(2012/02) Feb 2012

Zeal, agree w the other mummies.. U hv the right to tell her to do it. Or ask hubby to tell
happy.gif
bb sleeps w fan at night. Daytime if hot then I on ac. Else just natural wind n fan

Shan, my bb also 16 days. She consumes abt 500-600 ml total daily. Each feed needs abt 70-80 ml. Sometimes shortly after feed she still fusses, so I either let her latch or CL give a bit more like 30-50 ml

Congrats Lemon!! Hv a valentine bb
happy.gif

I also on air con sleep, during confinement sweat alot... Very uncomfortable feel whole body very dirty even I shower everyday also sweat alot. My CL adv better don't on air con too long, must let the sweat come out.

This few day keep diarrhea le... Don't know wat happen, if eat too many herb 'pu ping' will diarrhea?? Then end up 什么也补不到咯..

shan: my gynae recommended 3-4 wks then can do massage...
is your pain at the side? I had sharp pain at my left side whenever i shifted my body. I asked my gynae and she said most prolly i pulled my side muscle. Cos i was using my left too much. she advised me to use my right side instead. my caesarian area is still quite numb so i don't feel any pain there...

Hi Lemon,
Congrats on having a V-day bb.

Chewie,
My bb is 18 days old and he is drinking btwn 70 -90ml per bottle feed of EBM every 3-4 hrly. If i latch him on, he will only suckle on 1 side for abt 10-15mins..

Cranky,
I also had c-section. My gynae told me to only go for Jamu massage after 5th week. And if i feel pain ard the c-section area durng the massage, must ask the lady to avoid that area otherwise will end up with blue-black.

And if want to start exercising, must wait until 2 months wor.. My gynae said will take at least 2 months for the c-sect wound to heal completely..

Sorry to interupt, I'm a nov 2011 mom. I have many packets of new pet pet s size diapers to let g. Bought too many n now baby being overweight cannot fit! Do pm me if you are interested

Lemon - grats and have a gd recovery!

Shan - I latched fully and did not burp for #1 initially but over time air builds up in tummy also. So not tat gd. Tink if latch can dunnid burp so diligently but still nid to try and burp mebbe alt feeds or see ur comfort level. In the end I still burp every feed. My bb alot wind. =x diff bbs grow at diff rates. Just let ur bb eat however much. If got prob when u visit pd will tell u. Also dun tink too much abt hurting bb! I believe if u tink abt all the parts tat u can hurt bb most prob u wun hurt bb cos u prob b extra careful as well. Bbs are more hardy than we tink they are. They not stupid de. If pain they will cry and let u noe =)

Zeal - u got bb monitor? Put with bb and on at all times? Or just tell her say u dun mind her close door when she doing her private stuff like changing or wat but not the whole nite. Say u not comfortable not being able to see/hear ur bb as and when. Also if fan onli the rm v stuffy when door close. She can tahan but u dun tink bb can. Tell her say u wan the rm door to b open for bb's sake. Ur CL where u get from? Agency or ownself source? My #1 slps on side from day 1. Alternates after every feed. Gd for head. Round round. =) if u really paranoid can buy a sleep positioner for bb. Is to prevent bb from rolling over. I used tis http://www.babytown.com.sg/the-first-years-airflow-wedgeincline-sleep-positioner-p-2158.html?cPath=139. =) dun worry too much k! Must learn to relax in confinement.

I used aircon throughout for my 1st confinement. Always on like hazel. Too hot cannot tahan! Hehe. As long as not direct wind. Make sure vent not blowing at u can liao. Just like hospital ma. =p bb also aircon from day 1.

My CL and bb slept with me in my rm tog with hb cos house small no space. So I happened to b able to monitor everything. I got my CL from GPLS. Changed her halfway cos found her v not hygienic. Tell her many times still Neva change. Clean my bb butt always wipe from bac to front. V angry. In the end I took over myself. Alot other things too much to type. Half the confinement I Neva rest well cos always had to chk on her or do things myself. Make myself overtired. After changing CL den i felt better cos too tired out. Mebbe cos I over paranoid after seeing 1st CL do so many things I not happie with den cannot rest my mind. So it's normal I guess. After all 1st time having bb. So mummies u r not alone ya. Nothing wrong with us. But must slowly learn to relax and let go. =)

Btw my #1 came home from tmc with nappy rash too. Tink the puréen nappy rash cream not so gd. gonna bring desitin to use tis time round. See better or not. =p

Jus came back from gynea checkup. I have checked with her on bb going bigger than #1 and overdue for VBAC.

She will let me try for VBAC even tot bb is a bit bigger than #1 cos she say bb's head able to mold according to our cervix size and shape so don worry. She will also let me wait till 6 Mar and if bb still nvr come out, I will hav to c-sect again cos cannot induce at all.

I lost abt 1kg this wk but bb put on 200g at 3kg liao. Head very low but not low enough so gynea say won't be tis week. She say hav to continue waiting.

