(2012/02) Feb 2012

Beemummy - I also used brestfriend. Helps support arm and bb when latching sitting up. I always fall asleep latching at note so safer with the pillow. Alternatively if u can latch lying down den dun really have to buy the nursing pillow cos once I learnt to do tat my nursing pillow went to storage. Heh.

Thanks for the recs- was able to get a Brestfriend from someone I know. Btw anyone have a super sleepy baby? Mine sleeps most of the time except for breastfeeding, and still sleeping during feeding as well.

xia: haha! ya maybe we have seen each other before! Today is my EDD, last night had Braxton Hicks but I managed to sleep through too. Cannot induce cos I am trying VBAC and everything has to be natural to be safe.
happy.gif
My gynae say 2nd time babies may not engage, usually during labour then engage.

Jen: Haha! I guess listen to what your PD says! Funny hor, different PD say different thing. I have asked 2 different PDs who both told me below 6 months don't need to drink water. Cos not nutritious and they don't need water to supplement.

Xia, me also seeing jw. Oh she let u try vbac? She advised me do c cos my 1st one couldn't come out via natural and she thinks my bb going to be big like gor gor. I also never insist cos I scared natural tear etc. My no 1 is 2. Most impt is buy something u think your no 1 likes.

Lynn,
On my second nite stay at hospital nurse tried let me feed bb at 3pm but baby refuses to wake up so I fed him only at 9am the next morning, he also went 10 hrs without milk

i think baby was full n she konk off...just sleep 10 hr no feed...

GG lee, u mar 2010 mum? thot i saw u there before

anyone doing malay masage? wrap cloth on tummy? or use binder? which more effective?

Lynn, different people different pattern. My 1st one use wrap cloth cos I hv the old one. Today one use binder. But massage so short 45 mins. Over the phone told me I 1hr 45mins.

Orangeroses - oooooo den better walk more ba. Hurry take chance go shopping!!! Muahahhahah. Mine is say just engaged nia but v low le. She expecting me to deliver tis wk. but my #1 she told me the same thing for 3 wks still Neva pop and go overdue! LoL! Now I still tinking whether I can make it for bb fair ma. Wan go shop shop! =p

GG - I not vbac. My #1 natural with epi. She onli 2.76 so not much prob. Neva episiotomy so natural tear. On epi cannot feel anything. Heh. So I v scared if epi not in time tis time round will v pain! LOL. Oooo ur #1 v close also! I not sure wat my #1 like leh. She v choosy... She like soft toys but prefers some over others. So I v scared the one I buy she dun like so asking ard for other options. How's ur cough le? Better?

Serene - waaa v big difference in timing leh! U Neva call them and ask?

Lynn - tink must try to wake bb up to eat like wat GG says. Chk with pd? Tink cos scared too long bb dun feed will affect weight gain.

Xia, sorry, think i mix u up with orangeroses and opps! My no 1 was 3.4+ kg, waterbag burst before he engaged. Doc estimate no 2 to be about same. Me still coughing, worst at night, but will still go ahead. Very tough coughing with a huge tummy, back aches tummy aches. Taking birdnest now hopefully helps.

Mummies who have delivered at tmc, they provide most stuff right? So no need bring much things? The ready to drink fm they charge at $1.50 per bottle ( the someone mentioned before)?

serene, my massage tdy first session also 45 mins only..feel so cheated...when i had no 1 the massage 1.5 h....feel like changing but her skill not bad esp pushin up womb for no1...

GG: Ya: TMC provides all the baby things - u just need to bring your stuff. Eh? Yr #1 also TMC right? Anyway, does TMC give free bathtub now? I heard mt A does but my #1 at TMC doesn't have. Anyone who gave birth recently at TMC knows?

Ya my first at tmc too. But wondering if any change since then. Nope, they dun give bath tub, unlike mt A during my no 1 time.

Actually is it a must to bring a set of clothes for bb coming home? I din for no 1.

Gg I have one I used for no 1. Not bad. I using her this round after my malay massage. If u want contact pm me. U must like firm massage. Certified post natal masseur.

hi mummies, counting down...my EDD same as opps. I realise I don't know a thing about how much per feed the baby will need! Must go read up now!

