(2012/07) Jul 2012

sunbelle: I've set up my baby cot a couple of weeks ago

joy_javen: As one of the mums also mentioned...sleeping in the sarong is bad for the growth of the baby's spine. Maybe you can google for some info online and show ur hubby the facts. This method always works for me...whenever my hubby don't believe something I say, I'll google and show him the facts. Hope this method works for you
happy.gif

Hi Qin,

Aussino is now having sale. yeah they got very nice bedding set. yeah u k take a look.

Hi Laura,

I was there on Thursday afternoon. Which is super crowded. Waited for 1.5hrs. How long do u need to wait huh? Even the nurse also surprised at the crowd.

Wow Marie, you are fast. Whom is your gynae huh?

sunbelle: haha...I don't like to leave things to last minute
happy.gif
I'm seeing Dr Yvonne Soong at TMC.

I received another EDM for Aussino private sale (50% off storewide) for UOB card members on 14 June 6-10pm at Paragon and Parkway Parade. Can only enter with EDM. Let me know if any of you need the EDM, I can email to you guys.

Laura,
I booked 2 bedder in tmc last time n no free upgrade as not many ppl gave birth. haha. It's very hard to say this yr as my gynae commented this yr alot of ppl giving birth n tmc is already crowded. Maybe better chance? Fyi e 2 bedder rm is very small n I changed to single rm in the end. I had c-sec n used e toilet longer time. I visited friends in mt a staying 2 bedder n the rm there is so so bigger! 一个天,一个地

Qin,
I'm hoping to deliver in wk39. Hope bb will stay inside a bit longer so her organs are developed more fully.
Maybe ur hubby prefers u with long hair?
happy.gif

wow laura, you are so lucky hehehe :p

hi marie, you are r rite ..i oso wanna get everything ready before the arrival of my baby too ehehe jus that they ask me not to set up so early hehehe

hi cherish, think after week 37 is considered full term heheeh yeah been dreaming of carrying my baby in my arms hahaha
dun noe issit shopping addict or what? one day dream of bargaining with an uncle over diapers hehehe siao liao so auntie leh me hehe

cherish: I think I might take the 4-bedder and hope to upgrade to 2-bedder. Asked my hubby where will he go since I'm not staying in single bedder, he said he'll go outside to loiter...ok lor.
Just hope that I only need to fork out about $1600 cash.

sunbelle: Really lucky lor. I was surprised to see so many empty seats when I arrived.

Hello ladies, Today weather is so good. Morning went to collect fish, fruits, n special pack confinement red dates tea ingredients n tonics at Chinatown. So easy, just call them what I want n my hb go collect. Guess I m ready in the midst of week 35. Remember if u r mixing dong gui in ur red dates tea, only can drink it after delivering for one week. N if u deliver natural, remember to prepare the Shen hua dang with the red flowers to drink in day 5-8. It is to clear the blood clots. If not sure just ask the medical hall staffs.

Qin: ya but I cnt say anything much else later d elders gt things to say.. yea we will b using those w holes..
Laura: I tot of tat too but was thinking will there b chance from 2 to 1?? haha n 2 bedded got $80 off if use FBI card.. 4bedded no disc..

Marie Ang: can't cox if I show him d reports n such he will just say I think n worry too much.. coz pple like his 2 bros n cousins all using it..

BB thanks for d info.. sounds so chim.. my Er Sao tell me to buy dunno wat I was like huh wat is tat..

anyway today check for me is no good
sad.gif

my gyne sick so he oso not in good mood n cnt talk much..
he just tell me my weight had decreased over d past 2 weeks.. n baby increased by 400gm which is now 2kg as of w32d5..
when do scanning bb head was facing d other side so cnt see my bb face today..
just finish clearing up my bedroom to prepare for tml photoshoot.. hope it turn out well..

BB: Yes, I heard about this 生化汤 too.
The 红花 is very powerful. Before taking any other tonic, this is the 汤 to drink first and I wonder whether my MIL knows about this cos I almost forgotten about it.
Thanks for the reminder.

joy_javen: is your hubby taking the photo shoot together with you?? One thing that is very hard to get my hubby to do is to go to the studio to take photo shoot. I'm still trying to convince him -_-"

Lilgal, I can be very mean, I reply my mum last time policeman wear shorts n give birth Bb at hm, now got or nt? Hahaha! Joy, I m much better le, tdy can go out for some relative bday party at downtown east. Thanks for asking!

