(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Anyone knows how is dr Janice chin frm kkh? I juz booked d latest available date with any female doc at kkh n I got her. Anyone can share ur experiences with her? I still haven seen her yet but I'm confused whether to continue to see her or change to another doctor....
It's up to u to whether wanna continue with her or not.

For me the male Gyane I'm with is so gentle. When he do the Pap smear and inserting the spectrum it's not painful at all.. I been to female Gyane and female go do that all super pain..

So I stick to my Gyane. Some say female Gyane not as gentle as make cuz they also went thru the prices and feel not so pain and don't know why we need to scream etc.

Make Gyane will be more gentle. But then again it's all up to individual, some female Gyane will be gentle but I go de all very painful.. Like not concern kind.. So I stop going..

It's up to u to whether wanna continue with her or not.

For me the male Gyane I'm with is so gentle. When he do the Pap smear and inserting the spectrum it's not painful at all.. I been to female Gyane and female go do that all super pain..

So I stick to my Gyane. Some say female Gyane not as gentle as make cuz they also went thru the prices and feel not so pain and don't know why we need to scream etc.

Make Gyane will be more gentle. But then again it's all up to individual, some female Gyane will be gentle but I go de all very painful.. Like not concern kind.. So I stop going..
yeah I know what u mean...i don't mind a male gynae either but my both side family feel more comfortable if I was seeing a female gynae instead hence no choice lor....so trying to see if anyone recommend a gd female gynae at kkh...

yeah I know what u mean...i don't mind a male gynae either but my both side family feel more comfortable if I was seeing a female gynae instead hence no choice lor....so trying to see if anyone recommend a gd female gynae at kkh...

Huh.. But u r the one seeing the Gyane leh.. I feel u should follow ur feeling and not compromising it with what ur families wants for you, what they think is better for u might nt be the case at all..

To me it's like, I'm sick I'm the one seeing doc yet u all keep pushing me to a doc who I don't even feel comfortable or what..

U can always go see another Gyane and compare lo.. If u prefer female de then go for it. If not still to ur feeling, u r the one who is seeing and not the families.. Haha.. That's my tots la.. Just my 2 cents worth opinion..

@babyunicorn, y u feel u will deliver early?? Alot of my friends didnt deliver early.. some even past edd! I worry now leh.. my edd should be 27nov.. but my no1 bday is 30nov! How!!!
Sashimi! I also want!! But must go to safe places that serves fresh ones. Agree with u, 2nd preg more relax! Lol!

@janine, maybe u might go up to d!! But 1 thing confirm is.. big boobs doesnt mean more milk! Haha!

@slapurface, what u ate? Y sudden intense pain?

so coincedence .. my 1st one bday is 30Nov too.. current one .. edd is 27Nov.. but still not accurate.
My1st one i was induce on the edd base one the Oscar scan info.

any ideas for a short getaway holiday? Not too far away? Was thinking Bali....

Anyone going for holiday?

me .. going to Bali on beginning of May .. somemore is to attend my cousin wedding there.. 4D3N.
Asked gynae.. he said ok ..
My 1st one, i went Hongkong .. for 4D3N.. too

Hi mummies, I just went for my checkup...started my package today at 8weeks. $3k for all scheduled visits from now and delivery. Is that reasonable? I will only be doing my OSCAR at 12weeks, is that kind of late?

a few mommy colleagues were sharing their birth stories with me and the issues they faced after delivery...

One of them didn't have support for exclusive breastfeeding so she gave up at 1st month... The other one had issues with her own mum caring for her child.

But they kept reassuring me that things will eventually work out...

feeling so emotional. :(

a few mommy colleagues were sharing their birth stories with me and the issues they faced after delivery...

One of them didn't have support for exclusive breastfeeding so she gave up at 1st month... The other one had issues with her own mum caring for her child.

don't be affected first. all ladies face different challenges. sometimes I also envy my super rich friend, when she deliver she has one confinement lady and one maid to help out. they stay in a big bungalow in bukit timah. so all her focus is to take care of her own health and rem to feed baby.

so shiok right. lol but many ladies I know who are normal mid class like us survive very well. so all will be smooth after u deliver. don't worry and let it affect ur mood.

