(2012/07) Jul 2012

rachel and mummylee: my edd is around 13 july.

qin: sahm = stay at home mother

di: as long as your hubby can afford and support, you can still enjoy "AL" from him as a sahm! ;p

cherish & di, me still drink kopi everyday if i'm in office except now that hvg cough & sore throat i stopped. in the afternoon will drink green tea or milo. very ill disciplined mummy here. me too, #1 didn't drink at all!

di, how old is ur #1? not putting in pre-school?

think my temperaments really not very good being a preggy in a hot weather and down with sickness. i just kp getting upset w hubby but control control and dun wana tell him. sometimes just hint hint or say one liner only. or else sure come out very bad. but control control also not happy cos all bottled inside. u all feeling gd lately?

Wah liligal, cannot all keep to urself. One day u will break down and cried. Especially now easily get depression. Somemore body already feel hot, our temper sure hot de. Just release everything out lah if u feel unhappy. Or u can share here to release all ur hotness. Hehe...

rachel: i'm booked for a single room because i want my bb to room in with me 24h, also hubby can stayover. we'll be able to talk freely too without the concern of my roommate. dont you have to book your room already?

Liligal, I also find my temper very short these days. Can't even stand myself. Keep picking on my husband. Poor fellow.

Hika, I had the same weight problem as you. Keep myself to 3 square meals, but weight keep going up. Now I've given up. Don't worry, my friend she put on 20kg during her preg, but slim down very quickly after birth. She retained water till quite bad. Now I think my water retention also quite jiak lat and the standard 15kg max weight gain for preg doesn't seem to include water retention.
My doc also say don't torture myself. Main thing is to keep happy. Also, according to my colleague, if we don't eat what we crave, baby will drool a lot. Haha

liligal,
same here. i controlled my diet well for #1 but when comes to #2, all out of control.
dont keep everything bottled in yourself. u try to talk to ur hubby or maybe u could let him know it's due to hormones changes in body, that's why feeling unhappy. he should be able to understand. sometimes i threw temper to my hubby and he said he can't understand why i can get upset for such minor things. when i cooled down, i tried explaining to him, saying i also dont know why, maybe due to pregnancy hormones.
happy.gif

citizen, yah... i dunno whether i'm picking on him jus becos my temper is not good or i'm truly irritated. so i still keep my cool when i talk to him but actually i'm like flaring inside lor!!!!

qin, ya lor hor.. i also scared i get depression!!! hahahhaha...

ok going to see doc again... sigh.... my poor boy, having holidays but daddy and mummy not there to bring him out or even play w him. i feel really really bad.

cherish: Thanks! i keep telling myself i can do it! even if i can't, also have to try and make it work :p

liligal: My boy is turning 3 yrs old in 2 weeks' time, he is attending those 2 hours tots house now but having June hols now. good thing is he keeps telling me he will help take care of mei mei and change diapers for her but kids no matter what will feel jealous especially after 3 yrs of attention only on him. cross fingers that he will be a understanding kor kor...

cherish:
i dun drink coffee..
haha.. yeah n i gena nagged by the elders saying next time our baby very hard to look after..

mummy lee: excatly.. my hubby say me.. mon to fri i always dun wan to wake up.. end up weekends always so auto wake up.. even stay at home mc i oso feel bored.. like dunoe what to do..

zhen: yea will go buy a new pair of slippers soon..
either today or tml.. lucky my office i got a pair of slippers for office wear only(those bedroom slippers)

di: hahaha.. dun worry too much yeah..
but my gf did tell me she more tired as she need to be 24/7 standby..
it will be good if someone is there to help u out oso lor=)

lili_gal: u shldnt keep things to urself..
actually i oso very short fuse after i m preggy..
n my gf call it the 'wu ming huo' which means no reason fire.. coz she watch the kang xi lai le.. n they were saying there is this wu ming huo in us..
my tolerance level is quite high for many things.. n i will always put myself into other pple shoes.. but after i m preggy.. i slightest thing oso pek chek.. n seriously honestly i will burst out crying n i feel better after that=)
so dun bottle up ur feeling..its easily to get depression like wat other mummy say..
just explain to ur hubby what u r unhappy with.. else it will strain the relationship de..

liligal: i also feel sad at times and my hubby just don't understand the stress i am facing so i will cried it out myself.. it helps but still not good for bb.. talking to your hubby is better...

di: your boy is so sweet leh! can help to take care of mei mei
happy.gif

i just bought a packet of sofy pads.. it is 41cm.. the longest i can find in watsons store! hee hee...the normal nite flow one is only 35cm and some doesn't come with wings too.

