(2013/11) November 2013

hello mommies!

This morning went for my last gynae check up before delivery. Feeling sad......im gg to miss my doctor and his nurses! I had the same feeling after i delivered #1. I don't think i will have a #3 and i wont have a #3 just to see my doctor and his nurses again. LOL.

I gained about 200g in 2 weeks and baby gained about 250g but still considered smaller by two weeks. maybe placenta not doing a good job but anyway, she will be out next week.

Now munching on famous amos cookies.

totorodino
hello mommies!

This morning went for my last gynae check up before delivery. Feeling sad......im gg to miss my doctor and his nurses! I had the same feeling after i delivered #1. I don't think i will have a #3 and i wont have a #3 just to see my doctor and his nurses again. LOL.

I gained about 200g in 2 weeks and baby gained about 250g but still considered smaller by two weeks. maybe placenta not doing a good job but anyway, she will be out next week.

Now munching on famous amos cookies.

How heavy is your bb now? :)

My turn to be hormonal.. just had a big argument with my subordinate.. well he acts like he is my boss instead! ordered me around to do work. he even sent me an email saying "as the boss, you should...." WTF?! our boss heard everything and as usual, sided him again. ARGH! my boss likes this guy very much to the point of scolding me in front of him, even though it wasn't my fault. she later admitted that the problem might be him and not me!!

Winkle, glad u are still around. Are u on HL? tell baby to be guai to stay inside.

Yunzz, depends on your company. Though MOM never say anything abt not being able to have HL post 36 wks, it really depends on your company. not saying anything (or in legal term 'staying silence') doesn't mean it is ok.. neither does it mean that is not ok.. they rather leave it open for interpretation. u can ask your company if they accept HL before ML.

Val, woah, u still have a lot of things to do.. i m exactly 21 days away from my c-sec.. haven't wash a single item either! haven't pack hospital bag also.. i have been feeling more painful contractions but irregular timing.. in fact i was so mad at my subordinate this morning that my contractions were 10mins apart.. thank goodness it has since stopped.

Re: $15 RFID tag
yah just bury it in the hospital pkg lah.. nobody will see it and make noise.. after all every yr the maternity pkgs increase in price.. i m sure they can hide that $15 somewhere.

Wah.. i think he don't want to live liao.. say this kind of thing to you.. how come your boss like him so much?

mumagain, yes pls! can whatsapp the list to me ! thks!

fuzzybear, is this guy going to cover your work when you are on ML? if yes, then time will tell if he is good. don't get angry over this kind of person.

SN, you so cute leh, first time i hear ppl feeling sad that won't see gynae and nurse again. :p am looking forward to see your baby soon!

hello mummies...

Fuzzybear, your boss is a lady huh?? got feel for your subordinate? she nv give you the due respect, how can your subordinate respect you?

Val, hope your bb be good and arrive only on EDD... at least dun arrive early...
I keep talkin to #2 now too to only arrive on 28 Nov...
but everytime my #1 talks to him, he will end with see you soon... hahahaha...

wrinkle, have a good rest while waiting....
Thanks Febie.. yaa i do have lots of wrinkles...lolz!! :D:rolleyes:

arissa, my baby is 2.417kg at 36w 5days today.

winkle, i realised that i also accidentally called your wrinkle on FB! hahaah!

ankh........ yea, famous amos cookies to allevate my sadness. hahahaa.

litprince, i think fuzzybear will also miss her gynae. she says she loves her gynae to bits. hahaha.

totorodino: izit?!?! hahaha.. i didnt realise! ... i also didnt realise i called fuzzybear as fussybear ahahha...

SN, serious ah, eat the cookies to alleviate sadness over your gynae? And I thought u having craving! Aiya, most important your baby still growing. It's when baby not growing then I think all gynaes anxious to get the baby out. Good, your baby still has time to go past 2.5kg. My friend's baby came out 2.4+kg, discharged at 2.5kg. Best was bf until bui bui.

