(2012/02) Feb 2012

Hazel, my girl doesnt take in much air with NUK compared to Avent.

Thanks for the advise on burping and applying ru yi oil. Will do so to reduce the air in my girl.

GG, did you stay at level 5 at TMC? I stayed at Level 5 (premier single) for my #1 and Level 3 (normal single) for #2. There's really a difference in service. At level 5, bb is promptly pushed into our room every 3 hrs for feeding and the nurses will really help with the latch. But at level 3, bb are not pushed in every 3 hrs. I asked one of the nurse and they say they will only push in if the bb cry.

Hazel, I also agree their services are inconsistent!

now roughly can guage how long before bb becomes hungry so easier to handle now.

Hazel, yup, tats y I'm very worried now. Even tot the HFMD nvr happened to me cos my immunity high, I still might be carrying the virus with me and might pass to bb if he born now.

Keep having mild cramps every few hrs. Praying hard it won't go worst leh. Pls don come out now.

Dear ladies
I have been reading the thread quietly but decided to join in for discussions to learn more from u gals.
I delivered my bb on 13 feb via emer csect while trying vbac.

V stressful now as bb refuse to latch on.I got to express out but milk v little. Anyone to share how to increase milk supply?

berry, can share your birth story?? What happened that end up emergency c-sect again? Orangeroses, anticipating and me are trying hard for VBAC too.

For increase milk supply, I know can take fenugreek. But I prefer natural method of eating more fish, milo, soya bean milk, papaya, red date tea and more water.

Opps,btw my gynae is Paul Tseng same as orangeroses.

I had show and contractions at 10mins interval, admitted and was 3cm dilated. 2 hours later, waterbag burst and water was not clear but yellowish. Baby pooed! Paul Tseng came to check and I was only 4cm dilated and baby head still high.No choice I have to go for emerg csect.

Btw I was staying tmc premier single too in tmc and LC came to check me twice a day also.

berry, thanks for sharing. Glad that everything is well now for you.

Not sure hows orangeroses now. No upds from her leh. Hope she will be successful for VBAC.

Khim, hazel, yup level 5. I think level 5 is all single premier only. When we discharge, the nurse even help us carry bb all the way down to just before carpark even though our hands were free as hubby already loaded our luggage into car before dat.

Mummies, bb shit yellow is normal??

How do we know how much bb take when latch huh? After latch I can express 40 ml, wonder if if means bb din really take much milk. But yet she does spit milk out after feed. End up I also dunno if she enuf or not I will just feed her wat I express as well.

GG, I haven got my final bill yet cos when I was discharged they was so full that they asked me to settle when i go back to review.
Will share once I'm back w the bill

GG level, i stayed at level 5 too... i even asked for a hospital grade pump & the nurse told me no pt paying daily rental of $30plus... didnt even oblige. yes, when i was discharged, the nurse helped us carry bb all the way down, even waitied for 15-20mins for the car to arrive & passed me belle when i got on the car..

anyway, i was quite upset, no LC comes & see me!!

Godsent, but I might aldy be the carrier and will pass to bb when he born leh. Super worried now. Heard another case of Gastric flu in the sch today. The sch is now full of virus. Hope bb stay till 29 Feb then come out.

Berry, u can try expressing out every 2.5 hrs - 3 hrs.. Even at nite.. Can be v tiring though. U can also try fenugreek or some nursing tea too, it might help too in increasing ur supply.
happy.gif

Hazel, oh u mean they din even oblige? I think if u requezt from parentcraft they will oblige. I think hor nurses and LCs are like 2 different camps. LC keep telling me to get bb room in with me but nursery keeps coming to bring bb back to 'keep warm' etc. Anyway end up night time I always send back so we can rest. I brought a manual pump more to stimulate, had to dump away the milk cos not sterilized.

Berry, wow they discharge you before u pay? Must have been a really busy day for them! Am curious about professional fees and how much it could vary. My gynae is just next door yours
happy.gif

Opps, better dun think so much. Think positive ya!
happy.gif
Ur baby will be fine.
happy.gif

Gastric flu is another major headache.. That's y I hesitated to enrol my younger boy who is already 28 mths. The tot of those what not illness or diseases make me scare ESP now there's a newborn at home.
sad.gif

Berry, u may wan to go see a LC. They can help diagnose wats the issue when they observe how u latch and suggest ways to improve. Personally I also find latch challenging. Still trying to get it right.

Godsent & GG,seen a LC last Friday made appt to see her tmr again.hopefully can solve the latch problem

GG ya tmc v v full house can q v long to discharge and lots ppl waiting to admit also. U from ACJ since u say next door..will let u know the bill once I'm back.

