(2013/11) November 2013

Xian1304: i also think very mean for your company to ask u to only take 8 weeks! ur own baby is more impt.. if it's me i will not go back to work juz after 8 weeks.. sometimes they are juz afraid of additional workload and doenst care about ur family welfare de..

flogal> there is no brown discharge..quite scary to know i am already having contractions! i am only at week 33.. :(

mumagain> can you please send me the PD list too? tks!

xian1304> is there no way that you can negotiate with ur boss? 8 weeks of ML is too little and v disruptive..esp when it comes to breastfeeding..

SN, u gg for sooooo long break!! My edd is 24 Nov.. starting ML on 18 Nov but i returining on 1 April 2014 including clearing my AL. U started early and end late.. envy! Evil you.... i dun wan to gain another 4kg within a mth... else i will b "nagged" by my gyne again.. I planning a high tea buffet w my gf before birth....i shall eat more towards e end of e preg, else later confinment, i shall cannot tahan sia!

Ya, looks like u n winkle r the most free now lo. Everyone now trying to clear as much work as possible before we go for ML. Company nv hire temp staff.. jus pass e work to my coll...

Xuan, have you called first skool? Did u call them check on e vacancy?

littleprince, if mumagain send you e pd list, can forward me a copy as well? thanks!

gwenngan, ya recently alot of childcare/infant care news man. Jus pray hard that our little ones wont get injured. Who noes in the end i might ask my mum to resign for e sake of bb if bb dun like IFC. Play by ears ba..

Tracey in fb given birth!! Her process is damn fast lo!!! How i wish i oso e same... but within 1 hr is really break e record sia. Imagine if my gyne havent reach, who is gg to catch e bb?

Wah so many postings over the last 2hrs!

Pinky, during #1's time, I took 4 mths npl, so i only went back to work when my son was almost 9 mths old. This time round I didnt really want to take npl, but felt that it might be unfair to #2 and also when i went back to work that time, my milk supply dropped by half. so scared that i wont be able to breastfeed #2 till 6 mths, so decided just be on leave till she is 6 mths old loh hehe.

I have to start my 5-day course of antibiotics from today till 15 Oct due to my history of strep b during #1's time. Although this time is C-sect, gynae is playing safe, in case my water bag breaks before 16 Oct. so gotta take the antibiotics just in case of strep b. aiyoh, i dunno if im "allergic" to augmentin or it's psychological, cos i felt like puking after taking it this morning. It reminded me of my 1st trimester days when i had fever and had to take augmentin and after 30min, straight away will puke, that's why had to admit to hospital for IV antibiotics. I tried my best not to vomit just now.....good thing i could still stomach my Swensens lunch and sticky chew chocolate hehe :p but it's so sian that for my last final 5 days, i will have to battle with nausea cos of Augmentin! :mad:

Litprince, wah.....so tough to return to work after only 6 weeks! actually, i find that it might be easier to go back to work earlier than later, cos the longer you stay at home, the greater the inertia to go back to work. but 6 weeks really a bit too short, weight also havent lose yet. hahaha.

Xu4n, yes, im also in Oct FB group. One of my #1 thread mommy created the Oct FB group very early on (think was in March) and added me before i even started contributing to the forum. quite confusing to read both Oct FB and Nov FB. that's y i still prefer posting on Nov forum. haha. easier to read and track. Now Oct FB is all about different mommies popping.....i lost track already!

Gwen, I sent my #1 to IFC only when he was 1 yo. I actually dun mind sending earlier but my hb thinks the baby is too fragile. No offence towards NTUC or PAP IFCs, but recently abuse cases are all NTUC and PAP cases. if you can afford, you might want to consider the private IFCs instead, cos i think they probably have more budget to employ better teachers (cos they pass the costs back to the parents through higher school fees) and you will also have a better peace of mind.

wah Febie, i think you are a greater chocolate monster than me. hahahaha. one mountain higher than the other!

flogal, yea i think employers will be very scared of hiring females if maternity leave is 6 mths. hehehe. but really lor, if want to improve birth rate and encourage breastfeeding for first 6 mths, increasing maternity leave will be a big incentive! :)

gelobean, rest well and dun worry too much, week 33 also very safe to deliver le. Just take one day at a time.

Hullo so many posts today! I'm on leave hence nua-ing around. Hahah.

