(2011/04) Apr 2011

Mrs chua: I only give my girl water if her last meal is FM. Cos right now I am alternating her feeds between BM and FM, cos two reason la, one thing my ss not enuf, another cos she has some jaundice I worry BM jaundice will worsen it. So when she need BM I will latch both sides and then top up with emb. My emb are obtained during the feed when she takes FM.

Im sweating so much that my girl face is all my sweat after latching on lor. After every feed I ask my mum wipe her face. *~*!

Good evening ladies!!!!!!

Woke up from my nap & had my breast massage!!!!!

Jtho, I MUST SAY I LOVE U~~~~~!!!!!!!!! I know what u mean by breast fountain now!!!!!!!!!!!!! My breast show it to me when I had my msg with Mdm. Rokiah!!!!!!

Ladies who had low milk supply... Do u feel ur breast heavy even after u latch or pump? Wanna try out this massage????

My left breast getting lesser n lesser milk for the past few session of pumping despite my girl suckle well... But some how I find my breast is still heavy after latch n pump so I suspect I got lump! But I dunno how to heck whether I got pump so I decided to call this massage lady who rec by Jtho, she is very pro BF!

& u know what!? The moment she start to massage my breast with her bare hand, I saw fountain! My breast milk spray on my face n chest!!!!! Wow Hoo!!!!

Now no more heavy feel on my breast n she said I actually got alot of milk n my nips open is big which might choke my girl hopefully not!) I super confident now!!!!!!

Vivi & Mrs. Chua,

Wanna give it a try? Maybe u girl have the same problem as mine but not aware like me!!!???????

Gerry,

wow tt great hope ur gal will come out soon.. did ur gynae say if bb is low alr?

Hippopolai,

hee i go to healthway for the VACCINE also but only go to the Healthway Tuas outlet cos the GP there gd gave me lotsa tips... alot of PD din even bother to mention[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i remember the 6 in 1 is comparable to polyclinic 1...

Mrs Chua,

i usin level 4 sumtime lvl 5...

Yoti,

burp downwards...

jojo,

hahah i had mac BF be4 i induce too loL~

Prayhard,

usu Cl left on day 28 12noon...

Gerry,

Thanks! Think I have to pull through this month... Haa Haa... Soon you wll meet ur bunny liao lor~~~ YEAH~~~!!!!!!

Mrs. Chua, U use L9????? U geng leh... I 1st day use L7 my nips crack leh... So I reduce to L5... In the end now use L3 or L4 lor...

Michelle

Thks for e explanation

Vivi

Half price of gnc?

Hipopolai

Massage is good right.. I was so sad to see my session end.

They are better than the nurse or consultant at the hospital sometimes. And cheaper..

piggy, I had it on a late saturday aftn, clinics all closed, I can't even go see a GP, so my hub made me take panadol flu tablets. I pumped out milk n threw away cos nt sure if can let bb take.

Then next am, I called hosp and asked if i cld go try catch my gynae dur his ward rounds but as we're all unsure of his timing, the sister(she checked wif pharmacy n told me it's safe to let bb take) told me she'd speak to my gynae.

He phoned me and told me that it's safe to let bb take e bm still(aiyoh wasted) and told me to just take paracetemol, no need to take antibiotics unless it's very very bad. But I took that during my #1 time leh, same symptoms(maybe abit slighter though)...

Bbgoh, pink, sandy..

Thanks!! But still might take a while too.. Hopefully sooner than later.. =)

Tweety,

Hehe!! I try my best.. It's good to know more about breastfeeding.. Helps to make it a more enjoyable experience despite all the pain and exhaustion!!

Hippopolai: great.. U can continue ur moo moo career Le.. The LC at tmc did teach me how to massage.. Cause initially I had lumps and no matter how I pump also feel very heavy.. She taught me the way to massage and I feel good after the lumps are gone..

Mrs chua: level 9?? So high arh?

