(2013/11) November 2013

ankh, thats a very good price for britax! hope you managed to get a good one.

kids: i have too many single friends and childless couple friends to count. they dont seem concerned at all about settling down and having children, some whom are very determined NOT to have children at all. i respect their decision, though personally i thought they never think ahead or consider what they can be missing out in their lives. i told them so long they planned properly for their old age they should be ok. but honestly no matter how you plan, can never beat the care of your own chilren, making decisions for you when you are no longer able to, in your best interest. thats why upbringing in chilren is so very important too.

so jealous to read that today is SN n winkle's last day of work liao!! i still have a few more wks to tahan... grrr.... bite the bullet!

so jealous to read that today is SN n winkle's last day of work liao!! i still have a few more wks to tahan... grrr.... bite the bullet!
no need to be jealous.. we will be jealous of u coz we'll be starting work earlier than u next year..hahaha..

HAHAH Winkle! Make sure you remove the RFID tag from my baby's arm before you bring her home, otherwise a siren will go off and there will be a red light flashing. hahaaha.
Today is my last working day till last week of April. hehehe. gg to clear some balance of annual leave/ cc leave and 1.5mth npl. :p

actually those couples who decide not to have any kids, may not know what they are missing out because they have never experienced it before, so they wont know the joy that a kid can bring to them.

Good morning mummies!!

TGIF!! I'm super tired & slpy... Looking forward to knock off time.. Hope i can finish my work on time today.. Worked till almost 10pm last night in ofc :(

Morning mummies,
I also envy winkle & SN, last day of week leh......................
I am so sleepy, bb decided to be awake & dancing since 4am, don know why has been like routine since Monday.
Craving for coke, for the caffeine & the ice cold feeling, hehe
I will be going for my check up with Prof later at 2.20pm.
No scan today, only routine check up.
Next & last scan will be on 21/10.

Winkle & SN, SHIOK leh!!! Last day at work = bb in ur arms soon!! Waiting for the pics of ur bb..

Bluenosebear, ^5!! This whole week I also wake up ard 4 - 5 am daily, sleep deprived!

Littleprince, winkle, looks like robinsons having up to 20% off nursery & kids apparel sale, but doesn't state till when. Should be open to public, members will get 5% or 10% rebate. Ad on page A11 of Straits Times today. Thought I'd mention the car seat cos there was some discussion on it earlier on

Attigal, I already got my car seat in Aug. aiya, who's to know can get better deal this close to EDD. Britax some more lol.

Xian1304, 10pm is very late! Pls go home earlier. Last trimester harder to cope with fatigue

SN, yeah Tracey gave birth and labour so fast! Think she'll have to camp at hospital for second kid.

Littleprince, ur family logistics make me cross eyed:p

SN: u shiok hor.. until april lei... half a year no need go back work lor.. btw.. the RFID tag got thieves sensor one meh?!
xian1304: better try not to work so late la.. last stage liao very tiring for u and body also..
bluenosebear: we go on leave earlier..but we will also start work earlier that u all lor.. same same.. nxt year den i sianz..now enjoy first lolz..

winkle, hahaha thieves sensor!!! apparently the RFID tag will ring a melody and flash a green light when the baby is brought to the correct mommy. If it's brought to the wrong mommy, it will sound a siren and flash a red light. wahahahahah. but hor, what's the point of having a RFID tag when it could also slip off the baby's wrist/ankle just like traditional tags? no difference lor.

actually i already handed over all my work. now only tying up some loose ends. very free now.... haha.

winkle, hahaha thieves sensor!!! apparently the RFID tag will ring a melody and flash a green light when the baby is brought to the correct mommy. If it's brought to the wrong mommy, it will sound a siren and flash a red light. wahahahahah. but hor, what's the point of having a RFID tag when it could also slip off the baby's wrist/ankle just like traditional tags? no difference lor.

actually i already handed over all my work. now only tying up some loose ends. very free now.... haha.
ohh...ehh i didnt know so high tech nowadays..lolz.. i only know RFID tag can input data and nurses can see the data by scanning..didnt know will have flash light hahaha..

im also super free now.. basically do nothing..juz FB & forum... waiting for lunch time...

ohh...ehh i didnt know so high tech nowadays..lolz.. i only know RFID tag can input data and nurses can see the data by scanning..didnt know will have flash light hahaha..

im also super free now.. basically do nothing..juz FB & forum... waiting for lunch time...

yah, yesterday fuzzybear sent me a link to a clearer version of the chinese article, so managed to read all these details. hahahah.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1273889_10151771291093702_1012710669_o.jpg
haha, so you are also super free. no wonder whole morning, mostly you and me talking to each other. hahaha. the rest all busy working :p

wow the mothercare cot bundle sounds like a really good deal. wah lao. i already bought playpen loh sobz.

litprince, have you discovered a way to fix the musical mobile to the playpen?

ya lor.. i think i also very paiseh to be sititng in office zo bo... lolz.... maybe later go for long lunch...hahaha.. my boss travelling this week..so no govt! :D

good morning mummies...