Re: my colleagues
The area I work in is very specialized. My boss likes to work with people with higher degree cos our area does need that type of in depth knowledge. But some of my colleagues are very young. U can't expect them to have Masters or PhD. Anyway I'm left with 7 more workin days before my c-sec cos I gotta clear all my leave before my ML. I m also working to the day I pop. I feel I need the time more after I deliver than before it!

Gelobean, so did ur gynae give u meds? BH is very common. So long as u don't feel any pain, it shd be ok. Trust me u will def know when u are in labour.

Febie, Little Prince, SN, ^5! I'm a sugar freak! My colleagues have a standing joke to order bubble tea at 150% sugar level for me.

since so many asking. I post here la.... hope it's not breaking the forum rules :D

PD list.JPG

SN,
Elc mega sales at united sq ended last sun. They are now having 30% off happyland range and 20% off rosebud range at all ELC stores.
Mothercare having sales for members.

Gelobean,
Pls rest well while u can. Dun worry, can always fatten baby up with ur bm when baby arrives. Some babies just dun seem to absorb as well in the womb as compared to when they are out.

Winkle,
I worked till i pop for my #1 and #2. I loop in my backup (and boss for the impt/urgents one) for all emails corresponds and when i pop, they just take over. I dun have to chk/reply any mails till i was back to wk aft ml. So i dun have prob wking till i pop.

SN,
Elc mega sales at united sq ended last sun. They are now having 30% off happyland range and 20% off rosebud range at all ELC stores.
Mothercare having sales for members.

Gelobean,
Pls rest well while u can. Dun worry, can always fatten baby up with ur bm when baby arrives. Some babies just dun seem to absorb as well in the womb as compared to when they are out.

Winkle,
I worked till i pop for my #1 and #2. I loop in my backup (and boss for the impt/urgents one) for all emails corresponds and when i pop, they just take over. I dun have to chk/reply any mails till i was back to wk aft ml. So i dun have prob wking till i pop.
my coll's direct boss is very bad one.. she's a german lady.. donno married anot.. my coll wanted to take 2 weeks early before she pops..her boss don approve.. altho backup was already here for 1 mth... office doing reno that time..so paint smell and glue smell were so strong that management asked all preggies to work from home.. her boss also disapprove!

Val, I was so tempted to buy happyland a few times. I was looking at the school set, castle set and something else. I was at ELC a few times and even asked for the catalogue. In the end, didnt buy any (my hb said the shop prob blacklist me already cos i went in so many times and didnt buy any haha) cos I don't know if my son will enjoy playing with it and it takes up space and it's very expensive! Now that there's 30% im tempted all over again. But he is 2.5yrs old now, dunno if it is still relevant for him?

Fuzzybear, im a chocolate addict not a a sugar addict! I drink my bbt at 25% sugar! even my soyabean milk is only 25% sugar. haha.

totorodino> tks! i asked doc and he said lungs might not be developed..week 35 onwards should be safe though.. :)

fuzzybear> yeap, he gave me nifedipine to relax the uterus and the contractions..hopefully it works!

felval> yeap, tks! i am taking it as it comes lor..every day gained is a day worth being happy abt! hee..

mumagain> tks for sharing on the PD list!

totorodino> r u alright? my SIL is also diagnosed with Strep B and she mentioned that she will be on antibiotics drip when she delivers just in case..is ur doc doing the same too?

re: chocolates, i went down to NTUC to grab a bag of Timeout after reading the forum thread! hahaha..this is bad! lol..

pinky: nope mfs din call me again le, they mentioned will only call me when it's closer to the date that i want to put bb to their ifc. as per wat the person told me the other time, i dun think there will be any issues with vacancies in the sch tt i registered with.

SN: can help to add my friend to the oct fb group? she's due in oct but now then read forum, think most are active in fb le so nobody added her in. haha..

RE: chocolates & sweet stuff
i've been eating chocs n ice cream alot during the whole of pregnancy... fattening lah but i just use preggy cravings as excuse. haha.. there was a period of time when i will eat 1 mars/ crunchie bar every day as afternoon snack after my lunch. felt so guilty, so after tt i bought those fun size 1s n limit myself to eat not more than 1 fun size choc bar a day. tho sometimes i will eat 2 lah... hahaha... =P

Last edited:
Is this chocolate day or what? I had nutella with bread this morning.. and milo.. now you girls are making me crave for more! *eyes chocolate pocky originally bought for #1 on dining table*

SN,
Ya. Elc sales is worth going else its so ex during non sales period. 2.5yrs le may nt have long mileage for the happyland BUT coz u having another so there is still mileage! Hahaha. So, can buy =P
Too bad toyrus do nt have lego sales this yr else i always chiong for tt. Will wait for metro 20% storewide to get legos for my kids.

