(2012/02) Feb 2012

hihi

anyone here with lawrence ang at sunplaza, can confirm if the package starts from week 5? cos when i saw him last week, he charged $180 plus for a short consult and a short tummy scan, and when i tried to arrange a next appointment, the lady said to call back.

Hi mummies,

I'm having bad news also.. Haiz feel so sad..

Had bright red bleeding on last sat and went to kkh O&G 24 clinic, doc say could only find yolksac and it looks abnormal, very high chance to miscarriage... doc over there was rude, he asked me where was i following up for this preg then i told him TMC, he told us straight that TMC also has a 24 hr clinic.. But well, 3 days ago my gynae told us he saw a faint heartbeat and then kkh doc cant even find a baby, he told us to wait for my body to pass out the "abnormal" yolk sac..
?Ever since yesterday, i have been feeling giddy all the while.. feel like vomiting.

am i still preg with the symptoms still showing?
Arh.. confused..

manage to reach dr ang;s clinic, says he's away feb period and won't be able to deliver any babies, hence he will not take in any patients.
sad.gif

anyone has suggestions of other gynaes in the north (next to mrt station) preferably.

babymaking: you can try dr adrian woodworth at cck, he is a good friend of dr ang.. yup, heard dr ang has increased price, package is 570 if u have been with him before... used to be 550, he's a nice gynae.

Dragon: maybe you go seek 2nd opinion first before scaring yourself. Or maybe the ovulation is late so baby still small? I also duno how to advise. Go see another doctor first.

dilemad
eh, other than Dr woodworth? his q is just as long as Dr ang

if you are still bleeding, you shd be on bedrest and increase your hormonal support eg progesterone jab.

babymaking> which area are you staying? maybe you can try my gynae, Dr Woo Bit Hua? He has two clinic one in Tiong Bahru and the other one is Ponggol Plaza. I find him quite nice and approachable.

suet> glad to hear that. I shall get it after trimester...i read very good reviews about this product.

La Mer: Sorry to hear tat... most importantly is diao your body now... Jia you!!

Pearl: Pre-natal education can be bought online? Sorry, kinda of confused, is it self-taught kinda of thingy?

i'm in sembawang, quite ok with anywhere next to a MRT station as i have to lug my boy and his stroller along. can't imagine if nearer to edd, got to take bus etc.

Dragon_dilema2 (dilemad) ,
I would think to go to get a second opinion from a gynae and see what the gynae recommends. Get a proper confirmation.

You can still get pregnancy symptoms even when miscarry because it takes time for the HCG level to drop. I was still vomitting and having morning sickness even when my fetus has died. My gynae told me then that it wll take at least 2 weeks for the HCG level to go back to normal

Thks Mummies.

BB My LMP is 26may. U shld go gynae asap actually.

Dragon_dilema2 (dilemad): Stick to 1 gynae n dun swtich around cos u have to start all over again to tell gynae ur condition n history.

Chergie,
oh I see. So mine should be almost mid Mar then.
I was thinking won't be able to see bb's heartbeat till 6wks+ or so therefore can wait till 2 wks later to see him.

BB: Ya can see oredi. Its better to let gynae monitor . I a bit kiasu cos last time bb lost heartbeat after 8 weeks so play safe see earlier better.

Mummies: My cousin told me to let bb listen to music now. Play same music n when bb is born if cranky u play same music again bb will be calm. She did that for 3 of her kids.

Also she said sleep on the rite so that blood flow will be better to bb. N dun cross ur legs when u sit cos may obstruct bb's blood circulation etc... My leg is wide open now... wahahaha...

Chergie,
oh, they could see your bb's heartbeat le? So nice. Then I think I'll go change my appt.
happy.gif

For my 1st pregnancy, I could only see their heartbeats around 8wks.

Chergie,
You said in your earlier post, bb is 4.5wks, right? Then 5th wk onwards then can see bb's heartbeat? Sorry, abit lost now, haha!

hello all feb mummies,

Just few days ago, knew I was pregnant with no.2.

