(2013/06) June 2013

Kome, maybe tomorrow is better?? There were still a lot of sets like sterilizer, Medela pumps etc. I think it's the big discount items like strollers, baby chair etc that will go OOS today

hi mummies..sounds like mosre shopping up ahead...wish i had the time and energy to do more fun things like that..haha

i'm super tired today..feeling the fatigue...to the point everyone kept asking if i am ok coz i look really drained..do u all feel suddenly more tired recently? i'm not sure if this has something to do with pregnancy or that i am coming down with something
sad.gif

i just stayed up late (beyond 12mn) the past 2 days due to conf calls...am contemplating to take off tomorrow and work from home..else i'm working more than 15hrs a day and i'm just so tired
sad.gif

mabelths, wa... 15 hours' no joke. even a normal person will be drained. i've been working the normal 9am to 6pm hours, there're days when i feel a nap will help a lot. my hubby suggests that i request for hospitalization leave from mid-May onwards to rest at home.

mabelths, your job sounds very tiring... I'm usually asleep around 9-10 cos follow my #1, then up at 4-5, and continue sleeping again... If I'm not sleeping by 10, start to feel tired

Kome, anything in particular you are looking for?

congrats Zaraa!
happy.gif

yea..i'm so totally switched off work now..cant concentrate at all..brain is just fried..but that would mean work will pile up...feeling quite bleah...hahaa

usually i get into the office by 8.30am...and leave by abt 8pm..but back at home i am on conf calls, sometimes till 10pm/11.30pm..then still have follow-ups to do after the calls..i wonder how my boss does it since she has 2 kids..

hubby is asking me to quit my job eventually after delivery..hahaa..am actually contemplating..esp i wont want to be so busy and travel so much when baby arrives...

birdbird
my bb weigh only 318g at week20. wow they grow so fast! yeah every month my gynae will test my urine for g.diabetes too....

mabelths
your working hours are so long....i even have to take a short nap after lunch....(20mins or so).... pei fu pei fu...

zaraa
I have booked mine too. Same as my first child but dunno whether will clashed with her annual company retreat or not...keeping my fingers crossed...

mothercare sales update from mothercare FB page.
Baby Fair Update: It takes about 2hrs to enter store. Early bird specials items had all been snapped up!

Just my personal opinion, for some mums, it might be a good idea to rest well before delivery because once the baby is here, might need to get up at night or every 4hrs as well to bf....can be quite taxing...
happy.gif

noscon - I know right! Since my detailed check up 4weeks ago, baby has practically doubled its size!

Oh I didn't realise the urine test strip was to detect gestational diabetes :p I just do it everytime and show the nurse.

mabelths - gosh please don't let work take a toll on your health and baby's. Trust you'll know when to stop and like your hubby says, stop work early and rest well before baby's arrival
happy.gif

Tricia - yes I ordered the Avent microwave steriliser (amongst other things) from uk, hasn't come to me yet as my friend's bringing it back. Have you got one?

Chewie
I am not looking anything in particular. Just shop shop than see if I need anything.

Oh dear.....I sleep the earliest. I will go to sleep with my son at ard 8.30pm. But still feel tired coz normally will not be able to sleep at the middle of the night lor.

Noscon
Gt 4hrs of sleep after bb born is already good. My 2 sons woke up every 2hrs even when taking formula milk. All the way till they are 2yrs old lor.

kome

must be very tough on you....until 2yo is really a challenge... i woke up every 3-4hours initially....thankfully confinement lady also help out...

the strip tests for glucose and protein levels in the urine. however, sometimes the gynae may ask for a blood glucose test, where they make you fast and then take your blood, followed by a glucose drink and your blood at every hour. it's not compulsory, usually only needed if your parents hv diabetes or if the baby is exceptionally large. cos diabetes lead to big babies too.

need to get some opinion on moses baskets or those swinging cots fr mothercare. anyone has experience with them? do they last 3-6 months for an average sized baby? what abt for a larger than normal baby?

Tricia - not too sure, but so far I haven't seen one here in sg. I ordered from boots.co.uk - super cheap. Avent bottles are easily half price or less compared to sg, so are the pumps. Tommee Tippee also has a larger range there at better price. If you've friends or relatives who can bring back for you that's big savings, especially now with the ££ so low.

