(2011/01) Jan 2011

Thanks chabby, but my hubby sleeps like a pig at night, can forget abt asking him.

Guess my baby's tummy is v small, he drinks v little each time, latching or EBM is the same, that's why he wakes up for milk so often. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Moms I called poly general line n they told me they have 6 in1 oredi n cost 360 including dr consultation! Dose given at 3,4,5,15n18 months. It is so near to my home n can save on taxi bills also! May be I Shuld go for n cancel my hospital appointment for her! Any idea what they check on 6 week visit for baby n mom? Can I skip both? If vaccination can be done at poly!

Chabby: I do BF.. now the prob is my girl will want me to carry and when my in laws she dun wan and cry even louder.... then when i take over i just call her name she quiet down immediately... now I m worried i m not able to switch her to bottle feeds so easily.

chelleybaby,

weekdays:

u can try letting hubby feed at evening (when he is back from work) till he goes to bed.

then you taker over from there. at least this will free u from 2 feeds? will give u a chance of 4hr nap.

weekend: let hubby/ILs do most of the day time feed while you rest. take over the nite feed.

plausible?

sherill,

i was told to ask the nurses at the polyclinic when i go for the 1st month jab. the lady over the line wasn't able to answer me on that when they register me over the phone.

mitch,

u may wan to alternate between bottle and breast. i dun have much BM. i only have enuf for his 1 feed every 5hrs. so 1 feed FM, the next feed BM.

you shld ask kimmy abt this. i remember kimmy mention about her giving her khloe 1 bottle feed of EBM per day to prevent her baby from refusing the bottle.

Bm supply n mood,

ytd was my bb full mth celebration n I went out by myself in themorning to run errands, go back office for a while n had a hair wash too. When I got home n pumped my output nearly doubled! It is either that a macdonald's mcnugget meal can increase bm supply ( who needs fenugreek? Heh) or that shoppin can do the same trick. Or confinement limits bm supply. :p

Thanks chabby, guess hv to work something like u suggested else I'll be so so drained!

Mitch,

I started 1 bottle feed of EBM a day when baby was 1 week old. And I try not to be the one to bottle feed so baby won't get mixed signals, this way he can bond with daddy or ILs too. So far so good.

Luckymummy,

happy for u that your supply has gone up! Happy mood = more BM!! Congrats on baby's one mth!!

Chercat,

Dun be too upset, I went thro the same thing with my #1.

Every time my CL or my mil carry her she would settle down but she would cry more when I carried her.

Not to say u r carrying her wrongly but bbs can sense when they're carried by 'new hands'. Subconsciously u may be tensed up or not relaxed enough n in turn bb can feel it. My mother always told me bb can sense our mood. The more frustrated u r the more frustrated they'll get too. Try to carry n cuddle yr bb more when she's not fussing to bond with her. Slowly u'll learn how to soothe her too.

Btw, bbs dun hv full control of their arm movements at the moment, so unlikely she's using her hands to push u away.

Chin up, happy mummy = happy bb

Hey mummies,

I just rem tat my Hubby yet to apply for the baby bonus thing!! Is this the CDA acct?

Can I do it after my confinement? Where shd I do it? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks

Gingersnap, baby 10days old can give 100ml BM?? My bb is now 11 days old n im only giving her 60ml BM or formula for each feed. Is it too little? But it can last her for 2-3hrs.

chelleybaby,

u need to pump out some milk before latching cos of fast flow? usually that means u hv oversupply. so how long do u need to latch yr bb? i hv oversupply too and my bb only latches for 10mins and can last her 2 hrs. so by the time i burp, change diaper, put her down i still get 1-1.5hrs of sleep. i dun pump to reduce the flow.

maybe u want to read this article for more info on how to handle the oversupply issue so u can hv more time for sleep.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

Luckymummy - wow, really good news for you yah...hopefully I will have the same good news when I am released from confinement....so how much did you managed to pump? And was the increase sustained?

Grumpus,

thanks for the article link!! I find it so useful!! My baby latches for only 5-7mins each time and pulls away v often choking on the milk, exactly like what the article described. Gonna try the ways suggested to reduce the milk supply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chelleybaby,

U r welcome. I used the techniques to regulate my supply too. So far now my left breast is adjusted. My right breast still a bit oversupply, my bb still gulps milk when latched on the right.

Do be prepared to 'suffer' a bit though. I had painful engorgement, had to use cold compress to relieve the pain, hand express to relieve the fullness, leaky breasts etc....

