(2013/11) November 2013

afternoon mummies, i spend my morning ordering stuff from iherb while working. lol.... anyway i being puking every single day since last wk. super sian. zero mood for food.

ankh, although i just live opp, i nv visit that shop. to me that is a 'hei dian'. during my #1, i send my hub over to get a infant car seat, the sales person can actually recommend those car seat for 6mths and above and told my hub it can be rear facing which is obviously not true. i called to ask for return but they refuse lor. coz i opened the plastic cover. im so pissed that me in confinement went over to the shop to complain. only then their boss give me my refund. nv bought anything from that shop again. serve them right for closing.

amniotic fluid, just put a piece of those absorbent pad under ur bed for protection towards ur edd. otherwise get good mattress protector.

yogini, got to do more kegel to strengthen the muscles.

PD, i told my gynae i wanted my #1 PD to see #2. he just note down her name. i dont even know if he knows her or if she will visit Mt A to see the bb. i dont even know her charges. maybe i should call her clinic on my own?

LOL ankh! I just read that your brother is 1.87m!!!!! how come same factory different products? hehehehe. not laughing at your height cos im even shorter than you hahaha. but my sister and brother are only 1.57 and 1.7m (i think). So at least, my parents produce consistent products. hahahaha.
My hb is 1.8m.....during dating times, i try to wear heels.....now i dun bother leh. weekends always flats hahaha.

My Gynae's wife is a PD who is practising in the same clinic.. So i think it's a norm he won't ask which Gynae we prefer and straight using his wife ba.. I have paid $350 for her to attend to bb while in hospital. According to the clinic assistant, that will be the full charge unless *touchwood* my bb got any complications or what that require additional attention and this will be billed separately. As for the injections, I'm intending to do it them at poly clinic. Is it ok? How to know when to start bringing bb to poly clinic for the injections?

Gwenngan : thanks for the assurance :)

Re: PD
my frd who just gave birth took the PD which our gynae (Dr Tham) recommended and the cost is $500+. :eek: is this the norm price?

Re: Eczema
anyone facing eczema on feet and hands? i am having quite bad eczema and i m trying not to take the oral tablets. the GP prescribed some cream for me and i read it contains steroid. i have checked with gynae he said is safe but i am skeptical . :confused:

Re: Public Transport
did you all read about this person who commented in stomp that preggy women should not take train coz we are endangering our bb??? and that if no money take cab then dun give birth. i am applauded by such comment! http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=65132#1.

gosh, did you all read the comments? got some people support the writer. our society is really going down the drain! SICKO ARSES!

totorodino : yes yes is really terrible right!

yogini: i read somewhere that amniotic fluid smells sweet but i dunno how true.. mayb can google search. btw how do detect or know is mild contraction? like menses cramp?

totorodino : yes yes is really terrible right!

yogini: i read somewhere that amniotic fluid smells sweet but i dunno how true.. mayb can google search. btw how do detect or know is mild contraction? like menses cramp?

Mild contractions to me is hardening of your tummy...... usually if its not painful and not high in frequencies, not much to worry. But if it occurs at every 5-10mins interval, better go get check and get medication if its false contractions, if not it will break watch bag and go into preterm labour

afternoon mummies, i spend my morning ordering stuff from iherb while working. lol.... anyway i being puking every single day since last wk. super sian. zero mood for food.

ankh, although i just live opp, i nv visit that shop. to me that is a 'hei dian'. during my #1, i send my hub over to get a infant car seat, the sales person can actually recommend those car seat for 6mths and above and told my hub it can be rear facing which is obviously not true. i called to ask for return but they refuse lor. coz i opened the plastic cover. im so pissed that me in confinement went over to the shop to complain. only then their boss give me my refund. nv bought anything from that shop again. serve them right for closing.

amniotic fluid, just put a piece of those absorbent pad under ur bed for protection towards ur edd. otherwise get good mattress protector.

yogini, got to do more kegel to strengthen the muscles.

PD, i told my gynae i wanted my #1 PD to see #2. he just note down her name. i dont even know if he knows her or if she will visit Mt A to see the bb. i dont even know her charges. maybe i should call her clinic on my own?

mush: hahaha i am also looking at iherb.. so many things and i also duno what else to buy..