I cannot don't loon. At the very least I have to do my part to prevent any harm to my baby especially doctor has given me the warning sign. Cut down in sugar to control pregnancy diabetes and cut down in salt to control hypertension. I've even stopped drinking my SimilacMum for 2 weeks already so to control baby's weight. At week 35 baby's estimated weight measuring at 2.7kg. Some ppl say he's heavy but some says normal. Sigh...as long as he's healthy can liao.

hi Rachel, dun worry too muchie. jus keep on drinking milk and also eat lots of meat. think of it postively, for natural is easier.

hi cherish i oso find that at times when hormones raging hor, very easy to throw temper and also cry easily. really hope we wil not go into sadness after delivery.

yeah somehow got this aniexty in me tat hopefully i can tahan all the night feeds and waking up at nite cos i am a person whom really slept lotsa lor....do you all have lots of aches huh? seems like backache and also shoulder aches etc.....

i oso hope my baby will gain more weight and head down to go for natural delivery hehee
happy.gif

citizen: how did your fren shed off for the water retention? I think my main problem is all on my lower body: legs and water retention... don't know can recover or not :-/

Hmmm... Mummylee I didn't take the consideration that baby can room in with me into consideration for single room. Now that you talk about it, I'm beginning to sway a little. Hahaha! Imagine if both of us deliver on the same day!! Is yours a baby boy or girl?

liligal: yup. i agree with joy_javen. whenever you feel upset about something, tell yourself that its the preggy hormones! i try not to be so upset. if i am, i'll tell my hubby that i'm feeling so frustrated and irritated but i dont know why! maybe like what joy_javen say, 'wu ming huo'. but i wont flare up with him.. i'll tell myself that i'll regret it so much to flare up at an innocent guy (our hubbies we're talking about!)
at least, let him know that you're really upset, so he knows.

Mummylee: mine's a girl! Ya we can meet if we both deliver on our EDD! I really must go down to do my registration already before all the rooms are snapped up.

Mummylee: mine's a girl! Ya we can meet if we both deliver on our EDD! I really must go down to do my registration already before all the rooms are snapped up.

ourlovestory: yeah i oso bought the longest..
haha 41cm. n i realised sofy got 2 different kinds of packaging lei.. but i bought when watson was having the private sale event..so it was like $3.08/pkt which haf 8 pcs..

anyway mummies.. no doubt we haf the wu ming huo..
n yes we always hope our hubby be understanding..but they too haf their fair share of stress too.. esp for those first time mummies..they are oso kan jong n wish they can provide the best for our kids.. but to us.. every single things we want the best oso n we might think our hubby is not putting an effort..
but its time when u see how ur hubby will talk to ur lil ones or when lil things he do such as making sure we wun catch a cold n got the blankie cover for us..u can see he truely care..
MEN ARE STILL MEN.. they are slow at certain things.. especially when come to expressing their love n concern openly=) or rather some wun show coz they are quite EGO..
so sometimes we haf to cut some slack for them too.. hehe..
actually honestly my hubby will gena from me even when i got pek chek with my friends or work related.. but he will just keep quiet oso dunoe what to do..

but no matter what we r unhappy with.. talk to ur hubby..talk to ur colleagues(close ones of coz) talk to ur gfs.. talk to whoever!!! vent out whatever frustration.. sometimes which i think most of the times.. is just hormones playing the trick=p haha.

wah wah ... u all cry somemore ah.... ok now i feel better. thanks ladies. i havent reached the crying stage but jus super pek chek like why he so nua. cos he jus resigned due to politics in office but at home instead of taking more care of the boy, he jus sit at his computer and surf or else he'll be reading and reading and reading. newspapers, magazines, books etc. poor boy holiday still no one to play w him. and i secretly think he jus pretend to be stil sick even tho i think he recovered 90% liao.