Fuzzybear, calmer now? Your contractions like stock market leh, up down up down I read also kan cheong.

ankh, LOL, i exaggerate a bit lar. I do have craving for famous amos cookies. hahahahah. And I'm also feeling sad cos the days of interrupted sleep is going to start and then whenever i see my #1, i have this feeling of guilt that he's not going to be the only child anymore. weird hor? so im feeling quite unprepared that it's less than 1 week away........ so gotta drown my feelings in eating cookies. hahaha.

sorry winkle... after lunch sleepy lah...

SN you reminded me of my famous amos cookies... brought it to office today too...
hehehehe... time to munch... :p
I feel sad too after going back for check up after birth...
sculy my gynae schedule me to go back for pap smear yearly, so I still get to see her...
dun worry lah... think your bb will still put on more weight... the scan might not be accurate too... :)

i am stressed at work ... since 12pm till now, i have eaten a bowl of laksa, a glass of barley, a third bar of chocolate, and a pack of putu piring while trying to clear my list of to-dos for today. :confused:

a third bar of chocolate?! which type of chocolate is that? don't have diminishing marginal returns meh? hahaha. im a chocolate lover, but after the 3rd square of dark chocolate, i will feel overdosed liao.

ankh, LOL, i exaggerate a bit lar. I do have craving for famous amos cookies. hahahahah. And I'm also feeling sad cos the days of interrupted sleep is going to start and then whenever i see my #1, i have this feeling of guilt that he's not going to be the only child anymore. weird hor? so im feeling quite unprepared that it's less than 1 week away........ so gotta drown my feelings in eating cookies. hahaha.
Totorodino: having siblings is good de i feel..coz im an only child.... i dont want my kid to go through what i've been through lor.. very lonely lor... if can i'll have at least 2..hehehe.. so no need to be guilty la.. now i need to be fully responsible for my parents lor..no siblings to share :(...

wah talking abt me ah!!! hahaha ya lor Winkle called me Fussybear.. i was still telling her since when i became Fussybear and she said she is so used to calling me Fussybear!! hahahaha..

Febie, Little Prince, Arissa, Ankh, i m still hopping mad.. my boss nv liked me.. partly cos my big bosses know i m more capable than her. I know i m technically more competent, i m more knowledgeable (i'm not bragging, its the truth). perhaps she feels threatened. plus our work ethics is very different. i m the type who would tell my bosses off if they are wrong but she is the 'yes-sir' kind of person. what big boss says means need to do, cannot disagree and she doesn't have a mind of her own lor. I told her off a few times already.. plus i m super blunt.. to me i m addressing the problem but she thinks i m personally attacking her. sometimes i dun even realised i have hurt her.. i m trying to be more aware of what i say lor. Anyway she likes this guy because he is completely opposite of me.. nv argue with her type.. not like me lor. haizzz. she loves being in control to the point she makes comments like "i can't work with so and so, so i dun want that person in my team. Can transfer the person out?" she also looks down on people with basic bachelor degree.. said they are too junior and not technically competent to work with her!

Little Prince, 3rd bar of choc??! OMG! i hope its those small ones and not those huge slabs! was telling SN we are so near our due date, just eat whatever we want now.. hehehehe..

SN, yes i will miss my gynae cos he is so nice! but i won't miss his pricing.. so ex!

If you gals can afford to have more kids, please do.. there are certain things money can't buy and having kids really fulfill a part that money can't. :)

I see the ZZ!!

Actually as u get heavier, and bb gets lower, it will be harder to measure the weight accurately.. like Fleefly's case, it was a drastic drop. just eat as much as u can.. some of it will go to bb i m sure!

abt 3kg would be easy to manage.. not so fragile.. u shd be loading up on beef and durians!