Hi mummies! All these talk about contractions is making me nervous! My mum told me that when her labour pains started when carrying me, she keep having the poo feeling and going to toilet but nothing came out... took a while before she realized I was coming out and almost couldn't make it to the hospital in time!

Seems like the mummies in this thread have extreme height haha... I'm considered average at 1.63m :p

littleprince, I went to the puku shop during lunchtime today. They are out of stocks for the star buys at expo, so don't have the same pricing already. However, they have additional 5% off for the Avent pump/sterilizer bundles with the same free gifts! Urgh... should have gone there last week before getting my Avent pump from expo. They also have 25% off teats and other Avent items. There is no additional discount for puku items, but the uncle told me they have the cheapest price and complete range compared to dept stores as they ship directly from taiwan and they are the main distributor. Simple design cotton pjs for toddlers on offer at 3 for $10, front button pjs 25% off (after disc, between $10-$20). I also saw some walkers and kiddo ride-ons with discounts. Other than that, the shop also sell other brands like pureen, tollyjoy, pigeon etc but not cheap (similar to dept stores pricing)

ankh, I got my #1's booster seat from that kovan shop last month! We happened to be there cos we went Goh Ah Bee to get a standing fan and just walked around. Not bad, got 30% off :p

contractions are usually accompanied by stomach tightening, and they start to get regular and closer. stomach upsets maybe too, but you will also feel the urge to poo..my own contractions feel like sharp shooting pains near the vagina. if the pains are near the top of your stomach, then it could be something else, better call gynae. I rem for my first I slept with a big diaper mat close to my due date, but instead of water bag breaking, I get a bloody show instead, so no mess, hoping my #2 will be as considerate haha.
attigal, wat u described sounds like wat i experienced yest nite n this morning. but since they are not happening once in 5 mins so i decided to just dismiss it. haha..

Gwenngan : thanks for the assurance :)
Re: Public Transport
did you all read about this person who commented in stomp that preggy women should not take train coz we are endangering our bb??? and that if no money take cab then dun give birth. i am applauded by such comment! http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=65132#1.
i saw the article too on fb! shared by my friend. was so pissed when i read point 3 n 4!! ridiculous!

SN, my dad's side of the family tall n skinny, my mum's side short and plump. My brother and I both got the plump gene haha! My paternal cousins generally quite tall, and maternal cousins ave height to short! I see my #1, think she got the tall gene. So my brother better watch out, he may hv short kids lol.

Mummychua, really didn't know Cherie kids was so bad. I only know their stuff not quite cheap, so seldom shopped there. Ah, no wonder you'd rather go for expo sales.

Flogal, there are non-steroidal creams u can get from guardian. Think it's called Egoderm, from Australia. For sure not as effective as steroids, but can give it a try.

Saw the STOMP commentary, it's very sad. What is this social disease?

Sei, really!!! aiya, just now no more booster seats.

yogini, i have never really smell the amniotic fluid smell before too, becuase my waterbag was broken by my gynae back then to facilitate labour. however if you realized that your panties or liner keep getting soaked it is likely your waterbag has broken and start leaking. from most cases i heard its not usually gushing out, more like your period, slowly dripping out from you.

xu4n, contractions may start with longer time intervals and progress to shorter ones. to play safe take note how many contractions you have within an hour from the first contraction. if more then 4 then better call gynae.

flogal, if your tummy only tighten in the morning and night with no other pains, i think it could just be braxton hicks.

ankh, LOL. is your bro's wife short or tall? You mean tall genes skip one generation? hahahah. everytime the measurements of my baby are small, my gynae will say smaller built girls got more husband choices. hahaha.

Need to bring #1 for his jabs, dr yy yip on leave and dr ngiam on leave too. only dr william yip is left and my friend saw him today and said that william yip is the worst of the lot. he kept saying bye to her when she wanted to ask him more questions >.<""

wow, tomorrow is my last gynae appointment liao. so fast. time really flies. it seems like just yesterday when i brought my newborn #1 back for the post-delivery check-up and took photos with my gynae and his nurses. soon i will be bringing my newborn #2 and #1 back to take photos again. haha.

