(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

<font color="000080">vanilla >> Hmmm my gynae also very rushed de, although I feel he's very experienced so even though he's quite impatient I still feel ok cos he gives ppl the feeling like "I deliver more babies than you've eaten rice"

There's another doc who my doc asks to help stand-in when he's on leave, Dr Brian Chow. I like his manners and he is very patient, last time when I had spotting he really take the time to do longer scan and explain everything to me. He has one clinic in Lucky Plaza and another clinic in Boon Lay.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Vanilla> I have seen both Dr Benjamin Tham &amp; Dr Brian Chow. Both are patient and takes time to explain. I feel Dr Tham is more gentle though. Currently I am with Dr Tham.Can consider either of them
happy.gif

Piggy> I did accupuncture before.It can increase the lining, strengthen the womb. Needles are placed on the abdominal area/stomach and leg for 20 minutes and back area for another 20mins.For guy,the troops indeed have improvement in terms of counts, mobility and morphology.I feel accupuncture did aid me in achieving bfp somehow.</font>

Ya.. I most probably will go for Dr benjamin tham.

Tho it's further. But I still feel most secure with a Gyane that is more patient and takes his time during scan and not too rush.

Actually I oso dilemma. One part I wan to delivery at KK. But the Gyane I wanted is not from KK. I felt that KK has e equipment for babies if anything were to happen. *touch wood*

Haiz..

Morning!

Bless03, thanks for your sharing. Since you said that acupuncture help you bfp, then I also decided will go for acupuncture treatment.
happy.gif

Btw, how much did you pay per session? I understand that have to go every week. Very siong leh... plus have to take leave for the acupuncture sessions.

Vanilla, I am just wondering if there are no good gynaes from KK? Can go as private patient at KK if you can find a good gynae there.

Piggy: KK so far I read de is John tee but he is also e chop chop kind. So I dun thk he is e kind of Gyane I'm looking for..

Anyway, any of u gals noe if dr tham does e Oscar scan or detail scan at the clinic itself? Or it is done by others de? How is his clinic like?

Oscar n detailed scan will be done by the sonographer at tmc... But I think Dr Tham will help u to check abit if u request. Cos Dr Tham wanted to check the fluid behind baby's neck for me, but my baby not in the right position thus he can't check. But he said can see nose bridge n everything looks normal. I feel he is very assuring
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Peggy>I pay $25 per session. My tcm physician ask me to do accupuncture prior to near ovulation, 3 days in a row. Tink no need to do every week.

Vanilla> Yup, Dr Tham will double check again besides the sonographer's scan and indeed he is assuring.</font>

Vanilla
I feel your pain &amp; cried when I read your story. I'm sorry that I'm kinda late. I heard it from one of the may mummies this afternoon. Be strong babe. He wanna you to be happy too ok. *hugS*

If you dont mind, you may wanna try my gynae. Dr Fong Yang.

Vanilla,

I feel so sorry when i read abt it on our May thread. U are so strong ! Jia You !

I am also seeing Dr Ben Tham at TMC just like CandyMix.

One of the reason i chose him is he is always very reassuring , detailed and wont make me feel "rushed". This is very impt for me even i am not a first time mum. Also i wanted a doctor whose clinic is together at the hospital so that in case wanna delivery he wont be caught in the jam.

Most impt i never have to wait more than 30 mins as he starts his appt early and I heard his nurse praised him for being hardworking. Start doing his rounds at the wards as early as 730am. I think u wont regret having him as gynae.

Hey vanilla.. Read ur story and felt your pain.. Hugz and pls hang in there! Le Le will definitely want you to be happy and stay strong for him.. Pls take care &amp; jiayou!

My gynae is prof john tee from kkh.. Though he is the chop chop kind.. I think he is also the gentle and patient type.. Who will answer all your questions.. Hmm perhaps u can try a few gynae at the start and see which one you are more comfortable with before deciding?

Vanilla - Read your post and I am so sorry for what had happened. Be strong and and I sure he will come back again as your dearest boy.