That's what I heard! I have been trying to eat a lot of beef and durians! Durians super hiong! Though I think my gynae's measurements are not very accurate, bb heaped on from 1.2 kg last month to 2.5 kg this month!

fleefly, i think so too! I went to do some research, 61cm seemed improbable la. I think I will ask her again next visit 2 weeks later.

yaa Fuzzybear...i did it on purpose..muahahaha..
Gwenngan: ya i think 61cm very loooong..... can be NBA player already next time!

Febie, Little Prince, Arissa, Ankh, i m still hopping mad.. my boss nv liked me.. partly cos my big bosses know i m more capable than her. I know i m technically more competent, i m more knowledgeable (i'm not bragging, its the truth). perhaps she feels threatened. plus our work ethics is very different. i m the type who would tell my bosses off if they are wrong but she is the 'yes-sir' kind of person. what big boss says means need to do, cannot disagree and she doesn't have a mind of her own lor. I told her off a few times already.. plus i m super blunt.. to me i m addressing the problem but she thinks i m personally attacking her. sometimes i dun even realised i have hurt her.. i m trying to be more aware of what i say lor. Anyway she likes this guy because he is completely opposite of me.. nv argue with her type.. not like me lor. haizzz. she loves being in control to the point she makes comments like "i can't work with so and so, so i dun want that person in my team. Can transfer the person out?" she also looks down on people with basic bachelor degree.. said they are too junior and not technically competent to work with her! :)

Fuzzybear, yucks! I hate this type of bosses. They will yes yes yes, then they will delegate the job to you! Hate it!

Anyway. anyone bought the "Gems of Gleneagles" receiving blanket from the hospital before? I feel like getting one for bb's remembrance. In the first place, do they even sell?

winkle, i come from a family of 3 kids...i do like having siblings lar. just that i think the kids only appreciate having siblings when they grow older. right now, they just want daddy and mommy all to themselves.

oh, so winkle's baby about the same weight as mine.

gwen, i bought the gleneagles blanket during #1's time. hahaha. yes they sell. they also sell the baby shirts. very cute too. i bought them too. hahaha.

winkle, i come from a family of 3 kids...i do like having siblings lar. just that i think the kids only appreciate having siblings when they grow older. right now, they just want daddy and mommy all to themselves.

oh, so winkle's baby about the same weight as mine.

gwen, i bought the gleneagles blanket during #1's time. hahaha. yes they sell. they also sell the baby shirts. very cute too. i bought them too. hahaha.
ya lor.. i think birth that time at most 2.8KG if we pop around 38 weeks..

i heard the blanket $50 izit? my fren bought it last year..

actually, i think if our baby is about 2.4 now, next week already 38 weeks liao, maybe at most 2.6kg only. unless you massively eat right now. haha. but even if you eat and eat, the weight might just go to you and not the baby.... just take regular meals can le bah.

yea, think the blanket is $50 or 60. haha.

actually, i think if our baby is about 2.4 now, next week already 38 weeks liao, maybe at most 2.6kg only. unless you massively eat right now. haha. but even if you eat and eat, the weight might just go to you and not the baby.... just take regular meals can le bah.

yea, think the blanket is $50 or 60. haha.
if we go into labour on the same day.. make sure we dont carry wrong bb home...remember to pay $15! lolz! :p

just finish my weekly checkup for wk 37.. wahhhhh my bb estimated weight is 3.1kg now!! hahaha oh no i think i will have a big baby.. LOL!
and the size of my bb tummy is bigger dan the head... hahaha hub is laughing that bb will have a big tummy..
the scan just now shows that the head is more of the side of my tummy leh.. even if they move down they will still shift too much? cos my previous check doc say his head was moving down suddenly this week become sideway... but that also means i have more time before he wants to come out?

mummies whom have give birth in TMC.. any one seen this PD - Dr Ng Chi Fan? I just realise that my PD will this doc.. so want to know if he is good...

Yar yar, pls don't let your kid be only child, and if want to have 2nd kid, don't let the age gap be too big. I only thought my brother was mature enough to talk with when he was in upper sec. By then i had already started working. Priorities in life are still so different now, sometimes a bit hard to find common topics to touch base on.

