(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

Good morning... AF reported today, started spotting yesterday. Temp also plunged
sad.gif

Anyone doing acupuncture at Eu Yan Sang clinic? Im thinking of changing because I cant be taking leave every now and then. Do you start acupuncture after af is clear? or can do it even during af?

vanilla & mummyjenny: *hugs hugs* and jia you!

vanilla: im seeing Dr Benjamin Tham too. agree that he is very patient, gentle and reassuring.

Peggy: i was seeing Dr Zou at Ang Mo Kio. she sees patients and do accupunture at night and weekends so you can see her after work. maybe you can consider? accupunture is usually done 3 consecutive days before you O.

to the rest of my TTC mates: how have you been?
happy.gif

Hi
Went to see Dr Zou at AMK too, gave me some herbs to drink which is in powder form...next month to see her for Acupuncture. She advised to wait for three months
But last friday saw a Gynae at SGH, he says there is no issue to try straight away. His words seemed comforting to me though. He says dont even have to wait for the menses to come....

Hi all... I hv been trying ttc for 9 mths already yet no news yet..
sad.gif
every month when my menses came is a disappointment to me and hubby. but i always tell my hubby that there is another new hope.. (",)
been seeing a few gynaes already to check where actually went wrong. was with Dr Wk Tan before and she said i got hormones imbalance and put me on yasmin. I stop when i was trying to conceive. but then my menses go hye-wire which dint stop for 2 mths.
I used to have very irregular menses. (non-stop type) but not alot... perhap slightly more than staining.
now i with Pro John tee, he did some tests on me and said everything was ok. and he put me on clomid for 6 cycles too..now my menses is back to normal. (35days for the past 6 mths)ya. i do agree that he is those super chop chop type which didnt give me enough to ask question.

I have been taking my bbt for 6 mths too.. and notice every mth, my temp will rise. but test negative.
sad.gif

recently, i also went to see a sinseh in chinatown for 4 visits already. always very long queue. yawn... :eek:
so far everything was ok. except for this cycle. i do noticed that i hv the fertile mucus and I try using the ovulation kits for a week but was negative. then shortly few days later i noticed there is rise in my temp too... but y the ovulation kit showed negative? which leave me puzzled.

anyway... i m still hoping for miracle this mth.
good luck to all of us...
happy.gif
jiayou...

Thanks Sonel. But Dr Zou is too far from where I stay. Also, I cannot finish work on the dot, so will be a mad rush.

Wong Ting Ting, take it easy yah... dont be to stressed out.
happy.gif
Jia you!

I would like to ask u gals here:

If my period cycles in Dec and Jan are around 36 days but Feb is only 31 days, what is my fertile period for this month?

Hope someone can kindly enlighten me
happy.gif

hi TTCing,
since your cycles is not "zhun" one so abit difficult to predict ovulation... but is ranging from day 16 to day 22. u can try buying the ovulation kit and test around that week.
Gd luck to u...
happy.gif

hi TTCing, you can try getting clearblue ovulation kit. i'm also TTC for a 3 months. bought ovulation kit and pre-seed as well. hope to hear good news soon. baby dust to all!!

Hi Wong Ting and Missy,

Thanks for your kind replies
happy.gif

I tried from CD14 to CD26 with the ovulation strips last month but were always negative
sad.gif
and AF came last Sunday. Btw, what does CD here means?

A few of my friends and colleagues are currently pregnant with dragon bbs and they all claimed that they conceived very fast.... Within 1-2 months.

I suppose in real life, nobody will really tell u how long they have tried to conceive or preparing to conceive. Coz of face what. Am I right in saying that?

Although I do hope that I have a dragon BB too, but I also realize that the chances of getting a dragon BB is slim now
sad.gif
only one or 2 more cycles left
sad.gif

We have tried BDing every alternate day during the 2 most possible fertile weeks from CD11-26, lifting my butt after BD using a small pillow, taking vitamin B, C & folic acid, not taking sugary stuff and drinks etc. Anyone here have any other TTCing tips?

Hi TTCing, i'm also not sure what does some of the acronym means?