Chelleybaby/kikapo

thanks was real happy but the doubling lasted that session. After that dropped somewhat but so far have maintained abt 20% increase at least. Rest is still impt I realized. I am leaking a bit more than previously, as in breast pads actually feel wet n I'll jump up in the middle of the night to pump so as not go waste. Hopefully this is a sign of increased flow as well.Diligent pumping n latching does work, slowly but surely. N do stuff u enjoy to relax. Let's jiayou!!

Bethel

I used eatz catering. Food was ok. But they were 1.5 hrs late!! They blamed it on the fri eve traffic. Hai. Quite a few of my guests had to leave b4 food arrived. So embarrassing!

Hi mummies,

Need some advice here... My bb is 25 days old today.. Ni have been running a fever since fri evening (hover ard 38.2 highest 38.6) is it still okay if I latch bb on? I get pathetic amount from pumps but I think she drinks enough from direct latching...Heng it's e weekend so hb can carry bb to me for latching n then help burp her n change her even at night...

Becos of e fever my head hurts, my breast also hurts even my csec wound have pinching pain... Fcos my muscles n back all sore as well...

Should I go back to gynae to check e wound or jus go to GP? I m not sure till when I should reach out to gynae...not as straight forward as being pregger...

Hi mummies who have help your baby full month party,

May I know if you mummy held the party on the exact date or can be earlier/ later?

For those who buy the bangawan solo cake vouchers, do u distribute to friends on the day itself or can be later date? Paiser for asking silly questions :p

nimkulut,

I'm not totally sure but you may have mastitis...symptoms also include fever...shd go see a GP or PD who can advise u on what to do. If your GP also sees babies shd be able to diagnose u.

puix,

i held it earlier than 28days on the nearest weekend/convenient time.

Nimkulut ! If you r only taking panadol it Shuld be ok to latch bb! You can go to see GP near to your home as it is not the job of gynae to treat fever! However for pain in wound u can talk to gynae. Get well soon!

Luckymummy, thanks for the recomm but 1.5hrs late is absolutely not acceptable. U shud not pay them at all!

Any other caterer recomm?

Otherwise i've to go wif neo garden.

sherill,

sorry for not getting back on the 6in1 vacin. was busy with baby yesterday.

chabby,

ya, i pay using CDA account. need to register and activate b4 we make payment at polyclinic, so dun blur blur go Q at the payment counter b4 activate the CDA card :)

challey,

ya, im on full breastfeeding. my baby last time also sleep at most 2hours then will cry for milk when i latching. im training my baby to sleep longer time at nite & 3 hours interval during day time, so i stop latching & do bottle feed now. i gave her 3oz each feed, last feed at nite is 10plus, then she always dun wan to sleep, either get used to it or got spoil by my hubby, must carry her to sleep, otherwise she will make noise. by the time we pat her to sleep is btween 12-1am. then she will sleep through, yesternite sleep till 5am this morning. the feeding timing now is not gd, should catch the 3, 6, 9,12 timing, mine now is 1 hour late. gotto slowly change back. will try to feed her milk tonite at 12am, hopefully she will sleep till 7am like the day b4.

mitch,

ur baby used to your smell & everything. try to carry her in diff way, left, right and even front.. u have to try change now, otherwise, u & baby will suffer next time, even ur in-law. last time i let my MIL to bottle feed my baby when i introduce bottle to my baby. first thing i concern is make sure she dun reject my nipple after bottle feed cos still doing latching, and also easier to settle next time when bring her out for a short period, if hungry can latch immediately..so instant :).so far so gd.

Now go into training stage lor..no more latching unless we go out. It's very gd for us if we got BM, less hassle to bring extra stuffs when go shopping.

esther,

congrats!! rest well...

luckymummy,

ya, rest is very important..i dun get enuf rest, supply went down. now pump regular (every 3 hours) to maintain.. only 5-6 oz every pump.

mummies,

if you wan to BF for long, u need to pump out the balance after latch. I din do tat last time due to lazy, BM reduced. Now gotto work hard and pump every 3 hours without fail. At most I drag for another half an hour- 1hour, then will pump and store.

Hi mummies finish my first mth celeb ytd all done!! Now getting ready for Cny! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bethel I use four season catering not bad portion alot on time and all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies & MTBs,

Anyone interested in getting a neck float for your baby?

Comes in 3 designs:

Winnie the Pooh

Disney Princess

Thomas and Friends

Will order only if MOQ is met.