Gerry: heehee... =)

Hippopolai,

how much u pay huh? this few day have a few lump at the bottom of my breast no matter how i massage it wun go away n the s/s of this breast drop greatly....

mum05,

ok thanks... i also dunno if it is mastitis cos no swollen n pain jus more lump n block ducts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Piggy,

I pay S$70 for about 1.5hrs session... But the timing is not fix de... She said my breast big, & my lump quite alot so take longer... I ask her small breast won't take so long to massage... The after massage I fell SOooooooooooo good~~~~~

Hippopolai

interested in the ML [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] how much u pay can pm me the contact??

Piggy,

Dr never say whether baby lower.. Just that i am inducible.. So I am giving this little one until Sunday to show her face then I will consider inducing..

Hippo,

Ya just have to tahan for a while then after that breastfeeding will be a breeze.. And u look like you are heading in the right direction!!=)

Tweety.. I told my parent Le but they still the same.. They  jus say we dun understand lo.. I know them too well Le, Wat they think is right, no matter Wat oso won't change them de. They r those too trad thinking pple Le.. 

Ya, I find pd charges for vaccination all v exp so I decided to go poly clinic one. Much cheaper & heard can use medisave to pay.. 

I think I use too high level for the pump Le.. Until my nipple sore haha.. Jus now I tried using L4, pump not do painful Le.. 

Aries.. My supply really cannot catch up with my boy's demand. Now can pump as much I can to give him.. if really no supply den top with fm.. 

Hippo so power this massage lady how much does it cost and how long? Just breast massage ?

These few days can feel breast heavy and nipple quite painful and heavy.

Smiggle princess I dont know what is the price for fenugreek at gnc wor

Hi mrs chua,

So envy that u didnt need to fast! Guess have to go w/o food for 1 day.:p

Hi mei,

Oh I see. If dr woody wants you to go for c-section, then should be around this period of time as now we already in our 38th wk liao.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yaloh...time flies! Tmlr is the big day! It will be your turn very soon!:D

Hi prayhard,

I think you would not vomit due to heavy breakfast as by 1-2pm, your breakfast should have already been digested?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] last time I only shivered (side effect) but no vomiting.hope tmlr the side effect won't be that strong~

Red dates water? But you can only drink it on the day when you can eat/drink, am I right? Will the drink 'spoilt' if leave it in room temperature?

Hippo.. I dun mind to try that massage. Wow.. Ur massage so long ah? That day mdm emma did 30mins leh.. She told me it will b painful but I felt v relax that someone massaging for me no pain at all Lols.. Seem so Bian tai hor Lols.. 

I felt so stupid lo to put it so high level thinking higher it is, the more milk I will get.. 

Piggy,

My block duct alot leh... I can feel the pain that's y I decided to call her... A big 1 near my left armpit... That's explain I feel the pain even when I sleep lor...

Smiggle,

Yes, massage is shiok, provide the ML is really skllful 1... Lols~~

Evelyn,

Yup, only breast massage to clear my block duct... I only 11 day post partum, so cannot massage tummy yet~

Sandy,

Ok, I msg u!

Vivi,

yes... only breast massage to clear block duct... Coz my left breast used to yield more but yesterday onwards it stuck at 60ml for few pumps... Then I start to feel pain at the side of breast... So I suspect i got block duct... Better clear it rather than later got martitis... Lols~

Your breast feel heavy even after pump? Could be block duct like me leh... U wanna try bor?

Mummies.. For my case which supply nt much, do unall think

I can continue using glass bottles as long as I ensure no crack etc? If no, how shld I store my milk?

Oh ya.. Forgot to share.. Jus now I saw my boy's mouth full of my bm when I latch him.. He was drinking so happily.. Can see his Mouth With milk, so satisfied face lo Lols..

HIppopolai,

actually i only got 1 breast got blk ducts... oki call her n check.....usu i kmow how to clear blk ducts but dunno y this time round no matter how i massage wun go away[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mrs Chua,

for glass bott as long as dun freeze it quite safe 1...

Piggy,

How u tell block duct huh? Actually I dunno leh... haa haa... I just feel my breast is heavy n a bit hard even after pump... Not soft soft de... So I suspect only... But when Msm Rokiah press my breast on those lump damn painful lor~~~

Hippopolai,

usu u can feel lump n when u press abit painful lo usu jus massage n knead the area it will be gone[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piggy,

My breast alot those green n thick thick veins... So I can't tell whether it's lump or veins... I ask hubby hubby said it's veins... His head lar...