Gelobean,
35w i think u may still need to take jabs to strength baby's lungs. 37w onwards is consider "safe".
Yes. I think ur mental state also v impt. Try to keep relax and calm ya =) jia you!

all the sweet-tooth mummies appear...
think we can plan dessert buffet if there's nice one ard.... hahaha...

SN, same same leh... I can take chocolate etc but when comes to bubble tea and soya bean drink, I take 0% sugar or maximum 25%...
usually with grassjelly milk tea, I go sugarless... but chocolate, I can go on non stop...
and I cant do this during #1 time cos got GD... hahaha...
now still safe, can just keep on going... :p

Hihi mummies, very long nvr login to forum liao. have to reset password and all that

today also my last working day. Handover all done liao, so surfing net in office and counting down to 5:30! I feel so tired that I take 3 weeks earlier from my EDD (4 Nov 2013). My #1 popped 2 weeks earlier, hoping it will be the same for #2 ^^

Thinking about the delivery process make me very scared.

SN - U make me feel like eating amos cookies too!!

xu4n, haha ok, i try. i havent been successfully adding people who are not already in my list of friends in the FB group. think must use computer to add and cannot add via hp right? wow, 1 mars bar a day! haha. but fun size really very small leh. i can eat two per day.

I love starbucks signature hot chocolate but i dun like caramel. hehe.

gelobean, during #1's time, my gynae prescribed oral antibiotics in 1st trimester to clear up the strep b first. Then during final trimester there is another course of oral antiobiotics that is prescribed "just in case" cos actually my second swap test already came back all clear. I find it very risky to wait for the delivery day to administer IV antiobiotics cos if you have a very short labour like in Tracey's case, then there's no time to give antibiotics drip already. And apparently, if water bag breaks, the risk of infection is already there even if you havent deliver the baby yet. This time round although it's C-sect, gynae is giving me a course or oral antibiotics in case my water bag breaks before the scheduled date loh.

val, what else is good to buy at ELC? I find their toys sooooooo pretty that i wanna play with them myself! Thinking of what gift to buy for #1 so can give him on 16 Oct leh.

My fav:
Starbucks - signature hot choc
coffee bean - ultimate ice blended
Koi - icecream milk tea
gongcha - milk tea with 3Js

LOL!!!! all of which I havent drank for 9 mths (except signature hot choc hehe)

febie - ya lor, bbt by itself is very sweet liao....think it's the grass jelly or the milk. haha. so anything more than 25%, i will find it too sweet. hehe.

SN: ya i think adding via email can only do thru computer.. no rush, when u have access to computer fb then add lor.. haha.. i PM u my friend's email k? thanks lots lots!

ya fun size very small, but feel less guilty lah. haha... sometimes i will find "reasons" to eat 2. eg, monday got blues so eat 2, or fri tgif so eat 2. hahaha...

wah u can control not drinking ur favs for 9mths!! i've been having alot of koi bubble tea, n occasional java chip. kekeke... i share with hub but always take huge sips. lol.. =P

sheepsdream - me too! mixed feeling abt bb out early and carry her till week 40. in any case most impt is bb is healthy, so praying hard after 37 weeks.

after looking at all the chocolate chocolate.. i suddenly craving for koi!!! but i just had it two days ago.. and my hub just bought me grass jelly drink.. dun think he will let me drink somemore.. must at least tahan till weekend dan can neg for another round of koi... wonder how i going to pass thru the 1 month confinement with no koi...

I just had Koi's ice cream milk tea. Hahaha. No appetite for other things. Just craving for sweet stuff.

SN, I love sugar. I only take milk chocolate and not dark choc. Cos dark choc not sweet enough!! Hahaha.

Val, eeeei now I feel like gg shopping. Still haven't buy present for #1. Zzzzz. Need to stock up on Christmas presents too

Hrmm I have no replacement at all. My cols are all very worried cos we all hold responsibility in different but very specialized areas. Anyway not my prob. I won't check emails during my ML! I barely have time to slp!!