Gals,how long do we need to see gynae again for csect? I haven book appt yet.

GG, I didn't know can request from parent craft that time. The nurse pass me an avent manual pump but it smells strongly of detergent.. Was told already sterilised n the smell is coz of the sterilization... If not coz my gynae left KKH for TMC I will not deliver in TMC.. I feel KKH A class is better than TMC.. I was induced when I lost my elder daughter at KKH that time. Pte patients in KKH r treated v well & service / support are good too.

Icyclaw, soul: thanks for the advice, now baby don't merlion for the last few feeds.. Will keep monitoring.

Btw, do we stop burping if baby has burp once? Sometimes dunno if I've done enough burping..

Regarding service at TMC, I stayed at lvl 3, single bedded, baby was pushed in to me every 3-4 hour. And a LC stopped by to see if I have any problem latching the next day after I deliver. When the nurses pushed in my baby, some tried to help me latch and gave me advice. When I'm waiting to discharge, a lady was there to review my bill. Don't have to wait too long despite it being the CNY period and was told the wait could be long. When we are done with the payment, a friendly nurse helped us carry the baby down. Overall experience was good. Only complaint was a particular young nurse whom I find a bit rough in handling baby. And when she pushed in the baby, she wasn't gentle like other nurses. And the baby cot just hit the corner of the bed with the baby in it. It's like she's just pushing a trolley of groceries.

Hello! Oops in the end I c-sec too. Tt's because my cervix really didn't dilate after 34 hrs of labour! So it's just my body. But no regrets choosing my gynae. Firstly he let me try all the way and very encouraging. Same as berry, only 4cm dilated and head high, no progression after so long (without epi 24 hrs, with epi 10 hrs), and baby head not in good position (op and not oa) so wait also no use - if baby distress poo or previous wound break worse.

My gynae really very good - this time csec recovery is super fast, I can walk on day 2 with minimal discomfort already! Very surprised as my first c-sec experience was hell. I think he did a great job in stitching - put in effort to clean up properly. And very reassuring throughout the whole labour! I am happy with my birth experience even though vbac not successful. Just sharing!

Congrats orangeroses! At least u tried! My no 1 also same no dilation and bb high up. Wonder wats the reason y we just dun dilate. No 2 i decided c cos scared history repeat itself and my bb head end up quite big also, 36 cm.

Good to know your c section experience is much better!! I also started walking 2nd day but my CL keeps reminding me we must lie down more else next time womb low. So u dun walk too much ya. I find myself walking and carrying bb too much and will forget abt my wound esp when bf, position all haywire.

orangeroses, congrats. YOu hav tried your best liao. Now I'm worried abt my new gynea. My previous gynea's stitching also very gd. I also recoverd super fast, can walk on day 2 and stop the strong pain killer on day 3 and panadol on day 4. Hope my new gynea's stitching also gd. After hearing 2 unsuccessful VBAC stories, I better do more squats and walk more. Hope I'm able to dilate tis time round.

Anticipating, left with both of us with the EDD of 29 Feb and trying for VBAC. Hope we can share our success stories. Meanwhile, we will squat and walk more to tell our body we wan to dilate and give birth naturally.

Selling drypers S 64pcs at $13. I have 3 packets but 1 open but is 64pcs. Extra 32 loose pcs at $6. each packet comes with 4 free pcs. Collection at woodlands. Pls pm me if you want. Thx

Feel very down now. Still worry abt HFMD and my bb. Really don wan my bb to be born with HFMD. Haiz... why my #1 got it jus before bb coming. Read that it will even spread after few wks. So like what godsent mentioned, really hav to keep my #1 away for few weeks? Tats horrible leh. I will miss my #1.

Orangeroses - Big congrats to u!!! Rest well!!!

Oops - understand u wun bear to leave ur #1 but it's better than passing the virus to #2 rite?

Oops, did pd / gynae order the separation? My gal tat time got rashes on the body n face, some doc say viral infection, some say rashes, some say hfmd.. Sometimes, feel like they dunno what they are talking abt..

icyclaw, ur gal went to see so many docs ah. Mine confirmed is HFMD cos all symptoms are there. GP nvr say mus separate but he did told me I will pass the virus to my bb if he born now. Hubby say no need to separate cos the virus not spread thru air.