Just to share an experience from an ex-colleague who lost his dear gal at about 3 months due to multiple organs failure which was only picked up after birth (at about 2 weeks old) about a year or so ago . His wife recently gave birth to a beautiful pair of twin gals. I am sure you will be just as blessed.

I used to see Dr Ben Tham as well, as he was from KKH and yes, I chose KKH then as it was a 'mainstream' hospital (had the same mindset as you). However, if I am still pregnant, I would still go to Dr Tham as he was indeed patient, reassuring and to a large extend, kiasu when it concerns baby and mummy's health. He will do all the necessary referral, checks, etc. so I was very comfortable in his hands. I remembered I was having some discharge 3 days before I was due for induction and he called me back (after I left a message) and asked me to go back to the hospital after taking a good dinner. I was there at 9+pm and he came shortly after. Seems like he had waited in the hospital. Now that he has moved to pte, he defintely spends a lot more time with his patients and I think he will purposely space out his appts for such as well.

Vanilla, pray for you to recover from your lost and be strong.

I'm also seeing Dr Fong Yang now. Switch to him aft i mc my 2nd bb with my 1st gynae. Also learnt from the mc experience, that it's best to get a gynae who is more kan chiong of our well being.

Hi Vanilla,
I feel ur ache...Hugs..

Dr Adrian Woodworth was my sister's gynae but the sort who wont take any risks. His clinic is in sengkang and another place, not sure where.
He is in Mt A and TMC too...

Or u can try Dr CK KHOO in KKH...
I tried seeing Dr John Tee but was not comfortable with him as he is the chop chop guy.

I was comfortable with Dr Woodworth...

Hi Bless03, I started acu oredi. The doctor asked me to do BBT. And she asks me to go back every week wor.... sigh... have to take so many days leave from work. Sooner or later, Im gonna be black listed by my boss. I paid $50. But she said subsequent visit is $30.

Peggy- ic. I did bbt too. Where u did ur accunpuncture? Does it open at nite? Ur boss definitely will not be happy with u taking too many leaves. Or u wanna switch doc? I went to tcm Zou Yu min at amk, it is opens at nite &amp; weekend but it can be crowded at times so have to make apptment. Dun feel stress, I feel stress when I am ttc too as I have pcos condition but I try to take it easy &amp; I conceived during my trip at bkk
happy.gif
maybe u wanna take a short holiday, gd for a break away fr work too.

Vanilla, my heart goes to you for what you have to go through. Please do not blame yourself &amp; take care of your health. There are things happened beyond our control that we never know why, maybe God has a better plan for you.

I'm seeing Dr Lim AL at TMC, he is caring, assuring, never rush unless he got urgent operations to do. I'm on budget and his charge is very reasonable too, with free scan every visit.

Thanks all may mummies.. And of cuz people who I nv seen before.. Really thank you gals..

Thanks for all the encouragement.
happy.gif

Morning all! February is ending soon! Time flies...

Castiel mummy, JIA YOU!
happy.gif

Bless03, I did at NUH. AMK is too far as we stay in the west. We tried booking appointment at Dr Tan KS in Clementi, but the earliest is in end March 2012. So we just try the NUH one first and see how it goes.

The doctor, upon knowing that I use digital thermometer, asked me to switch to lead thermometer. She said the digital one is not accurate. I kinda think that the digital one is as accurate.

Dr John Tee delivered my baby. He will provide you an answer on whatever questions you have.

If there isn't any problem with your pregency, he won't talk alot.

Will see him if I got 2nd one.

Castiel mummy, please take care! Jia you!!