I still craving for water melon. I ate 1 whole big melon by myself in 4 nights. Hahaha that's the only thing I can stomach!

all the cravings all coming out....
hahaha...
I think as long as we manage to stomach stuff we like shouldn't have any prob...
I think as long as I dun take hot drinks, i'm free from heartburn...
but I cant accept cold soup leh...

fuzzybear, ice-cream is ald sweet and you still have 100% sugar level?
hehehee... u really power...
I rem your schedule C-sec is in Nov right? or end of OCt?

3xmum, cant access to internet can be quite a pain in the arse during era like now...
If I have something to keep me occupy i'm ok....

hihi.. finally can log in here again. past few weeks have been busy with handovers, work and meetings. today is my last day too and going to start my leave soon. Actually a lot of people envy me but frankly speaking i'm not that excited leh. coz its not like i can relax and do nothing. i will need to face my gal the whole day! ok la i take it as a chance to spend more time with her but what i meant is, i still wont have time of my own to do what i want.

Yup Febie, 100% sugar with ice cream milk tea. It's diff mah. Ice cream is ice cream. Tea is tea. I need it to be sweet!! Else might as well don't drink. Wahahaha

But really lor this pregnancy is making crave for things I don't usually eat. I dislike coconut milk desserts but I keep wanting to eat some now. Also craving for Tomyum almost daily!!

fuzzybear, hahaha... I dislike coconut milk desserts too and only one I can swallow is coconut jelly and pulut hitam for this pregnancy...
wow craving for tom yum daily??
I only took tom yum twice, no opportunity to go eat leh...
and the food I hate most is dining at my mil pl...
nothing that I like too... she dun even bother to ask if I have cravings etc... (actually, she dun ask her only grandson in sg tooo)
my boy and me always took 3spoonful of rice at her place lor...
and we will snack the moment we reach hm...

i tried icecream milk tea with 0% sugar and it tasted quite horrible. I think bare minimum is 25% sugar even for icecream milk tea. hahaha. we all sound like some bbt / chocolate connoisseur like that.

febie, my mil's cooking is actually pretty good and my hb always complain about my mom's cooking instead. but i told him off that at least my mom doesnt serve grass jelly and pineapple during pregnancy! aiyah, dun like to talk about mil, this topic always make me pissed. haha.

kayliz, my colleagues also envying me that it's my last day. but i dun feel very relax or excited also loh. The sleepless nights are gg to start all over again and the 3hrly pumping schedule........ this time round got to handle two kids instead of just 1 newborn.

xu4n, yea i can control not drinking tea, coffee, bbt, so long as i can still eat my chocolates lar. BBT is because of the caffeine and also because of the controversial reports on the pearls being carcinogens, so i rather not drink while pregnant lor. Actually hor, i think i might just drink during confinement haha. cos i dun really believe in all the confinement myths.....maybe i will be a good girl for the first 3 weeks...then final week can let go and drink/ eat some of fav stuff liao. I miss cokeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

haha i drink coke too! share with hub lah.... =P

argh i cant decide if i shld request to take leave on the coming mon anot... prefer to clear it closer to my edd but risky cos if i deliver early my leave will be forfeited.

yho: my work cannot do from home 1.. cos all P&C things... hmm but this has nothing to do with workign from home lah.. it's just me being indecisive on whether i shld take leave anot. haha..

wow totorodino, you very gd! can ctrl not to drink tea. i need daily dose of teh siow dai, i do feel a bit guilty so i drink 3/4 cup or 1/2 cup sometimes hahah

Wah I see chocolate, caramel, pocky, Tom yum, bbt, chocolate, coke! I contribute decaf ice blended mocha haha!

Today gynae told me #2 could come a few days earlier than #1. #1 arrived at 39w4d, so that means #2 could arrive at 39w, which is about two weeks time for me! Panic mode today, went shopping at robinsons after all. So tired out now. Still so many things not done, like haven't packed my hospital bag oops!

Fuzzybear, you're right about the u/s machines being unable to scan accurately as bb grows bigger. Last visit variance at+/-334g, today at +/-418g. So my bb can be S size to L size right now lol.

Flogal, it's ok, I drink half cup teh everyday. Ytd one full cup cos too tired.

i drink tea too, though i usually drink half cup during pregnancy, and occasionally. i'm a tea lover.... so cannot live without tea for too long lol.

my ex boss was shocked when she knew i still drink tea coz ideally we shouldn't but so ling as we dont over drink it its ok.

anyone knows what's Tracy's nick in SM? i can't rem who is who.

