(2011/01) Jan 2011

gwendolyn26

Hi to all Mummies,

Im opening this thread to mummies who's EDD is in January 2011. I remember when i was expecting my first child this thread helped me alot and hope that it will be a great place to exchange notes with other mummies...

Cheers.

Hi gwendolyn

thanks for opening this thread.

Happy to join this thread.. I have tested positive 2 days ago.. this is my No. 2 and I have yet to see gynae.

Are you expecting now too?

Thanks

Min

Hi Min,

I tested 2 days ago too... and its my 2nd as well. My first is 19 months now.. Will you be seing your previous gynae ? Im still considering if i should go back to my previous one or try someone new.

As per calculation my EDD will be 11/1/11, wat about yours?

hi gwendolyn

I was previouly from MTB Aug 2008.. good to be here again!

I tested with home preg kit on Sunday night.. showed a faint dbl line so went to my office GP yesterday morning and also showed positive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My first girl is 20 months now.. so abt the same. Hmm, all along i had this dilemna even before i was preg if i will see my previous gynae. yday i called to make appointment with her as my DH is comfortable with her. But now I have decided to switch gynae. how abt u?

my EDD is 8 Jan 2011.

Cant believe that Im the first (not considering you r the one who open this thread) to update on this thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Honestly still considering, my last gynae was Caroline Khoo from Thomson Medical. She is good and i have no harm going back to her. My friend recommended another gynae in kembangan plaza but the delivery has to be in East Shore and thats something i need to consider.

Soon there will be more mummies in here and it will surely get interesting as time goes by.

Ic. My last gynae is Caroline Khi from TMC.. not the same right? is your gynae's clinic at TMC itself cos I don't think i saw her name before..

hi mummies.. need help.. if i'm tested positive on the pregancy kit. do i go to any normal clinic to verify then they will transfer me to a gynae? or i must find myself... sorry my 1st time. totally lost...

So we see the same gynae and maybe 'bump' into each other during check-ups but din know.. what a coincidence.

Hi im new here and congrats to all MTB due in Jan 2011! My period is due today... but so far, no sign yet. this 2 weeks wait is really agonizing coz like waiting for an unknown answer. Just wondering wat are the symptons before you know whether you are pregnant or not? Is there any other symptom other than missing of period?

Hi Trevi,

You actually have 2 options.

Option 1 :

Go to a Poly and the do the test and if positive they will refer you to KK.

Option 2 :

If you know of any Gynae, you can make an appt and go directly.

How many times did you test using the home pregnancy kit? I actually did it 2x to ensure that the results are correct.

2weekswait,

Actually you can do a home test as early as the date your period is due. Different individuals have diff symptoms. As for me, i just feel extremely tired at all times, but no other signs such as nausea, dizzyness and etc.

Hi gwen

thnx for creating this thread. My Edd is 1 Jan 2011.

Gng for a scan this thur at tmc wif dr Tc chang. So far onli giddy and hunger pangs. No nausea yet. Touch wood.

Hope there are more mtbs joining ur inthis thread here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi sparkle

Is this ur first bb?

I'm sure there will be more MTBs here soon...

I've nt made my appt yet with e docs coz I'm still considering which gynae to see

Hi gwen yeapz this is my first bb after trying for 2 year+.

Hope will b a smooth pregnancy. How many weeks r u at now?

Do u intend to go pte or govt hospital?

Congrats all MTBs!!!

sparkle bee - wow 1 Jan.. new yr bb wor... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

took another test strip last night. confirm postive again.

Really lucky to be pregnant but also quite sudden so i'm not ready yet so i really have a lot of question mark in mind now.

hope mummies here can help me. i will be going to a GP / Gynae to confirm..

so what's next for me? Any website can teach me what to do next? i see ppl saying signing up packages... Private hosp: like Thomson, Mt E, Mt A.. so which is better? and when to do all these? lost...

btw, why do i feel a bit cramping at my abdomimal there.. is it normal? been for few days... worried..

Good Morning Mummies...

Sparkle i should be about 5 weeks now.

I would most likely go to private same as my first one.

Min...its usually not on EDD... ususally +-2 weeks wor...

how i wish 1 Jan 2011 haha..

Trevitrevi, the cramps and twitches ard ab area is normal... so don't worry too much unless its INTENSE pain... For packages.. think in ur 2nd Tri or what then can sign up... i m not till that stage to think of packages yet.. =)

Yes.. u may wish to go GP or gyne (if u already have one) to confirm ur preg. but usually the strip are v v accurate and gyne will only see u when u are week 5 onwards.cos even if u V scan now (less than 4 weeks) it is super tiny and only a sac...they can't see much at the moment, dependingon ur LMP.

hi ladies..

i tested positive affew days ago too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just wana ask how you caculate your EDD??

hi ilovemiffy, u can go to babycenter website and key in ur LMP... then it will auto calculate ur EDD but based on 28 days cycles and u O on 14 days. It is jus an estimated date. =)

sparkle

agree.. my 1st one was delivered 6 days earlier than my EDD..