of cos i could hv launched into paragraphs when talking to him abt this but in the end jus one liner per every 2 hrs... or else he flare up if i nag too much and dunno if at this stage i know how to handle emotionally. scarly i realy go into depression after he flare up! hahhaa.. so better stay cool cool.... or else no one cut coconut also for me. but then again, that's why i dunno if it's my hormones at play or i'm truly irrirated w him. but but... vent here abit quite good leh... thanks ladies!
happy.gif

di, yah, our son same age! girl also!!! my son 2 mths younger. i think u hv to put him in school or else quite hard to handle alone leh. esp 1st 2 mths, u got help?

ourlovestory, yah, i also found sofy the longest! hahahaha...

laura, i think 2.7kg at 35wks ok leh. mine already 2.3kg at 34wks. somemore i short plump small size kind. bb wun be tall also.

qin, carbo turns into sugar when not in use. hahaha...

btw, so did u all get the spray thing for natural delivery?

liligal: he will start his 2 hrs sch from 25th June onwards, now worry when i'm doing confinement if I can manage to send him sch @ 9am den bring him back at 11am so everyday must time properly i.e. feeding time for #2. Good thing is the sch is abt 5mins walk from my house.

joy: u r right! Men will always be Men, egoistic and sometimes dunno how to 'zhi dong'. Certain things expect them to do/know but to them must spell out loud... Especially during preg, we get irritated more so mummies rem to breathe in & out and relax more!

Liligal, it's time for u to cry to make ur hubby scare. Hahaha since u nvr cry before.

Actually now economic not good and hard to get a job. Ur hubby may be stress also.

I heard that potatos sugar is more than rice. I should zip on potatos liao.

joy: your sofy purchase is cheap, it is $4 original price at watson. one is the cotton material and the other one is the dry wire material, that's why there are 2 kind of packaging i guess..

liligal: i also pek chek with my hubby whenever he plays games and ignore me... and not making effort to prepare for the bb things and talking to the bb etc... but sometimes he also feels helpless at my "wu ming hou" coz he said he just don't know what to do! ;p

btw, my poo is all black color these days.. any mummies having the same? i don't know why also..

my backache is damn painful and any position i sit also not comfortable.. just waiting to go home soon!

hi di and joy, agree cos men will be men. i told mine to bring this slow cooker down and food warmer down. he will say slowly still got time. guess i am those whom preplanned ahead. i wanted to ensure enuff power points cos my kitchen powerpoints not that many.

hi ladies,

long time din hear from J03 liao...Laura : you are not in today huh? din hear from you too...yeah where are u huh?
happy.gif

sunbelle: I'm here. Made a couple of posts in the am and pm, you no see me?

Anyway, feeling really lousy today. Swollen feet with toes looking like 甜不辣, dizzy head and stomach gas that's making me nausea.
sad.gif

Hi Laura,

think I blur blur miss them when reading on the iPhone. yeah agree with u, feel low energy n oso like not wanting to do anything. Walk like 400 m majian mus rest a while before I continue. hmmhmm dun noe issit mus speed up or increase our exercise or should slow down. Headache.

Rachel, ourlovestory: which level are you ladies choosing? level 5 or 6?

Rachel: i haven't done my registration! haha.. you just reminded me. i only told the nurse my preference at my gynae's

Just reported to GP, after lying in bed in daze for so many hours, got an mc for today for dizziness. Cannot take some more cos office boh lang liao.

Any mommies out there is like me, keep craving for spicy food?

laura: oh gosh.. drink more warm water oki..
hope u r doing okie..

sunbelle: i m same like u i will always think ahead.. n plan n such.. or rather looking for the cheapest deal..i told hubby we r quite tight so we need to save if possible..so lucky thing he still make an effort to go expo with me last week..n this week we will go to kiddy palace to get the pigeon multifunction set=)
sometimes i will just pick timing to talk to my hubby.. coz he is stress with work oso.. so i must wait till he good mood dan i can talk to him..
lili gal: i think ur hubby oso stress with ur #2 coming n he prob thinking another huge expenses again n he quit his job at home surf net to find other jobs maybe??
so give him the benefit of doubt yea??
anyway i havent till the extent i cry coz hubby make me pek chek..i more to frenz issues..haha..

ourlovestory: yeah its pretty cheap.. i did post when it was watson sale the other day.. haha..
i went to grab it during lunch hr with my colleagues n bought 9pkts.. change approx. 3 times a day.. (dependable on flow oso)
anyway i did experience black stools for awhile sometimes it maybe green color=( i think i will ask my gyne this saturday..but i did bleed when i pass motion=(

di: yeah.. but anyway that is their personality..
that is y men always like to say we think alot..
my hubby will always tell me to slowly slowly..
n i will ask him y he like to drag..
he will tell me as long as before baby give birth can liao mah.. he will get things done for me de..ask me dun worry so much.. haha..