Happy & Sad at the same time. I felt so terrible... the morning sickness is the same as no.1 . Vomitting, heart burn all come back to find me
sad.gif

Pearl: i'm with dr woo now.. Erm, overall i still think dr ang is better but he is very far from my place so i switched to dr woo, he's very near..

Babymaking> Eh I willcall and clarify with dr ang as I'm due on 2feb wth is going on!!

Dragon> kkh equip damn Lao ya they can't find heartbeat with the stupid doppler.. I would advise u to go back to ur gynae for scanning

Hi all, i can't continue with u all le, wish all of u have a healthy pregnancy! Just came back from my gynae, confirm miscarriage as bb has stopped growing and heartbeat stopped. Doing d&c tomorrow. Very scared!
sad.gif

Irene: i bought the sea band for motion sickness, use it barely few times, i can pass it to u if u want since i have no use to it.. It's about $13 dollar for a pair..

Good and bad news to share....

Saw my beanie... Doc said good size... Saw and heard the heartbeat (160bpm)
happy.gif

But there are some water/blood and fibroids in my uterus
sad.gif
given hormone jab and duphaston to support the pregnancy.. going back to see him 2half week later...

My actual edd is 21.02.2012... Niceeee
happy.gif

Dragon, hugs. no need to be scared. Very simple procedure. U'll sleep very soundly underGA. My gynae described it as very deep quality sleep. Do rest well after that

pinkz.. i went to see my gynae today too!

my baby is 2.23cm, 9 wks exactly... that has pushed my edd earlier to 6th Feb... heartbeat was 172 just now... felt so relief...

i think i have been feeling quite uptight and stress before today's appt. Was just so afraid of history repeating itself. Gynae assured me that everything should be fine since heartbeat detected strongly already.

Was so happy until met MIL... passed her the good news then she asked again n again why, how come history (the miscarriage) happened... aiyah...

Dragon d... i feel for you.. been thru d&c myself.. i dun remember any physical pain but emotionally it still hurts. talk to your hubby or close ones as much as u want. my gynae advised me not to carry my son at least for a week after the procedure.. take care...

Yes BB, Dr told me on Sat I am about 4.5weeks so this coming Fri I shld be more than 5 weeks so can see heartbeat oredi.
happy.gif

Irene: Congrats and dun be sad it will affect the baby.

Dragon_dilema2 (dilemad): Dun be sad ya. It is not healthy thats y it is being repel. Be brave and strong the next one will be good. U will feel anything when its done. Its like a gd zzz...God bless you.

pinkz (pinkz): Dun worry ok, think positively and stay happy u will b fine.

cranky (cranky): Congrats ur EDD is my wedding Anni. LOL.. Dun worry abot ur MIL. Dun let her affect ur mood. Must stay happy n stress free.

Dragon_dilema2 (dilemad): U confirm will wake up its not a major operation. Dun worry ok. Pray to God to give u strength. I will pray for u too.

Hi Dragon, you will be fine! A next healthy and sticky bb will come look for you again...tiao your body back and get ready another Dragon!

Jiayou and take care my dear
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

anyone of you showing bump? I'm approaching 8 weeks and I'm showing tummy...or that's fats?!? Haha

Had been eating a lot...many meals a day!!

And I had weird cravings....FRUITS!! But my mum said don't take too much coz cool...my gynae said vit c is good. Aiyoh! But I'm avoid pineapples, oranges and bananas. The rest I eat moderation.

So far take apples, kiwi, strawberries, pear and guava
happy.gif

cranky,
Just ignore your MIL. Stay positive, that's what's impt.

Sigh. My turn to be worried. Having dull aches in tummy and back. Had the same symptoms the last time when I miscarried. Crossing my fingers and hope tmr's visit to the gynae will show a healthy growing fetus with a strong beating heart.