Hav to check with my gynea tmr and see wat she will say. Aldy heartpain to see my #1 losing weight cos he nvr eat and drink since fri. He only drink a bit of milk, some water and some biscuits. And also hav to worry abt the little one in me. But mus count myself lucky for not deliver till now cos if bb born last wk, he sure will get the HFMD from #1. Now still hav hope and hope my immunity very high to quickly kill all the HFMD in me before bb born.

hazel: Hao xian mu, hope i can loose my pre preggy weight soon. Btw i will try burping bb in different position and see how. Got to be more patient, cos i usually give up after like 2-3min

xia: thanks for the advise.
happy.gif

Godsent: may i know what is the nursing tea you are using? the brand and where to get it
happy.gif

orangeroses: congrats!!

oops: dun worry. everything will be fine
happy.gif

Shan, I hv not lost all the weight! Also my body structure expanded side ways.. Though pregnancy tummy is gone.. Do use a binder at home after post natal massage. My massage lady told me need to use for another 1-2 mths.. If not tummy will be saggy..

Bluecryst: we still do try to burp. If she can't it's ok if pat abit and burp all the better.

Oops: sorry to hear bout HFMD. Take care!!

Chewie, I bought from nuh pharmacy in 2010 when I had a mid term miscarriage. I just bought another one fr medela online at drugstore as I need to 2 binder to be able to rotate when I wash.

Babybreath, I did a swap test at 35+wks. Only knew I have GBS at 36w when I Warded at TMC for spotting.. I was immediately put on oral antibiotics n when I went into labor the following day, changed to antibiotics drip thru out until bb was delivered. That reduced the risk of passing to bb thru natural delivery significantly. My bb did a blood test after birth to confirm she didn't get the infection from me.

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for ur prompt reply, same as u i did a swap test at week 35 n now at week 36 I was told positive for GBS, will be seeing gynae next week to discuss preventive measures during labour. went online to search more info n feel very worried tat my baby will be infected... seems like I gotta stay worry till baby is born then will know will she be infected
sad.gif

Congrats to all mummies who just popped! and for those still waiting, jia you!!!

Chili Quek, Jen, I am having the same prob! My baby sleeps soundly in the day and becomes cranky at nite. He is quite smart as he refused pacifier.....I'm now having sore nipples as latch/pump too much I think? However, I have very little BM, only managed to feed baby with EBM 3 times a day at 60ml each....

chewie, I got a maid before I tried for this baby.....In terms of privacy, what I can do is to restrict her from entering the master bedroom. I locked my master bedroom when we go to work and she needs to ask for permission before entering the room....but it also means that she can only clean our room during weekends when we are around. Having a maid gives me a lot of headache esp. mine is not a very smart one....she is always on “manual gear” mode (push her then she do type)......but I have to admit she does provide lots of help in terms of house chores and taking care of my #1 and #2, esp. now I dun have much time to take care of them. Oh BTW, I dun trust maid with my kids so my maid only helps to take care of them at nite and during weekends....I prefer to send them to childcare

Serene, can add me also? Thanks! Also, how do I update the Feb 2012 listing?

Salute to chewie and all mummies who manage to do exclusive bf-ing. I didn't manage to do that coz my mum is always the one who kept asking me to feed baby FM when baby is crying. Even when I was in the hospital, the nurses also asked me to give FM as my baby refused to suckle as he wanted to sleep -_-

Babybreath, dun worry, the risk of bb getting it is v low at 1/4000 if We R On antibiotic drip During labour. My gynae was confident bb will be fine. Coz GBS is v common n if we r not delivering via the vagina, there isn't a need to take antibiotic at all. It will just go away. Is the KS PD that took belle's BT to test & scare me! Coz belle had a lung infection, She even put belle on GBS antibiotic drip even before BT result is out! So far, my gynae has been quite accurate on his diagnosis on a no of things n I trusted him.

Furthermore, now u r put on antibiotic for a wk. by then, GBS is gone when u deliver!
happy.gif

Hi mummies I find after delivery tummy become much smaller almost like pre pregnancy. Then a few days later start to grow bigger again! Faint.

Mummies with maids like NC/ Beverley, what is your helper's nationality? We are going to call up agency tmr le...

Beverley, all of us are trying to give the best we can
happy.gif
My baby also sleepy at breast. So easier to feed the expressed bm by bottle...

orangeroses, congrats!

Chewie, my maid is fr Indonesia. Fresh from kampong with no experience....but her salary is 450/mth (one of the highest among all my friends' maids) wif no hp n no off day. Her english is terrible n she can't even understand very simple English...her attitude so far is very good...u have to be prepared tt u hv to close one eyes on certain things when come to maid...good luck in maid searching!

Back