Evelyn,

Pm-Ed u!

hippo: i smsed u but u didn't reply! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

How much sleep does 2 week old babies need? C spends a lot of time snoozing......... i'm just wondering if other babies are like that too. She will wake up to drink milk and then fall asleep drinking...for most feeds of the day. I read that new borns will sleep 16-18 hrs a day. She's most awake after her bath and evening wipe down that's all. Rest of the day....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (=_=""")

Sometimes she's awake and we put her in her cot she will kick around and entertain herself for 20-30 mins then fall asleep again on her own...............

Mrs CHUA,

Looks like you have no problem with latching and feeding your boy.. Why you say you are not producing enough? Cos of the pump vol? You pump so that other people can help with feeding right? Cos I think if you are willing to do full latch on, you should be able to tbf.. Since you are on leave.. It will be tiring.. I don't know just a suggestion.. During my maternity leave, I only pumped when I was separated from my girl like if i wanted to go for a facial or if I had a function to attend.. If not I was on full latch on.. And I only tried to pumped in the 3rd month to store for when I go back to work..

Oh and do take note that babies will go through lots of growth spurts ESP in the first few months where you might feel like all they want is milk.. Don't worry.. It is normal and not cos you are not producing enough milk..

Like what piggy said, if you don't freeze the glass bottle, it should be fine.. Not advisable to freeze.. All that expansion and contraction can cause cracks that you might miss too..

Pink,

Ya some babies do sleep alot!! And C is one of them.. She's only 2 weeks. By the end of the month, I believe she'll have more waking hours..

pink

my K also sleep most of the time only wake up for milk. it's normal my #1 continouas like tat till ard 3mth old.

Pink,

Sorry lar... When u smsed me I was enjoy my fountain spray all over my face n chest~~~ Shun bian have my breastmilk facial... Lols~ then 6plus dinner... 7pm Terry was home!!!! Now settle every1 Liao... Then can hug hug my iPhone...

Jovie also wake up for milk nia... Please enjoy n appreciate the quietness u have now hor... Soon u will be complaining how active C is n how busy u r!!!!! Lols~

But like what I smsed u also... C could b in the angel baby range... Then I will b super envy u!!!!!!

Piggy,

Tuas very far leh... We dun drive... See how... Might have car next month onwards so maybe can go there... Thanks! The OCBC link that Shyannlong share also under heathway leh...

Hi mummies,

Me too had Mdm Rokiah service when I had my 1st bb for my bad engorggement after my delivery and I can say she is very skillful even share tips and advise on breastfeeding and bb care. My postnatal massage for both bb also I had her company service and really enjoy my sessions. Although is a bit ex, but hubby and mil advise to get someone experience rather than cheap but got bad service. Got to know all her therapists are certified, experience and train by her personally.

Vivi: maybe u got block ducts as well? Try the ML??

Mrs chua: me latching my boy now.. Very satisfied to see him full hor?? Heehe.. I realized now nite time he must latch on b4 he sleep.. Miss the smelly smell of mine?? Heehee

tweety:

my boy also same. need to latch at night, if not refuse to sleep and wail the whole house down >_<

having sore nips now, the medela purelan doesn't seems to work well for me. anyone using laninsoh one? is it just as sticky?

Hippopolai,

hmm green vein is norm mah i also have alot esp durin BF.. lump u mus touch touch n feel 1..

huh Healthway Tuas at jurong west la.. blk 900+ there...

Pink,

aiyo u shd be glad ur C wan to sleep lo... u will regret if sshe is awake more often n whine alot... n bb sleep more is ok 1...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lynn: Laninsoh is less sticky... but i find all of them tooo sticky for me..can't even wash off my hands with soap... im using the nipple oil that i ordered online from littledreamers

Bbgoh: ahh okok.. icic... yawns i'm very bored i wanna disturb her wahahah.. she barely cries all day too..less than 3 times a day... yawns yawns yawns. i wanna feel more "useful" leh... wahahaha

hippo: i talk to u on SMS ah ... wahahahah

Lynn,

the lansinoh texture is abt the same but it less sticky... purelan 1 after wipe the stickness stay on but the lansinoh 1 can be remove totally after wipin n i find texture lighter.. it work better for me than the medela 1..

