(2012/07) Jul 2012

Marie, u realli sacrify leh... I cannot be a SAHM. Got to work for income. Otherwise no allowances to give my parent and i cannot buy the things i want.

Qin: After next week my bb will in week 37 which is consider as full term and with him growing at such speed doctor recommend to bring him out sooner cos staying inside until week 40 might not be good. Furthermore, my BP is quite unstable.

Today his estimated weight is 3.2kg @ week 35, coming 36.

nanny: actually most of the nannies are just like our own parents in terms of mentality & age. My #1's nanny is same age as my mum but i have to say I'm extremely lucky to have gotten her cos she is really good when taking care of my boy. Like bhoo said, dun even trust myself to take care and many times she helped me along the way like what to eat for my boy and also cook barley or chrysanthemum or herbal soup to neutralise his heatiness or coolness when he falls sick. And I also dun have to take urgent leave when he is sick cos somehow she always managed to nurse him back to gd health & maximum num of days he is sick is 2 days. I guess most important is really recommendation, nanny's home environment & how comfortable u are with her.

Laura: rest well, take care & enjoy the me-time you have before bb comes alone!

Laura, oic... Now doc realli wanna slaughter u liao. 35 weeks at 3.2kg is very big. Think becoz of ur cereal every morning. Hehe...

Di, yah realli need recommendation.

laura: wha.. that is really serious.. hmmm hope tml i go check up my bb is not overweight..
hopefully i dun haf to go thru under the knife.. anyway u tk care yea.cut down on sugar things..

pink_piglet: yeah..so its better not to drink water except red date water after delivery..
n i already cut my hair short(bob hairstyle..from shoulder length) but my hair still haf my sweat.. haha..

Qin: good ideal..maybe i shall on the same music every night for my bb to listen before i slp.haha.. let him be familiar n dan when he is out he can slp to that music too..haha..

in regards to mil,nanny,infant care: i think most of us would love to be sahm n see our children grow up.. but due to today economic n some of our hubby ability to earn a high income n to sustain our growing expenses..its kinda hard unless we r
1. staying with parents(no need to pay for our own hse)
2. no car to commit
3. no leisure lifestyle such as overseas holidays,nice food like sushi tei,fish & co,etc..
4. no indulge to branded bags/clothes/shoes,etc..
5. be thrifty in every single things..

well i think even if we do the above we oso might not haf enough..
i ever discuss with my hubby,how much must a family need to haf in order to survive n live comfortable.. i told him i think maybe at least $5k.. becoz still must include those insurance,bills,monthly allowance to parents.. headache sia..

back to what i wanna say.. haha.. sorry for diverting my attention so far fetch..i quite lor -sor actually..
i think nanny,infant care,mil.. all got their pros n cons..
no doubt infant care got sick rate..
but i learnt that if we over protective to our children, they will tend to fall sick even more easily in the future when they go to childcare or primary school..
i think all got their goods n bads de..
=) just see which individual mummies feel is the best option n of coz discuss with hubby..
seek their opionion too..

Went for my 33 weeks checkup yesterday. Bb only 1.6kg. Dr want me to eat more high carbo food and hope my weight can hit 60kg by end June. So stress.

Start to eat durian yesterday.

linggie, thanks for the stall addr. but hor. queue so long how to go?!?!

bhoo, agree with you on the salary bit for di! :D
some facials are safe. some use the electrodes thingy better not. i usually call and check if facial safe for preggies before i go. but too lazy lah. with #1 around, i tend to rush home more than i go out ever since he was out.

joy, share pics!!! oh.. after piglet's comments, i better prep my mum to make red date drink once i'm going in. thankfully this pregnancy no water retention at all.

pinkpiglet, me no cut hair cos long hair tie up so much cooler.

tanny, i got black spots now lor!!! freckles all over!!! hopefully they will be gone after pregnancy. will they?

marie, agree with you. my mother really spoils my son. but have to close one eye and do re-training every day. luckily he's the guai introvert type so stil ok. but grandparents sure spoil kid one.

laura, why so fixed? and why magic date of 20 jun? if u want natural better talk to your boy more. btw, is it becos hubby & u big frame too? hubby & me small frame so tat's why bb considered big for us... even tho smaller than yours.

tea, you get to load on food!!! what a joy!!!

