(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Sporty, the talk is still at SCGS lor, tt's y hubby no time go with me I oso lazy to go. No ahmad la, n I dun wan to drive in my current state, not esp when my hands and legs always suddenly cramp.

Dingdong, is there any talk on the storing of cordblood?? Wat does the doc tok abt actually?

The doc's talk covers delivery like when do you know you're about to give birth, different types of delivering (vaginal, assisted or non-assisted, c-sect), types of pain relief, episotomy, etc. These are covered briefly and are also covered in Mrs Wong's class.

The other doc talks about relationship with hubby, parents and parents-in-law. More like a tok-kok session.

momoko/ding dong, think the talk depends on what docs they managed to invite...mine was more abt bb's health/illness...cuz only got PDs who gave the talk...

momoko, ya la...juz go for the talk like what tanly said, since paid for it liao...i rem we took a cab there for our talk last time and it was raining cats and dogs tha time lor! all becuz we PAID liao :p

sporty,
yup.. the GP said the pill is safe..
happy.gif
but hor, like no use lidat leh...

reenie,
hmmm.. the yamaha programme sounds gd leh.. can train their ears..
happy.gif
plannning to send my boy there once he reach 3 years old.. which sch is your girl attending?

ayukie, momoko,
i already expecting tt scene in Harry Potter.. so i covered my eyes once Harry Potter start to scoop the water.. :p

funne, is the pain for awhile or persistent?

shihui, normally medication for preggy are mild kind...so maybe wun take effect so fast ba...

shihui - i also expected the scene yet hor when it happens hor i erm got a fright and jumped in my seat and then hor i think bb also got a fright when i did cause after that he went very still for very long time manz .. he was quite happy to see the movie before that .. and then i felt sooo guilty about scaring him cause hor earilier i just had a fall at the carpark which i got a fright and i think bb got a fright and erm my hubby also got a fright .. bleahz ..

Dingdong,
Drinking milk powder does helped in bb growth. I used to drink 1 to 2 glasses a day and my son was born with a good weight. But sad to say, I have not been doing so for my #2.
sad.gif

Ashley,
Not true lah. I am petite in size and my hubby and even our family are average. My #1 weighed 3.3kg during birth!

eh how many pcs of breast pads do we need ar?

i bought 4 packs of cotten (at least the label says) dispoable, washable (at least the label says so) maternity panties last weekend ..

STmama...my gynae told me usually small sized parents will have small to mid size babies...so I am hoping my baby don't get too big for me. As long as she is healthy, that's most important.

I am trying to start the habit of drinking milk leh...but everytime will be sick after drinking just half a cup of HL milk.

ayukie, i will buy 2 boxes of breast pads first...if u wanna bring to hospital, think dun need much la cuz maybe milk supply haven come in... actually the rate tha we "consume" breast pad is very scary esp if u bf and leak alot!

ashley, u wanna try other brands of fresh milk? magnolia or meiji?

sporty - i also think so but im thinkin for supply to last me for the confinement ..
im thinking of getting 4 boxes but at least 2 boxes .. cause i saw pigeon disposable bra pads hor is 36 + 6 pcs which is 42pcs but after divide to our 2 breasts hor is 21 times usage only ..
o yeah how may maternity pads should we prepare ar ?
i think my 4 packs of 5 pcs disposable maternity panties should be enulf to last me thru the bloody period bah ..

actually how long do we change the breast pads ar ? so when we sleep hor we also wear the nursing bra and the breast pads? if nt leak to the bed abit nt v nice hor ?

ayukie, u can use night pads instead of maternity pads when ur flow gets lesser...i rem tha time i gotten one pack of maternity pads and one more foc from hospital...then balance of the days, i used normal pads and night pads... ur disposable panties more than enough la...i only bought 2 packs of 5 nia...intend to wash them...kekek :p

i normally change the breast pads when they were soaked or after my shower...

