(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

Hi JessBear

I did my scope at KKH too but becos I'm a private patient, the costs for a day surgery was about $5800. Less medisave, my cash payout was about $2400. It may be cheaper if i wasn't a private patient. I think it may be good for u to do a scope to check for endo as it may affect the chances of conceiving too. You will be put under general anesthesia and for me, I had two keyhole surgery done. Not much pain since there was GA and doc will give you some painkillers after that. I was quite surprised abt the 2-week hospitalization leave as I thought I could go back to work the next day. Apparently, I needed to 'heal from the insides' thus was supposed to rest for 2 wks. Good thing my company and team mates were able to cover my duties at the last minute since I didn't do any handover in anticipation of the long absence. Just be careful of possible infections like I had - that was the painful part as I experienced pain whenever I go to the toilet till I had to go and see a GP and was put on antibiotics. Lastly, you'll need someone to bring you home after that as you may still feel groggy after the GA. Hope all goes well for you
happy.gif

Just wanna share tips no 3 from Beth Kiley

Okay, let's dive right in to tip #3,direct from chapter 4 in my e-book,Personal Path to regnancy.

In it, I give you all the details on many vitamins that you and your partner can be taking that can have a significant impact on your fertility. You would be amazed!

For now, I'm going to talk about one that you need to avoid, as it can actually ruin your chances of getting pregnant if you take the wrong dosage. What am I talking about?

I'm talking about Vitamin C. Here's the deal. Taking some vitamin C is actually a great idea,
because vitamin C (in small doses) can do something wonderful to increase your fertility. It actually improves your cervical fluid. You may know that the cervical fluid is crucial for transporting the sperm to your cervix and on to your uterus, where it will eventually meet up ith your egg. Without good quality cervical fluid, the sperm just doesn't have a chance of surviving for very long.
But here's the catch...Too much vitamin C can have the opposite effect. Yeah, that's right...too much can cause your cervical fluid to dry up, and that can just about ruin your chance of ever getting pregnant. So you must be extremely careful to avoid taking high doses of vitamin C supplements (especially during cold and flu season where we're often advised
to load up on vitamin C).

How much is too much?? I would recommend 500mg of vitamin C supplements daily, or you can go as high as 1000mg, but definitely do not take more than 1000mg per day.

Best regards and "baby dust" to you,

Beth

gimme_a_break> I went with 5 oranges, 5 colour flowers [cut ones]. Then go to counter and tell them you want to pray to zhu sheng niang niang. They will tell you to buy one of the set of joss stick & incense paper. Then you ask the counter auntie or uncle how to pray, how to say. They will teach you. Then I will usually wash the orange & flowers and put them on the plates provided. My hb will usually pray to the rest of the god there first before we pray to zhu sheng niang niang. I strike after going there to pray to her for the first time. Good luck!!!!!

I went to the one at Toa Payoh Cheng Huang Miao.

Ya, you go to any flower stall in the market. tell them you want a packet of 5 colour flower. You can bring those with stems but i find it too bulky to place on that small table, so prefer cut ones. I look thru to make sure that there are 5 diff colours. LOL!

Some say it's the shuang lin shi temple, some say is cheng huang miao. so i dunno what is the exact name. must go there to see again.

in shuang lin shi temple.. there's a lot of mini temples... the zsnn is in cheng huang miao.. its teh first one on ur left after u enter the gate. i went there to pray, and on that very month, i strike already. =)

mm act i pray to zsnn for that trip, then balance joss sticks we went to pray $$ god. haha we jus brought oranges. but after we strike, we brought eggs to return. then some other girls from other forum went to take the eggs. heard will spread baby dust.

of cause we did other more practical tings.. like seeing fertility dr, going tcm, taking vits and all. so pls dont jus rely on praying... =)

Just to share.
This morning I went to Shuang lin temple. There are two ZSNN statues in the temple. I checked with the Aunty selling joss sticks. Accordingly, if u wish to bring bck the offering u can do so. Just inform ZSNN before u bring back.

However, if you promised to repay ZSNN kidness with eg: X number of eggs for blessing u with bb, these eggs shd not be brought back!

Some people tends to bring home the flowers (used for praying) and use the flowers for bathing (for lucks and blessing).. Take note you can only use it for washing hands and face. DO NOT USE to wash the other parts of your body. It is believed that using the flowers to wash other parts are not respectful to the god/goddess.

