(2012/02) Feb 2012

Tks mummies. Btw, those yet to give birth at tmc, do bring along your own pads. I find the kotex maternity pad they use quite terok, those loop type. I prefer the maternity pad sold at kiddy palace/ John little, much wider and longer.

Chewie: no ah. Last time used to have my mil but only for a while. All the while just maid and bb lor. So really must feel comfortable abt the maid. Wanted to install camera but hubby was against it. Luckily my boy adores our maid. Else will be a big headache for us cuz no help from family. Hiring maid is like last resort already.

If getting fresh maid need up to 2 months. Experienced one abt 2 weeks.

whitefreckles & mummyzeal, thanks for answering my previous post about the number of diapers needed for newborn..

hi lynn, how old is your #1? do rest well and must think positively.. when the both of them grow up they have each other for playmates.

planet, I also hope to let baby decide when he wants to come out.. edd same as opps
happy.gif
but you climbed 13 storeys at a go?? wow!

Planet: I am now in the observation ward. Got contractions, 3cm dilated but contractions not very near. So they are monitoring. Hopefully they'll let me walk around in a short while!

Hi orangeroses, just finished putting my bb to bed after feeding. Decided to come in and read how the mummies are. So it's your turn now! Jiayou! Hope you have a smooth delivery!

Orangeroses, jiayou!!

Mummies, how do u clean bb gal below huh? Hubby sat can see the discharge in vaginal, do we need to touch it?? Not sure how intensive we need to clean.

Congrats to mommy who popped!!! New journey begin!

Im super busy 'milking' to keep up the demand of baby. She drink quite alot for 1+wk baby. Then gotta handle #1 crankiness. Hardly have time to rest. Super tired. No time to plan for full mth party, just realise i dont have much time to coordinate the party. Argh!!

Gg lee,
I will clean it/ wash it with washing cloth, or use wet tissue or even cotton bud to clean e lining of e folds. I personally cannot stand any 'dirt' at bb V area cos i scare will cause infection if didnt clean properly. My CL sometimes cant see cos old liao eyesight not gd so i have to check at times.

Hi orangeroses, thanks for e info. I have updated the list....may I know what else should I do to be included into the Face book...does Feb group have one ? Thanks

Planet - hubby decided to let bb come naturally in the end.. So it's back to the waiting game.. Yup, will definitely try to move ard more often now cos doc only gave me up to thurs.. If not, will have to induce.

Chewie - it really depends on the maid agency.. But be prepared to wait up to 2 or 3 months. Sometimes there are hiccups and maid is unable to come at the very last min. We've got ours in less than 2 weeks cos she's a transferred maid. Some ppl advised that transferred maids not good but we think it really depends. So far we have no prob with her and our #1 adores her too.. That's good news for us cos we will be too occupied when #2 arrives..

Orangeroses - Woo hoo!!! Waiting for ur good news!!! Jia You!!!

Thanks all, I'm still waiting - no epi and contractions have been once every 5 mins since 3am. Faint. I don't want epi cos I was hoping to dilate fast. Now waiting in the ward. Very sian. Hoping for some action soon.

GG to clean baby girl, it's like cleaning ourselves. Cotton bud for the line and then use a wet cotton wool or wipes to clean the v area, 1stroke up to bottom. I will clean abt 2-3 depending if bb poo or not. Slight Discharges r ok but if too much may need to see dr.

Orangeroses, Jiayou! Did they give u breakfast? Shouldn't starve or else no strength to push later

Ladies, do we Want to start a feb mummy fb page? Anyone supportive object?

Orangeroses, to dilate fast.. U need to breathe in and out deeply when there is contractions and try to keep legs open and relaxed

Hi mich, you're with Dr Tee right? Is your #1 by natural delivery? My #1 was emergency c-section with epidural all the way.

orangeroses, jiayou! may I ask whether your contractions now are very painful?

Mittens and botties too big, u can use scotch tape over . That's my cl do. Cos they will fit nicely in another one or two weeks when they drink more milk.

Ann: they are manageable at the moment. Cos only abt 1 min each time then I get a break. Squeeze my hubby hand lor. I also epi with c-sec for my #1. now trying vbac. 12 hrs + since I reached hospital already

Hi mums,

Someone passed me a avent naturally express sterilizer without any instructions manual. I know the cycle will take 8 mins, but after 8 mins will it auto off? Or do I need to switch off by myself after 8 mins?

Tks!

Dear all, may I updated in the list too? Edd is 8/2/12, gave birth via c-sectiOn on 27/1/12..

Also may I Join the fb group? Tot it is fantastic to have a fb group with babies that are ard some age, we can even have playdates! ;)

Ladies, do u standby a tin of formula milk? I intend to bf but tot of buying a tin just in case. Does tmc provide? I m undecided on similac n enfalac.. Any suggestions?

Omg! Orangeroses congrats! I'm still at home waiting. Keep us updated!!

Mummies who wanna join the fb group, there are two, one is closed to new members. The other one is Feb2012mummies! That's the name of the group. Try searching it, I can't remember who set it up. If u can't find it, post here again for help!

Lynn, yah pushing the womb up is a bit discomfort but after that it will be a relief. Don have to worry about irritable bladder.

Ladies, the feb2012mummies FB is set up by a gp of us, a few of us like myself, oops are moderators. Can u ensure your pm is on so I could sent u the link? Thanx!