SN, my brother still eyeing a girl, not even near marriage yet. How to find girls taller than him in Singapore? I think any gene can skip one generation. My hubby may also be carrying a tall gene (but he hides it very very well lol) so combine with my genes, #1 should be reasonably tall. For sure taller than the parents! For #2, we shall see hehe. Could be my height.

Wah, one more week for u SN!

Thanks, attigal! I just hope I know they are contractions when I feel them!
I am worried cos' my pain tolerance is quite high! I definitely do not want my bb to come without my doc. LOL

Another tip, my hb's colleague actually advised him to keep 2 towels in the car, one for the seat and the other for bb, just in case (touchwood) the bb decides to come early. LOL

Fuzzybear,
Try something sweet and see if baby moves more. This does the trick for me for all 3kids. If still doesnt wk pls call ur gynae.
Yes. I have the same thinking as u for public transports. Its nt an entitlement but bonus.

Xuan,
Hmm..try nt to take bike le esp nw u are big n heavy. Pretty dangerous ya?
Dun even bother. Just let them take away the seat if they wan. Save ur energy. They will get wat they deserve when its their time and they need the seat but they are nt offered one.

Litprince,
Ur migraine sounds really bad!! I used to have bad migraine which causes me to be nausea and see stats but aft delivering my #1 my migraine gets alot better.

Sn,
Jiayou!! Rem to get all things ready and wait for the big day =)

Re: gynae visit
Went for my 36w visit today. baby has engaged and is actually quite low le. In fact gynae cldnt even scan the face anymore. Gained 2kg but half went to baby and baby is of gd weight. Gynae also mentioned baby may nt wait till nov and may bcum oct baby! Oh man!! I am so nt ready to delivery yet!!!!

just saw in fb someone post an article about 2 local hospitals who will be charging $15 to parents to ensure the right baby is given to them afterbirth! how absurd is this!

re:belly bandit
I tinking to getting that as well to flatten my tummy after birth. Not useful at all? How about those shape wear? Will it helps to faltten my tummy?

Val, ur bb is engaged at 36 weeks! Anytime can prepare to pop le... that's fast! Looks like there will be quite a few October babies in Nov MTB.. keke...Good that bb is absorbing half of your weight gain. I hope mine will be e same too!

gweengan, thx for sharing e tips! I better ask my hubby prepared towels in his car. Very scare impromtu e bb come lo.... someone oso mentioned to place e waterproof pad on e bed when nearer to e edd. I nv tot of that man.... good to learn something here!

Xuan, wa.. u still take bike now? Better dont lah, jus to be safe. Although public tpt can be really frustrating at times, is much safer to ride on e bike w our big tummy now. At times, i will hope for a seat. But if dun hab, den i will jus stand thru out lo. Very pai seh to ask for seat. So i jus stand thru out normally.

Val, fuzzybear, i didnt noe abt getting presents for elder silbing when bb is born. To assure them issit? That's is something i muz keep in mind when i having my 2nd child. heee...

Gd morning!

Val, u better start packing ur bags and washing bb clothes.. i heard the more times u pop, the earlier ur bb will come.. since bb is already so low, i think u might pop before 38 wks! what have u left to do? Oh i tried sweet stuff (i m a sugar freak), cold stuff, hot stuff but she wasn't moving much the day before. only got better yesterday and back to her usual self from late last night onwards.

Re: $15 for RFID tag
I saw it on FB too (though i couldn't understand what they were saying cos its in chinese). so typical of Singaporeans to pass responsibility to the parents instead. The hospital is supposed to ensure that the right bb is delivered to u but in this case, the buck is passed back to the parents. seems like with money, anything can be solved.

Morning.
Which 2 hospitals are having the RFID tags & need to pay??

I know NUH having the tag way before KKH had the wrong baby issue, when they did hospital orientation.
But they nvr mention need to pay.
I think if not fair to pay $ coz is the hospital initiative to prevent wrong bb.

morning mummies, the other hospital is gleneagles if i dont remember wrongly...

its a bit dumb to pay $ to prevent wrong bb right?
like we are not paying enough for hopsitalisation fees etc?!

morning mummies. yes is gleneagles. ya is really ridiculous to charge parent when the responsible shld be on the hospital right.
hope TMC wont implement this!

morning mummies!