BB, you really good with TCM. ok i'll have to brief my mum.

joy, i think ur family too big with so many kids. very tough fight for u unless ur hubby insists. plus u r staying w them for a while right? so even tougher.

laura, me go for ultimate pampering - single bedder cos i prefer to hv hubby 24x7 and he sleeps over. sometimes if want to get example laptop from side table really hard to call nurse in jus to do that lor.

sunbelle, auntie dream start so soon ah... hahahhaa... me dreamt of this friend who very hao xin. gave me a CD holder, those clear folder lookalike types, filled with herbs on every page instead of CD. each page of herb comes with USB drive so that I can be briefed on what to do and how to drink/eat it. so stressful! no high high dreams like queen laura though. hahhaa..

sunbelle, i read in some magazines that delay in clamping the umbilical cord actually allows some good stuff to transfer from there to the baby at birth. so planning to check with gynae about it. cot we plan to setup like few weeks ago.. still getting to it cos the room is messy! but plan to do it next week end i.e. i full term liao.

rer-rer, i think own mother, we tend not to hold back. me too... very guilty.

Counting down 10 days to my highly possible induced labour.
(Woah lao! Nose very itchy!!! Caused by higher amounts of estrogen during pregnancy can contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and even cause me to make more mucus. Sian.)

Hi Marie
I am 34wks going to 35 wks now. EDD 15 Jul.
Did u take up the package? How do u find yvonne Soong? Anyone recommend u to see her?
Coz I find the waiting time is super long and keep asking me to all the supplements and the consultanting time is very short.
Her charges belong to high premium side. What's ur view abt her?

Lili gal, I hv read it on the ST paper before about the delay clamping of the umbilical cord. Hmmmm.... But it is still not a practice in Singapore Hospitals. Guess it requires more research to prove the effectiveness.

Lili gal, I m very into TCM lah. Even when I stayed in US, my mom had to courier me one box of herbs every month, heehee...

Just now drop by June mommy forum n read about a scary experience in the delivery. Ladies, the fastest to deliver the baby the better, the baby tends to be smarter too. So listen to ur doctor, if he said urgent csect, just go for it, k?

Hi gals
Sorry for MIA soo long as busy at work n totally drain out when at night.. Plus the thread is running too fast and still try hard to catch up the archieve fr past two wks...

Hi lili n Laura
Wah.. U gals so fast delivering soon.. Envy.. Me only 32wks n already feel so heavy.. Cant wait to reach 35wks soon...

An short update abt me... Just scan last wk n glad to see my both bbies r at 2kg now but feel they grow abit slow as after 2wks, they only grow 200g.... Is this normal? Abit kind of worry...Hope they continue to grow well.. Am starting to rest at home fr next wk onwards.. Yippy... Now feel so uncomfy to sit straight, must sit slant to eat my meals.. Dun really like to be at home somehow as need to face my maid n no wholeday aircon like in office.. Hope bbies can be in me for at least another 3wks.. Pray hard they will be healthy n well always...

Hi BB,

I read the June thread too. is quite scary. yeah wishing all of us have a super smooth delivery.

Hi Laura, can go eat all you want. hehee mi too eating all the foodie that confinement cannot eat like prawns n crayfish hehee

Hi mummies, hope everyone's having a good weekend so far, seems like this week quite a few mummies fell sick, take care and get well soon.

Another busy week, so can barely keep up with the thread let alone post. Today was #1's year end show, this was his second 'performance', so proud of him!
happy.gif
only downer was that hubby missed today's performance due to work commitments. 1st time mummies, do look forward to your child's 1st performance, u will be so proud n realize they grow up so fast.

Marie, I love aussino bedding sets, can share with me the EDM? PM me? Thanks!! Already bought one set for bb, think I'll get another one if they're having sale again.

Rykiel, have the items from your prev BP arrived btw?

Laura, you can countdown liao! Everything set?

BB, yah but i was thinking no harm delaying for 2-3mins lor as it's not as if it will harm baby. so going to check w gynae and see what he thinks. eh, me also think TCM is good but just too lazy to research and know what is what. plus my hubby v into western stuff so doesn't really buy into TCM.

BB & sunbelle, yah, think i wun persist so long. last time i waited for many hours too until blood in my urinal catheter then i said ok. my gynae also told me another story recently of the lady who tried vbac for hours then went into emer c-sect also. sigh... seems like vbac success rate very low.

jo, best to check w gynae if he says ok, then ok i guess. btw, ur maid thingy still not getting better? u'll need to face her more when u r on ML leh...