cherish & sunbelle, ok update on my checkup today. gynae and my date diff. dunno why. he says i'm 36wk 4 days, i say i'm me 37wk day 1 based on calendar. anyway, i prefer my date. hahaha... at 57.7kg today 0.3kg less than 2wks ago cos i still sick. bb gained 0.3kg at 2.6kg now. good good. and most imptly, she turned to face backwards! head small so doc is ok for me to try vbac. but he did tell me one patient recently went in at 3am tahan until 6pm still cannot so end up c-sect. sad case. so i'm hoping for a difference.

some info, i checked w my gynae on vbac. for induction, he advises against it as inducing means the contraction is not truly natural and happens around the wound area so he rather let God decide vs induction. however, he assured that most delivery cases are early rather than later. rupture chances are 0.5% meaning 1 in 200.

he suggests for vbac once u hv contractions spacing 10-15mins jus go in hospital to monitor safer. for normal can tahan till 5mins but ex-c-sect better go in earlier. thru experience, he can check thru VE to see pelvic bone size vs baby head size. currently my bb head seemed small & wt ok, so he's pro vbac for me at the moment. ok update finish.

Tea: w33 1.6 doc say low? Cos I diff one week from u. My gynae never say anything. Cos just one week I think there should not b difference right?? Maybe u try eat more meals
Instead of a big meal? Early time I can eat alot! Now cannot..so I eat in small portions only.

IFC VS NANNY VS MAID
I fought hard.. Chose maid.
Cos office near hse can cm hm c bb. If IFC quite far away frm my place n another point is too young I can't bear.. Cos my #1 only went to CC whn he was 5YO. Over protective of us? Maybe bah.. My son v timid. U ask him jump he won't dare to de. Hurrr.

So mummies who haven decide.. Take a pen n paper write the three options, $, time, who pick who what time, additional costs, pros/cons.. See which one doesn't hold u back more.. Than decide on it. The more we read the more gong we r. Not every one can suit us. Just like IFC ... Suit me may not suit u. Maid gd for u I take maid but scali I gt bad one leh? There r two sides to everything.. So.... Jiayou!

oh oh, i finally got my admission letter to Mt A liao! it's like getting an official cert kinda feeling. hahahhaha....

Mommies,
Too busy at work n feeling so zombie whole day that didn't login. Threads running so fast that I can't catch up

Facial
It should be ok n safe as long as not using n machines or tools that generate radiation or electric bah. My beautician will use a took that generate a bit electricity to 'kill' germ but once told her I'm pregnant, she stops using as was told not advisable.

Oh, I did a cotton swab test yesterday. Din really ask dr the detail. She only mentioned some infection stuff.

Anyone with KKH can advise me?

Qin: I've got much older friends who's got kids that r more grown up....from the way they behave I know that I will only have 1 shot at teaching the right values to my child. If I miss it, I'll never be able to turn back time
happy.gif

marie, agree. have to catch early.. but even then, u'll never know how they will turn out. key is patience and education. i like to teach, talk and waste a lot of time. my hubby talk then no obey, jus DO IT. deps on style oso. u read abt the french method?

lili_gal: Why gynea fix it before 20 Jun maybe is base on his experience bah. Since he started to see me since my removal of ovarian cysts, IVF and until now, I think he knows my body pattern. Furthermore, that week my boy already considered full term so is safe to pop. I'll try to talk to my boy on going natural.

My hubby and me both very big mah. You no see my FB pics?

eh, me very not on FB leh... i only have one pseudo account where i like pages and such... hehehee..

show me ur fb page and i'll add u.. but nothing inside mine tho.

there's this american who went to france and started comparing how french do their parenting vs the americans... hv to search for it but she wrote a book. basically it's alot of common sense and patience... hmmm... lemme see if i still hv the link.

I can start to plan liao.
Sunday go cut hair short short then next weekend can go remove my jungle bush. *hiak hiak hiak*

hi tea,

you are not alone. my baby oso small at 2.1kg plus only at week 36. all other tests are great. yeah did your gynae ask u to do doppler and CTG tests huh? do you have any hypertension or diabetes huh?

yeah mi oso try to eat lots of durians..used to love durians hehe now majian trying to eat more cos wan to beef up. yeah what did your gynae say huh?

Laura : guess dr loh is playing safe. i seen him being a more catious person which i like. yeah so u decided to go for natural or c-sec huh?

hi tea, should be GBS test. is a bacteria test on the vaganial canal. no worries about it.

liligal i oso got my admission letter. jus in case. actually nuttin muchie is written there rite? hehe

wow laura, good to cut hair. i intend to do that to cut even shorter heheh

anyway today ST say this month super hot ..imagine if to do confinment..singpower will be happy cos we will on aircon hehehe

sunbelle, i had the same thots when i read ST today! but i doubt confinement i'll get to on air-con. maybe only at night. geeshhh.. i hv my super naggy mum in the house & a CL. for the admission letter, nothing much. but u know, it's like a cert.. like this is IT! kinda thing when i received it from the gynae admin today. heheheheheee...

