(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

juz finished my lunch...had mac! very satisfied now
happy.gif

ashley,i never heard tha c sec can ask gynae to remove lochia one leh? really eh...first time i heard of tha...

ayukie, think in nov, if dun bath then not so cham as the weather's cooler mah :p ya la, u better go negiotate with them on whether to bathe or not to bathe! for the herbs, u can get "da feng ai" frm the medical stores...think most stores will sell ba...

dingdong, gynae will only "appear" last min to deliver the bb...before tha the midwives and nurses will attend to u lor...

saintbaby, yeah...i saw the pureen maternity pads ard but tha time only bought kotex...i think its cheaper than kotex rite?

sporty - i dun care i die also want bath .. tat day i ended up crying in the end my hubby then agree let me bath .. i felt so upset when i cant bath .. no bath i told him i rather not give birth le ..
hmz the herbs are in powder form hor? so we can just pour into the boiled water?
The boiled water boil liaoz we just pour to plastic pail and wait for it to cool before we bath ?

funne, great tha u confirm name la...i'm still cracking my head esp for chinese name...

ayukie, actually i dunno the herbs are in powder form or what leh cuz tha time i didnt use...my mum cooked lemongrass n ginger water for me to bathe on the days tha i can bathe la...rest of the days, i juz wiped myself twice a day with hot water... yes, have to wait for the water to cool down first before we bathe if not we scald ourselves ah! haha

hee.. coz my son and bb don't have christian name, so we just need to think about 2 more words to make up the name.. :p

last time the malay massage lady told me us lemongrass and ginger to bath is better than those ready packed herbs.
for my first pregnancy, i think my mil buy those ready pack herbs one, boil liao let me bath.

funne, my mum used the ginger skin from the ginger tha she used to cook confinement food to boil water for my bath, not bad leh! hehe ... no wonder u so fast decided on the name...for me, think christian name more or less decided le, now its cheena name...

saintbaby, then abt same px ba...i think got one more brand is madame butterfly or something

funne - must boil the herbs ar? they not in powder form ar?
i thought get a BIG electric pot boil the water then dump the water into a plastic pail then pour the herbal powder in as well then after confinement can recycle the BIg elctric pot maybe i will give to my mum ..

sporty - i use the little dreamers body wash and shampoo + the herbal water i think can bath hor? cause the shampoo and body wash supposedly made of lemoongrass and ginger .. i intend to erm bath daily but maybe wash my hair fully twice a week ..

ayukie, tha time i bathed , i used normal shower gel n shampoo, juz tha i rinsed with the herbal water lor... jeremy is a normal boy's name...where got sissy!!

i think we left the kids to decide their christian name next time bah..
but my son is Yang (阳), then on the way to deliver, hb got a stranger call asked is RAY arrived?? haaa..

I've decided to email the URL that Jane shared with us to my father in law...hhahahaah...let him crack his head instead...hehehe

fyi, can buy the herbs for bathing at Hock hwa. They sell pre-pack one and is $1.50/pkt. Just boil until the fragrance smell comes out

Funne, wow, what are the chances man?! Yang is a very nice name....if I have a son next time, I am considering having a Yang in his Chinese name.

funne, haha...maybe RAY will be ur son's future's christian name...hehe

ashley, very wise of u to forward ur FIL tha link...i read for 5 mins and cannot understand...hehe

backie from lunch too.. now abt to doze off.. zzz

sporty / funne,
My confinement lady also boiled lemongrass and ginger for me to bathe.. she insisted on NOT using the pre-packed herbal ones.. not sure why la.. but i can really feel the HEAT after i bathe.. really can expel 'wind' i guess?

Ayukie,
Jeremy don't sound sissy at all leh.. anyway its your son, if you really like this name, then heck care your in laws! :p

hihi!
enjoying my 2nd day of MC at home.. :p first time gastric pain n it last so long.. till now still can feel abit.. :p hubby is wondering if it's muscle strain or gastric pain.. hahaha.... :p

for bathing, last time i bought da feng ai.. this time will be doing the same bah.. need to borrow the super big pot fr my MIL to boil water.. else dunnoe need to boil how many rounds using my small pot.. hahaha.. :p

for baby's name, i thought of a few.. but will be consulting hubby's fren (a geomancer) for his opinion since #1 was named by him..
happy.gif

sporty,
yaya.. tt's the one.. my gf bought for me during her checkup coz my delivery is at NUH.. :p this time, planning to go buy again.. :p i think tt time i bought it at $4 a piece..

personally i also think we as parent have right to decide the name of our kids.
unless you have jia pu家谱 tt kind of thing need to follow la..

sponge, i also zzzz mode...very sleepy leh!! yes after bathing with tha ginger water, i started to persipire again, bathe like never bathe like tha!

shihui, 4 bucks a piece sounds very good! maybe i go get it when i go TMC...

oh ya...spring maternity got sale outside the space in front of their shop at their suntec outlet, saw tha they have 10 bucks/20 bucks/25 bucks items...