Hi lili
I check with gynea last time before whether bbies too big n he says this kind of measurement is only estimate so think this time he will say the same too...so i no asks.. Just wonder any gals here oso hv the same experience of two wks only gain 200g for their bb?
Oh.. Am just dun like the idea of a stranger walk here n there n keep waiting for u to assign her things to do.. End up me more tired.. Rather prefer me alone at home.. Dun understand why she cant find things herself to do tt is no initiatives n keep wait for assignment.. Very sianz lor...

jo, why dun you draw up a list of things for her to thing? like schedule daily and add bonus activities. hahahaha...

Liligal, thinking of making a trip back next weekend. Will be 35+ wks by the time i fly back here. Hopefully no complications, luckily v short flight. Normally i'll get help from my younger Sis to buy stuff for me n carry back when I make my trips home. Good thing is that we also have lots of friends visiting so can tompang stuff if really necessary.

Went to take a quick read on the June thread since mentioned, yes, seems like the mummy went thru a pretty scary experience. Here's to smooth deliveries for all of us.

Episiotomy: I tore naturally for #1. pretty bad tear but thankfully recovered well with no problems down there. Maybe cos pushed for abt 2.5hrs after reaching 10cm. Need to ask gynae on next visit what she recommends, ie natural tear or episiotomy

Joanne,
My maid is quite free now too n she doesn't hv much initiative to ask if in doubt. We kept telling her if don't understand must ask n we show her how to do. She everything said yes understand but when she did, >.<
I came out a tabketable for her, list e things she needs to do for e day. Since she will be wif mil when we go work, I decided to chk wif mil if she completed her tasks as I realized she behaves abit different when we're not ard.

Joanne, don't feel too sian ok, is she all familiar with your expectations: cleaning, washing, ironing etc? She knows where to get groceries etc? If not can still use this time to train her. Don't worry, once your babies are here you'll have plenty for her to do

Just managed to read e delivery experience some of u mentioned. My hp keep hanging.
Quite scary. N like what sunbelle said, hope all of us hv smooth delivery.

cookie: hvn leh. est nxt week bah. tis time round taking longer cos i xtended thn the oos took quite some time. hehe =) i nw ordering the pyjamus for the mummies. hehehe..

MAID: i still dk wana send her to the FOC training provided by nation ant..send her there only basic housekeeping.. i cm back also got to teach again cos diff method used. dui ma? wad u all think?

Rykiel,
How long is e training? N it's foc? In dilemma lor. U're right too, what they teach doesn't 100% apply to ur style. One example My maid was taught in centre to iron shirts in a method where we see n we faint lor. Hv since told n show her our method so now I don't hv to chk on her ironing.

cherish: u can choose ur own one. FOC. nation agency provides. tt y lor. train liao come back we still have to reteach. eg: they use stove boil water in kettle. my place i use induction cooker, n those boilers electric de. than how? machine not everyone same. n got diff modes also. ironing i use two diff iron for diff purposes. those v thin de all i use steam iron than how? wait she take my thin material ones n gosok until chaota i how. RRRRRRR.. but cons is if she dun go training wait she scali simi also dk how? wah.. realli v confusing. grrr... monday see agent call me whn she do finish her thumbprint i check with my agent stil got wad special ant. cos from what i know is no special training eg for elderly or infant care. only basic house keeping. u wan send one week also can one. so if i dun send her most prob mon or tues can bring her home liaos! wOOHOOo!

Dear all,

I have a couple of baby &amp; toddler stuff to get rid.
Should you interested, please email me at [email protected]

1) Little Twin Star Electronic Rocker(aka yao lan)@ $100 wz full accessories.

2) LG Mat(110 x 180cm) @ $100

3) Fisher Price Rocker @ $60

4) Jumbo Seat/green colour @ $50

5) Playpen @$50 wz full accessories

Note:
Believe me they are all in super good condition

Joanne, my maid does her own daily chores I tell her to do but hor not enuff to fill everyday cos I tell her no need everyday chemical wash the loo....or vacuum hse....she ald clean the fridge, my terrible store-rm my mum will have to give instructions cos in case things fall down on me! She feels very bad to do nothing. So just ask her to do something so it will fill up her day.

Rykiel, got training is better. Like mine she got notes, in her language translate fr eng. Clean floor everyday, separate coloured clothes. Appliances part we definitely must guide, I go ur hse u also wont know hw to use all mah rite? I just pull out all my chiffon n satin material clothes, the rest I just ask her iron, even bedsheets! U saw ur gynae n u got rest?

cookie: Not everything set also need to countdown liao cos seems like gynea doesn't allow us to keep bb inside for too long. Well, he's the expert we'll let him decide and that's why even though his clinic so pack we also 甘愿 wait cos to us he's the best.