SN, I'm a chocolate monster too... I ate at least half a bar of chocolate lor.. worse than little prince... she's in control...

Ya reading Tracey's birthstory, super fast lor... the next one she has to rush to hospital after peeing liao...

my co still have not found a temp for me... I intend to work till 22 nov and resume work on 1st Feb.
hopefully baby arrived on 28 as what I hope for...

morning!

SN, winkle, i envy u both lah. im just going 34wks now. by the time u all finish confinement then i will give birth lor. i'm so sick of being pregnant. im so tired...

seems that the sales are nv ending one. one after another really got so much things to buy? i got to dig out my checklist to see if im still short of anything else.

febie, ^5, my co also haven found temp for me..although i gave them 6 months notice that im going on maternity leave.. RAWR!!
want shake leg also cannot :(

mush dont be tired.. time will pass very fast!! but i get what you mean..i also feel tired now at 36w.. the last lap always seem the hardest :(

Febie, I always like to ask, how "big" is your chocolate bar? I can finish a whole chocolate bar if it's like Mars bar size. hahaha. but if you are refering to Cadbury big block of chocolate bar, then half is really alot. hahahaha. I can go without tea, coffee, bbt for 9 months, but i cannot go without chocolate for a single day! *all the chocolate monsters unite!*

Today I'm also nua-ing. At gynaes clinic since 930 waiting for check up, my bum sit until in pain liao. Soooo bored. And so having indigestion!

Mummychua, how's your appetite now?

Looks like we'll be having thunderstorm later.

Winkle, true la, enjoy earlier, but also go back to work earlier:p
Mush, I am also 34 weeks 1 day leh........................
I plan my maternity leave at 11/11. like 1 week + away from my EDD, 21/11.
But if I k tahan till bomb then I will take later.
I know that NUH RFID system, if U try to bring bb beyond certain point, eg entrance door line, alarm will ring & main door will remain shut.
Robinson, I had receieved a bonus letter with 25% discountm but only k buy maximum $250.
Planning to go this weekend to buy those items that I short of.

mummychua, I'm only in week33 now... but with bb inside our tummy better mah... no need to nurse or pump every 3 hrs leh... :)

twinnie87, keep our fingers crossed we manage to get temp to cover towards end of the mth...
when is your due date?

Val, is ELC still on sale? Any other toy store on sale?

wont the RFID alarm scare the baby? imagine the baby is sleeping and then the alarm goes off!

SN, I have sweet tooth lor... Ice-cream, chocolate etc, cant do without...
hope today can eat ice kacang... :p
I finished a bag of mm minis in 3 days... :p (this is 500gm) and I just ate some greentea kitkats...
aiming to have my milka milk chocolate this afternoon if not on Monday....
been putting on weight with all these sweet stuff....

bluenosebear, when did NUH start this RFID system? I rem for my #1 he only has 1 tag each on both his ankles in Jan 2010...

Seriously, I nv run thru the list and check what i'm short off leh...
and still have not decide on the sleeping arrangement for newborn at my mum pl...

febie - my due date is on 5/11.. im on ML from 1/11 onwards..so garung right
if bb comes early den ho say liao!! hehehe

wah febie & totoro really got sweet tooth!!
and come to think abt it.. i feel like eating sticky chewy chocolate too..oh nooooooooooo!!!
the virus is spreading!!

bluenosebaer - i received the 25% voucher too..plan to use it to buy stroller..what are you gonna get?

