(2012/07) Jul 2012

cherish & linggie, thanks for update. I used to give 80 when arrive and 120 when leaving... like abit too much esp when i dun really fancy her gossipy & grumpy nature. after checking w some friends, they give only 60 in total! 88-108 is total right?

liligal: Yeah, you sound like you got the flu virus...i kena about 1 mth back, totally knocked out for a few days...and the only safe flu medicine is the drowsy one, so was sleeping away...take care and get well soon...

cherish, liligal: hey, i also have the same issue with #1's clothes...only 2 year age gap and some of #1 clothes has turned yellow! Whatever can be salvaged I keep, then bought some new ones for #2...

CL angpow: My CL said no need to give arrival ang pow lei...just the departure one...we gave $200 last time, so about the same as giving one at arrival and one at departure...

my drawer chest will be arriving this weekend, time for me to prepare the baby room and start washing the clothes...most things bought already but have not unpacked them yet! Getting kan chiong liao - 6 weeks plus to go to EDD and even less time if deliver before EDD!

Ourlovestory : mine is also last week, last Saturday in fact. I'm going back next Saturday
happy.gif
yup u have to register for the tour. U can also register for the tour at the reception counter at the hospital side. Are u expecting a boy or girl?

liligal: haf a speedy recovery soon yeah=)
anyway what is orh kueh??
haha.. the other day i was craving for lopez kueh n putu mayam.. n my hubby no choice but to buy for me..

rer-rer: rest well.. n try not to walk too much bah..

i m feeling kinda restless today=(
dun feel like doing anything..
but i need to teach pple how to enter orders.. n my manager next week ask me to help another person backup when another colleague is on leave..
it seems like so many things to do.. =(
my work is all spread out to everyone.. which make many pple not happy like why cnt they find back up for me like a temp or sth..

wk 32 day 03.. n i still havent do much things esp handing over on the reports.. gosh!!!
stress..

btw mummies yesterday went to buy durian again..
but its more like i bought for family to eat.. i ate 1 seed yesterday only.. i control!!!
haha..
the durian seller oso funny lah.he say durian is oki to eat.. but ask me to drink more coconut water=p n oso he told if i can ask me to drink alcohol during confinement period to keep myself warm.. but the alcohol all must boil first(so u may wan to cook with dishes)so the alcohol level wun be so high..

Today super busy cos' 1 colleague went in-camp-training so I won't be active today.

Tomorrow going for my appt again. Lets hope for the best.

Orh kueh is yam cake right? Hehe... I crave for 9 layer kuey but my husband nvr buy for me coz my place nvr sell. End up i go bengawan solo buy but is not the taste n texture i wan.

My husband so nua at home. Only eat, play games and slp. The only hsework he do is vacuum n mop floor every sun. Den wash clothes, hang clothes, cook, iron clothes all i have to do. Even pour a cup of water also need me to do. Haiz...

Hi ladies.. on mc staying hm today.. down with bad sore throat with lotsa pyhlem..
sad.gif
doc says the weather is crazy these few days & lotsa people are falling sick.. so mummies must rem to drink more water ya!

liligal: i have checked that we will still bleed if csect.. so must buy pad also! when i signed up for cordlife, they gave me a lot of NB romper sets with mittens and socks! hee hee.. although not the very pretty type but still can wear at home since bb also not going out ;p

Thanks mummydee and mummylee for the links!
happy.gif

Rachel: we have met! My last appt was also last sat! I was there for my ctg..hee heee...

take care zhen!!

yah me kena flu virus i think. was given the flu med the drowsy one and ate one thsi morning. whole world spinning in office. lunch time went to nap in some small room sitting up but par down on table and it was so so so so good! just 40mins i already feeling good but not enuff. must tong today... then no more already!!! keep telling myself.

qin & joy, yah orh kueh is yam cake. my hubby quite nice want to go out buy for me at night cos he says this is the only time he allows me to indulge but i can't think of where to buy at 10pm so give up.

