(2012/02) Feb 2012

Anyone else dealing with baby diaper rash? We were using wipes from hospital but have switched to cotton pads. We're using Suzuran cotton pads from HK but they don't sell in
Singapore.
Any other suggestions for cotton pads and where to buy?
happy.gif

Beemummy, change diapers regularly. After each change, apply nappy rash cream on bb's bottom. My bb has nappy rash in hospital. 2-3 days after she came home, nappy rash went away. Since then, bb nv get nappy rash again. Cotton pad, u can use any kind. It does not matter. We use those for applying toner onto our face type. We use cotton pad wet with water when bb poo.

Beverly:

How many weeks old is ur bb now?
If I don't supplement w FM, I think I will suffer fr post natal depression!

Mummies, Does that sacred tea help to boost BM?

hi mummies,
do you face milk expressed out fr both breast are nt balanced? my right can pump alot more than my left.
My son refused to latch. Any advise?

Beemummy, use the desitin diaper cream if ur bb had diaper rash. Super good, I swear by it for no 1. As for cleaning bb, can use any cotton wool as long as soft and 100% cotton. Pigeon is good, even watsons and guardians are perfectly fine too. My first CL uses wet wipes totally, my 2nd CL uses cotton wool with warm water, guess it is better.

Evon, yes for me the amount also differs and one side gets engorged more and does not drain as well as the other side. Yesterday which is my 4th day can express about 70-80ml each pump. If after latch can get about 45ml so I wonder how much my really takes in when latch. Does it mean she only takes the difference or more as she seems satisfied (look like drunk like dat and sleepy).

Thanks for the suggestions - do they sell individual cotton wool (like large cotton squares) anywhere? Have only seen cotton balls.

We change diapers frequently and using Pampers - wondering whether should change to another brand?

Chewie, mine also Indonesian, have worked in Spore for 5 years. Salary 450, no off day. Fresh indo maid usually dun speak much English so have to prepare for some frustration at the beginning.

Beemummy - I used desitin for my #1 like GG. Works like magic! Heh. Can buy from guardian. I used purple one though. Just apply thin layer over it. I tink pampers by far the best leh. Did u try airing bb's bottom abit b4 wearing the diaper? I would make sure it's more or less dry b4 putting diaper rash cream and wearing bac the diaper by dabbing tissue paper. ESP if not applying diaper rash cream must make sure v dry if not the rash wun go away.

Babybreath - dun b too worried abt gbs. I had it for #1. She's as healthy as any 17mths can b. =) just make sure u finish the antibiotics given by gynae and tat u're given the antibiotics drip during labor. After tat I did mention to my pd so tat he did a chk as well. No infection for bb.

Hi beemummy, not sure how large a cotton square you looking at. Guardian has quite a fair bit of selection, I bot balls as well as round cotton puffs, can't recall if they have squares. No harm checking them out, esp the larger guardian outlets.

Pampers diaper should be quite good. Me using mamy poko and huggies. If diaper rash is bad, try to air bb bottom. If using diaper, key is change very frequently if ur bb is prone to rash.

Evon - tink it's normal for both breasts to have diff amts of BM. Mine 1 side was half the other. =)
Wait for rooting reflex den try and latch? Use nipple to "tickle" bb's lips and once mouth open quickly stuff in?

@large cotton wool squares

Tollyjoy or dunno wat brand in ntuc sell uncut cotton wool in rolled up form. If wan bigger piece cotton wool can buy those and cut up to preferred size to use?

Hi all, i jus came bk from gynea checkup and did CTG. My water level is a bit low liao and ctg shows some contractions. Last nite also had baxton hits and morning keep having mild cramps. So gynea checked cervix and say its 1cm dilated. She then manually stretched it to 2.5cm now. She keep telling me sorry its painful but actually I don feel pain at all jus super uncomfortable. Think shld be anytime liao. Also jus feel my legs a bit wet. Shld be waterbag leak.

One question ah, if waterbag leak shld I go in hospital? Gynea only say waterbag burst or contractions every 5mins then go in leh. Even if I'm bleeding also nevermind, can wait de.

Opps - oh dear. U told gynae abt the hfmd? She say anything? Y she manually stretch ur cervix? She wan u to deliver already ma? Anyways i did ask my gynae b4 and she say leak if abit onli is ok can tahan a few days one cos she say I got alot water. Ur case low le so not sure wo. I tink in any case if unsure just go in to chk? Safer! Jia yous ya!

Oops, ur pain threshold v v high!! It was super painful for me when my gynae stretched my cervix!! Can die for me!!

Anyway, water level low, better deliver soon..

Opps, wow can manually stretch cervix?? Sounds like you could be due these one two days. All the best to your vbac!!!

