(2012/07) Jul 2012

Joanne, sorry no schedule for helper, but typical duties would include wiping surfaces (inc grills n windows but pls ask her to be v careful ok), vacuuming/sweeping, mopping, tidying up rooms, making beds, cleaning toilet & kitchen (daily basic maintainance), washing clothes, ironing, prepping food n cooking, getting groceries if you need her too. Occasionally can get her to help you maintain your car too. Believe when your babies are here she will come in handy. Can teach her how to thoroughly wash n sterilize baby bottles n teats too so she can help u (if u trust her hygiene) do it in future. Don't stress, enjoy the privilege of having a helper ok
happy.gif

Liligal, yup, latest travel at 36wks with dr's letter (cut off is airline dependent)

hi laura, you are very healthy leh heeeh the soup looks great...

J03, no worries, when your babies are out, lots of tins for your maid to do liao heheheh now is the honeymoon period leh...

ourlovestory: Laura is having breathing issues at night. My estrogen is driving me crazy. All the thick and gooey mucus stuck behind my nose and it makes my throat very dry and painful.
sad.gif

Gotta go see doctor now otherwise my boss will think that my urgent leave is hao siao one.

mi hor..at the same time wanted to see the baby and yet apprehensive on the breastfeeding and also managing the wound part hahhaha ..but come to tink of it, everything will be worthwhile to see our littie bundle of joy happie and healthy
happy.gif

Morning mummies!

Today is exactly Wk 34 for me. Busy period at work just ended last Friday, thought today can start to complete my other work project and start to handover stuff. Then this morning boss send me new things to look at!! So sianz…

Tummy also getting heavier, find it difficult to get up and down the bed. If sit on floor, even more difficult getting up.

I went to read the June thread too – one of the case is really scary. Fingers crossed for a smooth and fast delivery this time round. Last time for #1, it was fast & furious. Gynae inserted pills to open the cervix at 5pm thereabout (pills supposed to open the cervix by 1-2cm & I was supposed to admit at 11pm and gynae will come break waterbag to induce the labour). Somehow the dilation was too fast and I rushed to the hospital (thankfully I live very near the hospital) at about 8pm, and bb delivered at 8:36pm. No time for epi…only gas. I will need to discuss with gynae the plan for this delivery – if induction is required again, I will do everything in the hospital…it was really fast last time but also scary, what if I did not reach the hospital on time?

Carol: I was recommended by a friend to Dr Soong 6 years ago and have been seeing her since then for normal gynae checks and stuff. She is a bit premium but I feel comfortable with her after all these years. The trick to not having to wait so long is to always go for her last few appts of the day. I usually take the 3.45pm or 4pm slot. Yup, I took the package too. I was only prescribed with calcium, DHA and Obimin...are you taking more than these 3 supplements?

cherish: Haven't bought the playmat yet. Am thinking of getting it when she starts to learn to seat up and crawl. I'm also holding back on purchasing the car seat (since I already have an infant car seat hand down by a friend) and the baby carrier...just in case she don't like being carried in the baby carrier

hika,
thanks for pointing out. ya hor, seems like planned c-sec became emergency ones. dont scare me leh. i'm planning for c-sec. hahah

Marie, sunbelle, ourlovestory,
thanks for ur reply on the playmat. i dont think my hubby will allow me to buy. he will say waste of $$$. somemore, intend to close shop after this one. hmmm,maybe i buy myself and he cannot say anything liao. hahaha

I was wondering...again...this morning how it actually feels like if water bag leaks? I think if water bag break would be quite obvious rite? But what if it's only leaking? How to discover?
Also, a silly thought came to mind....what happens if we are peeing half-way then water break or leak....how to tell if it's not pee?

hi cherish, are u opting for localised or full body GA for c-sec huh? are u goin to ask the fengshui master to help you in selection of dates huh?

touched by my parents whom deliberately wrapped dumplings and bring all the way to my home for me to enjoy....parents are still the best .....nice smelling dumplings......

marie : think the website info says only a very small percentage of popn has water bag burst leh...hehe

sunbelle,
my GYNAE opted half body epidural for me. told her i prefer full GA as my pain tolerance is very very low but she insisted the former. said will recover faster. i did not ask fengshui master on selection date as we're not particular on it. so date has not confirmed. how about u?

dumplings...u making me so hungry suddenly. i also want dumplings. LOL

yah must really force myself to eat healthily. really super slack in my health. thanks ladies.

hika, did i write that? sorry, i din meant to say planned c-sect but EX c-sect. most ex c-sect ended up as emer c-sect even tho most mummies wanted to try vbac. yah, me can't stand renov sound also. even clocks ticking when i'm trying to sleep. i jus realized my blk afternoon has lotsa renov. 2 or 3 houses! but no choice, no other places to run to.

cookie, then might as well u give birth here if u r coming bk! better and safer right? my gynae doesn't allow me to fly beyond 30wks.

mrs c, that is so good! smooth easy and short delivery!