She wan to check my cervix today but I request not to do it. But I will be doing ctg on next tue appt.

I also walk a lot esp yesterday at the airshow till i having sunburn now. I'm very red and itchy now loh. Haiz. I carry umbrella still sunburn. My friend who walk under the direct sun with me nvr get sunburn. Don knw is it bcos my skin very sensitive when preggy.

Opps, I went Phuket with my frens and hb abt 7 mths. Stayed under the sun without applyIng anything cos I wan tan. Everyone else applied sunblock. Come bac everyone got darker except me. No one believed I went Phuket. I tot is cos preggy. LoL u opposite from me? Den mebbe not cos preggy liao.

OOps: Thanks for sharing! I'm going to my gynae tomorrow will keep you updated too - I'm 40 weeks 2 days tomorrow! eeks. Will see when gynae will let me wait till. He's going to be away from 25th Feb so I really hope it's going to be before tt! Actually my initial EDD was 21st Feb cos at tt time my period wasn't regular so he used 3 month scan to 'agar'. Think later on when bb grew he shifted it forward to 15 feb. Maybe i'm not late after all! But I really hope she'll be out before he goes on leave. After all I chose him because I wanted VBAC!

xia, usually if I carry umbrella and walk under the sun for very long hrs, I won't get sunburn at all. Only if I stand or walk in the direct sun that I will get sunburn. Dun knw y yesterday I carry umbrella and still sunburn, scary!

orangeroses, I think u better follow your original EDD of 21 Feb. My friend who also got 2 EDD deliver her bb exactly on original which is the later date EDD. Maybe urs is that case too.

My gynea also will be away from 22 to 27 Feb. Hope bb come out before or after that cos I'm quite happy tat she supports my decision for VBAC. Don knw the other gynea who took over her knws my situation and support VBAC.

opps: ya I know what you mean! Really hope and pray our gynaes will be around WHEN it happens. Recently so sick and tired of pple asking me "when?". I really don't know! And i'm not keeping my baby from them, i want her out too! grrr

GG Lee, I'm with Goh Shen Li in KKH. She say cos induce will create stress to the womb so chances of rapture very higher. For VBAC, everything hav to be natural. But we can take epi.

orangeroses, more walks, squats, carry #1 and hseworks don work ah. I tot of go jogging if I'm overdue, hahaa.... I will start to squat and carry #1 more from today. Yesterday walk and stand for so many hrs till I'm super tired. I tot will trigger contractions but in the end nvr leh. Hehee...

Sorry to disturb, I'm a Dec'11/Jan'12 mummy.

I have a new, unopened tin of s26 FM for mums who want to standby FM in first month. My bb no longer drinks it but I've bot 1 tin too many.

This is the same FM that KKH uses for our bbs born there. Facilitates smooth transition for your bb fr hospital to home.

It expires in June 2013, sold at NTUC for $40++, I'm willing to let it go at $30 if collection below my block at Bishan St 22, or $35 at Bishan MRT.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

Xia- thanks for the advice!

Lemon, congrats! I always wanted a Vday baby but my little didn't want to wait so still feeling a bit sore. U take care n rest well!

Good luck GG!! Congrats to mummies who popped!
happy.gif

I finally told my CL I want her to keep the door open... Reached a compromise to keep it ajar. Thanks ladies! Feel so relieved now keke

Orange roses, the day before I popped.. I spent 3 hours walking up n down ikea buying baby stuffs... Maybe u want to try that :p

Xia, thanks.. I will learn to take it easy.. She's from PEM confinement.. Haven't had thots about changing her yet .. But now that I hear ur story... Keke

Actually I think sometimes the agency uses 'newly' trained hires.... They pretend to have experience but u wonder if they really know wha they are doing?

hi mummies, those popping no2 or no3...do you feel not much time spend with no1?
after maternity leave, going back to work, would be even lesser time??? i started to feel sad about this! hope this is not post natal depression....

how?

Hi mummies,
Juz passed my 1st week of confinement.
It has been a roller coaster ride..
Bb cries at night n I wake up to pacify her - I'm now my bb pacifier, once she suckle, she will stop crying. But once put her back in cot she cries again.

I got not enough rest, breast milk supply can't match bb demand..
sad.gif

So no choice, I supplement with FM.

Now 2nd week, my bb drinks 750ml in 24hrs.. Is that too much?

Hi all, I'm so tired now. My #1 wake up wif a fever and no choice hav to keep carrying cos keep crying. The temp keeps going up. Hav to wait for clinic to open at 7pm then can see doc. Hope later when he wake up temp will drop. Heartpain to see him crying and refuse to eat anything incl milk and water.

Chilli, I'm also into my week 2... Confinement quickly end!!!

Opps, do u have baby panadol syrup? The PD will just issue that and ask u to feed 4-6hourly.. Monitor closely. Not much they can do... How bad is the fever?

Bee mummy, I use the mittens that are normal size.. Keep falling off also...