Tethysea>do u have the recipe for red dates longan?

My hb diagnosed with v low sperm morphology/quality.... Anyone has any multivit/gd recipe to recommend?;) thanks in advance! Heard that ginseng is good....

<font color="000080">Emily >> I drank packet ones that I bought from econs mini mart / some TCM shops also have... the brand I bought is called "Madam Kim" (金贵人). I think some other girls on the thread shared their recipes before though - something like equal number of longan n red dates, just boil everything together or soak in v hot water.

I heard that Korean ginseng good for improving guy's sperm quality. There's a brand of multivit sold in Guardian's Pharmacy called Immuvit that's supposed to be pretty good - the IVF and IUI ppl are prescribed it. But it's expensive lar, like $80+ per bottle.</font>

Hi tethysea, thanks! Yah the nutrients in there are q rich, shall give it a try;)

Can I know what u took to nourish your body after your d&amp;c? Did your doc check why u m/c?

U should be due soon, so envious of your dragon bb;) if only, my bb is still around....

<font color="000080">Emily >> Doc didn't check why I m/c, because apparently it's very common. So mostly just rested well for a month, eating balanced diet. I also started eating multivit and drinking chicken essence on alternate day after the m/c, because last time my BBT was always very low and I suspected it had something to do with the m/c. I made my hubby eat multivit also, because take 2 healthy ppl to make healthy baby mah ;) Oh and I used to be very stressed out, so make the conscious effort not to stress about stupid things like work and all that lor... positive mindset is half the battle won I think
happy.gif

Emily, don't need to be envious... yours will come soon
happy.gif
Jiayou and don't stress out about it, listen to your body and just go with the flow!</font>

Tethysea> what multivit u took? BBT=body basal temp? I always feel cold recently too, not sure it's weather or me....

I try drinking ginger tea and red dates&amp; longgan drink. You took bottled chic essence?

Hi I'm from ttc#2 thread, i'm going to pray zsnn in toa payoh tomorrow, since many in this thread pray before, i want to check with u all again, i will bring 5 oranges n 5 color flower, then go there pray n take 2 eggs(if available), and tell ZSNn will come back to huan yuan when BFP, is that all?

thanks for advice..

<font color="000080">Emily >> Multivit I took normal ones for women (I think cheap cheap one from 21st century) when before 1st AF report because not trying yet, then I switched to ConceiveWell after that.

Yar I'm not so hardworking, I just drank bottled chicken essence :p And the LRD also, about 2 cups a day I think.</font>

hi ladies, just checking whether anyone of u is using Conceive Plus lubricant?
i just bought one tube recently but not sure how to insert the liquid. do we insert the liquid into our vagina or at the 'entrance' of the vagina?
thks for the advice

Sorry to intrude ... I have conceived recently after a long period of TTC. Have the following BNIB for sale:

1) One bottle Vigor-ACE (male consumption) containing 30 soft gel capsules. Retails at almost $29 at KK Pharmacy (after GST), to let go at $25 only.

2) 21 OPKs (20 mIU) and 6 HPTs (10 mIU)to let go at $12 only. Expiry in Dec 2012 (3 strips) and Mar 2013 (the rest).

Prefer self-collect at Tg Pagar MRT or Tampines MRT. Please PM me if keen. BB dust to all who are TTCing.

=.= angry.. call up two clinic ask whether gynae around or not. both also not around.

any recommended gynae at hg, serangoon, sengkang?

Ytd I went to the clinic at Bishan. Waited for awhile and managed to see dr chan the gynae. Did ultra scan n managed to see the egg.

Anyone been there before ? I paid $232 consultation $80 ultra scan $80 injection $60 folic acid $12. Isit ex ?

Rainy, I used conceive plus back den when Im Trying to conceive. I apply inside.. I put on my finger and insert into vagina before bd.. Some outside.. I oso help my hubby apply. I jus apply on all area la.. My thking is from start of e troop
Come out help us given and it will swim smoother to e egg.. So I try to insert as deep as possible.. Haa

Anyway, im Back from detail scan..

Bb not cooperative.. No matter how e person shake press push bb jia wouldn't turn up.. Haa.. Den I was told to go lunch den come back..