Geez....seems like my nose is not only jammed due to estrogen level but I'm really having a badly blocked &amp; runny nose.
sad.gif

Must see doctor oh...

Rykiel,thanks
happy.gif
hopefully in time for me to collect hehe

Laura, its great that u trust ur gynae, yes sounds like he knows your history v well so u r in safe hands. Use the next few days to finish all preps then the last few days to relax n enjoy k, go watch a movie or something with ur ah lao! Life is going to change forever once baby is here!
happy.gif

First time cut hair so cheap - $24 only. Pregnant cannot color and I don't need treatment too. :p
Oh boy! I am really looking like a pumpkin when I see my reflection.

Laura,
How's ur running nose? Better now?
I cut mine yesterday but think will need to trim again near end of mth. Else will be at a length where I will feel hot during confinement period.
Ya, enjoy ur last few days as twosome. =)

Hi lili, cherish n cookie
No.. She cant do groceries shopping yet.. Now bbies not born so she very free...as most of my cupboard already wipe.. Think next resort is wipe the wall.. Any other suggestion on wht she shd do too? Sigh.. Hate the idea of keep thinking what tasks to give her do? Can share share with me ur timetable? Thk u gals..

Hi laura
Did Doc Loh tell u when do ur c sect? So happy for u tt u will be seeing ur bb soon..

Hi gals
Now as the weeks get nearer, not sure why i more stressful..
Keep worry they dun hv enough space n keep worry will they feel distress due to not enough space..;( hope time flies fast fast so i can deliver my bbies healthy soon...;)

<font color="orange"><font size="+2">Diaper Frenzy</font></font>

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Stacker - DS#1 to #10 - $18/-</font></font>
7138356.jpg
7138357.jpg

Measurements: 57.2*30.5*18.5CM
Top embroidery: 15*30cm
Filling space: 43*30cm
Base: 20*30cm

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Pocket DP#1 to #2 - $8/-</font></font>
7138358.jpg

Coffee Or Pink
Measurements: 34*25cm (Opened)
Tentatively fitting 2-3diapers / 2 side pockets

<font color="red"><font size="+0">Diaper Cloth Storage DC#1 to DC#17- $18/-</font></font>
7138359.jpg
7138360.jpg
7138361.jpg

Measurements: 60*50cm
Row 1 = 4 pockets / Row2 = 3 pockets / Row 3 = 2 pockets
NOTE: you can select the same design diaper stacker for an additional of $15/-

<font color="green"><font size="-1">Thanks mummies, those ordering use same spreadsheet -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjqRtB8baMtEdEhycF9Ob29FMVBTYzdwMEtEcTB0OXc 2nd tab. payments to posb sav 126-93221-9.. </font></font>

Joanne,
i asked my maid to clean fans and wipe kitchen walls. Yes, mine is very free now as #2 has not pop out and my boy goes to ccc during weekdays. Hope she will mentally prepare when #2 is out. Sometimes, i'm not only frustrated by maid but also mil too. Just now, maid wants to cook dinner at 430pm. i asked why cant she cook at 5pm since all at home. Mil said cannot as they prepare dinner at 430pm on wkdays, cannot change schedule. I want to faint liao!! never mind, i just close one eye since nothing serious.
will pm u later on my timetable as it is in laptop.

Ya, i also cant wait to deliver as tummy is getting very big and heavy. u're expecting twins so the weight u hv to tahan is even more. 真的辛苦.

Hi cherish
Think i know u best n u know me best as our situation same when come to maid..;) thks so much for sharing ur timetable.. Pardon me.. Urs is burmese too? As i getting forgetful..;p
Ya, i worry i will confuse her too as sometime wht i request is different fr wht hb request..;p ya, many worries for twins as keep worry abt early delivery n yet worry they too squeezy inside n feel distress.. Sigh.. Now at 32wks, bbies r at 2kg.. Hope this weight are ok.. Now not working at home, think will feel time pass slower...;p will hv more time here to chit chat too..;)

Hi rykiel
Can we still take any order fr ur spree? How soon it will deliver? Thk u.. Btw, hows ur maid? Tell u what, i am so busy tt i havent install the camera..;p will do so fr next wk onwards as officially rest at home ler so hope tt now hv more time..;)

cherish: Nose not getting any better cos it's due to my high estrogen level now. See doctor also no use.

Joanne: I'll be seeing Dr Loh again on 15Jun and we'll decide when but he is very sure that he will deliver junior before 20Jun. So I guess it'll be either 18, 19 or latest 20Jun. Hopefully is 19Jun cos at least it'll already in chinese 5th mth.

Back