<font color="0077aa">Peggy> Oic, I stay in the west too but I will go to amk on weekend, as my frends recommend me and my mum lives in amk too. Drop by to my mum's place aft tat. Nevertheless I am glad that the sacrifices of travelling , etc are worth it
happy.gif
I use digital thermometer with 2 decimal points and not bbt thermometer. It is accurate enough and my phyisician never doubt the readings.</font>

Hi,
This Dr Benjamin Tham, does he see at KKH?
after my 2nd MC, am not going to take any risks and want a gynae who is not the sort who takes risks too...
I will be seeing a TCM this week and thinking of seeing a gynae next week to do scans and tests to see if there is something wrong...
I was given clomid again but wanna try without them...
MC in 2010, trying for almost 2yrs...
MC again Feb this year...lost bb at 6weeks...

hi Vanilla, I feel for u as I lost my son on the same day as u. It was my first pregnancy after ttc for 7+ months and I'm only in week 31. I totally agree with what you said about Dr Ang as I'm also one of his patient. Will not go back to him for my next pregnancy.

Sorry to intrude.
Hi all,

I have a box of brand new blackmores conceive well gold for sale - Expiry 09/06/12.

Letting go at $30. Will bundle with 6 piece of ovulation test strip FOC!

In addition, i have 40 pieces of ovulation test strip for sale at 50cents each. expiry 12/2012.

Email to [email protected] if you are interested.

Postage included.

Hi mummylenny,

Im so sorry. I cannot imagine your pain cuz yours is 31 weeks even more closer to due date le. But I understand the loss.

As for dr Ang, when I go back for my appt, apparently he din rmb who we r la. I oso nv expect him to rmb cuz he got so much patient. But I felt he is very sincere in explaining what happen to us tho he oso dunno wan is e real reason. No one noes. I have to wait for e KK placenta report den maybe have some clue, maybe yes maybe no.

He said it might be due to Pre term labor or womb infection. He say if its Pre term labor den my body is prone to tat de so next pregnancy high chances oso will like tat. As for womb infection he say can't detect de. Outside womb can test inside cannot. But he mention if Pre term labor bb should be born alive. But haiz.. He aid maybe it's really placenta abruption. He schedule to see me 8 weeks later lo. How abt u? What happen? Mine was a real healthy pregnancy, no low placenta or wat. Everything good. So when things happen I really tot it was a dream, a very bad dream. I had days whereby I woke up feeling like a dream, felt like I was nv pregnant before. All these are his ba dreams but when I look into e mirror and saw the still red stretch marks, that's e prove that castiel was here before. Can't denie. Haiz.. Have u got any bb le?

Tho I'm quite comfortable to dr Ang Liao but I really dunno if I wanna change Gynae. Will have to discuss it with hubby.

<font color="aa00aa">Vanilla,
I just read what happened to u.
Big enormous hugsss for u.
Saw u posted in the stillborn or is it the mid term termination thread.
I used to frequent those threads too after my 2 losses.
My heart really goes out to u.
I wont tell u i understand what u are going thru but i will tell u that u are not alone.
Im here.
I will listen if u need to talk.
I will lend u my shoulders if u need to cry.
Take your own time to grieve..take as long as u want.
I believe u know Monster from the other thread?
Its thru her story that gave me strength to carry on and try again.
Besides her i know a few other friends from that thread who had gone thru similar situations and now they are proud mothers.
Their stories, their courage, plus reading Farewell My Child daily made me stronger day by day.
I hope one day u will be too.
Castiel will that twinkling star up in the sky looking over u, your hubby and his future didis or meimeis.

Would really advise u not to go with Dr Ang.
He is too rushed to pay attention to details.
My gynae is Dr Adrian Tan as mentioned by blessmeplease.
Been with me thru my 2 losses and he is great.
Ben Tham is good too but when i conceived the third time round, he wasnt at tmc yet and i didnt want to go to kkh.
Normal scans are done in the clinic.
Oscar and detailed scan still to be done by the sonographer at the main diagnostic centre.</font>

So quiet so quiet!!!!

Nobody ttc-ing already ar??

Where is all the ttc-ing mates!!!

Come back and keep this thread active so I got something to do everyday.. So I can keep refreshing this page and see if there's new replies!!! Come back please!!! =D

Hi vanilla,

My appt was scheduled on 17/4 if I'm not wrong.

My baby was so healthy, every checkups are perfect but he died due to cord accident. I do agree that Dr Ang is sincere in explaining but he is not attentive enough. My visits with him usually not more than 10 mins.