Den come back bb only turn up awhile den turn down again.. E person toh long lo.. Keep calling baby baby.. Dun like tat.. Turn up.. Whole process took us 1 1/2 hrs lo.. Haiz..

Den I say bb if u dun turn up den i dun give u chocolate Liao.. Den bb turn side way.. Lol..

Well, bb Is good.. Everything fine.. Edd still same.. Length 16cm, est weight is 338g.. Which I thk bb is slight taller and heavier den avg.. As compare to e chart I see in e bb bump.. Haa.. So I'm quite happy tho I didn't really get any tonic ever since I'm preggy except once my mom Cook bird nest for me.. Other den tat, no more.. So bb can grow bigger den avg I'm so happy and bb is healthy!! =D

As for gender, confirm BOY!! Haa.. We decided to name him Castiel.. Well as least for now tats what we short list first now.. Maybe later will change.. Dunno.. Haa.. =D

Baby dust to u ladies oh.. =D

<font color="000080">VaNiLLa >> Are you a fan of the tv show Supernatural? LOL. Congrats on the healthy baby boy!</font>

Tethysea, Muahahahaha.. Not really but hubby and I both watched all the season of supernatural... Haa.. But when we are thking for e names we looked thru many and we r both in financial industry. So my hubby even said ok.. Name our boy wat mond wat mond, Raymond etc.. Den I say eeeekkk.. Den he say ok.. Den endowment.. I was like -_-'''.. I still investment leh.. Insurance.. Lol.. Den he suddenly tot of Castiel tis name.. Which I thk really not bad.. Cuz unique.. Haa..

Still thking of got other nicer one.. Haa.. =D

Hi ladies,

I will like to sell the following items as I will be using the Clearblue fertility monitor:-
1) 9 Clearblue digital ovulation test sticks (expiry 06/2012)
2) 4 Clearblue digital ovulation test sticks (expiry 01/2013)
3) 15 One Step Ovulation test strips (expiry 06/2013)

I will like to sell all the above at $55. Please PM me if interested.

just step in to say HI

tethysea didnt know u still active here
happy.gif

Dont know any more "senior" still actively post here beside gingerbreader....

congrats vanilla04

<font color="000080">SJX >> Heh heh, yar must pop by and give more encouragement and bbdust mah... hee. Cos I know it's tough!</font>

<font color="000080">SJX >> No no, I meant I give bbdust lar! You of course must come back and give bbdust when you strike, no escaping! Hee hee.

But IVF better lar... dun have to scared etopic again. Avoid that problem liao confirm you will have sticky sticky bean! Jiayou! *showers bb dust on you*</font>

morning tethysea
happy.gif

haaa ya that y i am back here to grab bbdust :p
how many weeks/ month now?? gender?

ya i thought IVF will be a final choice and also a better choice for me...
really tire of worrying, at least IVF chances to get IVF is lesser....

Spreading bb dust to all !!!

I ttc since July .. finally went to a doctor in paragon .. she was really good .. just i round of clomid and follicle tracking and we hit jackpot ...

For those who would like to try her pls pm me .. she really quite good ... used to be ivf expert in kk .... but for me only one round of clomid ... nw alrdy 11 weeks..

Once again .. baby dust to you all!!

nahnah, i'm interested to know which gyane u went to. tried to pm but also failed. or could u put dw the gyane contacts here? how's her rate like? is it expensive?

thks
happy.gif

<font color="000080">SJX >> Morning! Now I'm 30weeks+ liao... it's a "xiao long nu", haha. Can't believe made it this far and crossing my fingers for the last lap! You must jiayou jiayou also! I know IVF a lot of injections very tough. *hugs*</font>

hey tethysea,

OMG! so soon! was thinking like just yesterday we chat and now u 30plus week

actually i am kinda worry and anxious now, dont know what is the outcome for the IVF. i pretty worry and scare actually.. sigh
sad.gif

amazing right!

Hi Babysmurf (piglet02)
Scan... doc will need to scan....

<font color="000080">SJX >> Don't worry don't worry... worry not good for bb yar? Ping Chang Xin and don't think about it. Hope it's a sticky sticky potato for you!</font>

Rainy: thank you but my clomid is give by kkh dr. He only give me to try Ttc on my own while waiting for my IVF. So no scan.

Back