RFID tag, actually its a good initiative but very stupid for them to put a charge to it. just provide the service to all patient and charge into the hospital bill. $15 more to the thousands u are paying, most ppl will just see it as part of the hospital bill. with the charge of $15, it leave a bad taste in the mouth.

vomiting, i vomited 3 times yesterday, after every meal. went to bed hungry. so sad but i simply cant eat. had a small breakfast this morning but feel like puking now. haiz... feeling so weak with the lack of food. anyone else vomiting as much as me?

Val, u better get prepare for popping. according to my gynae, subsequent bb do come earlier.

sorry i didn't read the article in detail but from the postings seems like just gleneagles.

so absurd. next time we have to pay extra to make sure we get the right medicine too?
i want to ask both hospital, are the staff you employ ed so incompetent they cant even get something so basic and fundamental right?

Hi Mummies,
my gynae's nurse just informed me that we cannot take hospitalisation leave after 36 weeks.
it would be considered as maternity leave. she say this is the law.
is it true? i have never heard of this.

mumagain, i was thinking if worth to buy the belly bandit. during #1's time, massage lady recc a $10 watsons band (she offered to help me buy if i want) which also worked well for me. and if you have opted for postnatal massage, the massage lady will tie our tummy till the last session (where we will probably be abt 2.5 to 3 weeks after delivery?). maybe if massage lady can recc a binder, buying fm her will be cheaper and if really need later on, order from allemom also won't be too late since they can deliver within 2 days? the problem is if we buy now, we won't know if the size we are choosing is suitable or not so why not buy after delivery if we really want it?

yr gynae is fm TMC too? i asked my gynae for the PD list but he didn't have leh, but he randomly gave me 2 PD names who are based in Seng Kang but the queues for these PDs are horrendous. i discussed with hb and prefer to return to $1's PD in Tampines instead. parking wld be more convenient and i can always drop by to take a number fm office, then return home to fetch baby and come back later.
Yes, I'm given a list. I can whatsapp you if you keen to see the PD list.

mumagain, im also considering to buy belly bandit but likely buying after 37 weeks because of their 30 days exchange policy. btw only recommended to wear up to 6 weeks.
U mean wear up to 6 weeks after delivery only? I thought can wear as & when we like after that ? I remember when I delivered my #2, my V-bone (the place between our rip bone & stomach) didn't close it well resulting pain in that area. My gynea suggested me to get a wrap to help it close back. So I thought of getting one ready to use immediately after birth.... just not sure what size to get.

wah, other than winkle, i wonder if there will be any other mommies who will pop before me, other than the triplets and twins mommies who have already popped.
muahahah... im back!!!! :D.. false alarm.. lolz...

gwenngan: the contractions i had 2 days ago were like menstrual cramps lor.. but with backache and my thighs felt very sng...every 6 mins one contraction.. i thot bb gonna come out.. but no lei.. she's just testing my patience!! :mad:

went for gynae check & baby is a whooping 2.457kg at my current 32weeks 6 days!

for those whom are doing prenatal massage, do u do it more than once a week? i have just sort of found a prenatal lady and wanted to do 2 sessions a wk but she said not good. her rates are not too over e top so if she is ok, i may go with her for post natal when i give birth :)

winkle
i had a few false alarms too. but i think we are all v close to due dates to best to be careful in monitoring .. in case its real alarm :)

Winkle, saw your nick and thought u were going to announce birth! Gynae got say how many more days? Your bb wants to make herself look pretty before arrival is it? :)

Yunzz, briefly read thru mom sick leave webpage, doesn't seem to mention anything about not able to take it before birth. Think only unless your maternity leave has started can you NOT be able to claim hospitalization/sick leave. Give MOM a call to clarify ?

Hello! i'm happy to report that bb is back to her active self.. moving a lot and movements are stronger.. guess it was a tired day for her yesterday cos i woke up so early.. thanks for listening to my worries.
Glad that everything is well. I was enjoying a girls out day having high-tea & shopping walking around Orchard Rd ytd afternoon till night. I also noticed that when we're tired, bb tends not to move that much & often. Tummy only harderning few times in the day during walking. The real kicks come in only after I settled down myself on bed at night. We just have to relax........ breath in & out :D

val, pinky: ya i nv take bike le lor.. then want to walk more also to help easier delivery.