I'm actually quite disappointed with what he said previously.. I asked him what causes the chord accident and his reply was: many reasons.. Anyway most stillbirth cases are young parents..

I'm ttc again, pray hard that God bless me with a healthy baby..

Mummy jenny, sorry for what happened. What is cord accident btw?

I guess the gynaes nowadays could be more symphatetic rather than just brush problems aside as trivial. They may see many miscarriages what comes with their jobs, but for the parents, each miscarriage is a heart ache.

Mummy jenny, I'm so sorry. U still have appt with Dr Ang? Meaning to say your incident oso happened very recent only? Seriously, all these things no pple should have to go thru lo.. And only those who went thru it will noe our pain.

Ya... Dr Ang is very sincere but I wanted another Gynae who will be more concern and give me more attention. So aft e next appt I most probably wun be going back to him le.

Now that I thk back. When I went back for e appt. he did a scan for me and during that time he mention something. He said something like ' how come it happen again?' inside I'm thking did someone lost a bb too like me? Same incident? Now I noe we shared e same Gynae maybe he was referring to u? And he said it in a very sad tone. I guess he really felt sad. I saw his expression and I heard his tone.

Ur menses cane back aft how long? After how long den u start ttc-ing again? He actually advise 3-6 months later. But I dun thk I'll wait tat long. Cuz even if I start ttc-ing now oso doesn't mean I'll strike. So by e time I strike oso should be a few months later ba..

Which Gynae will u be changing to? I'll most probably be changing to Dr Benjamin Tham. U?

I felt tat I might moved on on some days. But on some bad days I jus hope someone could give me a big hug and tell me it's ok to cry.. Tho I might look physically alright but mentally? I guess we all need time. Physically alright doesn't mean mentally is. How I wish all these were just a bad dream. But it's reality tat it's not. ESP the stretch marks. Haiz...

Mummy jenny: *big big hug*

Peggy, chord accident has many ways. For my case, baby turn too much and the cord was tangled so they is no oxygen intake.

Vanilla, we delivered on the same day. My baby came out in the evening. I do have appt with Dr Ang for papsmear and I guess after that appt I'm not going back to him.

I'm still considering which gynea to go to but am looking for a female gynea. I believe female gynea are more attentive compare to male.

Dr Ang also told me 3~6 mths butI guess 6 Weeks later after birth I will start trying as it is more fertile for the first 3 mths.

Ya, physically alright but mentally no.. ESP when I see my baby photo,I started crying again...

Let's work hard for baby!

Mummyjenny: ya.. I totally feel e same way as u do.. I oso have a appt with him for papsmear.. Same same on e pervious appt I wanna do papsmear but can't cuz still have a little blood do schedule to 24/04..

U gave birth at KK? I gave birth at KK. I have another appt at KK. At e same time to get e report for e placenta. So maybe we can noe reason, maybe yes maybe no. Lele's photo is with the social worker. I request for another one with e help of e social worker as my parents dun let me keep e photo of lele cuz they scare I'll go into depression. When I keep looking at e photo and I wun let him go. Den he can't go tou tai. That's what my mon says la.. But on e 2nd week I already can't rmb how lele looked like. I cried and blame hubby for not keeping e photo. Terrible.. Really.. Haiz... So now I'll have to wait till KK appt den go take e photo.. So lookin forward to the appt cuz I'll get e report and lele's photo. =D

I oso noe e fertile period aft birth. Aft losing lele, I crazily went online and buy those OPKs.. I guess I really wanted to try again ASAP.

As e due date getting nearer and nearer I had mixed feelings lo.. ESP may.. The month of lele's due date.. It's really so near.. Yet so far.. Every month 3rd i felt moody..

I guess e way for us to get over it soon will be to have another one ASAP. But e fear of losing again is jus too overwhelming.. For me...

Mummyjenny, now technology is so advanced. But they cant check whether the cord is entangling the baby in the womb? That is ridiculous!

Mummyjenny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know no words can comfort you right now but I do hope you are strong. Big hugs.

