(2013/01) Jan 2013

Baby Shower Buffet

Hi Mummies, i am so confused over which caterer to use for Baby's Full Month buffet..

Can any mums recommend me your preferred caterer?

Thanks in advance

Hello mummydt
My preferred buffet caterer is orange clove. Last used them in Jan 2013. Delivery is on time and service is good.

mummydt,
I second Mummy G - I like Orange Clove too! I have personally used them several times and also for my office events too and they always deliver on time and there are good comments from guests. Tho under Neo Group, but food is nicer and less mass-produced.

Hi to all moms!
I was at the baby fair this evening. Quite a number of people were there.
Just to share, was able to buy Huggies(NB and small) from their booth. So many people were buying and queue to collect was so long.
sad.gif

NB was priced only at 10 dollars for 3packs. A lot of savings since a pack costs 6.90 at FairPrice.
We also bought few items from pigeon, avent, gaia and mustela.
Check out the fair.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!
am back after a busy weekend = )

Aspialle, Ryan,
Yep my baby is awake most of the time during the day. Just very short naps in morning, afternoon and early evening. So far he can sleep ard 4 hrs a stretch at nite. But he makes alot of noise at nite (mostly from stretching but he nvr wake up type), so i still wake up quite often to check on him. Only once he slept for 6 hrs stretch, was so happy to get sleep myself!

Yep, i'm on FB. How do i find you gals? my email is [email protected]. The profile pix is my gal and ah boy.

Hi Joey, actually we just went PD this sat. He only ask me if i switch FM. I said no, all along ah boy drinks S26. He thinks it's likely wind or runny nose. So gave me wind drop and nose drop. Nvr say lactose intolerance, but it nvr strike me that it cld be! Thanks for highlighting! I'll continue to monitor.

Windsor queen,
So good ur bb can sleep thru a 4 hour stretch at night. Mine still wake up every 2-2.5 hours for feeding.

Milk rash
N my bb still have milk rash on his cheeks, any remedy from any mums? It usually becomes better but once he cry it will worsen, seems to be triggered more by his angry crying then milk.

Hi serene
hv to try to keep baby up during the day. Dun know why my baby dun want to sleep during day, actually very tiring also and end up cant do household chores and other stuff.

Altho he sleeps thru for 4 hrs, he's a noisy sleeper, make alot of noise when stretching or maybe he even snores? So end up at nite i also hv to wake up to check on him.

Yes, my baby also hv red spots on his cheeks! Is that milk rash? I scare fungus or heat rash. Forgot to ask PD last sat = P

Windsor queen,
My bb also make a lot of funny sounds when he sleeps n grunts a lot when he stretches. Husband says he sleep talks like me, cos when he is on night shift he heard bb make sound on one side n me also making noises on the other side. Haa

Windsor queen,
My baby rashes on the cheeks looks blotchy n red n a bit dry. From far like put on blusher. I dunno whether it is milk rash or baby acne. Apparently got a few types of rashes n I cannot distinguish between them. Going to get aloe Vera gel n apply for him to see whether it works.

serene, windsorqueen
my bb had baby acne too. but has cleared and now looks smoother. when he had bb acne, it looks worsen when he cries.
windsor, i try to add u

baby acne

Ryan_Leroy,

my little gal recently has also been spotting acne (some white red spots) on her face, ears, neck

sometimes they go away after a day or two, sometimes the breakout is alot. Hub is concern and wanted to bring her to the Doc, but MIL says its norm for babies to have such spots (says it purging out the heat within).

How true are they? I really dont want the spots to leave permanent scars on her face...

Hi Ryan & mummydt

my baby also has neonatal acne, which is quite bad, I think. My mum got her some dried honeysuckle(known as Jing Yin Hua) from the medical hall. Soak in hot water, cool it then apply it using cotton pad (like mask) for few mins, It subsided within a few days.

I was very skeptical about this method too but it really works. A small pack cost 50cents or a dollar. No harm trying..