Can someone advise what is CD, 2WW and BD? sorry very noob and newbie here
happy.gif

i also hope to have a dragon BB but so far no luck as well. i'm taking Vit C, Folic acid & Evening Primrose. Hubby is also taking Multi-vit and cutting down on sugar stuff. But so far no positive news yet *keep fingers crossed*

Did you try using the ovulation kit to test your fertile period? I'm also starting on clearblue ovulation kit to keep track.

hi TTCing,

how long have u been trying? Some ppl are more lucky i guess. Life is just make that somethings we got so easy, somethings is out of our hand. My cousin conceive in the 1st month of trying, she make plans that after CNY then want to try and going for Dragon BB. She make it already and is 7 weeks.The other of my cousin try and got it on the 5th months. As for me, i am still trying.. this is my 7months. Life is always not as what we want it to be. Every month disappointment is really unbearable. Just have to pick it up and go on.

Now.. everyone arrows to me on when will be my turn.. Goodluck to all the ladies here! you gals are not alone
happy.gif

missy:
I started taking evening primrose oil this cycle too, on CD2. 3 caps a day (morning, afternn & evening). Is it too much? But the bottle says can take 2-3 caps a day.

Windy:
We have been seriously trying since Jan this year, after AF came in early Jan. Problem is, my AF is long (around 35~6 days) and I used KY Jelly in Jan. In Feb, we did not use KY but Pre-Seed but no luck too.

Started taking TCM medicine in early Feb too and was advised by the TCM not to take sugary stuff, drinks, chicken, duck, eggs, processed food, fruits etc. Tried for 1 month but no luck also.

Feeling depressed as I already heard 8 good news (dragon babies to be born this year) liao.

Will I strike this month??? Please....

<font color="000080">Here's a glossary for your easy reference ;)

AF = Aunt Flo (period)
BFN = Big Fat Negative (preg test)
BFP = Big Fat Positive
CD = cycle day
DPO = days past ovulation
BBT = basal body temperature
CM = cervical mucus
EWCM = Eggwhite cervical mucus
BD = "baby dance" (sex)
HPT = Home pregnancy test
LMP = Last menstrual period
OPK = Ovulation predictor kit
2WW = two-week wait (after ovulation and before period is supposed to come)

TTCing &amp; missy >> Evening primrose oil cannot eat when preggy hor... so can only eat before ovulation, to be safe.

Actually for healthy couples, it is normal to try for 9months to a year before striking. Also depends on age - once past 30 yrs old, then may have to try longer. If you've been trying for more than that 2yrs better to see gynae or tcm, but no harm seeing before that too.

For me I tried for 3mths, striked but lost the baby v early on. I had very low BBT, which might have contributed. After that I took advice of some of the ladies here, drank chicken essence every alternate day and ate supplements like ConceiveWell and got my hubby to eat multivits too (I bought Blackmore's Men's Performance for him) and true enough, strike again and this time managed to keep the baby.

Like missy said... Must remember that need 2 ppl to make a baby... both mother and father must take care of their health! Sometimes not just we try is enough, hubby also must take care and improve his "troops".</font>

Hi all miss u alll......

Been really busy and don't want to think about ttc so i don't open thread so long time already how r u all?

tethysea : hi long time not see

This cycle we are trying to do iui for seriously ttc, my gynea ald suggest it since december... But kinda busy so now 2nd day take my jabs.... Finger crossed n pray hard
happy.gif
may God bless us

Hi tethysea,

Thx for your advise. I have also read that EPO can be taken only between AF~O. AF came last week &amp; before my expected period, so tot of taking EPO to regulate my cycle. Dunno why my AF came earlier. Will stress make AF come earlier??

But I have 3 frds my age, all also in early 30s strike after 1st cycle leh.... How to explain? Maybe I m too stressed or I m not fertile? Sigh.... Life's so unfair....

Hope god will let us strike this cycle. Dun wish to face another AF and disappointment again....

Baby dust to all here ;)

Btw, I also fed DH with multi vitamins, veg, fruits, fish, seafood, porridge and bread. These few days started him on vit B &amp; folic acid.