Mummies who have CL, wats the average ang bao rate when they come and when they leave?

GG, 开工 AP I gave $28. Some gals I know give $38. But I gave her $10 cny AP also. AP when they leave, depends on how happy y r with cl's services.

Xia: use the blue desitin first! The purple one is extra strength one, use it when the blue one dun work only else once use purple the rest no effect liao.

Opps: I think should go hospital to be safe since dunno what's the tolerable water level bah. All the best! How have you settled ur #1? sanitized your house already?

Hazel, tks! I gave $28 for 1st angbao also. Was wondering if considered ok. When they leave, say if service is alright, $100 is decent?

NC - keke I tried the blue one leh. Dun really like it. Like v no use. Mebbe cos I v stingy onli apply v v thin layer. And also I dun apply every diaper change. Onli when got red red. Heh. So purple one better for me I tink. My fren likes the blue one so we exchanged our tubes last time. Lucky! LOL!

Juz came back fr TMC for PD to follow up in bb jaundice level.
PD says for 2nd week bb, shld drink 70-80ml every 3hrs.
Every week add another 10-15ml.

At this rate my BM won't b able to catch up..

Thanks for all the great advice - will need to try and find the Desitin. So far have been using an organic diaper ointment, but though all natural may not be the best. Nappy rash not too bad, just a bit red with some pimply bits/dots?

I have tried using the cotton balls from Pigeon, but find that it leaves "lint" behind.
sad.gif

xia, my gynea say hfmd is ok, won't spread to bb thru me. But cannot let my #1 touch bb at all. Can see cannot touch.

Hazel, my pain threshold very low de. I think cos my this gynea is a super gentle gal. I don feel anything pain when she do all my swop tests and now cervix check plus stretch cervix. Not like some gyneas or nurse will cos pain even by jus doing a simple cervix check or swop test. But hor, she going overseas tmr leh. So another gynea will deliver for me if it happened tmr. Worried abt the gynea's skils, cervix check, and stitches (both c-sect and normal delivery). Haiz, my current gynea gd leh. Super gentle.

GG Lee, I'm also shocked when she told me she is stretching my cervix. Cos if I can choose I will say no. I wan everything to be natural leh.

NC, yup, sanitized my whole hse yesterday evening liao. Heng ah!

Btw, no more water leakage liao. But I start to bleed a bit ler. Still nvr feel any pain but tummy having a very strange feeling loh. I think tmr will be the day.

Forgot how much I gave CL the last time, but Shldnt give more in the beginning meh? So she will work harder and if leave dun give so much aso Bo bian aldy? ;p

Oops, everything ok?

Can anybody add me in the fb page please? Tks! [email protected]

Opps, all the best!! Usually cervix check will trigger labour. Yours stretch cervix somemore!

Icyclaw, I prefer to give token for 1st AP, so that if CL proves to be good, give big AP at the end. Heard of some cases give a lot for 1st one and CL cannot make it at all and they terminate or request change. By then too bad already!!

Baby sleeping well today so got time to lof in n say hi to everyone!
Orangeroses congrats! U n me were in similar situation, I was in labour for 36 hours n only 4cm dilated, in the end fetus distress so need c sec. Maybe next time I will try VBAC.

Evon- I have same problem wif breast amt imbalance too. Left is bigger n fuller than right cause baby only likes to Kay h on left. Try to put her on right, she just refused n cry do now 1big1small.

Beemummy- I have been usIng avent bottom balm to prevent nappy rash, so far so good. But if the nappy rash gets worst, then desitin is good to use.

hi everyone,

i'm also a feb mummy with #2...
have been reading on n off n have no time to post as i m bz with #1 n hubby is always in n out of town
sad.gif

my edd is supposed to b 20 feb...due to bb size it was pushed to 15 feb n ........i'm still waiting for labour ..... :p

orangeroses:

congrats!!! think we have the same edd n the same gynae..PT right? he;s going away frm 25-28 feb n i m still waiting...i hope bb either come out b4 or after... i m also trying VBAC for this one. my case has been failure to dilate for #1. this time i walk alot yet no sign of labour
sad.gif
at least PT allowed u to really try 4 natural n if he has called for csect. im sure he knows what he is doing n it is great to know his csect skills r wanderful. my first csect was a nighmare with pain for 2mths n i cant afford a long down time with #1 n being alone in spore.... m keeping my fingers crossed
happy.gif
have a speedy recovery n rem no fish or chicken essence for the first 12 days. congrats again

oops:

u r also trying for VBAC right? jia you!!! hope u bring us gd news. if really cant. dun feel bad. you;ve done yr best so just relax n practice yr breathing..think it helps to manage pain... btw, my #1 contracted HFMD too last mth n it didnt spread to me or bb. as long as u r often popping yr vits. it will strengthen yr body so that it will not affect bb. i;ve asked PD n gynae n by this stage it will not affect our babies anymore so dont worry n jus concentrate on welcoming yr new baby
happy.gif
have a smooth one!

any mummies post EDD ??

any mummies trying VBAC ??

my tummy is super stretched till i have stretch marks covering half my tummy all the way frm the bottom to the naval already...any tips on getting this baby out??? i;ve tried everything .....