Hi mummies, I just went for my checkup...started my package today at 8weeks. $3k for all scheduled visits from now and delivery. Is that reasonable? I will only be doing my OSCAR at 12weeks, is that kind of late?
Wah!! 3k for pre natal visits only?? Meaning from now till u give birth the visit? That's very expensive leh.. If it is including Gyane few for delivery den ok but also quite pricey

My Gyane package start from 12 weeks and it's only $650. Deliver few is another price.. I thk about another $1k plus

As for Oscar scan, doing it at 12 weeks is the normal.. Oscar can only be done between 11-13 weeks..

hows beanie doing? tmr I will be 8w0d also. nerve wrecking.

Oh. I tot OSCAR can do at week 10 so u hv more time to do second test and decide shld anything happen.
Oh the 3k includes visit consultation, ultrasound, delivery fee( be it natural or c sect), post delivery visit x1, standard urine tests at every visit, hospital visit after delivery by doc.

don't be affected first. all ladies face different challenges. sometimes I also envy my super rich friend, when she deliver she has one confinement lady and one maid to help out. they stay in a big bungalow in bukit timah. so all her focus is to take care of her own health and rem to feed baby.

so shiok right. lol but many ladies I know who are normal mid class like us survive very well. so all will be smooth after u deliver. don't worry and let it affect ur mood.

Frankly... I also don't know what I'm worrying about. Just feel vexed and bothered by the uncertainty. I really don't know how mommies deal with so much issues all lumped together!

Oh. I tot OSCAR can do at week 10 so u hv more time to do second test and decide shld anything happen.
Oh the 3k includes visit consultation, ultrasound, delivery fee( be it natural or c sect), post delivery visit x1, standard urine tests at every visit, hospital visit after delivery by doc.

Oh.. Like that den ok la... I tot only prenatal visits.. Super ex sia like that..

Just to check with ur.. gynae count 1st day of last mense. but embroyo is not at the exact same 8 weeks.. am I right? My gynae count im 8wks.. then say embroyo is ard 6 wks according to measure size from ultrasound scan.. so we always count by last menses or embryo weeks?

Btw, oscar stands for??

Just to check with ur.. gynae count 1st day of last mense. but embroyo is not at the exact same 8 weeks.. am I right? My gynae count im 8wks.. then say embroyo is ard 6 wks according to measure size from ultrasound scan.. so we always count by last menses or embryo weeks?

Btw, oscar stands for??
Yes... From LMP, I'm at week 8 but according to the size of embryo, I'm only at week 7. I'm going according to the number of weeks stated by my gynae.

Oscar test is to check for down syndrome between week 11 to 13.

so coincedence .. my 1st one bday is 30Nov too.. current one .. edd is 27Nov.. but still not accurate.
My1st one i was induce on the edd base one the Oscar scan info.
Whahahhaha!!! Such a coincidence!! I based on lmp for current edd. U? How old is ur number 1??

Dont worry so much.. all will fall into places somehow or another.. the more u think, the more u stress n confirm cannot find a definite solution.. so relax n see how things go along the way.

Sorry ladies been silently reading cos just got over my D&c procedure. Lost the bb at w 10 due to no heartbeat.

can I just randomly ask if anyone been to toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and quebec? Any itinerary or food places to share?I'm planning to go in 2 weeks to recharge and hopefully start over again.

Sorry ladies been silently reading cos just got over my D&c procedure. Lost the bb at w 10 due to no heartbeat.

can I just randomly ask if anyone been to toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and quebec? Any itinerary or food places to share?I'm planning to go in 2 weeks to recharge and hopefully start over again.
Hope you r feeling well buns! Big hugs.

hope u are feeling better already. those places u wanna go very far, I haven't been there.
good to go and recharge, did u do a mini confinement?

actually we will nv be ready de lah... just have to go with the flow and things eventually will fall in place. I rem for my #1 i had no milk n was so stressed. somemore my family got 3 of us giving birth 1 month after another n whenever the 2 other mummies talk about milk i will cry. my 1 whole day supply is not even enough for my girl's 1 feed. i was falling into depression.... then just 1 day out of a sudden, i just snapped out of it and stopped stressing.. feed fm feed fm loh... n i felt so much happier and enjoy the bonding with my girl.

my birth story was quite scary oso. i was induced cos my water running low... then after 2 pills and drip and 28 hours later still cannot dilate (only 4cm). Best part, epidural doesnt work, it was administered slanted so only 1 side painless and after a while the pain just took over entire body.... bb heartbeat dropping so finally went for emergency csec GA.