SN, i saw yr dark M & Ms at airport but didn't buy coz it was such a huge packet. hb was amused, i kept looking around to see if got sell then finally found, don't want to buy. :p hmm, i think i really have to work till i pop lor coz my mountain of work if uncompleted will need to pass on to my supervisors, they will really struggle though they have been nice to offer to relieve some burden from me now. i may consider to start my ML fm 18 Nov ba ... first day of sch hols. i still need to see if i can buy #1's textbooks and uniforms for next year in time!

i hv a gf who just found out abt her pregnancy today! hehe! most of my gfs' kids are pretty grown up like my #1 so its rare tt i found someone who is going to have a newborn when older children are much older. at least i won't feel so weird. :p

Febie, seems like i'm in same situation as u.. Edd on 28 Nov, Co din have temp for me.. They expecting i take 8 weeks and be back to work.. I have yet to commit to that.. Dunno when to start my ML, maybe as the EDD gets nearer then I start thinking.. Now only 33 week 1 day, so i sort of feel still long way to go.. Coz i dun wan take ML too early n rot at home coz i staying with PIL plus I see my frend getting bored waiting for bb arrival.. Hopefully, I can work till e day I pop!

Febie-I can't remember when they started leh.
They did mention thr.
twinnie-1 steriliser (thinking of Pigeon , NUK or Avent), I already bought 1 Avent. This one is to put in mummy hse.

ya looks like to storm here at raffles place. is so dark man ~
my due date on 11/11 and i taking leave starting 1/11 coz needs to clear leaves.

xian1304 - your company expecting u to return after 8 weeks?? that's quite mean leh.

febie & twinnie - same same! my company still not yet get temp to cover me. aiyo i dunno how man! but from what i heard seems like not easy to get someone oso

Hello mummies! I'm on hospitalisation leave till mon coz the CTG scan shows I'm having contractions (and I didn't even know!) when I went to gynae's clinic to review results for Doppler scan. Doppler scan turned out fine, just that bb was on the smaller side (17th percentile)..doc is afraid I may run into preterm labour coz of my contractions so he made me rest at home. Sighs, I have so much work undone and I prolly need to work doubly hard when I return to work. :( and I can't go for kTv le! :(

In any case, it's Friday! Hope all mummies will have a great weekend! :)

Can anyone add me to FB group too? :p [email protected]

I am so envious of all of you, taking leave already. I still cannot, I still have a lot of department planning work for 2014 to do! Sob! I think I will only start taking leave beginning of November.

It seems like all of you are getting moms to help to take care? Anyone sending your babies to infant care? Recently so many cases in childcare, I am a bit afraid.

Febie, seems like i'm in same situation as u.. Edd on 28 Nov, Co din have temp for me.. They expecting i take 8 weeks and be back to work.. I have yet to commit to that.. Dunno when to start my ML, maybe as the EDD gets nearer then I start thinking.. Now only 33 week 1 day, so i sort of feel still long way to go.. Coz i dun wan take ML too early n rot at home coz i staying with PIL plus I see my frend getting bored waiting for bb arrival.. Hopefully, I can work till e day I pop!
my coll also work til she pop.. but i dont really like the idea lei.. coz she popped on a sat... den Mon still gotta reply emails and finish off her work in hospital and at home lor.. so tiring and frustrating one...

sounds like most companies will get a temp to cover? My portfolio will just be covered by my three colleagues.

haha, i only like dark chocolate, not a big fan of milk chocolate. dark chocolate is less fattening too hehe.

litprince, y didnt you buy the M&Ms? aiyah, you can just pour some into a container and bring to work. The rest just keep in the fridge. haha.

yah xian, return after 8 weeks is very fast leh. i was just wondering how pple survive with only 8 weeks maternity leave previously. i find 16 weeks too short also. if they want to promote breastfeeding, maternity leave should be 6 months! haha

ankh, still not eating well. keep vomiting leh. i started taking anti vomiting pills today. feel like im back in 1st trimester but with a big tummy and lots of extra weights.

febie, twinnie, flogal, my company not getting temp for me too. so i will work till the day i pop. and got to work from hm during my ML. so now im going ard telling customers better plan ahead and let me know what they need now before i give birth otherwise expect to have slow respond during my 16wks ML.

xian1304, very mean to expect u to be back in just 8wks. that's less than 2mths break. and i find once you are back at work, it can be difficult to clear the balance of your ML. plus everyone will expect you to take on full responsibility after ML. very siong plus all the work in breastfeeding. better to delay going back.

febie, sian to think abt breastfeeding and sleepless nite but also very sian to be pregnant and vomiting all the time.

gwengan, my helper will be taking care of my baby after i return fm ML. i don't have parents/in-laws to help to take care or keep an eye for me, cannot consider IFC coz my #1 still requires me to coach him in studies at night.