Sporty, is the mensus after giving birth very heavy? I was thinking of doing away with the mertanity pad and use night pad throghout. Is it ok?

haha sporty - i get more in case i ended up nt washing any of them mah haha .. somemore it was supposedly on offer altho the price nt v cheap u.p 6.90 now 4.90 so get 1st lor .. likdat already 1 buck per pc wor after disc .. i also saw the woven kind that feels like paper it also says its washable bleahz .. but then hor that 1 still got alot in the shop the cotten kinds like more popular (cause not much packets left) hehe
hmz the salesgal told me better dun use night pads (especially the brand im usin now whisper) after my delivery cause wait discomfort "there" cause rough rough lah ..

tanly, actually it depends on individual...mine was heavier than my menses...and some came out as block clots (lumpy kind), thas why i used maternity pads as it can absorb more and also provide "cushion" for the stitches... anyways maternity pads have stick on kind, so dun buy the loop ones...

ayukie, ya la...thas why maternity pads can provide extra cushion mah...so not so pain down there

sporty - yeahlor so im thinking of getting the maternity pads suan ler .. anyway since my night pads hor i dun think i wanna risk the discomfort cause the brand im using the surface u know is not those cottonly surface kind .. i scare will nt b smooth enulf for "there" after delivery .. so eventually i will still end up buying new new pads as well haha ..

tanly, no prob...juz rem tha ur menses not here for 9 mths sure come back with a vengence! heheh :p

ayukie, i kno la cuz i use whisper also...not smooth kind one...if got extra, sell on WTS section lor...juz get one pack first la plus the hospital one then if not enough, then get ur hb to go and buy or u can buy when u go for gynae checkup after birth or PD checkup...

Ayukie, can try Sofy night pad. Their 38mm long one not bad. I have very sensitive skin down there so those netted one always give m rashes. But I use sofy it is ok.

sporty - ask hubby buy ar i dunno he will end up buy anot whahhaahaa so far he have stayed very clear of carrying my pads :p

o yeah sporty u ever heard of dry shampoo ?

ayukie, anyways we will have to "go out" during our confinement for gynae visit and PD visit...so can go buy la... dry shampoo ah? never used before la but i used confinement powder before for my hair, but not much of an effect leh...my hair still very oily!!

tanly - i use whisper cause i like dryer feelin but i hear hear hor after delivery better dun use my whisper "there" might not be comfy lor ..
hmz maybe i get 2 pack of the mothercare slim wings maternity pads and 1 pack of the sofy night pad bah ..
o yeah tanly .. the night pad wun have those wet wet feeling hor ? (i also dunno how to describe ..)

I just bought a can of powder shampoo 2 weeks ago. Not sure is it effective or not. May be I shall try out on weekend and see the outcome.

sporty - haha okiez .. maybe its the weather maybe this time will be better since we give birth end of year ..
i dunno i just read about the dry shampoo thing so wondering if i should get and erm from where ..
confinement powder is nt those herbal powder for bathing hor ?
o yeah in hosp we cannot bath ar ?
and hor .. do we wash our "there" with the herbal water when we bath? or can/should we use normal tap water to wash ?

tanly - great thx ... haha appreciate if you can tell me where u get the shampoo also or can i erm walk to any shampoo selling shop and ask for them ?

tanly, u so cute leh...still wanna "trial run" for powder shampoo..where did u buy it?

ayukie, yeah...i hope so la cuz my last confinement was in june...i almost died of heat! anyways my hair very oily de, so maybe not effective for me lor... nope, i bought the confinement powder from little dreamers... for down there, whenever u do big/small biz...u have to use the cleaning solution given by hospital to dab and clean...

Ayukie, I'm ok with Sofy. I don't feel that kind of wet wet feeling. But I think it is up to individual sensitivity bah...