I also started to take 2-3 tablets of folic acid and vit B recently.

Btw does anyone know if skinny women ( ard 40kg ) tend to be fertile?

Hi TTC-ing, firstly, good luck!! Dun give up but dun stress yourself out.

I was 42kg when I conceived. On my 2nd try. This is not meant to make u upset but more of to encourage you that skinny women can conceive. I also tot it's harder for underweight gals to conceive, thats why started to try immediately after wedding but guess luck was on our side.

Having said that, we did the full works. We did the usual supplements, I changed my diet (no caffeine, no cooling drinks, ginger tea and longan red date tea to warm the womb, chicken essence and even a healthy huge glass of tomato juice everyday - not sure if this helped), did BBT, used conceive plus (better than preseed, IMO), used ovulation strips etc.

Maybe for a start u can add on BBT and change to conceive plus? And your diet of course. But dun overly stress yourself. Some say taking BBT is really stressful so you have to manage it properly.

You mention you've not seen a positive ovulation test. It could be either you don't ovulate every month or you've done the test wrongly. In my first month of trying I couldn't get a positive ovulation test too. Later I found out its because I tested first thing in the morning but the best time to test should be around 11am to 1pm, IIRC.

If you have the time, read the archives, there's a lot of useful information here when the thread was still very active.

Wishing you a BFP very soon. Baby dusts!!!

Hi tangerines,

Thx for ur encouragement. I m 50kg and trying for the 3rd month.

What's IMO and IIRC?

I took BBT too but unable to take it during the same time every morning. Thanks for the hot tip abt using the ovulation urine test. I will try between 11am-1pm this cycle and monitor.

How long did u take those supplements and hot longan and red date tea before u strike?

Did ur DH exercise and eat anything special too?

I heard that our DH can take folic and vit B too, to imprOve their troops.

Yup, I read those past forums articles for reference too. Have been useful and I m trying some tips from here.

Are u giving birth soon?

Thanks and hope to hear from u again
happy.gif

Sorry, IMO &amp; IIRC are internet lingo: in my opinion &amp; if i remember correctly.

i did the following supplements:
- folic acid 6 mths before
- prenatal vit 3 mths before
- fish oil 1 year before
- longan red date tea (LRD) 2 mths before (can make in office using thermos flask, dun have to boil)

hubby did:
- vit e 3 mths before
- zinc 3 mths before

BBT: i wake up at usual times on weekdays for work, but weekends i will sleep very late. still, i will set alarm at 6.30am, wake up to take BBT, then go to sleep again.

OPK: do read thru the archives - there was a discussion about testing twice a day as well in case some people have very very short LH surges. I think around 6pm to 8pm or something but i cannot remember cos it's been some time.

DH didn't especially exercise but he was quite lean to begin with. I remember that i also stopped taking alcohol immediately after wedding (2 mths before conceiving)

There is also a saying that 30 min before BD, DH can take coffee to make the troops more active.

Do consider conceive plus ok... I BFP on conceive plus instead of pre seed. also saw on forums that conceive plus seems to be better.

Yep, i'm will be delivering 1st week of April

Good luck babe! Stay positive!
happy.gif

Its true that there are pple who are lucky to conceive on the very 1st cycle.

I conceive lele on the very 1st cycle on clomid. As i'm those who's menses is very irregularly kind. So gynae put me on 3 months clomid however, i strike on the 1st already. So it is true some pple r very lucky de. But lucky pregnancy doesn't mean sticky pregnancy. haiz..

My menses came on 12 Aug 11, i started clomid on the 2nd day of menses. I started testing using OPKs since CD9(cycle day 9) only positive on the CD18, which is 29 Aug 11. However, i tried to BD on alternate days since CD11 - CD17. My thinking is to have some troops waiting for the egg once it is release. So we BD every alternate days, also to have better quality troops. When i tested positive for O, we BD on the night of 29 Aug and i woke up next day and test again, its still positive so we BD again. Then the OPKs became faint so we stopped. I see it in a way we strike e 1st time. We was very lucky.