Lynn

try usin ur breast milk. I latch my boy whole day n is havin sore nip ESP jux now he jux suckle n suckle non stop no matter how I use mt finger unlatch him he bite my nip super painful so no choice I pull it out *ouch* apply wif breastmilk n air it now no pain le

mrs chua

shiok to c his mouth full of milk hor. Me is aft latchin he will vomit milk n I know ya he did haf my breastmilk n yday I was out whole day forget my pump when I fetch my son I fast fast latch him n he choke cos milk flow too fast I c le super happy haha

Piggy,

Oh~ then near my house!!!!!

Any west mummy going to deliver in TMC!? Need to get something from their pharmacy!!!!! Pls let me know ya!!!!

Pink

is gd tat C slp alot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] at least u can rest more.

Old ppl always say bb slp more will grow fAster.

Sandy,

Wah Lao... Sama sama... I also try to delatch Jovie use my finger... The moment my finger touch her mouth nia... She keep on suckle n bite... If I lift my finger she tends to stop n enjoy... Haiyo....

Pink,

my boy also sleeps alot! He slept with me at about 8pm n I'm already awake but he still sleeping! Think he's like me sleep alot.

Anyway, i find that whenever I latch my boy, I'll get sleepy too so most of d time I'm laying down to latch. N for d midnight feeds, I'll latch baby n then both of us zz together.

Seems like most mummies pump n feed n noice that ur babies appetite is big! I tried bottle feed my boy n he only drank 40ml.I hope he drank more when latching.....

Btw juz curious, if we pump 1st before latching baby, d milk that is left in d breast, is it foremilk or hindmilk?

Piggy.. Den in that case, I continue using those glass bottles. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry.. If I really tbf, I would hv to sit on my bed the whole day. Though jus now he suckle v well for abt 15min on each breast, appears to b satisifed but ard 30min later, he cried for milk again.. So if ss enough, he won't ask for milk so fast right?

Pink.. My boy oso slp alot but noticed recently weather too hot so afternoon he will get a bit cranky, wan pple to carry him when he too hot & lie on his bed in living rm... So Wat I did bring him into my air con rm & slp.. He zzz beta until dun wan to wakie.. lols.. So is common for them to slp more.. Jus enjoy the quiet moment ba b4 it becomes time u will complain nt enough rest.. 

Tweety.. Den u beta dun bath cos bath Le, no smelly smelly mummy liao :p ya, jus now saw his satisfied look, I oso satisfied but ard 30min later, he ask for milk again cos my supply not enough for him.. So onli satisfied for that moment.. 

Sandy.. Ur supply gd leh.. My supply soso onli. Was wondering lo, no matter I pump every 3hrs or 5hrs apart, my supply remain 60ml. So strange lo.. Thought

Longer hrs no pump, the supply will increase but mine is not.. Haizz.. Anyway, guess ur boy too anxious to drink ur milk so drink too fast until choke ba.. 

Sandy & hippo..my boy oso ah. The moment I try to remove my nipple from his mouth, he suckle v fast & tight on it so if forcefully remove, v painful lo.. 

Any mummies tried pigeon nipple cream? I got a free bottle but no try b4.. Medela one v sticky & I oso dun like.. lansinoh beta? Where to get it? 

Hippo.. Can I hv the ML number? I wan to try..

Btw, is her Massage pain? How ur strength when she press? Cos Mdm Emma v gentle with the breast though she say is painful but I felt relax leh. No pain at all lo.. Btw, Wat oil she use to massage?

Mrs. Chua,

She din use oil... Bare hand & 2 towel with hot stone, tat's all...

Pm-Ed u~~~

Needle poke? U press got any lump? Could b block duct... My pain also like that...

morning mummies

mrs Chua

tat needle poking feeling is blocked duct loh, u better get tat msg hope can help u in milk flow. I suspect u got blocked lah if not won't always stuck at 60ml de

last time I got tat pain too then I call LC they told me its blocked duct ask me go bk TMC they help me clear but I nvr go I kp pumping clear myself

Back