Fuzzybear, Have you considered working in a more ang moh company in future? They tend to appreciate ppl who give opinions instead of going yes yes. Aiyo, what does your boss have against basic deg holders? I've known dip holders who are way better at their jobs than NUS/NTU/SMU grads. Actually I also know ppl who without full secondary education who financially did very well. Tsk tsk your boss.

Hm, I nearly typed fussybear just now.

ya Fuzzybear, i'm working with angmo and we are open to opinions...
We can be so direct with one another... somehow, I find some local hard to please lor..

totorodino & winkle: yay! I think I will get one for bb. Then he can go home straight from the hospital in one. Then I don't have to get a receiving blanket outside too. Keke. I got some of the velcro straddle.

gwen, the gleneagles blanket is not a receiving blanket leh. you can only cover the baby but cant use it to wrap around like a swaddle. so i think you still need to something to swaddle your baby on discharge day.

btw, who is your doc?

gwen, the gleneagles blanket is not a receiving blanket leh. you can only cover the baby but cant use it to wrap around like a swaddle. so i think you still need to something to swaddle your baby on discharge day.

btw, who is your doc?
Wow luckily you told me! I will remember to pack my swaddle in! My doctor is Dr Ang Huay Yan

Winkle: My friend said if my bb is 61 cm now, he might hit 70 cm at birth and become the biggest bb in the nursery. LOL but of cos that is a joke. Haha

Last edited:
totorodino & winkle: yay! I think I will get one for bb. Then he can go home straight from the hospital in one. Then I don't have to get a receiving blanket outside too. Keke. I got some of the velcro straddle.
When I delivered at GleanE in end 2011, there was a gift pack with a vcd, GlenE romper & a GlenE hooded blanket.
Hey Gwen, have u decided on the PD?

When I delivered at GleanE in end 2011, there was a gift pack with a vcd, GlenE romper & a GlenE hooded blanket.

Wow I hope they still have the gift pack! Sounds good. How much did you pay for that?
I didn't decide the PD. I think there is a PD whom Dr. Ang works with. So guess I will go with him.

Hi all,

Please note that the recent information that alleged that KKH is one of the hospital that charges the use of RFID-enabled identification system is not correct. The cited source Wanbao that was published on 8 October actually clearly stated that KKH does not charge, as can be read from the highlighted paragraph below:

wanbao-kkh.png

You may also like to refer to this Straits Times report for further clarification, http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...extra-bring-right-baby-home-are-untrue-kkh-20

Is Friday! Im so tired. Getting more n more tired as weeks past and i realised i cant squat down for too long oso. Tummy getting my way..

Yst night after i pee, i went back to sleep. Dunno why suddenly my womb area feel pain.... is that BH? I ignore it and continue to sleep as im really tired...

Mumagain, can you forward me the pd list as well? Thanks! I oso looking for a pd near my area... anyone noe any good pd ard kovan/serangoon?

littleprince, oh no.. dun stress dun stress! Stress will affect our baby! I always plan a to-do list in e morning but somehow i can never finish all e items. Juz continue the next day if is not urgent. Now, i try not to stress myself too much if possible. Sometimes, i also whacked snacks to relieve stress..the munching effect makes me feel relax.. like munching away e stress! That's where the weight gain come from....

Fuzzybear, i cant tahan such boss man. Hope she wont pull down e apprasial. Working for such boss is really irritating. Ya, tink an ang mo company will suit you better.