btw, guess wat? all the tummy tightness that I felt were called Braxton Hicks Contractions? I kept thinking it must be similar to contractions i.e. with pain but apparently not so. so i hv been having BHC on and off. You girls have?

hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I have 3 boxes of BNIB pigeon breast milk bags f sale. 180ml.-25pcs per box. am selling at $13 each and if u take all at $36. got them at this march taka fair. also have breast paps 2 boxes of 60 plus 12 to sell at $13 each. if interested can pm me. selling cheaper than retail.
u can self collect items at sengkang central or pay f postage f items to be mailed to u.

lili_gal: BHC...all the time...everyday! I'm going crazy!!! My tummy feels tight most of the time...and of cos it didn't help when little one is fighting for space and moving around. Last nite woke up with very bad gastric. Think I must be turning pale if I had looked into the mirror but still force myself to go to sleep. Must be uterus pressing against my stomach
sad.gif

Hi All mummy to be,

im a quiet reader, 1st time mummy to be also.
my edd is 31 jul.
hope im not too late to join u ladies.

Need some advice:
Any reviews on Bum Diaper or anyone use before?

has any mummies here dyed their hair while pregnant? coz im doing my maternity shoot this week n my hair is horrible.. half black n half brown..

I have a brand new set of Medela Swing single electric breastpump in original US packaging/unopen for sale.

I am selling the following in bundle at only S$300:

1. Medela Swing single electric pump
2. Brand new 100% cotton Breastfeeding blanket (Brown color)

Will throw in a box of new/unopen Playtex standard Pre-Sterilized Disposable Liners 8oz/236ml (125pcs) for fast deal. (Worth $24.90)
It is very good for storage of breastmilk and is easy to use.

Total original price up to S$412.00

Self-collect at Tiong Bahru/Tanjong Pagar mrt station.

Interested parties, pls send me an email at [email protected]

P/S: Picture is available too. Thanks

I juz went for growth scan and my gynae commented everything ok. Baby weigh 2.1kg at 34 weeks 4 days. I asked my gynae should i be worry coz 2 weeks ago, bb weigh abt 2kg. Hmmz... Gynae said it's ok. By full term, bb should be 2.5 to 2.7kg.

I am wondering is it i change from drinkinh anmum milk to HL milk, resulted in bb growing at a slower rate?

Laura & liligal, wow delivering so soon!

Liligal, my gynae gave me duphalac to soften stools.

Just took last jab today. Yay! Suppose to be off bedrest on Thurs but gynae said something cryptic like tho they stop treatment at wk34, bb not full term til wk38 & ask me back if I want bb to come out before then. Dunno if that mean I shld continue to get max bedrest & still can't go shopping, but dun think hubby will let me go shopping.

Do other mums measure cervix length? Mine's 18mm as of wk33d4..

I dun seem to be getting those tightening feeling but bb seem to be exercising continuously (ouch).. & feels so heavy like a sack of rice on me that I almost have difficulty breathing.

Tummy hardening & feeling tight means Braxton Hicks ah? I also thought bb stretching inside coz the bump will get out of shape...eventhough this is my 2nd pregnancy, I don't really know how BH feels like...

Mrs C,
ya, same thot too and my tummy can be out of shape, sometimes suddenly become very high or turn to be like squarish! hahah.

kawaii baby,
i dont hv wor. gynae didnt checked cervix length.

whew.. super busy at work today and the construction near my office is very disturbing too! hika: i understood how you feel...

Mrs C: what happened to the delivery for June thread??

Laura: please take care and get well soon! rest more and drink lots of water!!!

sunbelle: i have backache too but i thinkw e cannot use those musle rub leh...

i am feeling more scare and nervous as days pass.. does any mummies watch those videos for delivering? Will it be very scary huh?

I thot bh / contraction will b symmetrical, different from tummy out of shape? I also get the tummy out of shape haha

Dun dare watch delivery video,scared it make me more scared than nec!

kawaii, i'm not sure abt the shape part but when u feel the tummy super super rock hard and tighten very much like about to go into combustion, that's BHC. and most often it's painless but very uncomfy cos very very tight. goes on and off.

ourlovestory: One of the mummy tried VBAC and ended up emergency c-sec with some complications...but all is well for her & her baby now - from my quick glance at the june thread...

ourlovestory: My symptom now is similar to common cold but it's not. I will have teary eyes too and the headache now is due to "I can't sleep at night". But I can still smell and taste which if I'm having common cold these senses will be shut off. GP just cannot really do anything for preggies except for issuing MC, that's all. *doh* @.@
No worries, I drink lotsa water everyday without fail even though it will result in often visiting to the toilet, but that's part of pregnancy isn't it?

Anyway, I have been having BHC since early week 20s maybe bcos my baby is at a bigger size and my tummy can really be moulded into all sorts of funny shapes. Very interesting. Not so much of BHC now but whenever it happens the duration will be longer and I will take this opportunity to smack his little butt. HAHAHA! He keep wriggling inside and he used to be very tame when his papa put his hand on my tummy but now he also boh chup his papa's hand and keeps wriggling.