Laura,
I'm going to cut my hair tmr. Can't stand e heat.

Today when walking back, feel a few sharp pain under n suddenly felt e urge to go pee again. Any mommy experiencing this too?

Hi liligal,

yeah I have talked to Mum about showering n under aircon. Cos I wan to prevent all these from happening during the confinement period. yah I ask for the letter myself one hehee is your baby head down n engaged alreadly huh? mine not engaged yet leh. hehee think mus do more exercises.

Hi Cherish,

I also experience this kinda of pain two weeks back. Try drinking some milk. mine seems to be lack of calcium. hehee

sunbelle, i din ask abt engagement! aiya.. so many things didn't ask.. will have to write down. head engage? umbilical cord clamping later? episiotomy? ... geessshhh.. must remember!

cherish, no sharp pain for me but i really feel the c-sect wound there abit tight when i walk around. some sensation and yes i do feel the urge to pee very often.

went to Strip and walked in today thinking i can get rid of my forest bush once and for all. but no, it's all packed at 2 outlets at 1:30pm!!!! why there's so many people hanging around and not working?! did my brows instead but was not very pleased w it.
sad.gif

tmr going for pedi. had to pamper myself before the real deal comes in few weeks!

Tea, most likely it is Strep Group B test. I did it too yesterday. This test is done around week 34/35 to check if there is any urinary tract related infection. If positive then we will be given antibiotics now or during labor.

Lili gal, I stayed in US for 4 yrs n I still believe asian method of teaching our kids. I read a few toddlers psychology books n still reading new ones now. Using their researches with our Asian values, we can be better parents compared to the westerners.
happy.gif

sunbelle: I want to induce, but best is baby wants to come out himself without induction. C-section is my last choice. I will talk to him these few days until my next appt next Fri.

cherish: 热死了!These few days the weather is really a killer. Anyway, I am going to cut it short like a boy so that it'll be easy to wash and dry.
happy.gif

Newsflash! Today is the very first time my BP taken at the clinic is at 126/86 . So super normal! Ha Ha Ha! Surprised!

For now guess we should be reading up about baby sign lingo. I signed with my #1 when she is a baby n now I prepare her about why baby cry n to teach baby how to sign to express himself.

BB, yah.. actually a lot are common sense to educated folks. frankly. so i won't be so bothered but definitely not too lax like westerners. hehehee...

laura, congrats on your BP! actually if u hv no c-sect b4, u can induce right? and still try for natural. but yah, i think most gynaes want us to be mentally prepared and not risk our babies & our health at delivery.

cherish: yes, I do experience the kind of pain u r talking abt. Went for urine test to make sure it's not UTI (cos I also have a bit of burning sensation when I pee)...results not back yet

cherish: i get that often esp aft lunch!!! than hurry go toilet but shh shh only a bit. i guess its due to presure from bb weight to bladder? makes us feel like v v urgent thn got this funny feeling? jus today itself so many times i get this feeeling.. keep gg toilet!

laura: congrats babe!!! hehehe!

Thanks mommies for reply. I dread of walking a long distance now. Still hv to tong for few else before been 'released'

Laura,
Congrats on ur bp! Yes, really hot n humid weather. I can't stand it during wkend since usually at home n no air con in living rm. Can't imagine e confinement period liao.

Earlier this evening, don't know if it's due to hormone or hot weather issue, I flared at hubby on helper issue. Asked mil if helper mopped e flr as found it dirty. mil said she told helper must mop but e latter said no need, tmr mop will do. I suddenly got worked up, told hubby if this continue, e helper won't take instruction fr mil since this was not 1st time she gave excuses to mil. Hubby still can say it's alright n sided e helper. Arrgh

Re: slp in sarong. No offence but I super hate the idea cos my mum's fren grandson's leg was broken while sleeping in it. 1 of leg came loose, n while it was swinging hit the flr n broke. Nw he walk a bit limpy tho ald recovered n grown up into pri sch..... Another thing is a reliant on it, how to bring it for holidays? Told my mil all these n she replied me only put in the day n ur hb n all the kids she look after also liddat.... Hello???? How to ans her? Heng my boy only like to slp in it for fun, play peekaboo during aftern nap.