The Zzz-monsters are here again..
And it's only Tuesday!!!
sad.gif

Can time pass faster...?

Sporty & Superwalker, our lunch date tmr still on hor?

We're going to name our boy, Ryan. My mum keep saying 'Lion'.. which is not a bad thing, cos lion is brave! Just like lion king
happy.gif

just now lion dance so loud> i was wondering got scare my bb anot. lucky he got kick back when i pat my tummy. *phew

dingdong> u jus don choose the words that got contradiction lah!

Ayukie> Jeremy not sissy lah. My husband's name is Jeremy. But Yeo = Yang, according to the site, Yang not good as surname for bbs born in year of cow.

Sponge> PICS PICS PICS!

Confinement bath> my mom said will get herbs for me , i also dunno what to do eh.

Funne> Ray is Jocelyn Han's husband's name. wahahahah

Jocelyn Han> I know alot of pple who named their kids Ryan. u and ur husband like Ryan Giggs is it. lol

Haha, yeap jane, my hubby's name is Raymond.. Ray for short
happy.gif
You went Ion? My hubby is now there too...

Cos bb is a boy, so his name gotta start with 'R'.. If girl, then will be 'J' like me
happy.gif

I like Ryan Seacrest
happy.gif
He's so cute!

Jocelyn> Yup, i was there. ur husb work there? alot of pple lei..

Me no have differentiate bb's name between following mommy or daddy's initial cos my hus and i both our names start with J. Hahaha
happy.gif

Jane, my hubby surname is feng, also no good for bb and himself? hubby also born in cow yr.
anyway surname is fix, cannot change, hahaha.
but i use the website to cal my hubby name, quite good wow.. score 93 pts.
my name lagi better, 99pts hahaha..

jocelyn, ur naming theory is like mine! Boy must start with same alphabet as hubby's name and gal must start with same alphabet as my name! hehe

jane, what nice food u had today at Ion?

sporty> i only had cheese pork chop baked rice. bought 2 donuts back from Dunkin.

Jazz> yah, surname cannot change so all we can do is to give a good name
happy.gif
yah, share with us the site. what points?

Jane, my hubby's company is in-charge of most of the retail stores set-up there.. He's doing swaroski
happy.gif
Think he went there to hand-over..

Sporty, think nowadays alot of parents has the same idea as us, haha!

Jane, my hubby's company is in-charge of most of the retail stores set-up there.. He's doing swaroski
happy.gif
Think he went there to hand-over..

Sporty, think nowadays alot of parents has the same idea as us, haha!

jane, ur cheese pork chop baked rice sounds good liao lor :p

jocelyn, ya la...have to be fair mah...boy follows daddy, gal follow mummy! hehhe

it the same website jane gave. it on the right side of the panel. just enter your surname, first name, blood type & birthdate. they'll auto cal.

Juz got back frm my check up, at 25 wks, my bb is already 808g (my fave number) ... *fainted* like abit big??? But gynae says its ok so shld be ok rite?

Anyway my mil juz gimme one of her weird pantang theory that she say hear from the elders, she say I muz stop taking tonics after 4 mths coz if not my bb will become not clever. But hor, in the first place, she called my hubby and said I shld start taking tonics when I was 16 weeks. Grrrr ... can she make up her mind?!?!?! Lidat means I whole pregnancy no need take tonics lor? Anyway got such superstitions meh???

jazz, orh...i saw the tabs liao...thks...wil try it later
happy.gif

momoko, ur bb's BIG! wah, ur mil really cannot make up her mind leh!!

shirley - i saw a medicated shop in chinatown selling the herbs 2 packets in a box for $4.80 .. i think hock hua better .. its in powder form hor ? Erm cannot boil the water and throw the packet in? must boil with the water ar ?

sporty - erm how much water do we need to bath normally ar? how many pots of water for bathing ar? 5 litre enulf pot enulf>

i also think so but dunno leh they say sissy
sad.gif

funne - no lah no jia pu to follow my son chinese name gg to b calculate by the geomancer who calculate my wedding date ..

sporty - hmz u think if i boil the water using a 5 litre eletric pot then after that pour into the red pail and throw the packet in .. u think enulf?

Hi ladies!!!!!

Wowww...the thread is really moving fast...can't catch up liao, hee :p

Btw, when is the taka sale huh? We haven't start shopping for our baby girl stuff yet, after chatting with our frens last nite...seem like we r really unprepare...kinda put me & hubby in a panic mood, time seem to be running out...help...

Jane,
Difficult to take pics leh..cos the bag is still seating sneakily at a corner in my house.. hub doesnt know i bought it.. yet! teeheehee.. he's going to nag if he knows!

Momoko,
Your baby is big! Mine at 24wks is only 674g.. even after eating all that durians also didn't help leh :p ... and about the tonics, no such theory la! You should ask your MIL when is the best time to take tonics? When bb is only 1 yr old perhaps? -_-"

Back