After BD i'll put my legs agasint the wall and pillows under my butt. I out my legs really high, stack a few pillows behind my butt. And i stay in that position for at least half an hour. But i rmb i always fall asleep and i woke up due to e numbness on my legs which is like 1 hr plus later. Usually, there will be something flowing out when i stand up but its ok cuz tat is the semen, the troops already gone far far in le. Dun worry.

Then its the waiting game. 2WW. I started testing on the DPO5 as i saw some article saying it can be tested as early as DPO5. But oof cuz it came out negative. I rmb i saw a ttc-ing mate annoucing the BFP. I was so tempted to test again. So i did it on DPO9 at night. The cheapo HPT came out positive. But i couldnt believe so i drank lots of water and test using the watson HPT. Again it was a faint positive(FYI, for HPT, as long as there is a postive line regarless of faint or dark, it is POSITIVE!)But i rmb they said to test for HPT 1 morning urine is the most accurate. So i woke up 8am in the morning to test it. This time i took sorts of HPT i have to test it. Clearblue Digital Pregancy Kit with conception indication, watson's, cheapo HPT. All la.

It came out all positive. The clearblue indication says 1-2 weeks. I'm thrilled!!

2WW - 2 weeks wait. But mine came real early. I test postive on the 9th day. 5 days earlier.

I started taking Concevie Well the month before i was on clomid. Continue to take it on the month i was on clomid and i switched to Pregnancy Gold when i finish my Concevie Well.

I also used Concevie Plus on the month i was on clomid. I apply on hubby and insert it into myself. Cuz i felt like that it will help the troops go in better cuz it was inserted further in.

Now here i am again to start all the procedure again. Feeling really Fxxx up..

But for those who are trying, pls dun be affected by me. I need to rant it somewhere.. haiz..

I shared my story with u gals so that to encourage u gals.

PS: There was once i tot all my OPKs was spoiled cuz all was negative. But they r not just tat i've not O yet. So dun be discourage by what u see. Keep testing. I test twice everyday.

11am and 8pm. Pls dun use the 1st morning urine to test, not advisable. 1st urine is for Pregnancy test only.. =)

If you guys had not BD for like 4 days and more it will be good to clear the old troops to allow fresh and enegetic troops do the work.

hi vanilla, thanks for sharing! we also BD on the day i tested positive with the ovulation kit. now waiting for my next AF to come so i'm still waiting. keeping my fingers crossed.

I had a miscarriage on the 7-8th of Feb. Still waiting for my AF.Dont know if I am pregnant now and shall I do a check. Breasts are a bit sore, stomach bloated, tired easily....
I am confused now...

Mrs R: Jus curious.. After ur miscarriage how long did u wait before u guys tried again?

Anyway, we tried on the 13th of this month and the next day i had some bleeding till now. I guess thats the left over blood from birth. I wonder how those pple can get pregnant on their 6 weeks check up after birth??? They have intercourse when the wife is still bleeding???

Hi tangerinez &amp; vanilla04,

Thanks for sharing your invaluable advice. They will be useful for me and other TTCing couples here
happy.gif

I have been taking folic acid since last Sept but not regularly though and like to take cold, sweet drinks eg bubble tea and cold local desserts. DH used to tell me that my hands and feet are always cold. After seeing a TCM consultant, I was
advised NOT to take any sugary stuff and drinks, but to take only HOT plain water, ginger water or hot Milo w/o sugar and milk. So I have not been taking any sweet cold drinks and desserts since early feb. I find that my constipation and skin
cleared and I feel slightly better too. Maybe all those sugar in my system is too acidic and caused my constipation as well?

But tangerinez, r ur cycles regular? Not sure if drinking hot water and supplements helped to regulate my cycles as I used to b ard 35 days but last cycle lasted only 31. So I will try a week earlier this month.

Will update u gals here again
happy.gif

I m learning and feeling positive again
happy.gif

Vanilla04: read abt ur story. U r very strong indeed. Try to take only hot water, Milo and hot ginger water to warm your womb and body now while TTCing again. Take folic and vitamin B &amp; C as well. Milo also contains plenty of vit B, iron, magnesium and calcium which are essential for us as well.
TCM also advised me not to take cooling stuff like bananas, cucumber, cold milk etc, which I took plenty in January.