Counting down about 8 more days if gynea going to follow his "induce or c-section before 20Jun". I'm going to start my ML on 18Jun so I will only have starting 15Jun (on pm leave for gynea appt) to officially start my Husband & Wife only date before this third party physically come into our lives. I think we will go and catch Madagasca 3 and baby might dance to the music ~ I like to move it move ~ She likes to move it move it ~ He likes to move it move it ~ We like to....MOVE IT! ~

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! ! ! !

cherish: Well, I am just glad until now I still have the energy to shop in NTUC alone, but walking speed maybe only at 600m/h. I encourage those who can still move about freely to walk more, treat it as an exercise.
happy.gif

Laura, all the best! Keep all your fingers and toes crossed for a super smooth delivery =)

I'm only in my 33rd week... still have to wait so long! Baby getting so heavy and really putting a strain on my calves and ankles. I just have to walk abt 5 mins and feel the strain already.

I've actually watched a few delivery videos ... all pretty gross and bloody. But I would rather know the whole process than to keep guessing what's going on down under during my delivery. Heh.

Wow the thread is running fast too even on weekends hehe..

Hair - my hair not long not short now so can't tie up haha...tik will cut short soon next week.

Sarong - I dun like to use it too, #1 is still dependant on it, cos he stays with my mil and they used it since first day. that's why for this round, i hired CL hopefully can train #2 to sleep in his cot after discharged from hospital.

constipation - recently if stools are too hard, there will be some blood when i wiped too
sad.gif

braxton hicks - i'm 2nd time mummy too, also a bit unsure how it feels like haha...tummy often tightening and goes into different shapes. Often can feel his joints/ bones also...

This is my side view photo taken from the reflection of a shop glass door...looking more and more like a pumpkin, especially with this new short hair cut.
7142712.jpg

kawaii baby,
my gynae dun check the cervix length also wor...how is it done?

These few weeks a number of local/ malay aunties ranging from stall owners to supermarket cashiers first comment when they saw me is, are u giving birth soon? cos your tummy is low... this morning when crossing the traffic light, an auntie also talked to me from behind, gave me a scare haha

my tummy is also hard, odd shape (right side seems bigger) and feeling tight...it is the same everyday so it is also BHC??

Laura: I admire your courage leh and you do not sound nervous or scare! I want to watch Madagasca 3 too!!!

ourlovestory: Nervous also have to go through so just enjoy the process loh. Furthermore, when I've decided to do this IVF I'm mentally prepared to go through tougher path comparing to normal conceived moms.

Hi Qin
I think as the bb grow bigger, hard to measure correctly too.. No worries k..

Hi gals
Just go for ny checkup today and gynea say i am actually having contraction but without notice.. Oops.. Hope bbies can stay in my tummy for at least another 2-3wks.. But gynea keep say he no worry for me since both bbies are more than 2kg now but i still very worry tt they dun hv enough space.. Sigh.. N he has given me one mth mc to rest at hm fr today onwards.. Btw, i need to up my medicine tt control contraction fr 3tables to 6tablets a day..

Oh ya, he keeps want me to try natural birth though i prefer c sect.. Diaoz...

Hi laura n lili
Jiayou!! Excited for both of u n hope time flies fast for me too... Frankly, i still prefer work than at home as time flies faster when at work n with a branch of gd collegues, is fun to be at work..;)

I dunno what happened to me..
This is my 2nd but after 5 years.
Around 28 week I start having cramp but once a while in a week or two for short period.
Now 33 week.. I'm having bad cramp like period.. I think from week 30 I start in a few days for one to two time cramp.
Now 33 weeks.. I having bad n bad cramp like period. And feeling to poop..
I think 31 weeks I start having poop feeling and soft poop and my baby kept kicking and punching and hipcup.
And my stomach feel so tight.. I nowsaday having cramp almost everytime At night and sometime morning and night..
The cramp is getting more pain and longer everytime but stop for a while.. Cramp and cramp and my lower back is super ache and pain recently..
My first one is perfectly well.. No such symptom and no cramp.
Now this one I every vomit till 29 week and now on off and thus baby is kicking a lot and having cramp a lot..
My doc say observe very pain go hospital if 5 min interval or more than 5 hours.
Anyone had this experience . Is it common or sign of pre laboring??

And also my stomach not that big but recently I have difficulties in walking.. Feeling very sharp pain in pelvic area.. And my cramp is there and baby is moving sometime very crank I touch my stomach is hard as rock then I feeling better. My stomach is soft again.. Dunno if laboring symptom quite worried coz 33week. My baby is almost 2kg now only. Doc say.

Hi cherish n gals
My stupid maid make mistake again.. She actually pour the towel which is in the pail together with water into the toilet bowl.. N still can talk back say is due to my mum tok to her n distract her.. Is this the right attitude of a maid? My mum just tell her to wipe the cupboard after tt. One sentence n she still can talk back say due to my mum distract her.. No say sorry somemore.. If the toilet bowl choke then my mum still hv to hire someone to clear the choke which cost $100 plus.. Shd i make her pay then she knows the pain n be careful next time?

Back