qin, very irritating right? esp when u hv cravings, finally get it and not very satisfied in the end due to the quality.

zhen, u kena too? take care. watch ur phlegm cos better get antibiotics if becomes yellow & thick. i dragged for 5 days before i go take antibiotics. shud hv done it earlier and save myself the trouble & agony

ourlovestory, yah.. i had c-sect and bled for few days. but my house lotsa pads so no worries. hahaa... i usually forgot i bought them and kp buying whenever i m at watsons.

ourlovestory: A lot? wah so good! i signed up for cordlife and got one cordlife set only. Haha maybe this sounds kiasu but like u said, since wear at home only, i wouldnt have minded if i got a few more.

liligal: i totally agree. i had a craving that lasted for 3 whole mths cos i simply couldnt find one that tasted as good as my taste buds seemed to expect. Ended up feeling even more unsatisfied after, and it was only after like 6 attempts did I finally find one that was passable.
sad.gif

Hi mommies

I have a brand new unopened Mustela Stretchmark cream,150ml, expiry dated Feb,2014, willing to let go at $47, which is a more than 20% off from the retail price of $59.90. Collection in the west around Buona Vista/Dover region. If keen, pls PM me.. Thks.

Hello, just came back from gynae appt. Placenta has shifted up n baby head is still facing downward in correct position. Dr is happy for me it is most likely a natural birth. At end week 34, baby at 2.4kg. From now on seeing my gynae weekly so next Thursday seeing him again.

Cherish, when my #1 head shifted further down I can feel it n it is like baby is going to drop out. I m not sure r other mommies feeling the same. Mine only shifted further down on the actual delivery day.

Was talking to the nurses at the clinic, they told me at Mt E, all things provided for us in the room r charged in standard so must use or bring home k? N if u never request to open the bed sofa, they won't charge u for additional bed. My hb said he has no problem to sleep on the long enough sofa, no need to open up. Bring extra towel for ur hb if he is staying with u. Single bed, hb sleeps sofa without opening up to make a bed, no additional charge.

hika: yes i have a few sets and still ask me want somemore or not?! ha ha ha... can wear la.. with a little dragon in front
happy.gif
comes with swaddle cloth too so it is good! I have not wash them yet...

liligal: i think you better go home and rest after your meeting k...

BB: happy for you and your bb.. i really hope that my bb will starts turning :-/

Laura: good luck! hope that your gynae do not "slaughter" you too early!!

rachel: I am having a girl
happy.gif

88-108 is the closing ang bao only, i think with the opening ang bao in, thereabt total 100-138.

talking abt orh kueh, there is a good one at Sunset way-Classic Cakes, beside Daily Sccop (Chendol is my fave flavour hehe).

Ourlovestory, did u try the exercise? U can do it on the bed. Kneel on the pillow, then your body bend forward with your arms (hands to elbows) resting on the bed. Butt tilt up for a few minutes. My nose started to block when I tilted this way so I could only do it few minutes in the nights before I sleep n I make sure my hb is with me. Do it slowly n carefully n stop if any pain. After week 35 cannot do anymore, too late. I only did err 4 times n baby turns. Baby was in transverse for many months.

linggie, oooh yah... classic cakes orh kueh not bad. east coast also have. actually telok blangah crescent hawker center got this teochew kueh store opened by this old lady. only open during weekend mornings. their orh kueh is super pang and nice. even classic cake one cannot compare. but sometimes they dun open. *drooling*

actually today i'm thinking of char kuey teow....

Ourlovestory: oh!! Yes I was also there for ctg! Are u the mummy with the cute girl who wants to drink milo? I was there about 12.30 to about 2pm. U?

Lili gal, best org kuey, my house! My mil is very good in org kuey n glutenous rice. Best ingredients! But better don't eat too much yam now n during confinement, it is "poisonous" like prawns.