Hope this will help us and good luck! Most importantly, we have to be positive and gain strength again. I believe u can do it! Gambate!

TTCing: my cycles were usually regular around 34 days. About once a year will become 40+ days. Strangely, abt 2 cycles before I conceived, the cycles were shortened to 28 to 29 days. With heavier flow first few days and spotting after. Total number of days increased from 5 to 6 days.

This is partly the reason why my first cycle of TTC failed. Cos I missed the ovulation date.

At one point in time I was worried wondering why my cycles will change, is it because of ageing.

On hindsight maybe cos I just got married and staying with in laws who cook at home. Maybe healthier lifestyle meant 28 day cycles? Just a random thought.

Dear all... Wow.. Really learn a lot fr here..
happy.gif

I m on my 2ww.. It seem soooo long... M still waiting... Hopefully af won't cum...
I read somewhere fr net.. They say hb take folic n b12 is gd for his troop... Just wonder can hb take b-complex instead?

Tangerinez.. U r so lucky to hv home cooked food... For us as we stay on our own.. So is always outside food...
sad.gif

大家加油吧!

Yawn... The 2ww seem sooooo long... ;)

TTCing: I oso went to marine parade TCM, very popular for ttcing couples. Famous for their fertility treatment. I went there on the cycle i concevied lele. I went about 1-2 weeks before i O.

So i'm not sure if it is the TCm or Clomid or luck tat i concevie lele. Or maybe combine all thats why 1st cycle concevie le.

Mrs R: oic... Then when u try do u still have bleeding?

Wong ting:
Try to cook healthy dishes eg brocolli, mushroom, spinach, fish, prawns, oyster omelette at home for yourself and DH as diet is very important. Hehe, I talk as if I m very experienced! But these info are from the others in the forum
happy.gif

Think if DH took men's multi-vits or just folic acid + vitamin B,
they are just as good as my frds' hubbies suggested. They are the ones who said that they managed to conceive just
after one cycle.

Vanilla04: I went to another TCM near macpherson. No queue. However I just went there once and took 2 bottles of Chinese medicine to detoxify our systems and then started on our new diets.

Wong ting, I also in my 2ww AF due next week really pray that it will go for long holidays. "Jia you" let me know if there's good news.

I had a M/C during last dec due to baby no heartbeat when she's abt 7week that's was my 2nd M/C. Had a D&amp;C and bleed for 2weeks. Lab test come back all normal baby is a girl. Jan when to TCM took their med till now and started ttc this mth as my body feels better and my sinseh n gynea given me greenlight. Now really hope I can conceive again.

Hi ladies,

If you are considering to purchase OPK/ HPT, Pre-Seed, Conceive Plus, Clearblue Digital OPK/ HPT, basal thermometers and TTC supplements such as red raspberry tea leaves, royal jelly and bee pollen and CoQ10, do check out http://babydustshop.blogspot.com

Jacelyn Tay (ex Mediacorp Actress) shared one of her success tips in conceiving easily is drinking organic raspberry tea that improves the health of her womb. Do try out this tea which is now available at Baby Dust Shop.

Another partner of Baby Dust Shop is pregnant and we have tons of babydust to sprinkle on all our customers!

thks TTCing...
thanks for ur advice..
happy.gif

hv been taking alot of fruits and vitamins lately.. to boast up whatever la.. tried all method liao..
happy.gif
(desperated mode) ;p

Hihi piky.. sori to hear that.. but not to worry.. cos they say if u hv m/c, shortly after u will be very fertile de.. so wish u gd luck ya... try not to carry too heavy stuffs.. my mum say no gd..
happy.gif

my AF due lastest by 26th.. so keeping my fingers crossed.. :p
will keep u updated k..
happy.gif

Gd day to all...