SN, when i returned to work during #1's 6 weeks old, i could wear half of my normal working clothes le. this time ... hehe, i don't know! and #1 slept throughout the night from the first day i returned to work, last milk feed at midnight and next milk feed at 6am!

fuzzybear, my bubble tea all 0% sugar wan ... hahaha .. and i only drink plum green tea, no pearls. my staffs used to say i am wasting the joy of drinking bubble tea. :p

Hubby was tasked to buy a slice of choc cake for me. NOT a good idea. Reminds me of the time I asked him to buy Chinese spinach and he came back with baby spinach meant for salad.

Hubby was tasked to buy a slice of choc cake for me. NOT a good idea. Reminds me of the time I asked him to buy Chinese spinach and he came back with baby spinach meant for salad.

Lol... Looks like ur hub and my could be best friend.

Hi all, been MIA for a long time. Always being kicked out here. Finally got in by registering. Pls add me in FB. So not user friendly here, prefer to use FB. My FB: [email protected] Am looking forward to be added, Thanks

Hi, I delivered in feb this year and are selling away the following items cheaply To clear space , used for less than 3 months all

1. My brestfriend nursing pillow2. Fisher price wonder ocean kick n play gym3. Fsher price Soothing rocker 4. Musical mobile for playpen, cotsAll are First hand and bought brand new from retailers. Pls pm me if keen.

Morning mummies! We been thru another week! horray!

A raining morning...wat a good day to sleep in. Who is on leave today since tml is PH. Dont mentioned our 2 mummies, SN & winkle who are aldy in ML le.. keke..

Hello 2 Jmum & Joycelyn & Clavalhai! Welcome here!

Ankh, i noe what u mean. Think man r not tasked to do marketing stuff... My coll even snap e photo for her hubby to go supermarket buy e food, ended up got e wrong thing as well. haha..even w a photo!

Xuan, high 5! I love java chip!! My fav starbuck drinks r blended java chips & green tea! SLURP!

littleprince, dunno what tracy nick in here.... Your boy v li hai lei.... can sleep thru out e whole night?! Btw, talking abt e newborn sleeping pattern, i read that if bb slept thru out e night, then let him sleep. But some ppl said, muz wake him up during midnight even he is soundly asleep cos they may b dehydrated. So is better to wake bb up or let bb sleep thru out e night??

I super love KOI bubble tea... Any thing w milkkk.... Hazelnut milk tea is my fav! But i havent drink tt ever since i gt preg! I drank Gong Cha last mth cos i couldnt find KOI and i was craving for bubble tea! But ended up so upset cos i dun like gong cha. =(

I finally step into swimming pool!! I managed to squeeze into my old swimming suit (2 pcs) althou my pants is abit tight. Jus walk ard e pool and swim abit. Public pool is so crowded w kids. i oso scare scare. I felt so light inside e pool. The moment i step out of the pool, the weight increase by 10 times!! haha.. cant even walk still.. lol... Hope can aid to quick delivery thou is abit late to start the exercise...

SN, count down to your D day!!!

Gd morning! nice weather to slp in. I m guessing a lot of moms are on leave today! traffic was so clear despite the rain!

Wah sey, Sei's waterbag might have burst! so exciting.. hopes she gets to the doctor's in time cos of her complicated case.

Last night, while having dinner with the inlaws, i was having BH at 6-7 mins interval.. i couldn't eat at all cos it was painful. went home and monitor and yes they were coming very frequently coupled with intense backache. i think my inlaws are giving me stress lor, cos once they left and i ate my meds, it subsided though the backache was lingering.. My body felt like i went through a marathon.. everywhere aching.. sigh.. I m not ready for baby's arrival!

Then i think because of the pain, i dreamt that i lost my bb! but i still can feel my bb move inside me.. wah lao so depressing..

Also getting bad acid reflux that is giving me gastric pain! puking too.. sigh..

Ankh, what choc cake did ur hb get?? i have to say a choc cake is a choc cake is a choc cake to men! they can't tell the diff!

Little Prince, 0% sugar? waste ur bbt leh! wahahahah... how u drink something with 0% sugar? my usual tea with milk also with extra sugar!

Back