Rachel: no, i am a first time mum
happy.gif
I was there earlier till about 11 plus.. there is also a lady besides me doing ctg.. so i guess that is not you...

i am waiting to eat dumpling soon! hee hee.. but very difficult to digest one right?!

Ourlovestory, actually I was scare too but my helper told me in Philppines, before they give birth they hv to see a special "consultant", the old lady in the village will massage their tummy so hard to force turn the baby if the position is wrong. It is extremely painful but so far workable. Guess it gave me the courage to try the exercise taught by my TCM physician. Good luck to you.

laura,
all the best for your gynae checkup on tmr!

BB,
thanks for ur explanation. i didnt experienced this for #1 as delivered him in wk38.

zhen,
u take care too

ourlovestory,
i had c-sec too and i bled ard 1wk plus.

Mrs C,
didnt see u online for sooo long. happy preparing for your baby room ;)

i had a coke float for lunch and now, tummy expands till i feel like exploding!!

Liligal, yah lor so irritated. But no choice, eat other food to substitute lor.

BB, one week one time good leh... Very fast can ser bb again
happy.gif

Ourlovestory: oh I see! Yeah I also did my ctg and dr lee told me that baby is super active. He said she is dancing inside. I can feel my tummy jumping up n down and rocking so hard for a good ten minutes during the ctg. it was the first time it happened. Hahaha! So are u expecting a boy or girl? When is your next appt? Mine will be next sat at 12.30pm again.

cherish: yes, havent been posting here for a while but have been reading...coz busy period at work...today a bit more relax, so can come in more often...hey, i think you mentioned you just celebrated your #1 2nd birthday? He's a june 2010 bb? Mine also - end of June 2010 bb...

Mrs C,
High Five! yes. my boy is early jun 2010 bb. hehehe. he's so naughty and active now. really worried if he will get out of control or not. not easy to be parent lor.

Cherish, my #1 also delivered in week 38. Arrrhh which means I might not experience head moving further down for #2. Each pregnancy is so different.

Qin, yeah every week can see baby so good but which also mean the big day is coming....

does anyone of u perspire more than before and cause your body smell is stronger than usual? i feel i sweat so much more n body smell is much stronger in my last trimester.

ahhh thanks liligal, i stayed very near telok blangah! but we always go for dinner bcos we always go safra swimming.

56mama, i do sweat alot more bcos weather is so humid and our temp is higher, i cant even say i go swimming, go soaking more like it since pelvic pain is making it hard to swim as well.

What is ctg scan? Is it the same as growth scan? That means every the length of every parts of body and the weight, check water lvl etc?

56mama: i def perspire much more now and like linggie say, could be cos of weather. I can wake up in the middle of the night perspiring despite having the fan blowing at me.

linggie, where do u stay? Bukit Purmei? I used to stay near telok blangah too!

all these kueh kueh, bak chang and food cravings are making me hungry again, despite just had lunch @ 1pm....

Hi qin: ctg is a test that requires u to lie down and relax for 30 mins, they will strap on some stuff to your tummy and they will monitor baby movements and heartbeat.
happy.gif
it's quite interesting cos u get to hear baby's heart beat very loudly!

i can sweat watching tv with 2 fans blowing me, i kept complaining the wind from the fan is hot!

I stay at tiong bahru, my mil stay at bukit purmei! hehe best lor mee at purmei!

I'm trying very hard to ignore my food cravings and reading all these discussion on all the yummy food is making me VERY HUNGRY!