Breast fed babies use about 8-11 diapers everyday

Can I ask for those who are using confinement ladies, do the CL sleep with the baby with the door closed? I'm a lil troubled.. Just want to make sure i am not paranoid.

... Very troubled.. I also found that the CL makes baby sleep on her side. I read on the health booklet that babies are supposed to sleep on their backs to prevent suffocation... And with the door closed. Feeling very uneasy... Am I having baby blues?

Help!!!

Hi mummies, been a silent reader and my bb is also a feb bb! She's born on the 8th feb, came early at 37 weeks, 2.5 hour labor, no epi, natural delivery. my #2. =)

orangeroses: TMC doesn't give bathtub. No freebies i must say. As for going home clothes, they dress them up in the TMC shirt and diaper, wrapped up in swaddle provided my tmc.

Gg: The malay massage lady i am having now is not too bad too! Very comfortable after each massage. her rates are also reasonable. Helps to clear block ducts and after that oil massage, she might go beyond 1 hour too. Let me know if you'd like her contact.

annticipating: I used close to 5-8 diapers a day (including night time). Sometimes maybe more, cos' whenever I have just changed her, she pooed again. They tend to poo a lot, first its the dark tarry stool for the first 3 days, which can be quite a lot.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- BN Playskool busy balls patterns & colours $15
- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10
- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50
- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00
- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m $5
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $10 each
- 2 tins of Similac 400g (exp May'12) $10 each
- 2 btl Gerber puffs (strawberry apple and peach, exp Sep'12) $7
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

mummyzeal: You can ask your CL to open the door. Anyway she's supposed to do what you wish. My bb now sleeps on her side, and she actually sleeps better. So far, for her she doesn't flip so that's okay. Have to check on her and anyway she wakes every 2-3 hours. My no.1 slept on his back all the while at nb stage, swaddled. He tend to wake up more easily. It depends.. I think your CL is just trying to base on her own experience. But if you are concern, ask her to open the door so that you can also keep a look out.

Mummy, my CL keeps the door open with a stopper. She does not close the door fully. My bb will sleep in her sides too at times.

Hi mummies,

For those who are still considering what kind of insurance to get for your newborn, i believe the first one should be the hospitalisation plan. As a mother of three, there is this plan called myshield, underwritten by Aviva, which provide free hospitalisation plan for your child if both you and your spouse are covered under this plan.

Premiums are deducted from medisave and i thought it's quite beneficial for all parents since it will be given free for your child (up to a max of 4 children).

For more information, please do PM me. I would also like to be upfront here. Yes, I am an insurance agent but as a mother of three, this plan can really help u save a fair bit over the long run.

If any mummies are considering getting a whole life plan(with cash value) for your darlings, with just a mere $2 a day, we can provide a $150K coverage for your child. This is one of the cheapest in the market too. Do PM me if you want more information.

I delivered at TMC. I didn't bring anything for my baby. The going home clothes including a TMC top, a pair of mitten, diaper and wrapped with a blanket. They give a diaper bag for you to pack your baby's stuff and they give a pureen diaper rash cream. No bath tub was given.

I must say TMC's service sucks as my baby came home with diaper rash! The only reason I select TMC is they have good doctors.

Mummy(zeal), I am the super kia su type......if I were you, I will ask her to keep the door open so that I can check on baby at nite...

Hi zeal, my CL sleeps with door open. Issit ur CL sleep with aircon so close door? U mean bb head is upright or face side? Face side is better, prevent suffocation due to tongue choking. My bb head is always side and she changes side by herself. CL also puts bb to sleep on her or on her mattress sometimes. Bb may feel more secure with someone beside. But not good to do too frequently

Hi Moms,
Sorry to disturb...