But upon seeing my girl, all pain forgetten hahahah

I am with dr kt tan at private suite. nice lady with little words...

Hi by which week can we measure the baby's heartbeat? my scan last week was my first scan to confirm the pregnancy, and gynae said cannot count but we could see the movement on the ultrasound screen - the beating heart!

My next scan is the 8 week scan and I would like to check the heartbeat rate. Do we need a special machine for that?

U can c heartbeat as early as wk6... some wait till wk8.. gynae sld hv de machine. U wan to hear it instead of jus seeing de flicker? Sm say de machine not so gd for bb.. so gynae dun always on it.

Beanie is strong n steady quoted by my gynae. He says it is very deep in my womb n heartbeat very steady at 180bpm. :)
I m 8wk2d so we r very very close :)
All the best to ur visit tmr, all will be well...keep us updated :)
This is such a good and assuring update. I also saw my Gynae at kkh today. Unfortunately, all I got was: 'okie, I see the baby and the heartbeat'. Congratulations! And that was it. And edd got shifted backwards so I also 8w4d now.

This is such a good and assuring update. I also saw my Gynae at kkh today. Unfortunately, all I got was: 'okie, I see the baby and the heartbeat'. Congratulations! And that was it. And edd got shifted backwards so I also 8w4d now.
circle who is ur gynae? Well my appt,today is,not satisfying. D scan chop chop done. But thanfully beanie doing well. Saw heartbeat for a sec....poor dh missed tat part...he was in a daze...gynae also very rigid. Said I had right ovarian cyst.@ 4.9cm. She say tat over 5cm is a concern so if it grows hav to do surgery in wk 15. If it shrink n grow later den cannot detect as womb will too large n block d ovaries so cannot monitor. Possible for rupture n if tat happen will b emergency case. Said need to monitor a month later to decide wat to do. D risk after surgery nvr say...says we will talk abt it if it happens. So left d clinic with lots of confusion. She spoke like as a matter of fact...no comfort zone wif her. I had to google it to get some assurance tat it is a common problem n possible tat rapture also still ok. Of course got certain possibility of risks involved at least can say it is VERY serious thing, juz a possible thing to become serious, tats all. She tells minimum facts n we had to probe d gynae wif more questions, half answered half hidden, saying no need to know now...hmm I n hubby decided will seek 2nd opinion frm another gynae (mayb see my original private gynae or my mom's private gynae) after consulting wif our parents. D thing im angry abt is I have to seek comfort n assurance frm google rather than my gynae...sigh...so in ur opinion is an ovarian cyst something I should worry about?

I am at 9.7 wks n my edd brought forward frm 17 Nov to 13 Nov.....

circle who is ur gynae? Well my appt,today is,not satisfying. D scan chop chop done. But thanfully beanie doing well. Saw heartbeat for a sec....poor dh missed tat part...he was in a daze...gynae also very rigid. Said I had right ovarian cyst.@ 4.9cm. She say tat over 5cm is a concern so if it grows hav to do surgery in wk 15. If it shrink n grow later den cannot detect as womb will too large n block d ovaries so cannot monitor. Possible for rupture n if tat happen will b emergency case. Said need to monitor a month later to decide wat to do. D risk after surgery nvr say...says we will talk abt it if it happens. So left d clinic with lots of confusion. She spoke like as a matter of fact...no comfort zone wif her. I had to google it to get some assurance tat it is a common problem n possible tat rapture also still ok. Of course got certain possibility of risks involved at least can say it is VERY serious thing, juz a possible thing to become serious, tats all. She tells minimum facts n we had to probe d gynae wif more questions, half answered half hidden, saying no need to know now...hmm I n hubby decided will seek 2nd opinion frm another gynae (mayb see my original private gynae or my mom's private gynae) after consulting wif our parents. D thing im angry abt is I have to seek comfort n assurance frm google rather than my gynae...sigh...so in ur opinion is an ovarian cyst something I should worry about?

Hi reenmeen, I am with tan hh. Male gynae. He started later. 245pm then start seeing 2pm appointment patients. So I guess he was trying to chop chop.

I don't know that much about ovarian cyst. But I remember some other forum sisters saying that it might disappear on its own. Hope that is the case for u.

I think edd bring forward is good. At least beanie is growing faster than expected. Mine is opposite, got shifted back so I feel more worried.