SN, famous amos cookies!! I always drool whenever i passby the shop cos is smell so heavenly!! Shld buy some for my stress-relieve pill! Now u "gain" me cookies, the last round u "gain" me chocolates. bad bad mummy. haha..

winkle, tink your bb is testing your patience. Get all stuff prepared. Once she calls an action, immediately muz react liao. Meanwhile, rest well at home!

gwenngan, 61cm!!! Way too long ba.... maybe shld double check w gyne again. Might be measurement error?

fleefly, ya me too! I trying to see a sunny day on a weekend to wash bb clothes. But everytime it rains lo....Going to wash it this weekend and the public holiday on Tuesday. I hope to get all e washing done! I gg 34 weeks! Better get all stuff ready man... else last min very gan chiong for a 1st time mummy!

re: kids
I agreed to have at least 2 kids in the house. Only child is really very lonely. Glad to see mummies here are open to more than 1 kid. My frenz even told me tt they dun wan a kid. Jus dun understand why they got such thinkin. I jus feel that a family will only be complete with kids lo. Or, they will only hab one child so tt they can focus and nuture more. Giving the only child e best out of the best.

Britax car seat for newborn to 4yrs old at $249/- from Robinsons! Think I going shopping today at robinsons lol

SN, i meant one third of a big bar of choc la. Heee. :) I like dark chocolate but yesterday's one was Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar.

fuzzybear, too bad for that person. we cannot control what other people wants to think/feel.

work - my company is considered an ang moh company but made up of many Malaysians (my boss is one). cannot do work wan, only can tell people yes yes and come back to delegate and ask people to do do do!

pinky, cannot take my time to do leh. got deadlines to meet wan ... and my boss will keep asking if completed (i still have daily operations to run and attend to escalations lor) while he just walk up and down the dept all day long, eng eng wan.

kids - i think i won't mind having a 2nd kid with hb but that will mean 5 kids between 2 of us. will be very challenging to cope since hb is not a very hands on kind of daddy (he can play with them, cannot teach and he also needs his own time) and i do not know when his girls will have to stay under one roof with us and how to manage when they become sensitive again. shall not think abt this first ... LOL!

ankh, Robinsons hvg sale or what?

yayyy, i am working 2 days next week only. its psle marking week so i took 2 days leave to coach #1 for his exams! maybe will take the opp to get the baby clothes washed too!

Gwen, when I delivered #1, there was a gift pack with Parkway Shenton romper, towel and DBS Towel, both towels are with hoods. You can use them as swaddles but they are not washed yet so you still might want to prepare your own.

litprince, ohhhh. 1/3 of a big bar of choc. LOL! scare me! I thought I finally found another chocolate monster other than myself. hahahahahaha.

pinky, hehehe. yea, i must share my cravings with you all mah. share the weight gain hahaha.

Today is my last working day. yesterday i was still feeling melancholic. This morning i woke up and felt so tired. I should have taken leave even earlier than this! Now I have only two weekdays to rest before my C-sect. First time mommies, you might want to consider taking leave earlier rather than work till you pop. I find it helps to prepare yourself mentally. I thought this is my second time, so I could actually work till I pop, but now i kinda regret not taking leave earlier. At least can stay at home and have some personal time while #1 is at cc, or even read a book or watch a movie.

litprince, ohhhh. 1/3 of a big bar of choc. LOL! scare me! I thought I finally found another chocolate monster other than myself. hahahahahaha.

pinky, hehehe. yea, i must share my cravings with you all mah. share the weight gain hahaha.

Today is my last working day. yesterday i was still feeling melancholic. This morning i woke up and felt so tired. I should have taken leave even earlier than this! Now I have only two weekdays to rest before my C-sect. First time mommies, you might want to consider taking leave earlier rather than work till you pop. I find it helps to prepare yourself mentally. I thought this is my second time, so I could actually work till I pop, but now i kinda regret not taking leave earlier. At least can stay at home and have some personal time while #1 is at cc, or even read a book or watch a movie.
today is also my ast working day till next feb liaoz..yeahh~~~ too lazy to drag myself to work as well....

pinkyloving: im all prepared liaoz.. juz waiting for the 公主 to come...
ankh: the robinson sale is only for members or for public.. i dont have robinson card :(

Back