ayukie,
may need quite alot of breast pads.. :p i think i change twice during breastfeeding... coz when latch on one side, the other side will leak during let down.. :p so in the end, the breastpad gets soaked really fast.. :p

as for maternity pad, i used sofy night pads with cottony surface... quite nice coz it's so long n can prevent back leak... the first day in hosp, i was using the hospital loop one.. quite mafan... got to tie.. :p and it keeps shifting position lidat.. the first time i get down bed n walk to the washroom, the flow was so heavy tt i dirtied the toilet floor with blood.. :p so no choice.. kept going to toilet to change the pad.. once i finish the hosp pads, i quickly use my own night pads with disposable panties liao... :p

btw, TMC pharmacy got sell a type of disposable mesh like panties which is very gd... it's like those ah ma panties lah.. but the support is very gd.. the maternity pad won't shift.. and it's washable too..
happy.gif

as for hubby, i gave hubby tutorials on pads few wks b4 i was due.. :p i made him go down the lane full of pads and told him wat i want.. n make sure tt he's not confused by all the different brands available.. :p

i used normal water to wash down there... oh ya... when juz give birth... peeing can be painful as it may sting the wound.. the nurse taught me to flush with warm water while peeing to reduce the urine concentration.. den it won't sting tt much..

tanly,
i bought klorane dry washing spray powder b4... the first few days were okie.. den the hair started getting more n more oily until i can't tahan... n the spray can't work very well liao.. :p in the end, i gave in to washing my hair with the herb water.. but my CL only let me wash my hair on sunny days....

I bought the spray type of powder shampoo for Guardian Pharmacy. It cost about $14+

I have yet to do the trial. The sales told me spray type is easier and less messy. Not sure how true.

tanly,
i think the spray shd work fine lah.. juz need to be hardworking n comb thru the hair thoroughly aft spraying.. oso, got to spray daily.. i think i got lazy tt time n spray every 2 days.. :p so end up with super oily hair and the spray powder is not effective liao... :p

I have oily scalp...think I better shampoo my hair during confinemnt cos if not, more hair will drop. Will talk to my mum about this tonight since she is doing my confinement.

momoko, ya lor as what the others say, just go lor cos paid liao.

STmama, i've not been consistent in drinking milk too. find that the mama's milk all taste too sweet. i've to make a big cup to dilute the taste and then ended up with bloated stomach.

for maternity pads, which brand is better? actually, i intend to just use the night pads but read some articles advising not to do so.

wah shihui, your hubby has to undergo 'training' ah. hehe. why not keep the packaging and ask him to bring along during purchase?

shihui, the ah ma panties tha u mentioned is very good...thas the one tha TMC wore for us after delivery rite? any idea how much does the TMC pharmacy sell them for? u so cute, still give ur hb tutorials to buy pads...hehe

ashley/dingdong, i used kotex stick on maternity pads tha time...not bad...think gonna buy this brand again...

ashley, i also have oily scalp...nowadays if never wash for one day already buay tahan...tha time i never washed for 5 days during confinement...i almost gone crazy...

dingdong,
No lah, Dr Ong dun charge for drawing blood. I was referring that his overall charges is high. Actually for my 1st child which was 3 yr ago, there was no "OT Fee" in the contract. Dunno why he want to charge that. Today found blood in my discharge, was so worried that it was due to my low placenta but luckily it was not. Went to see Dr Ong at night and he said I had an additional growth of flesh at the cervix which was inflammed thus the bleeding is from there. Have to take things easy for these few days. Dunno why this pregnancy so many problems. Haiz....
sad.gif

I only used 2 packets of maternity pad but i prefer normal night pads with wings as maternity pad got no wings. I used Kotex brand for both maternity and night pads.

sporty,
Yah loh dun understand why my gynae wants to charge "OT Fee".

Ayukie,
Actually is best to wash down there with warm water everytime you urine if you have stitches as it speeds up recovery. I also used healing bottom spray from little dreamers which is quite good. Powder shampoo doesn't really works for me. In the end I bathe and wash my hair almost everyday during confinement. I used normal bath gel and hair shampoo first then when going to finish my bath, i will wash again with little dreamers body bath and hair shampoo which is more warming.

Morning Mummies, Hooray! My little one is 595g now.

Btw have any of you begin to suffer from water retention? I realise that I can't put on my wedding band anymore. Sob... Sob... and my shoes are slightly tight now. Don't is water retention or I've put on too much weight...

morning all
happy.gif

tanly, water retention...me still ok, juz tha shoes feel abit tight but wedding band still can take out la...i plan to take out my wedding band when i grow bigger cuz in case next time cannot take out!! hee

Back