Although my mum oso stubborn sometimes, explain to her n she will tend to b ok to follow.....somemore she sacrifice come my hse stay, give n take

rer-rer, you can tell her it's apparently not very good for backbone also. but then again, once she used the hubby and all the kids etc, she win liao. last time i had to tell my mum that last time it's in fashion or THE way... now it's not in fashion. hahaha... then she can't fault me lah.

Good morning mommies =)

I sneezed all the way since midnight until now. My sensitive mucus filled nosrils due to my high level of hormones in my body are giving me a hard time. How about you? *sniff*

Good morning!

Nice weather to laze ard.
Laura, my boy n hubby sneezing e whole nite. Sian when think of taking care a sick toddler when hubby going for trip tmr. Sob sob

Now cutting my hair n there are 2 aunties commented my tummy has come down, should deliver soon. I was sweat when heard this. They asked me not to drive by myself. May I know roughly how long or how many wk more will deliver if tummy comes down? Then I can roughly gauge lor.

cherish: They better take care.
I'm not sick but it's my hormones acting up and causes me to have sensitive nose. It never happens to me before and I never have sinus until now.

Tummy come down? Yesterday my gynea shown me where is my bb's head position now, quite low and close to my pubic bone. So my tummy down or not? He also advised me to deliver before 20Jun which means I only have 1 more work week to go and I drive to work. Driving is not a problem but getting my butt into the car is quite a challenge. Hahahaha...

Now...
Since I will attempt for inducing so should I stay in 2 bedded room or single bedded room? Hmm... $$?
But I want hubby to see how I "suffer" by giving him a child leh. Single bedded eh? But I am the one paying the upfront cash first leh. Siong... *thinking*thinking*thinking*
Any mommy out there have experience in staying in TMC and getting a free upgrade?

hi liligal what is umbelical cord clamping huh? yeah mine havent engaged might need c-sec too. yeah so long as everything is okie i guess i go along with gynae's decision.

hi laura, like you i am seeing dr loh ..BP always fail when taken first round then when i rested, slowly falls back liao...yeah i have booked 1 bedder but subject to that day's availability lor..

ladies, do you all set up the baby's cot first huh? some told me padang better to set up after baby is born. any views on this huh? wanna to settle those tins that can be settled first lor..

Morning ladies.. waiting for my turn at d gyne now..
my weight increased by 400grm only.. wonder if it's normal for weight to decrease?

Laura: good ur bp is normal
happy.gif

anyway free upgrade I'm not sure abt 2 to single but did heard of 4 to 2.. but dan again when I went hospital tour the nurse did say they will ask u before upgrading.. so u can try telling them die die oso want them do free upgrade? lol..

rer-rer: how r u feeling??
anyway for sarong r u referring to yao lang? if so well from my understanding from my mil n sil they say it's good for baby so they wun be so easily frighten.. n d head will b rounder.. that's wat they say la.. n my hubby agreed w them since he saw how his 2 sisters in law tk care of his 11 nieces n nephews..so apparently he heed their advise rather dan a first time mummy n no exp of looking after babies like me
sad.gif

well since I'm staying w my mil I just haf to go by d traditional way tat I'm been told lor..
lucky thing for me now my hubby allow me to use disposable diapers instead of napkins already.. make my life easier..

Rer rer, how i wish my mum come my hse do confinement for me but she prefer me go to her hse do coz she buy food easier.

Laura, my sis give birth at TMC and she got a free upgrade from 4 bedded to 2 bedded bcoz 4 bedded full.
Actually i wish to give birth at 37 weeks when bb is already full term. Dun realli aim for natural coz scare bb too big, very difficult to come out but my gynae prefer natural.

Sunbelle, i havent set up bb cot yet. I gonna get bedsheet from aussino first den wash them. Maybe after give birth den setup
happy.gif

Joy, yah oldies said slp yao lang head rounder and safer. Baby will tend to flip and if not aware of it, bb may suffocate. Yao lang got sell the sarong wif full of holes which is very liang for the bb while slping.

Talking abt cut short hair, my hubby forbid me to cut short. Dunno why also. Haiz... And he ask me after give birth, go rebond.

Anyone have gone from growth scan already? Think only mummies delivering at kkh has to go for growth scan.

sunbelle: Were you there at the clinic yesterday? Bcos there's a mommy who also fails the BP test like me.

joy_javen: Dilemma. I think I'll go for 4 and hope for 2.

Qin: I aim for natural cos I don't want to go through another cut which I already have a 7" on my back due to slipped discs. Furthermore, I want to go through the normal process to feel what my mom and mil have gone through before, like a woman.
Psst...some man got fetish for long hair woman. Hee hee hee...

Back