Hi KWXY, my bump also showing already... Not sure if it's fats.. Haha... Eating fruits is good.. Lots of fibre is needed as I heard we will get constipation...

Hi dragon, take care! Jia you!!!

Today going to see my gynae.. Hope can see and heart strong heartbeat... Previously pray to zu Sheng niang niang for a baby... Mum say must go back and "return".. So went back to pray on sun.. Praying to bless my bb too
happy.gif

I eat lots of orange leh ... Can a not huh? Alamak .. Recently ms came back to me again.

Dragon: small operation nia~ just like falling asleep and waking up shortly. Everything will be alright. Just be strong!

Hi mummies,

are your MS getting better? Seems like mine is still the same. I am approaching 9 weeks now...

KWXY, i have a little tummy not sure it's a real tummy bcos i m putting on weight... I also have cravings for fruits and fruit juices... and i suddenly dun like plain rice... i mean i eat the veg and stuff but dun like rice... funny...

morning mummies.

Dragon_dilema2,
sorry to hear about your bb. Do take care and rest well these couple of weeks. =)

re: brownish discharge
i've a bit of brownish discharge this morning again. Yesterday morning also have but afternoon and night dun have. anyone facing the same situation? not sure whether to call gynae to check.

re: tummy
i also have little tummy liao, with all the food. eat almost 1-2hrs... fat fat! i trying to cut down on carbo, eat half bowl rice with lots of veg and meat. havent weigh myself cuz i scare i put on weight... haha~

Nana,
maybe try not to take too much orange especially the 3rd tri as heard tt orange may cuz bb to have phlegm for bb...

My MS better already... only feel bloated in the evening when I eat too much for dinner... other than that I'm feeling ok.. Maybe work distract me from MS? haha... No MS also made me worried...

Starz>> think brownish discharge is normal. Some people will have staining throughout pregnancy. Maybe can just check with your gynae to confirm? As long as not bright red should be ok bah...

Nana>> I love orange too.. feel refresh after eating.. but my mum also say cannot eat...

dragon:
Be strong! im sure u'll be fine =)
just needa plenty of rest after that..

So fast u all can see tummy ?
im currently in my 8th week, no sign of tummy at all.. still looks normal.. appetite slightly improving but still not eating much..

is orange no gd? i tot it has calcium n vit C.. i drink fresh juice every weekend and for weekdays i jus drink from the bottled kind..
i like the sour taste been drinking alot of lime juice and orange..

plain water is jus so boring..

u guys talk abt tummy.. i also think my tummy showing.. i think cos this is #2.. so the skin around there not firm anymore.

eating lots of fruits gives fibre.. prevent constipation.. i had constipation when having #1.. i did take fruits maybe not enough.. this time round i will and i must take more fruits...

Windy, my MS mostly happen in the evening... esp after dinner... feels so bloated and uncomfortable... i also seeing my gynae tonight.. hope everything is ok
happy.gif

ging3r, my mum said orange is too cooling... so i also stop eating...

Btw I clarified with dr ang, he said only certain date of feb he would be going away but he still see some feb baby..

Babymaking > ur first bb?

Ging3r> me early see tummy liao

me also showing tummy liao.. now wearing my old maternity pants & jeans.. more comfy..
this evening gonna see gynae & listen to heartbeat.. waited for 2 whole wks for today.. wat a torture!

Morning mummies. Haven't been in for awhile. So sad to read about La Mer and Dragon.

KWXY: Me got tummy too. Quite sure it's just fats though. But funny thing is I stopped putting on weight. I've been weighing myself almost everyday cos I feel very fat around the waist.. but weight not going up. hope that's normal?

Btw mummies who has iphone, i dlded this app call babybump. it has a journal that lets you record your daily weight, mood, discomfort etc. easy to fill up and has a summary page to look back and see everyday's notes. interesting to read and useful for sharing info with the gynae too.

What's dragon conclusion? Didn't see her login anymore? Cause kkh standard cannot make it so I'm wondering if it really happen or not

Back