Besides monitoring fetal heartbeat, CTG is also used to measure contractions. I will be doing mine when I hit week 36 onwards.

yes.. i'm never so afraid of heat you know! but recently, i need aircon.. to me fans give out hot air! i nv use to perspire easily and now, omg.. i perspire even when fan is blowing..
now you all remind me of ba zhang i have at home! i can't wait to eat it! =)

I have heard of gynaes who are very pro natural delivery and will help turn your babies during delivery if baby is still in breech position. So for mummies who have babies still in breech position, you can discuss with your gynaes to check their opinion on that.

argh! I think I'm gonna go dabao some bak chang later on my way home. hahaha..

linggie, it used to be the best lor mee but think standard dropped, too much msg but talking about it makes me drooooool.. lazy to travel from potong pasir all the way there to eat leh. =p

BB(alva): u mentioned ur placenta shifted up, just wondering if there's anything u did or we can do to let it shift up? cos my appt last Sat @ week 34, placenta was still borderline, 7.4cm away from my cervix. Gynae say prefereably for it to shift up more in order to have a safe natural birth...

Thanks BB! i will try it out one more time tonight!! But i can actually feel the bb head is still on top now .. *worried*

bhoo: when i asked my gynae about exercise to turn my bb, my gynae told me sternly not to believe those old wife tales and let my bb decides to turn or not! ;p

mummylee: I like ba zhang too! but must control a bit.. cannot eat too many!

Rachel: good that your bb is active!
happy.gif
I am expecting a bb gal! my next appt is friday but i might need to reschedule it to sat coz my hubby cannot make it on fri... does your hubby always go with you for appt?

hi mummies.. work is just overloading n haf no time to reply to all the interesting threads..

yesh i do perspire more dan before.. n i always felt that i ran 2.4km even for walking of a 5mins distance.. my hair will be dripping already..

my backache is getting worse too=( i lie on my bed n i dun feel like getting up.. if my hubby is ard he will haf to help me support my back to push me to sit upright..

as for cravings, i got lotsa of cravings too.. n 1 of it is kimchi but my hubby dun let me eat kimchi=( Lor Mee I think i ate once only at the bukit purmai.. too many pple n hard to find parking..
bak zhang!!! haha i been wanting to eat that few times for breakfast too..but think coz of the festival n the prices sore up quite expensive sia..

ourlovestory: haha depends..though i already slot my gyne appt on saturdays afternoon from 2-4pm also no use.. my hubby sometimes need to work oso=( n end up i go alone to see my baby..though many times i wish he was there..but he did try to make an effort to acc me if possible..

di, there is nothing you can do to shift your placenta up. Placenta moves upwards naturally as your uterus expands. So you will just have to wait and see.

ourlovestory, your gynae is just like mine! My gynae is very old school and no nonsense type. He believes that the best way of delivery is to get the baby out as safely as possible. So if need to c-sect then just c-sect... and I kinda agree with him. My fren's gynae on the other hand is very 'modern' and if you want to have water birth, home birth, breech birth, etc he can do for you. His patients are mostly angmohs and he charges a whole hell lot more than my gynae.

bhoo: thanks... doc told me that too and i was hoping there's some old wives' tales like what my mil has been asking me to do: put pillow under leg when lying down. Maybe she taught by doing so the placenta will literally move up. hahaha... no harm trying though.

Hi Everyone,

I have been a reader for sometime, hope its not too late to join this group. I will be delivering in late july at TMC.

Btw , I saw someone posting abt the sandals fitflop.
I actually told my hubby to buy me a pair as I have difficulty wearing my shoes, but when he went OG to find, he say the tag says NOT suitable for pregnant lady. So lady out there wearing this slipper please just take note.

bhoo: yes, my gynae is really very old school type! ha ha ha... rachel, you agreed? ;p but he is not giving me a lot of reassurance so i do feel scare leh...

joy: i have the same backache problem too! nowadays, my hubby have to help to me get up from bed, wear socks etc.. i think your hubby does want to go with you to see bb but has no choice that he has to work also... most impt is that he must be there for you when you deliver!!!

di, agree that no harm having pillow under legs. Even if your placenta does not move up, elevating your legs will improve circulation and reduce water retention =)

ourlovestory, dun worry too much abt baby's position now. Even if baby is in good position for natural delilvery now, few days before delivery, baby can still turn back to breech position. That was what happened to one of my frens. So there's really nothing much we can do but just wait and see. Baby healthy can already =)

Back