Lynn, is like this one.. 1 more wk to go before my bb is full mth.. My tummy from pregnancy is already gone though I still hv 7 kg more to lose after losing 7 kg
happy.gif

Hey mummies who had contractions... Does it start with cramps? I'm having cramps which doesn't seem to b going away... Weird... V achy feeling...

The thing with having standby fm is not really whether u give in. It's probably CL or others asking u to give fm! I bought a tin for standby. On 1st and 2nd night, CL alr said bb hungry might want to give fm. I just told her I didn't buy. I knew my milk was coming in, so I wanted to try for a few more days. I alr agreed w hubby beforehand to supplement w fm if bm insufficient. But we wanted to be in control when to give. In the end, the tin is still unopened now
happy.gif

Oh ya ya! Back ache! But is permanent leh. Super achy! Doesn't seem to go away. Normal? Contraction is pain where ah? Below belly button ma? Cannot rem Liao... I got pain there but v irregular...

Chewie, salute you for not giving in to FM! Sad to say, I actually gave in to pressure from mum on the day when I discharged home. The hospital is definitely a more conducive place for Bf. I'm using enfalac as supplement cause baby is drinking more than my supply of bm.

CIA, chronic backache is one of the sign for labour too.

Permanent then I'm not sure. Cos mine comes and goes. Contraction pain for me was mainly at the front, bearer bottom and it started more than 16 hours after my backache started! I think u can still monitor, but yes, get food for energy!

Jen, I guess others will keep telling us to feed baby, be it fm or bm or bb just finished feeding half an hr ago. It is the easiest solution to a crying baby. Well fm is full of nutrients too! As long as u do ur best to supplement, u r being the best mummy to your bb
happy.gif

Meiji: we standby small tin of Enfa, wanted to give her FM at night so can sleep longer. End up never poo one day we canned the Enfa and went back to 100% EBM. Lol

Serene123 and mummyZeal: [email protected], from this forum. Paiseh was busy. Today went to squeeze with 900 ppl to ballot house.

GG: we use wipes and also will use cotton balls soaked in warm or cool down water to wipe off.. Clean from top to bottom and folds. Even the V. Coz sometimes worried her poo poo will cause infection.

Xia, i hav same early labor sign - cramp , then in labour for nxt few hrs. Hope u hv called yr gynae! This could be it!!
Jia you!!!! So exciting!

Orangeroses, jia you!! Its yr turn now! Gambatte!!

Btw Xia, try to time it each time cramp happens. It shld be regularly at 5 -10min break, duration of few sec to a min.

Aiyoh I was without epi for 24 hrs but only dilated 3-4cm! Now on epi, waterbag burst naturally. Hopefully dilate more now tt cervix not so tense and I will have my vbac dream ;)

Aiyo my cramps disappeared =( false alarm. Tink my bb trying to bluff me give her good food? I eat le den after 2 hrs my cramps no more... Grrr! LMAO! Dammit!

Thanks sweetcorn. Hope the cramps come bac for me to time! Keke.

Orangeroses u in observation ward for more than 24 hrs ma? Or they bring u labor ward le? Can eat? Jia you jia you ya!!! Gogogo! =)

Dear mummes, any one of you experience "fussy baby"? Cos my baby only want to latch on one side and when i try to latch him on the other, he will cry or simply spit out. Have been trying so hard and somehow feel rather discourage. How long shall we latch him on? If express milk out, any time recommendation?

Being mother is definitely not easy
sad.gif

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing ur thoughts/practice in buying fm. I think I wil just buy a small tin of Enfa n keep out of sight from my CL too.
I am due 29feb which is the same as opps? Bb still not engaged.
sad.gif
Have been having pain on my right hip n back for quite a few days.. Feel so uncomfortable n have a feeling that it might affect natural delivery. Gonna see my gynae tmr..

I bought Enfalac too when bb was discharged. Milk supply may takes a while to come in. I defintely dun wan a crying bb who does not hv enough. Also, there r toxic in bb's liver at birth. Fluid (fm) will wash out all these toxics n help to reduce bb's jaundice level too.

Mummies who haven't give birth, just to share, first few days if u need to use catheter, maybe no choice must use the loop kind of maternity pad, but once can put on panties, think use sofy the super long kind of night pad is better then maternity kind which has no wings and not as long.. My 2 cents worth.. ;)

For bm, I'm not an expert, but as written in a lot of books n stuff, body produce milk according to demand.. N how body know demand is via baby suckling.. Once you supplement cos u fear that baby do not have enough, your baby will not suckle and body will not produce, something like a vicious cycle? Yesterday night baby vomitted twice and still want to drink no matter how we try to soothe her, if I have fm, sure make for her already, even my hubby ask me want to go and buy? But by the time buy come back, would be too late so I tried to latch again thinkIng "die.. Already suck till dry, how to be enough for her?" but surprisingly, she latch on for another 6 mins and went to sleep. On hindsight, if I had made fm for her, she might vomit again since its seems that she is just overfed.. First time round was too much movement after feeding..

Also not sure if you guys have already read that first few days of birth, babies do not need anything more than the few drops of colostrum from you and the need to keep letting them suckle is to let your body know that it is supposed to produce more milk..

The nipples is gonna hurt like hell but once they toughen up, you are going to enjoy breastfeeding! ;)

Icyclaw, after feeding m burping bb, carry bb for a while before putting her down on the bed. Also, if u still see some milk flowing out from bb's mouth after you put her down, burp bb again. Bb will burp again. That's what happen to my belle too!

Back