About Baby acne:
My ger recently had a lot of them and it feels rough so it starts bothering me. I went around and ask people and got 2 same reply, one of them from the pharmist - apply zinc cream (mostly diaper cream will be fine, i used Mustela vitamin Barrier cream with 10% zinc). Not sure the results, but i am trying it.I am also using the Mustela no-rinse Cleaning liquid to clean her face first using a warm moist cotton ball.
happened to be at the Mustela booth yesterday at the bb fair..
happy.gif

I've been using avent bottle for my boy for 2 months. Tot of changing to nuk as there's wind in his tummy. But he refuse to suck the nuk teat.. Is there any way to teach him how to suck on the new teat?

hi ladies,
just finished a concall this morning, only had chance to login now.

Ryan, i accepted the invite but oddly it actually showed me a msg that i'm no longer of member of the grp. Sorrie, not sure if you need to resend invite = P

Mummies, my ah boy also hv red spots on his cheeks and forehead! Heard from aunty that it's heat rash. Then another friend say baby acne. My hubby lagi better, say it might be ringworm coz on the left cheek, the spots actually formed a circle! Make me panic now. But he say we go PD on sat, so ask me to just clean more often with water...

xycartx, need to change bottles? My ah boy is using avent too. But nowadays we managed to expel wind by using ridwind, applying more ruyi oil (mummies here recommend telon oil which i can't find yet, will try once i can get my hands on it) and we also now kiasu, we use tummy binder. Altho now the binder is too small for my ah boy. So you see, me kiasu and kiasi, everything all power combo together = )

WindsorQueen, wanted to let him try nuk since its highly recommended as anti colic. He's drinking gripe water instead of ridwind. If still cant relieve the wind in his tummy,will try ridwind instead

Windsor queen,
Yesterday I started applying the aloe Vera gel I got from Guardian pharmacy for my boy's face rashes,so far so good, seems less red n less dry already. Hopefully will be effective n the rashes will go away after a few days. Will monitor n update again if it is effective.

Serene, aloe vera is very effective.
anyway the red spots will disappear once you stop taking confinement food or heaty food.

happy.gif

xycartx

bb vomiy while burping, will see if bb request for it. most of the time after burping no matter vomit nt,or will ask for more.

xycartx

how long fm to be kept? u mean after mix with hot water?

i will suggest throw when turning cold since bb's saliva added. bacteria grow as time pass with temp down.

morning mummies!

thanks ryan!

HI xycartx, oic. On milk bottle becoz i already buy the whole series (diff sizes) from avent, will try to stick to it. else waste monie = P Previously i also try gripe water, not much effect. But ridwind works for my ah boy pretty well! Surprisingly killed those wind issue ard 2 days. But of coz sometimes ah boy will still vomit but only once a day.

Hi serene, cool! i'll ask hub to look for aloe vera gel then. I confirm for my ah boy, it has to be milk rash coz after 2 days of frequently cleaning of his face with just wet towel, condition improved! so definitely not ringworm that my hubby claims it to be. Thankfully = )

Hi mummies

I have 4 tins of S26 Gold (Stage 1) to let go. Am selling cheap as the expiry date is 20 June 2013. Selling coz I am breastfeeding so I can't finish my stock in time.

Letting go one tin $30. All 4 at $100.

Pls self collect Hougang Ave 3. If keen, pls email me at [email protected]. Cheerz!

my baby still sleeps after feeding in the day. so far she only sleeps through 5 hours in the night once. other than that she wakes up every 2.5hours.

any tips to let baby sleeps through the night?

and, i don't know if baby is colic because she always cries alot at night. I have tried both ridwind and gripe water, and I am using nuk teat already
sad.gif

Windsor queen n Sylvia,
The aloe Vera gel is very effective. After applying for 3 days, his rashes subsided already. Yay!
We clean his face with water and applied the gel on his face thrice per day. It works well.
The gel is called Jorubi Aloe Vera gel, we bought the smallest bottle for $3.90 from Guardian. Cheap n effective.

Hi

I'm a mom from the June 2013 thread and thinking of organising a group buy for Studioplay(previously SeanLau) package. I have organised one for my 1st child together with >30 mums before. If you are interested, please pm me or email me at [email protected]. Minimum no. for this groupbuy to go ahead is 10 mums. All interested mums will be notified by email once this groupbuy is confirmed. Please introduce your friends to this so that we can enjoy more benefits. If we hit 30 mums, more discounts can be expected. Thank you.

