxed and time passed faster when I stopped worrying. I am currently week 11. As long as everything is normal during every one of my gynae visits, I am contented. As to why I dun have ms, (its my first preg too), I dun really care anymore and attribute to the fact that maybe I just dun have em and that's it. I dun ponder on those unnecessary why's anymore.

enjoy ur preg and u can still eat those lovely ginger pastilles as snacks.

I know.. I also no symptoms kind..

I also had some ready infection. Now still have those creamy greenish discharge... On and off.. Means it's still there.. Quite long Liao...

Just go to your Gyane if you are worried... Spend some money to get some reassurance...

I also have some stabbing kinda pain at lower abdominal at times... Sometimes tummy area... But I think it as uterus stretching lo...

Hi ladies, ms really differs from person to person. I know of a lady who is having twins. When we did our hcg blood tests (which is about 16 days after ovulation), our hcg levels are about 300-1000. M

Hi SloshySoupy - thanks for your kind words and advice, you won't believe how much more assured I am right now. I also want to enjoy my pregnancy and honestly count myself blessed that I don't have all the harsh symptoms such as extreme morning sickness. This really helps in keeping the pregnancy a secret.

My next gynae visit will be 15 May which will be 11 weeks for me - so I am 2 weeks behind you. I am looking forward to that visit

Back