SN, see so big bag didn't dare to buy, don't buy then won't keep thinking of eating! :p

eh, my ML during #1's time only 8 weeks and i took 2 weeks before edd to rest. when i returned to work, #1 was only 6 weeks old! but i bf him for 6 mths anyway. this round is coz i am in a different role so certain things, i prefer to do it myself. anyway, i need to settle appraisal matters for my staffs too, would be unfair to get other managers to conduct appraisals for them on my behalf.

mush, rest well and hope yr vomitting goes off soon.

i'm working till i pop too, the handover with my temp staff is almost done, so am quite relieved now. n feeling lazy cos most things i try to let my temp handle... those whose edd is in end nov try to find ur temp asap.. if not later need to stress abt the handover leh...

gwenngan: i'm putting my bb in ifc after my ML ends when i return to work.

Wooohooooo!! feel so excited for both of you !! toto & Winkle!! Hahaha.. since you both pop early, please stick around this forum and feed us more info dealing with your newborn!! ;);)

Little prince,
Same sentiments. I have appraisal to finish up. Must be responsible to my ppl. I don't feel like engaging a helper cos both hb and I don't like strangers in our house. In addition, we are shifting to a smaller hse next year, I don't like the idea of her occupying space (for sleeping etc) in our hse. Managing is also something I worry also. So that's why IFC is our option.

Xian, my due date supposed to be on 25 but I hope #2 arrive on 28th.. so that the day of birth is same as korkor while me and hubby same mah... :p

no worries bluenosebear, just curious too... :p

flogal and twinnie, it's hard to get temp esp at this period of the year.
my work load depends on situation some more. so even harder to handover...
haiz... and i'm expected to check my emails too during maternity in case the temp cant do much...
The temp to replace me will have good life lor... do simple stuff... technical stuff how to handover?

Mummychua, I have heartburn everyday and every night too... huggies and I understand the feeling of hugging toilet bowl...
suffered during my #1's pregnancy... I was let off during 2nd trim for a mth only... so toilet bowl was my only best friend then....

SN, I finished a bag of dark m&m too and also bought another bag of brookside dark chocolate in addition to what my colleague gave me...
I like dark chocolate and certain brand of milk chocolate... :p

gwenn, I employ a maid to help out my mum too...
3 yrs ago and now body different too... dun wan to tire her out...
plus my bro and sil staying with her dun even volunteer to help out with the hsework...
tough on my mum...

totorodino - hahaha wow if 6 mths i tink many companies will be super unhappy!

gelobean - hope all is well for u. do u have brown discharge or any other symptom?

gwen - me! i got to put in infant care. this is oso a headache. i called my first skol and apparently there are 200 babies in punggol on the waiting list :eek: i called up a few pcf nearby and they said can only register when bb pops.. so hopefully got space bah. how abt you? have u started calling up? i oso scare after reading but no choice.. pray that the infant care will be ok.

Can add me to FB group too? my email add is : [email protected] TIA!

febie & mush - high five! i am expected to reply email and remain contactable throughout the 16 weeks! argh! i dunno can cope or not.. somemore first time mum i m a noob. see how it goes bah.

Hi Mummies~!

TGIF~

FB> can someone add me in too? [email protected]

I'm getting nervous as the week passes! Going to see gynae tomorrow! Can't wait! Bb was 1.8+ at wk 32. tmr will be wk34+5. i'm excited~!
Can i ask how early do you get BH? I do feel cramps-like pain at the bottom near the V area.. & i feel like a penguin now, waddling as i walk. :p

It's so nerve-wrecking to hear that some Nov babies have decided to pop earlier! My EDD is 17th nov & i'll start leave on 6th. Hope that's not too early! I feel like i'm in a dilemna coz on 1 hand, i can't wait to see bb & on the other hand, i want him to be full term.. anyone feels the same as me? o_O

Think i'm gg mad too, everyday i'll sit in the bb room & touch his clothes, cot, etc... :)

Wooohooooo!! feel so excited for both of you !! toto & Winkle!! Hahaha.. since you both pop early, please stick around this forum and feed us more info dealing with your newborn!! ;);)
i hope i'll be able to find time to surf the net lei.. i think FB will be easier haha.. juz use phone.. log in forum abit diff if im not at work.. coz gotta on laptop, if use phone to log in very very small....

everyone has been telling me first few weeks especially first timer very noob..no time to shit also..lolz!!!!

Back