Saw that you are looking for a female gynae. My previous gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong and I find her a very nice and compassionate doctor. She's very patient and gentle. I have introduced several friends to her and they all liked her. Perhaps you can research and give her a try. She practices at TMC.

(I switched Gynae cos my bb has a birth defect and we need to transfer to NUH. I know for my next pregnancy I will go back to Dr Wong again)

Vanilla,
I delivered at tmc.. It's heart aching when ur parents dun allow u to keep baby photo. I took a few photos of my son before they take him away from me. I couldn't cry at all in the labour ward due to high on laughing gas,I started cry like no tomorrow when I'm in ward.

ya, the only way to get over is faster have baby..

Peggy,
Precisely... I really dunno why he can't detect at all. Dr Ang told me he can see baby heartbeat but for a second tell me baby heartbeat stopped. So disappointed.

Tangerinez,
How is her charges like?

<font color="000080">Mummyjenny >> Sorry for your loss... it's just so ridiculous that with modern tech we are still so hopelessly at the mercy of luck and fate when it comes to pregnancy and birth! Do rest well and take care. My friend also lost first one due to cord accident but now she just gave birth to her 2nd and both are healthy. Jiayou!

vanilla >> Your parents also trying to protect you lar... but they won't understand, only you know what you need to sooth your heart. Hope the appt goes well! *hugs*

tangerinez >> Hope everything is ok with you? </font>

Mummy Jenny, me too.. When they told me tt they couldn't detect bb hb. I totally go into shock. No emotion at all. When giving birth I oso nv shed a tear. It's only when I carry him in My arms I couldn't stop crying. Lele is so small.. Nth was in Mu mind. I couldn't thk of anything but just kept crying. Tho I dun cry so easily now. I still misses him. I guess we all will still miss our little angel even 10 20 30 years down e road.

Just curious, in ur case u delivery in tmc do u still have to pay Dr Ang e delivery fees? I yes deb I feel so ridiculous leh.

Tethysea: ya.. They trying to protect me..

tethysea, thanks for your encouragement. hope to have 2nd one soon~ =)

vanilla, i still have to pay for Dr Ang delivery fees. but i find it very ridiculous, the first time i visited Dr Ang he told me his delivery package was $550-$600. However, when i see the bill the price went up to $750 and im not aware of it.

mummyjenny: Dr Wong charges are definitely not the cheapest among private but not the steepest as well. I think her follow up consultations are $98 (first consultation more expensive but can't remember how much). Scans are around $60. Urine test each visit is $10. Medications/supplements a bit more expensive (fish oil at $60 for 1 mth supply).

I am not sure about her package charges as her package only start from 20 or 23 weeks and by then I had to transfer to NUH.

Can call 63532033, ACJ clinic to find out more about the charges.

If you do research on Dr Wong, you will find that most people comment that she does a great job at stitching up episiotomy.

Now, each time I finish my NUH gynae visit, hubby and I will still comment that we miss Dr Wong's kind words (not that my NUH gynae is bad but he is a man of very few words)

tethysea, thank you for asking.
the first month of discovery was traumatic for hubby &amp; I.
did 2 amnios and had to deal with possibility of abortion at just before 24 weeks.
saw countless specialists and spent a bomb.
now we are coping well and looking forward to the little one's arrival in early April. he will have to undergo major surgery though and approx 3 weeks in NICU. the road ahead is unclear but we will brave through it.
happy.gif

you are due anytime soon right? must be really excited! all prepared?

<font color="000080">tangerinez >> *HUGS* Hope everything goes well! Be strong for your little one, I'm sure he will draw strength from your positive mindset and grow up healthy
happy.gif
Jiayou!

Yes I am due some time in the next couple of weeks. Feeling nervous and paranoid. Hearing all the experiences you ladies have shared, I know cannot take things for granted cos life is just so unpredictable, so really fingers crossed and hope for good luck!</font>

hi mummies. I'm also ttc for my #1. tried the clearblue ovulation test kit today but got an error instead. anyone uses the clearblue ovulation kit before. what should be the correct way to use it? it's my 1st time using the kit
happy.gif

Back