I saw from one of the thread here in calculating EDD, which i think its accurate cos I tried mine and it comes to the same date as what babycenter and GP says

Date : add 7 to your LMP

Month : Subtract 3 from the month of LMP

sparklebee, thanks for ur reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].. at first i tot the cramps was for my menses.. lasted for few days and still didnt come so i decide to test..

now and then i still feel it.. been searching the web i don't see having cramps and stitches for symptoms so was worried.. now i feel more relax..

u have 1st bb but seem so experience. keke..

gwen, if ur EDD is 11 Jan 2011 and in ur 5th week now.. i may be around 6+ week liao.. yeah.. can't wait to see my gyne this thur. hope can see heart beat.

trevitrevi... me hang out at MTB 2010/Dec cos i also may be in tat category too.. haha

the gals shared infor and experience mah... which i m sure we are one of the few pioneers in this thread... =)

hi ladies

i jus tested positive...this will be my first time... still abit cannot believe it... waiting to see gynea to confirm... keke

btw how do we calculate how many weeks we are in?

thks

hi mommies and mom to be

I Just came back from GP, POSITIVE!!

i did a home with the test kit x2 all +ve..

waiting for hubby to come home to see a gynae.. is it true that we cant tell any one until the bb is at least 3months?

Congrats Elly

Me same situation as you..let's help each other along the way ya..

the hearsays was 1st 3 mths bb still not stable and sometimes bb will get petty...so better announce to everyone after 3rd mth..but i think for parents shld be ok ba..i break the news to my parents after my gynea appt..

same here sunnybb and elly... me also 1st time.. oredi posted many many doubts and qs above also.. haha...

what's next for us? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi,

thanks, i used the bb center caculator and it shows 3rd feb 2011..

or can someone help me to caculate?? :p my LMP is 30th April.. :D

hi sparkle,

thanks! i tried again.. its 3rd feb.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, this will be my 2nd pregnancy :D my first is already 4yrs old! so its kind of like a first to me again..

thanks sunny!! at least with each other support over here we can clear doubts and all the queries. my hubby is always not in town tt makes things even tougher!

i gathered by discussing over here is not considered as telling right? hee (;

my mom has been telling me, no alcohol, no caffeine, no raw stuff from now on?! is it true???

I wont get to see my gynae till next week! just wanna play safe!

ilovemiffy... ur last menses start on 30 Apr and today is the 5th May .. so today is 6th day of your cycle. how can it be?

i think u have to get the clearblue digital test tat indicate how many weeks you are preg. It is quite accurate. and of cos also to get gyne's cfm. =)

ilovemiffy,

When was the first day of your last period? it should be in March. As sparkle mentioned today is only the 5th of May...

Hi Elly & sunnyb,

Congrats to you, Although this is my second it a whole new thing. I still remember my first pregnancy it was like a breeze. No morning sickness, no cravings, no diziness and the list goes on... But this pregnancy has given me the works at the early stage, especially the tiredness. I hope i dont go through this all the way.

hi trevitrevi, next up will be the 1st gynea and hopefully we can see smthg in the ultrasound..

Elly, think shld be ok la..me too will eliminate all alcohol n avoid cold drinks (weather's hot difficult to eliminate)..i m not sure what food shld avoid but i believe we shld eat in moderation in order to get enough nutrients..

thanks Gwendolyn, ya my body also easily exhausted nowadays n body aching all over esp the shoulders..cross fingers..hope all will turn out fine...

Sunnybb,

My mum is telling me to take a bottle of Brands essence of Chicken daily for the strength. Im not sure if it will work.

hi all..

tested positive at GP.. kinda surprised cos had a false alarm 2 mth ago.. can anyone advise what i should do next? i'm a first time mom..

Gwen, bottled chix essence not so good cos hot

preservities. If u hv time , brew chicken tonic. Pure and yummy. It's good for building sac. Apparently the gals say got one gal took on weekly basis and when it's time to deliver her waterbag never burst.

Hi all mummies,

My menses would be due on Friday...is it too early if I test on Sat?

Been having funny symptoms since yesterday...was burping (stomach bloated) all day since evening & can't even sleep at nite. It's been quite a while since I have bloatedness. No appetite to eat, back pain & on off stomach cramps. I can also felt that my body temperature is high these few days.

Yet again, over the past 2 months, I'd been so paranoid before my menses due date, & all turn out to be false alarm. Hubby told me to wait till a week to test if my menses is late. But he's off to business trip next Monday morning & I would like to show the test result to him personally rather than telling him the good news (if it's positive) over the phone.

Any tots?

Back