Free baby Insurance Coverage for mummies who can help me complete a short survey. Looking for 10 mummies with babies 6months & below this round.
Interested, pls PM me your name, contact & email add.
Thanks!!
happy.gif

Chewie, thanks.. At least now I know asking her to sleep with door ajar is reasonable. I tot sleeping with door open is also reasonable but she says all her clients let her sleep with closed door. I mean, I barely know her... How can I let her sleep closed door with my few days old baby ... Nobody knows what she does inside right. Of course I don't want to sound offensive.. So I just say i want to see baby as and when ...

Chewie, no she sleep with fan. And the fan blows at the baby as well.... My mum was complaining fan no gd for baby. CL was saying she not used to aircon. Then my baby whole day looking red and sweaty. Sometimes I think I rather not have a CL. Sigh,

Do ur babies sleep with fan, aircon?

GG, CL and baby same room but baby in cot and CL on bed, they not sleeping together. But she will tilt the baby to one side... If baby tilts over then potentially cannot breathe lor.. So I am worried

Beverly, my bb also came home with bad nappy rash!! 3 days after she was bk, the nappy rash went away after we cleaned her bottom with water every diaper change & apply nappy cream diligently. I delivered in TMC too.

Mummy, just tell her directly. U r the employer. If she says other employers let her sleep with door open, then u remind her now she is working for u, so she shld follow wat u wan. Also, fan cannot blow at bb. Is bad for bb n she may fall sick!

My bb is with me in my room during day times. Yes, I on aircon coz now confinement I cannot take fan. If not, body sil ache. I din close the door completely either when I on the aircon & I m outside my room doing something. If not, bb wakes up & cry I wun be able to hear.. So on aircon also doesn't mean must close the door completely.

Hi mummies, any advices on when i can do massage after my c-section? Doctor say my outer wound had healed, but what i am worried about is the inner wound. Sometimes i feel pain in my tummy and not the wound itself. Is it normal?

Baby has been drinking a lot of milk even though he is only 16 days old. He drank like 60ml - 100ml each feed. Is it normal? Is it a must to burp him when i latch him on? Cos the nurses at gleneagles say no need. But i getting mixed advise. Will i pull out bb's hair when i carry him, or break his hands? Cos i not very good at carrying him still.I getting more and more paranoid, that i scared i become depressed.

Hi Hazel, is it ok to on the aircon? I trying so hard to endure singapore's hot weather with no air-con and fan blowing up the ceiling.

Mummy, my no 1 sleeps in aircon from day 1. Hospital also aircon ma. But day time will use fan to circulate air but not blow directly. Too hot bb will get heat rash lor!

Beverly, alamak, tmc so jia lat now?? So fast kena diaper rash??

Mummy, get your hubby tell the CL? For me last time my CL also dun close door fully, even though aircon. And no, my CL dun put bb sleep side at night. Only sleep on back. Daytime will then let bb sleep on tummy at times. Some CL say must change position so bb won't get flat head. I find it's easier to get hubby be the bad guy lor. During confinement, we just focus on resting and bf. Dats wat I did for no 1.

Shan, at least 3 weeks after c section. Make sure your gynae give u the all clear first. And during massage they should not press the wound vicinity.

Shan, aircon air n fan air are different. Fan air makes the body aches. Aircon is fine coz air is not blowing at us. Switch off yr aircon before you shower though..

For bb sleeping in aircon, hv to set temp at abt 25 degrees. Shld not go below 22 degrees unless u r prepared to let bb wear winter clothings to keep their warmth.

My bb kicks alot. So she can kick open the swaddle blanket. What I do is, I place her on the side of my bed n cover her with one corner of my quilt. But since she kicks alot, I hv to constantly check she dun kick until the quilt covers her face. That is why I also dun close my door completely if I m outside the room doing something.. Just waste abit of money on electricity bill.

Mummy: My CL sleeps with the door open when I had #1 - not in air con room, she uses fan to circulate air too but not blow directly at newborn. Anyway Newborn has a swaddle so I don't think the fan can blow directly.

Yes she lets my #1 sleep on the sides too - she will change sides after every time he wakes up for milk. This is to prevent their heads from going "flat". As they are not capable of flipping yet, it is not an issue. My #1 got round head now - quite nice! hee hee.

Back