My CL mended all bb mittens n socks. Just sew 2 stitches to make it smaller! Next time easy to remove n it doesn't drop off now!

Just had herb bath! My 2nd so far... Cos tmr going gynae visit
happy.gif
I don't want my confinement to end so soon... Very dependent on my CL... I'm prob extending confinement to 40 days. That's the proper period actually.. From 28 days can bathe normal alrd. I plan to be more hands on from then and move bb to cot in our room while CL is still around

Anyone got a maid cos of bb? So headache.. Dunno want or not. Dun wanna give up our privacy :/

Chilli, I have same problem wIf my baby too, once suckle on, don want to let go even when she fell asleep. My mum ask me to try pacifier, but I'm hesitant to do that. For milk supply, if not enough, then supplement wif fm, fm gives baby a fuller feeling so won't ask for feeding so often as compared to bf. I give baby fm at night so I could get some sleep.

Oops- you tried putting koofever for relief yet?

Heard there's a baby fair at expo, anyone been there yet? Looking to buy wipes n diapers

Chewie: when I'm at home she does house chores and cook as well as help out when needed. When I go back to work she take care of bb and do basic chores. Ya a lot of horror stories abt maids, but no choice for me cuz grandparents cannot help. I'm reluctant to send bb to infantcare cuz long queue plus will get sick v often, and I still feel bb too young no heart to send to school. Next option is nanny but nanny also have horror stories the nanny's way.

Hiring maid is really Heng suay lor. If choose inexperienced one then need a few months to train, then might have to change a few before getting the right one. I sent back one before, really drove me nuts. But the good ones are great help. Of course cannot expect too much from them also... Need to set realistic expectations lor.

Haro mummies!!!! I passed my EDD liao but baby still dont wanna come out. :/ Hopefully i'll pop soon cos dun wanna induce! Gynae gave me another week to wait.

Mummies who delivered at TMC, did u guys all opt for room-in with baby? I'm quite confused. My friend said she opt for room in but the nurse kept wheeling the bb back to nursery. So how does it work? Will they wheel back every two hours promptly if I wanna bf? I'm also worried I cant handle the diaper change and all that.

HI planet - that makes the 2 of us! My EDD has come and left - it was 15th Feb - but I was on 21st Feb initially so I'm in a bit of denial and assuming the 21st feb one is more accurate.
happy.gif

Oops: Oh dear you must be very tired! What did the PD say? Why is your #1 having fever? Anyway, my baby now abt 3.3kg and gynae said since baby is active and have amniotic fluid, then we'll just wait.
happy.gif
I like him la - so cool. But he's going on leave next Sat! So baby better come out by then!

Planet, if u tell them room in, they won't come and take your bb unless bath time or injection. But u find tmc service dropped indeed. Swaddle not v well done, and the nurses some quite lousy in handling bb. Some never even hold bb by the neck!

GG, I m seeing my gynae 8 wks after delivery. By then, shld stop bleeding n he will do pap smear. Natural delivery mah,, no urgency.

Orangeroses> Yay i've got company! So many mummies popped that I was feeling left out. Haha. My case is opposite of yours.. if calculate by menstral cycle my edd is 8 Feb! But so far ultrasound all indicate 16 Feb. Sometimes it's 17th.. but today is coming to an end and still no baby! My PD also said to wait since amniotic fluid level is fine, baby cord is ok, and placenta still healthy. So fingers crossed!

Tonight I shall go climb more stairs. Ystday I made my hubby climb 13 storeys with me. Haha.

GG Lee> Thanks. I had high hopes for TMC services! Guess I better keep an eye on the nurses. But not like I know how to handle bb well too. Yikes!

planet: how heavy is your bb now? for #1 it's ok la, wait lor - as long not over week 42 not considered overdue!
happy.gif
I had my #1 at 31 too and with your same gynae!

Hi mummies,
Haven't been updating for quite a while lately... EDD is tmr but doc actually gave me till next week cos I dun wish to induce. But hubby was so busy with work lately so I'll probably check in tmr to be induced. Have been praying real hard that bb will wanna come on her own tmr.

Orangeroses, was ok, so far so good. But I find the nursery service like drop lor. Hubby told me bb shit immediately after delivery they din clean her. Just continue to wrap. And never do the suck saliva/phlegm thing at all. No 1 they got do straight away.

Mich> Yay! Join me and orangerose in the wait! Btw, u really decided to induce? My gynae said that induce likely will be more painful.. unless u are going for epi then i guess no diff. For me I also feel that induce is abit unnatural, prefer to let my body decide (if possible!) Go and climb stairs and do squats tonight! I heard it works wonders. Maybe tmr morn will have good news! =)

Orange> My bb is 3.1kg at last check. So still can afford to wait. :D

NC, anyone at home w maid next time? How long u took from going agency to getting the maid?

GG, my gynae visit almost 2+ weeks. Believe is to check on stitches n my fren said need to cut off the knot? I'll also get some meds n vitamins from her like domperidone, iron, calcium

Back