Laura: i cannot take spicy after i m preg=( my taste bud is different liao=(
last time i use to like to put lotsa of chilli esp sambal..now i cannot le.. sob sob..

I bought whisper ultra lei ... I think 40cm? How many packs must we buy huh? I am seriously lacking in storage space.

ourlovestory, my poo is also very dark coloured... like dark green or black. I think it's normal? As long as not constipated can already =)

Laura and Hika, I feel you. I eat healthily and did not increase my calorie intake but still gain weight like crazy. I really think it's water retention. My calves, ankles and feet are VERY swollen. My hope is that after delivery can just bf like crazy and shed all the water and weight =)

So far my mood has been pretty good. No bad temperament or anything... but I look bad =S I look tired all the time with dark eye circles and puffy lids. So I dunno which is worse. Looking bad or feeling bad. Heh.

Lili_gal, what spray thingy for natural delivery are you refering to?

joy: yeap, most have similar personality or rather mentality.

bhoo: think its liligal meant the spray for below after natural birth. think i saw in previous threads but can't rem the brand. Normally after natural birth, doc will give us some lotion to clean with cotton wool... think the spray works similarly ba...

Di, you mean like a douche? Those that you get from guardian? Mmmmm, nobody told me abt that lei. Is it necessary?

laura: giddy also can take mc? i have been feeling giddy since this morning but i no go see doc la..

joy: do we need so many packets of pads? how long will we bleed? OOops.. i bought 1 packet only! ha ha ha...

so i am not the only one with dark dark poo poo.. i think should be normal then!
happy.gif

laura, i didnt crave for spicy food, but my tolerence level for spiciness has went up after i am preggy. my colleague are all shocked at the amount of chilli i take..

ourlovestory, my poo poo also dark dark de. dont worry as long as no constipation, i guess it's ok..

bhoo: nope, not douche. It's like a bottle spray that is used for spraying below, the contents inside is meant for spraying after natural birth probably to ease the discomfort ba, not very sure too. Saw it on some website cos some mummies posted on another thread but now I can't rem which thread...

joy_javen: Just had another coconut. Yum! :p

ourloverstory: Can leh. If dizzy cannot take mc then I go office and faint how?

cherish: Yes! Tom yam. Yum yum! Oh! Laksa (but now cannot eat cos too lemak). I eat 煮炒 also ask for more sambal chilli. Oo..la..la.. Eat 耗煎 minus the 耗 and eat only the 煎蛋 then 配 with the chilli. Oh! Heaven!

Does anyone feel e urge to go pee when walking? Though visited loo not long ago? I'm walking to bus stop n couldn't walk too fast. Feel my bladder is so full n I just went toilet before leaving office.

Laura: haha.. yum yum hor.. so refreshing right. hehe..

anyway bhoo n ourlovestory: haha. i oso dunoe how many packets we need. for me i feel its impt for us to keep changing pad oso.. as we didnt bleed for 9 mths liao.. n i heard its dependable? some bleed for 2 weeks some bleed for a mth.. so i m just buying just in case..anywya its super cheap..just buy n store lor..haha..

bhoo: you are a happy mummy with no temper one is it?!

di: why do we need the spray? the hospital will give us some lotion for cleaning right?

zhen: i am the same as you; i do not take spicy food normally but now my tolerence level has went up too! Btw, Are you having a prince or a princess??

Laura: I seldom take mc one.. so i don't know.. everything also try to tahan and continue to work! today is really terrible... headache and giddy...
sad.gif

cherish: i have the feeling of visiting the loo more often now even after just 10 mins.. but when i did go, there is just a drop or two only! :-/

Cherish, same here. Baby pressing on bladder. Sian right?
Linggie, I think u are right abt the iron pills causing poo to be black ....mystery solved!
Joy_javen, ur 1 pack how many pieces? I think I better go buy more too.

Back