I'm only doing groupbuy for their Wall Art B package(original price: $280).

Please take a look at their works @ www.studioplay.com.sg and see if you like their style.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Studioplay.com Groupbuy promotion</font></font>

WALL ART B (Original price: $280)

- TWO PAX

- THREE IMAGES

- ONE 8" x 10" PICTURE WITH FRAMING

- TWO 5" x 7" PICTURES

- SIX 4" x 6" REPRINT PICTURES

- PERSONALISED DVD OF SELECTED THREE PICTURES

- TWO HOURS STUDIO SESSION

<font size="+1">For 10 mums</font>
<font color="ff0000">The groupbuy price is $250. Discount of $30 </font>

<font size="+1">For 20 mums</font>
<font color="ff0000">The groupbuy price is $230. Discount of $50 </font>

Other details:

- WEEKEND SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT $35 ADDITIONAL

- ADDITIONAL PAX WITH INDIVIDUAL SHOTS CAN BE INCLUDED AT $50/PAX

Hi to all mums out there.
Im a first time mom and my baby is now two months old.
I was supposed to deliver end of jan but delivered 26th Dec due to eclampsia. My baby was a premie at 34 weeks and 5 days. Thank God that she did not go thru encubator. She is a strong baby. Did not encounter any health problems with baby up to now except for colic (which is difficult to manage also).
Anyways, wanted to chk with the mums what formula are u using? We are using Similac Total Comfort frm birth. Im thinking of switching to S26 or Nan. Any thoughts?

Hi, sgtwist, why switch fm when ur bb is ok with it? heard from some people, if the fm ur bb is taking is ok for her then continue for it. change only when bb is 6mths or 1 yr old.

Heard that s26 makes bb fat. if u want ur bb to b big size and fat, then can go for this. my girl is taking Nan pro 1 since birth and she is going 4 mths now and poo very 'nice' :D

Hi Sushi and jaslyn.

Thanks for the input.

Baby is doing well with Similac, just wondering what fm is recommended by pds? Pd recommended to us once was Friso but baby got diarhea.
sad.gif

SGTwist,
Any reason why your gal taking Similac Total Comfort instead of normal Similac?
I read comments that subsequent step 2 onwards for Friso is much sweeter compared to other brands and also if u compare the nutrients (DHA etc) it is lesser too. My boy and in future didi will also take Dumex Mamil Gold. Haha supposed to be established n #1 in Europe so should be alright!

Sushi
At first my baby is on goat milk formula but switch him to s 26. Some people says similac causes constipation , not sure if its true thus I switch to s26. His stool is ok, not hard. My baby is born big, now at 2 months consider big!!

Hi aspialle, i do heard people commented (included my brother who gave his son similac 10yrs ago) that similac is very heaty thus might cause constipation. Think cos of s26, ur bb is big size. but well, as long as he is doing alright then no worry
happy.gif

my girl is very small size (mayb got my genes) :D she is born very small n now also dont drink much
sad.gif
but her face n legs n hands look chubby, think should be ok :D

Hi mummies, my girl got some white patches on her face n neck. can anyone advise / recommend cream to cure this? thks. worry it will get bigger n bigger le
sad.gif

SGTwist, I was in the same situation as u for the delivery. My baby was 34w5d when born and I had preeclampsia too. Are u clear of the high blood pressure after birth? My baby was in the incubator for 1 day upon delivery as he was only 2.145kg when born.

Hi mummies!!
Sorry to intrude! I'm from july13 forum. Wonder if you could share with me your massage lady contact and price? I have yet to book mine and am totally lost on getting one. Greatly appreciate your help!!!
happy.gif
thank you so much!

Hi Joey,
My baby girl was born weighing 2.2kg only but thankfully she did not have to go thru incubator.
Does your baby got colic now? How old is your baby boy?
Im not taking meds for bp for 3 weeks now and sometimes i still got headache.
How is your bp?

Back