Hello All, have been silently reading this forum all along. But didn't want to put myself in the constant thought of ttc-ing, which is why I always stopped myself from posting here. But nevertheless, I feel the same as so many of you here. Many around me tried the first time and striked, I tried for 3 years and conceived twice. I am still thankful though coz I do have friends who tried even longer and have not managed to succeed. So gals, press on. Its tough but we have a dream to achieve!
Hi piky, your situation sounds so like my. I also had my 2nd m/c in Dec last year, first one was in Nov of previous year. We also lost bb heartbeat around week 8. We did all the tests this time round and found that bb's chromosome had an issue. After testing our own chromosomes, gynae concluded it was a random event. Only difference with yours was perhaps our bb is a boy
happy.gif
After this time round, I didn't go back to tcm ( I have been seeing tcm for the past 1 yr after the first loss). I felt everything is so predestined. We did all that we can to make this pregnancy happen and to protect the pregnancy, but ended up it still failed. So I decided to take it easy and let things be. Not that I'm giving up our ttc dreams, but I'm leaving it to the One above!

Min21... Sad to hear that.. But dun give up hope ok... Ya.. Is best to take it easy n let things be... Cannot be too stressed out... Tried to avoid cold drink n liang food... Drink longan red date tea everyday loh
. Oh ya.. I read somewhere saying that organic raspberry tea is gd to tone n strengthen our uterus... Perhaps u can try the tea for awhile n start trying for the next...

Piky, how everything? Time passes so slowly this few days for me... tick tock tick tock... ;p
加油加油。
happy.gif

Woon ting, I'm fine just that this few day feel very crampy and backache. This evening went to my tcm for review told her about this she say might be due to implantation (I give her alot of ???) haha even ask me to bedrest hmmm... I better don think much scarly false alarm. Haha

hi all,

don't give up hope on trying. i've tried for 7 years before conceiving. went various holidays, seen different gynae and TCM, took BBT and clomid... when i finally see a +ve on the HPT, i thought my eyes were playing tricks.

someone told me, 'life is all about hope, never give up hoping'. totally agree with this.

jia you and baby dusts to all!
happy.gif

MoreBBs>> i was seeing TCM &amp; doing accupuncture for 6 months to tiao my body and stopped after i see a fertility dr. that cycle which i BFP was the 2nd cycle i saw the fertilty dr.

i took chicken essence alternate day before O and everyday during 2ww. i took red date tea once during 2ww as its too heaty for me. that cycle i also took brazil nuts as i read that it's good for implantation. dr supplements includes folic acid, vit B12 &amp; metformin (for my PCOS).

DH took same amount of chicken essence as me + folic acid and vit B12 from dr.

we follow the days where the dr told us to BD and i confirmed my O using the cheapo OPKs and ClearBlue digital kit.

hope this helps.

Sonel thanks, but few more question,
1) the chicken essence u drink is bottle one or self boil?

2)The fertility dr only precribe the above vitamin n do vscan for the follicle? Is the actual ovulation date dr told u close to the previous 7 yrs date that u expected O when u ttc?

Hi ladies, im just new in this forum. btw, any good recommendation for a doctor? me and my husband we r trying to have baby for 5 months ready. And this month my period started last 8/03-13 but it appeared again last Sunday 25-03 till now. We r now thinking to go to a good doctor. please help me.

Just went to have 2 scans yesterday at KKH; transvaginal and pelvis ultrasound scans.

According to the sonographer, she said that if the transvaginal scan did not manage to scan the fallopian tubes, it means that the tubes are not blocked
happy.gif

Going to see doc this afternoon and will ask him questions pertaining to my O date.

Btw, does anyone here knows if I have a faint double line on my O-test strip on CD13 but nothing on CD14, CD15 and CD16, does this meant that my O-days are on CD12-13?

Thanks for answering
happy.gif

maria_aileen: Do visit any local fertility clinic or KKH to do a transvaginal or pelvis scan first. That's what I did, before any doctor can evaluate and tell u what is happening to your body.

Your last period started on 8/03-13 ? Do u mean 8 March?

ttcing-- yes, my first period started last march 8 to march 13 but last march 25 i had my period again until now. I havent been there to KK, which doctor whom i consult? sorry for my ignorance.

Back