Hi icyclaw,
My confinement lady cooks dishes with DOM.
I have checked with the LC at TMC when they came to my room for consultation. She say must cook and let alcohol evaporate then it is okay. Dun drink directly.
Anyway if u look a the lunch/dinner menu that TMC serve, they serve the chicken with rice wine. I have asked them they said that is okay for breast feeding )

Pineapple, y cannot take chicken or fish essence for first 12 days? I took!! =p

Smiling Merlion, I aso tot cook aldy then alcohol will evaporate, but and drank for my #1.

Happened to ask my pd abt it and he keep saying cannot, but after i keep saying, tot cook can liao, did for #1 etc, then he say 2-3hrs later. Goggled n read ard 5% still leftover no matter how we cook.... Scared now..

Hi pineapple, so glad to hear so many of us trying for VBAC. Yup, I'm mentally prepared for c-sect again. Jus worried abt the gynea's skill cos my #1's c-sect was wonderful. As my gynea going overseas tmr till 28 Feb, another gynea will be delivering for me. Praying hard she won't give me nightmares if I c-sect again. I also hav to handle my #1 alone so can't be down for so long.

How old is your #1? I'm in the same situation as u. Hubby always in and out of town leaving me and #1. Don knw how to handle 2 kids on my own leh. Faint!

Any mummies bb with jaundice?? Wahlau no sun the whole day I can't sun my bb at all. Worried cos eyes getting yellow.

icyclaw, I knw no chicken essence cos we cannot take chicken if we c-sect. Not sure y no fish cos I took for #1 too.

Opps, ya can understand how u feel. Mine just flew for biz trip also. Although got CL with me, it's different from hubby support.

Hiaz.. My mum wierd theory again.. Cannot eat chicken can take chicken essence.. =# but y no chicken??

My hubby aso going out of town for 5 days immediately after 3 days early baby shower.. Dunno how to cope w #1 n #2 w the sending n fetching of #1 in Clementi 30mins to 1hr away depending on traffic condition n haywire feeding schedule..

huh....y are all the hbs going for biz trip? Mine also went for biz trip on the 2nd week after I delivered my boy -_-

Babies with diaper rash -
Don't use wet tissue to wipe, use wet cotton wool instead....wet tissue will make the situation worse. Like the other mummies, I would also recommend desitin....very good for diaper rash

Chili Quek, my baby will be 3 wks old tomorrow. I have decided not to stressed myself over bf-ing. Whatever I have, I just feed....if not, I will give FM
happy.gif

Can I join you gals in fb? Have yet to receive any invitation....can any of the mummies here add me? Thanks!

My hubby also going on biz trip 2nd wk of mar loh. I'm still doing confinement and still hav to send bb to polyclinic for checkup quite often rite. Don knw how too. Even hav CL also headache. Without CL, even more headache. Sigh!

Hope we all can also fly one day after our confinement and let hubby take care of our bbs.

Hi Icyclaw,
I was concern abt, that also when we cook the food, though not all alcohol evaporate, it still leaves some in the food. But I read from kellymom's website on alcohol n breastfeeding, it says
In general, if you are sober enough to drive, you are sober enough to breastfeed.
http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html

I guess the alcohol content left in the food is there but neglible? I havnt heard of people getting drunk after eating Confinement food.....
N also not only confiement food I believe quite a lot of Chinese restaurant uses wine in their cooking...

I had a funny thought today... what if I wanna go holiday but the flight is longer than 4 hours and I need to pump?? I think the other passengers will be freaked out by the suction sound... hahahaa

My CL cooks food with alcohol too. Either dom or rice wine or shaoxing wine. It's good for confinement and very yummy :p I think there are no issues lah. French women drink wine by glasses! I also get black chicken with dom on alternate nights. It's soo yummy... I need to get recipe from my CL before she leaves

NC - hahhahaha ya my bb like purple! Esp Barney =.="! LOL! The texture for purple and blue one v diff. My frens also tell me purple like too strong. I feel purple one thicker like pimple cream so psychologically seems to clear faster I guess? =p Heh. Prob just me =x

Opps - waaaa sounds like gd idea! Keke. But if really can do tat I dunno can bear to leave bb at home not though. Tink most men dun feel as much as us so leaving not tat big a prob for them.

Back