i find the $15 charge nonsense also. it's like they're saying if u dun pay the $15 then u deserve to be carrying a wrong baby home, or they won't bear responsibility if u carry wrong baby home. stupid. -.-

went for my appt yest n gynae also mentioned that bb has moved downwards le. i'm halfway thru wk36 now. quite surprised cos it's my #1 n i din expect it to be so soon. gynae din say the word "engaged" though, so i'm thinking maybe moving downwards but not fully engaged yet. he did mention that bb may be coming in 2 wks time, ie maybe at my 38wks.

tek_koh: my false alarm abit too real already lei..somemore i still time my contractions using iphone apps for 2 hours... haizz..
ankh: gynae said i also having contractions every 6 mins.. but no dilation and water level still alot.. she said like that bb will pop earlier than expected bah..but donno when... i just hope she pops when my gynae is back from her holiday... that's nxt fri..... o_O

Pay & Pay really getting very ridiculous nowadays..haizz.. even childcare centre under them are not trustworthy anymore.. so are they going to implement paying $15 again to make sure nobody abuse our kids?? if we refuse to pay and if our kids kena tortured they wun be responsible? very smart hor like that! use $15 can cover whole backside!!!

Winkle, saw your nick and thought u were going to announce birth! Gynae got say how many more days? Your bb wants to make herself look pretty before arrival is it? :)

Yunzz, briefly read thru mom sick leave webpage, doesn't seem to mention anything about not able to take it before birth. Think only unless your maternity leave has started can you NOT be able to claim hospitalization/sick leave. Give MOM a call to clarify ?

ya, ankh, i also thought so. anyway i will wait for gynae's nurse to check and revert to me.

Pinky,
Ya. Its anytime nw so i am a walking time bomb. =P
Actually u have to tell the elder kid(s) that the 1st present(s) is/are from the baby. To me is sort of like bribing them la. Hahaha. Is more of a 见面礼. Like telling the elder one that the baby loves and adores them so that the elder kids wldnt take to the baby negatively. Subsequent presents u can tell them its from u for the elder one just to reassure them so tat they dun feel leftout when the nb gets alot of new stuffs. U can also use the present as a form of reward when the elder help u ard the house/baby. U know la, kids simply love presents. N a happy kid means happy mummy =) does need to be exp presents. So long as something the kid will like. I usually prepare toys, books and puzzles.

Fuzzybear,
Just started washing some baby clothes, hankies and receiving blankets. There is still the towels, more clothes and hankies, mittens n booties to wash. I havent pack my hosp bag etc. seriously, i am nt mentally prep.
I have sweet tooth too =) gd tt ur gal is back to usual. Think they have mood like us. Sometimes we just wanna nua while sometimes we are more active on the move. Hahhaa.

Mush,
My #1 39w4d, #2 40w so i am hoping #3 will also be close to edd or be an edd baby.

Yunnz,
Better u chk with ur company's hr.

Winkle,
Ur baby is playing the waiting game with u and the ball is in her court. Hahhaa!

Xuan,
Yes. Head dwn do nt means engaged.

Yes, I'm given a list. I can whatsapp you if you keen to see the PD list.

U mean wear up to 6 weeks after delivery only? I thought can wear as & when we like after that ? I remember when I delivered my #2, my V-bone (the place between our rip bone & stomach) didn't close it well resulting pain in that area. My gynea suggested me to get a wrap to help it close back. So I thought of getting one ready to use immediately after birth.... just not sure what size to get.

thats what I read on the website, that it is recommended to wear only up to 6 weeks afterbirth.

Btw, first time mummies who were planning to bank your baby's cord blood, take note you should do it 4-6 weeks before your edd...

My turn to be hormonal.. just had a big argument with my subordinate.. well he acts like he is my boss instead! ordered me around to do work. he even sent me an email saying "as the boss, you should...." WTF?! our boss heard everything and as usual, sided him again. ARGH! my boss likes this guy very much to the point of scolding me in front of him, even though it wasn't my fault. she later admitted that the problem might be him and not me!!

Winkle, glad u are still around. Are u on HL? tell baby to be guai to stay inside.

Yunzz, depends on your company. Though MOM never say anything abt not being able to have HL post 36 wks, it really depends on your company. not saying anything (or in legal term 'staying silence') doesn't mean it is ok.. neither does it mean that is not ok.. they rather leave it open for interpretation. u can ask your company if they accept HL before ML.