Och - I had a Moses basket for no.2 didn't find it useful.
British brand but not Mothercare.

She outgrew it at ard 2 months plus, it definitely won't last until 6mths because most babies generally flip / sit up before that.

If you want something compact and portable for bb to sleep in maybe consider those convertible baby bed/rocker/high chair - Combi and Aprica and I think lucky baby brands.

absentmama, u've addressed my main concern with moses basket. we r still wondering whether to buy a cot or just go with a short term solution, like a moses basket. we probably won't hv another kid, and it seems a terrible waste to get another cot which the baby will only be in for a yr+.

i've tried those high chairs u mentioned. i don't feel terribly secure abt leaving the baby on them somehow.

By the way, I just tested. Avent bottles and steam sterilizer can direct ship to SG from amazon so no worries abt packaging and expensive comgateway costs. I'm not sure if the total amount is much cheaper than SG price. Let me know what items you are keen, I can give it a try

hi mummies.. for the spree, which price shld i be looking at? theres two prices... and also, once i confirm my order, what shld i do next? haiyo.. im so blur now..

You shld be looking at the lowest price. After confirm your order, chek with Chewie if she needs you to pay first or just wait for the stock to arrive first than collect payment.

Kome, thanks for your help
happy.gif
Regarding the sterilizer, I had checked up on it. Should not buy as it is different model from SG. This model is SCF284/05 which is 110V. SG model is SCF284/01

Realised I mentioned steam sterilizer in my post... I was referring to the microwave sterilizer

hapieger, you submitted your order? Cos I just received one.

<font color="119911">Hi hapieger, if you get an automated email from the site, it means I got your order. You have to go through all the checkout steps ok
happy.gif
</font>

Hi chewie, did u get my order? I dint receive any automated email from the sitr but I gt ur email... not sure am I doing it correctly...

Och, I understand.. But honestly the Moses basket is probably only good for the first 3 mths max.

Dunno how old is your no.1 but my oldest treated it as a toy/ boat and wanted to climb inside and play! Quite dangerous then cos it wasn't built to withstand a two-yr old. We had the Moses basket stand and she would rock it violently (sibling jealousy). So when we put it down on the floor and she climbed in and squashed the baby. If baby isn't in it she would drag the basket around, dump her stuff inside etc. quite a nightmare
happy.gif

Moses basket Prob more suitable for a first baby or only if the age gap between the kids is very big.

Maybe get those slimmer bb cots (using the smallest sized mattress) on wheels then? My cousin had one which fitted through doors so she can wheel it from room to room

Ikea has affordable small cots but no wheels I think..

Alternatively, if you have those more atas baby prams (offhand can only think of buggaboo) another solution is to use the pram bassinet as a Moses basket. This is actually more sturdily built than the basket itself and also good for up to 6 months. Or even longer. One Swiss mum I knew kept her daughter in the bugaboo chameleon bassinet until 9-10 mths

But I have only ever seen the ang mohs doing that.. S'pore too hot to even consider getting the bassinet in the first place I guess..

No mention of baby fair on taka event page for march.... Dunno whether they will really organize one in march or not.....a bit doubtful now...
sad.gif
so if u got something to buy, can go down to mother care sales...today is 1st day for public....

hi absentmama,
there's a 7 yr gap between my kids. essentials like bathtub n baby cots hv long exited my house. however, surprisingly, i find a lot of baby books and toys still lying around.

my #1 had the standard cot that converts to toddler bed, but we find that the width of the cot started to bother her at 1+ yr old, cos turning will cause her to knock into the sides of the cot. she was in a single bed by 1.5 yrs old. hence i'm somewhat relunctant to pay too much for a cot now, but i cannot seem to find a reasonably priced alternative that can last till 1 yr old. tried looking at 2nd hand wooden rocking baskets, but it seems that those don't last past 6 months too.