Each at $16, kindly PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5072652.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5072653.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5072654.jpg]

nimkulut

read that you can latch. wear a mask though to prevent spreading the virus to baby.

puix

the norm is to do it earlier and will make it conincide with weekend. you can give it to them on the day itself. but i'm not throwing a party. so will give the voucher as a return gift to those who send presnts so far.

kimmy

will go activate the CDA card soon. haven't settle my stemcord giro yet. ..aiyoh.. slow me.

kimmy,

it's not true that if u want to BF for long u must pump out the balance after latching. u only need to pump out after latching if u want to hv excess to store in the freezer.

otherwise, you can BF for a very very long time by just 100% latching. in fact for even longer time than with pumping.

in your case, u hv more BM than what yr bb needs, so of cos if u only latch yr supply will gradually reduce to match that of bbs demand. but if bbs demand increases, yr BM will also increase cos bb will suckle more and yr breast will produce more. there is nothing to be concerned abt.

yr bb takes 3oz every 3 hrs, but u r pumping 5-6oz every 3hrs. obviously u r producing more than yr bb needs. again there is no need to unless u want to hv a huge freezer store.

Puix

I am having my bb's first mth celebration earlier too. Doing on 6 Feb (Sunday). My gal was born on 11th Jan. Parents-in-law wanted to have celebration as its the first grandchild in the family and relatives side. Sigh. So troublesome lor. Also, there is a surcharge of $2 per head. Hubby and I catered for 40pax, cost us around $640. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Excluding cakes + vouchers

Bethel

I will be using Elsie's Kitchen. I used them before for my church wedding reception. Food wise not bad. As my gal's first mth celebration falls during the CNY period. I don't have much choice for the buffet cos alot of them are either closed or fully booked.

Hi ladies can ask you something how to clear blocked ducts me having blocked ducts no matter hw i pump the bm not cuming out supply oso keep decreasing n get engorgement any advise?

Hi mummies, i juz had baby full mth celebration for my boy today. V tiring for me n baby...my boy din sleep well n was qt cranky cos v noisy. Now he's finally snoozing 

I ordered buffet from ecreative. Ordered for 80 pax n they gave me 2 sets of buffet, end up hav to throw away qt abit of e food. But overall i find e food not bad. Tgey also hav cakes for full mth but i din order cos not giving out cakes.

My boy's full mth is actually 6 feb but my mum say cannot hav full mth celebration after cny so we decided to do it 1 week earlier.

I'm still hav 1 more week of confinement but today is considered a "holiday" cos i get to eat buffet 

Hi sweetie, did you massage or hot compress your breasts prior to pumping? It is essential that you do that, and try to pump every 3-4 hrs in order to reduce the hardening. If it continues, better to see your Gynae.

Hi ladies, back in the forum after so long.... Will have a hard time catching up. So much has happened since my delivery really wonder when and where to start.... Anyone having inlaws over or doing confinement alone? How do you cope?

Sweety: It is IMPT! Go see a lactation consultant asap...

I had fever on off since fri (38.3-6) I also had engorgement n some blocked ducts since I started bf...

Today my bb full moon celebration (earlier by 5 days) so tiring n we feed bb expressed milk all day... Cos it's antisocial to bring bb into a room n feed for an hour... -_- I also had so much entertaining to do that I din manually express out the milk till last of my frens left e house...

My fever came up to 39.4 n my breasts was hard n sore n painful. Even breathing in n out hurts!

I had to go to A&E to get my breast checked n antibodies.... Heng I keep expressing n feeding My gal.. So my breast infection was not too extensive...

Dun play play... Get it checked early

Kimmy,

Just wanna check hw you ensure that baby will nt lose interest in direct breastfeeding since you bottle feed all the time now? I'm wanna try that too but I'm worried when we go out, he will reject the breast and it's too troublesome to bring all the bottles and warmer out..

Hi all,

I have this pain on one part of my left breast, the pain feels like when we kena a bruise i.e. blue black. Just started yday... anyone know what this could be due to? Does not affect my milk ss when i pump tho, just quite painful. Was wondering if i massage my breast too hard and accidentally bruised it....

Hi ladies..

Me just did full month yesterday.. Only did prayers and bring baby to my parents' place.. Didn't have any celebrations though.. Today my "last day" of confinement!! Happy.. Can shower using tap water after so long! No more drinking of the red dates tea! Yeah! Thinking of getting hubby to help me buy some soft drink for me tonight as a reward.. Lol..

After CL left, my mil has been taking care of baby.. But soon, night feeds will be my duty le.. Omg.. Sleepless nights start.. Only worried I cant hear baby crying! These few weeks, I set alarm to wake my hubby up I also can't hear!