Val, woah, u still have a lot of things to do.. i m exactly 21 days away from my c-sec.. haven't wash a single item either! haven't pack hospital bag also.. i have been feeling more painful contractions but irregular timing.. in fact i was so mad at my subordinate this morning that my contractions were 10mins apart.. thank goodness it has since stopped.

Re: $15 RFID tag
yah just bury it in the hospital pkg lah.. nobody will see it and make noise.. after all every yr the maternity pkgs increase in price.. i m sure they can hide that $15 somewhere.

val i'm not talking abt head down.. my baby's head has been down since start of 3rd tri, haha.. gynae commented that baby's head moved even downwards now.

attigal, wat u described sounds like wat i experienced yest nite n this morning. but since they are not happening once in 5 mins so i decided to just dismiss it. haha..
I also had that. Is like a sequence. Can feel stomach hardening then it goes all the way to anus area....
My bowel also very happening this week. Clearing everyday with soft stools. My both feet swell like elephant too... :(

Fuzzybear,
U getting ur helper to help wash the items? Better start getting her to wash soon.
Same. I have more painful contractions as well and sometimes i have to stop moving completely till it pass. I get contractions when i get worked up too. Actually my gynae wanna chk my cervix yest but i huh v loudly and comment tt i dun wanna disturb it yet. Hahaha.

Xuan,
Even tho ur baby head has move even more downwards, baby's head still need to be engaged.
Head down/moving even more downwards do not mean engaged. U sld ask ur gynae specifically if baby has engaged or nt. At this stage, i believe most of our babies are already head down/even more downwards....

morning mummies..

later going for my weekly checkup again... wonder if doc will do scan anot cos its likely my last checkup with him if my bb really pop at wk38..

thats what I read on the website, that it is recommended to wear only up to 6 weeks afterbirth.

Btw, first time mummies who were planning to bank your baby's cord blood, take note you should do it 4-6 weeks before your edd...

attigal: oh you mean we have to register 4-6 weeks before? hub still havent decide if we should bank in.. still thinking of the pros and cons...

I also had that. Is like a sequence. Can feel stomach hardening then it goes all the way to anus area....
My bowel also very happening this week. Clearing everyday with soft stools. My both feet swell like elephant too... :(

mumagain: me too! but i have to keep thinking if its BH or contraction or just bb playing with me.. really very hard to differentiate..

ya val i forgot to ask him specifically, cos we were in the middle of a joke at that time. haha.. anw no rush lah.. bb wants to come out anytime also safe liao... we just wait lor.

by the way, the joke yest was that my hub asked again if gender is confirmed. then my gynae says ya confirmed, if bb come out gender is wrong he will not charge us delivery fee. hahaha... i ask my gynae if i can record his statement down as proof anot. lol!

Mommies, better start to wash all the bb stuff! The moment I tot of washing them, the sun will go into hiding! Not to mention that end year is so rainy..

Gwen, I think dr ang's machine sometimes a bit not zhun.. I was old my num 1 was ard 3.8kg but... Came out at 38 weeks 3.18kg.. I think 61 cm is a bit far too long leh... Just take these measurements with a pinch of salt, as long as bb is growing well, ok lah..

morning mummies..

later going for my weekly checkup again... wonder if doc will do scan anot cos its likely my last checkup with him if my bb really pop at wk38..

attigal: oh you mean we have to register 4-6 weeks before? hub still havent decide if we should bank in.. still thinking of the pros and cons...

mumagain: me too! but i have to keep thinking if its BH or contraction or just bb playing with me.. really very hard to differentiate..

yeap, thats what it says on tge cordblood website. but you can call and arrange for them to cometo your place, they will bring along the kit to store thecord blood for you. that you will have to pack together with your hospitalbarangs and give them before delivery.

hello mummies...

Fuzzybear, your boss is a lady huh?? got feel for your subordinate? she nv give you the due respect, how can your subordinate respect you?

Val, hope your bb be good and arrive only on EDD... at least dun arrive early...
I keep talkin to #2 now too to only arrive on 28 Nov...
but everytime my #1 talks to him, he will end with see you soon... hahahaha...

wrinkle, have a good rest while waiting....

Back