Oh that's not very assuring. I think u shd seek 2nd opinion. It's very impt to feel comfy and SAFE with the Gynae who may be delivering ur baby or operating on u. And it sounds scary enough to have to have a surgery during pregnancy. Pls take care. I'm sorry I don't has much experience with ovarian cysts so can't comment much.

But I support u all the way to see anther Gynae.

Hugs... do take care of urself.. can start again soon.. heard get preg easily after miscarriage.

I guess prob ur gynae didnt want u to worry so much that's y didnt wanna say too much? Meanwhile, u can always seek 2nd opinion to see what otyer gynae advise.

Actually my gynae also chop chop type. Each consultation prob 5mins? Lol..

Hi reenmeen, I am with tan hh. Male gynae. He started later. 245pm then start seeing 2pm appointment patients. So I guess he was trying to chop chop.

I don't know that much about ovarian cyst. But I remember some other forum sisters saying that it might disappear on its own. Hope that is the case for u.

I think edd bring forward is good. At least beanie is growing faster than expected. Mine is opposite, got shifted back so I feel more worried.
don't worry so much...i have seen my cousins delivery date shift back n forward constantly for every scan they go to.....so don't be too concerned abt d date. As long baby is healthy den everything is gd :)

Hi buns, so sorry, missed your post while scrolling. So sorry to hear this. Please rest well and come back stronger. Take extra good care of yourself and hope you bfp very soon again.

Enjoy ur trip!

Take care and have a good trip!

If u are going to Quebec, check out Rue Du Tresor, a quintessential small winding art street filled with lots of interesting and fascinating galleries, craft shop etc.. sometimes, once per month, some artsy event will be held there. U can check with your hotel the date, time of such event if u r keen.

I also agreed, please do consult a second opinion and very important to consult a gyne you are comfortable with. Doc google always end up giving us too much information for our own good. I am lucky to find a female gyne which I truly like, even if she is far far away haha

Hey girl.. gynae told me that I have a cyst behind my womb when I went for my week 6 scan. I'm not sure about the size of it because my main concern was baby due to my spotting previously. Nonetheless, gynae told me that he can only continue to monitor the size. But many times, cysts come and go naturally.

Continue to remind gynae about your cyst during each visit and remember to note the size down urself for reference. I'll be returning to my gynae next week so I guess I'll be asking him more on my cyst. Do u need me to verify any queries?

Hey girl.. gynae told me that I have a cyst behind my womb when I went for my week 6 scan. I'm not sure about the size of it because my main concern was baby due to my spotting previously. Nonetheless, gynae told me that he can only continue to monitor the size. But many times, cysts come and go naturally.

Continue to remind gynae about your cyst during each visit and remember to note the size down urself for reference. I'll be returning to my gynae next week so I guess I'll be asking him more on my cyst. Do u need me to verify any queries?
Thanks for d info Janine. It is juz that I'm already in wk 9 n my cyst is abt size of 4.9cm. If it grows any bigger, then gynae said it is a concern. I know nothing can be done abt it. It is thr n nothing can be done. It is juz tat if d gynae told comforted us tat cyst is a common problem n most of d time it usually shrinks n if she assured us not to worry so much abt it we will monitor d cyst again in d next coming appt, I would have felt better. Given such a problem, is it ok to give d nxt appt a month later (I feel d wait is too long. Usually wen a prob occurs in pregnancy, d gynae for this ladies I knew, will go for appt within a week or 2 to monitor their progress...so tat is also one of my concern. Thanks anyway Janine.

Thanks for d info Janine. It is juz that I'm already in wk 9 n my cyst is abt size of 4.9cm. If it grows any bigger, then gynae said it is a concern. I know nothing can be done abt it. It is thr n nothing can be done. It is juz tat if d gynae told comforted us tat cyst is a common problem n most of d time it usually shrinks n if she assured us not to worry so much abt it we will monitor d cyst again in d next coming appt, I would have felt better. Given such a problem, is it ok to give d nxt appt a month later (I feel d wait is too long. Usually wen a prob occurs in pregnancy, d gynae for this ladies I knew, will go for appt within a week or 2 to monitor their progress...so tat is also one of my concern. Thanks anyway Janine.
Understand ur concerns babe. Ya she shd have been a little more assuring. Just go with ur feel. One mth later I also feel a little long esp when she say until like so serious. Like Janie says shd be common just that ur Gynae didn't express that to u.

If u want seek 2nd opinion go soon k. Don't wait.

Back