Just to check, how different is the supply for left and right side when expressing? Mine can differ about 20 to 30ml on bad days.. Getting lesser from left side until I feel my breasts look quite uneven in size.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] any idea how to prevent such great difference in supply? Or at least to reduce the difference..

Hi to all moms,

Sorry for the interruption. Any of the mom here using Moo Moo Kaw Baby cloth Diaper? Want to have some opinion before buying. Thanks.

Thank u mummies for ur concerns.. On course of antibiotics now... Hopefully fever can be controlled... Cos I still want to bf my bb...

Mummies planning full month celebration...

One thing to note... Make sure u are well rested e day before e full month celebration... Cos my little gal was so over stimulated during e day.. Many ppl carried her.. That she could not sleep at night.. Whole night cranky n cry when we put her down... Cos I was running a fever so hb has to keep carrying n soothing e little princess Till wee hours of the day! (usually she fall asleep easily in e pram after feeding).. It's only until she fell asleep(deep sleep) that it's okay to put her down...

grumpus,

true hor..haha..i keep expressing my milk and feed baby with those that I store in early Jan. We cant latch for long also, when they grow teeth and when we go back to work, we need to switch to bottle feed. Now I got quite a lot of EBM in the freezer, baby started to ask for more, and I have increased another 0.5oz, now feeding her 100ml, my MIL said she seems not enuf, so next feed will increase to 4oz. My cousin baby is drinking 5oz at 2months old. Soon my EBM will burn fast cos sometime I can only pump 4.5oz.

Nimkulut,

Rest well and wish you recover soon.

Ya, my baby also the same. many ppl carry her on her full month party and she sleep so shiock, nite time seems cranky. I brough her out one of the day after full month, we went out for long, and she din really sleep even after I latch her. nite time super cranky, looks like over-tired till cant sleep. so poor thing...

challeybaby,

I latch my baby and see if she reject, and so far so gd, she will still drink direct. You dun change 100%, you can switch btween bottle and latching. now I fully bottle feed, she dun really fall sleep every meal, may be u can test by latching after an hour feed by bottle and see if she reject or not lor. Now my in-law feeding her, later i can try if she din sleep cos I din latch her for long.Last latching is on the 25th Jan. So far so gd leh..

PInky,

yeah...congrats!!! shower from water tap is raelly convenience and shiock..haha

My left breast also lesser milk, 1oz different. also can tell the size is diff lor, but many ppl was telling me that it's normal. what to do..haiz

kimmy,

u dun hv to give up latching completely when u go back to work. u can latch in the morning and the night feeds. during the day then u pump for bottle feeding.

that way u can keep yr supply up as well.

5oz at 2 mths old is alot. make sure it's not overfeeding. actually regarding feeding ebm, there are 2 schools of thought.

some believe that bb has to drink more and more as they get bigger, like drinking FM. but some say that the consistency of BM will change as bb gets older and hence they drink roughly the same amt until 6 mths old.

my elder girl drank 3.5oz every feed until she was abt 8mths old.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

grumpus,

dunno leh...i i latch her, she can't sleep long hour. now nite sleep is abt 5hours or more...actually gd to feed at nite time, faster n easier, save the pumping session also..but if i gotto wake up 3 times to feed at nite, and work in day time. i might not be able to cope well..i increased the amount cos she seems not enuf n cry for milk ealier, last time is 3hours, now is 2.5hours..dunno issit rainy day leh...my MIL ask me to give 4oz for next feed. how to see if over feed?

Thanks for the caterer recommendations!

Think we've decided to go with Eatz catering cos they have the baby full month menu during this CNY period.

All other caterers only serve CNY menus.

luckymummy, did u order the baby full month menu from eatz? Or u ordered the normal buffet menu?

How's the food quality?

Hi Grumpus,

u managed to use the method taught to regulate your flow?

my bb is almost gulping and fighting during 4 out of 5 feeds. Just started to drain out my left breast as I keep latching her on it as it is the higher volume breast.

But the other one, I'm very tempted to pump out.. can I?

Anyway, the right side is the lower volume breast.

Hi Jan 2011 Mummies

I am due to deliver mid this year but am sourcing for a massage lady now. Was recommended Mdm Suria (relative of Mdm Ida who is fully booked). Anyone used her before and is she good? Thought it might be most relevant to seek advice here since most of u would have had your postnatal massage by now. Thanks!

hi

anyone looking for a playpen, got it as a gift but i bought mine already.

Brand new, still in original wrapping, unopened.

Far east flora selling at $139, letting it go at $120

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5075261.jpg]

interested please PM me

Thanks

Hi all, today is the last day of Jan. So thinking of posting the table. Not sure if I managed to update all of the details.

Back