My SIL works at Taka and I was told baby fair is from 6th to 24th March. However do still keep a look out for official announcements. More shopping coming our way! Experienced mummies, how would you compare Taka Baby Fair sale to the others?

och - Have you considered IKEA cots? They've a range and are quite reasonable, at a budget you can probably get one with mattress for around $100+. Or you might want to consider second hand cot - many are being advertised on gumtree, Craigslist, etc. I'd get a new mattress though, for safety and hygiene purpose.. Kiddy Palace sells mattresses in various sizes for pretty low prices.

birdbird

Good to hear that!
happy.gif
Really looking fwd to that... I'm just wondering why they announce their sales this late...

gd morning mummies! i took urgent leave today so i can rest at home! feeling so happy now..hahaa...i just replied my urgent emails just now and i'm going to switch off work...dont care
happy.gif

thanks for your advice~ yea...i was working till i'm seriously dead tired last night and feeling so guilty as a mummy...so i told myself I'm going to just take a break today
happy.gif
))

will catch up on my sleep but dont think i will be heading down to mothercare sales...think i need to be packing my house as the 'baby room' is still quite a mess...so far what i've bought is just dumped there..haha

i may head down for the taka sales instead..will be better for me since it is central and i have taka vouchers to clear!

Morning mummies
Taking half day leave in the afternoon. Might not be going to Mothercare fair already. Did not sleep well as usual and headache coming. Most importantly, never see never buy. Save money. I need to do some housekeeping also. My house is in chaos now.

Good morning mummies!

Wanted to head down to the mothercare fair after my appointment with ob today but looking at the madness queueing, will give it a miss. So disappointing. Hopefully the Taka sale will be much better!

Have a great Friday you all! and rest well the weekend!

morning mummies and thank you, chewie mummy.. finally managed to place my order tgt with the spree.. haha...im really bad at it! so sorry abt it..

yup, im waiting for the taka sales too.. at least the queue is still bearable.. (=

Yes hapieger, placed all the orders last night. It's a great try for a first time online shopper!

I'm quite (pleasantly) surprised that most of the mummies used the Wishlist function and managed to submit the order on my site accordingly. The Wishlist makes it very easy for me to place orders and also reduce errors in choosing colours/ sizes manually. Items should arrive in about 2 weeks time and I will contact you all again via the site to see how you want to collect/ courier.

och, how about considering playpen? Problem is end up buying many mattresses... I have 4 mattresses :p I like playpen cos the sides are soft, don't need to pad (1 less thing to wash), hence I feel it is not as hot. The most basic Latido one sold at Kiddy Palace or Mums &amp; Babes is $79.

I will head over to Mothercare during lunch later. Update you all on the queue situation. If got queue I'll just skip lah... still got 10 more days

That's a good idea, a playpen/ travel cot instead. Can fold away when no longer in use, quite compact. Planning to get one to put at mom's house when she starts looking after the kid after I start work.

hi chewie.. yup cant wait to receive the items.. let us know if there's more spree coming up! heehee!

i prefer playpen than cot cos of the wooden part.. i scare they will injure themselves... :p
kiddy palace still have the $79 ma? went down a few times but the cheapest i saw is $99... hmmm shall check it out at kiddy again..

btw, anyone can recommend a cheap &amp; light stroller? <$150... prefer not bulky &amp; must be able to lie flat... for overseas use... my elder one cannot sleep upright and my combi is too bulky for overseas trip.. sigh..

After yest's round at MC..ive been 'banned' from spending more money..ahah been restricted w a final budget..bleah!! but ok la i also v heartpain..by right shld b not much to spend for #2 since age gap so close..ahah dont dare to even tink of taka fair now..but then again normally taka fair i buy big tix items also..small small one..dont see a need to go there n squeeze w pple to get..v hot n stuff le...

anyway just an update..quinny zapp sold! left with blue bonbebe n letting go at $100 if anyone interested..
happy.gif

mummync
Can PM me the photo? Can show my mom if she need to get 1 for my nephew or not. Coz i lent her mine but when my gal is born, i will need it back.

kome - jus pm u...see if u receive my pm..been having some probs w it..

hapieger - have also pm u again..see if u get my msg..thanks

thanks kome.. will take a look at this stroller again..

hi mummync, can the blur bonbebe lie flat? btw, i cant receive ur PM..

Chewie
Thanks for letting me know abt the steriliser. Just know how to buy but don't know about the different in voltage etc.

Back