(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Dolly,
if given a choice, i would prefer to stick to the same nursing room and pump.. familiar place and easier for milk letdown, just like home sweet home... and some shopping malls are not that baby-friendly... i wish i could add in one more pump session like you..

bbjun and createjoy,
after each feed, she often hv reflux, even at home, sometimes soak the bib... aiyoh. we are mindful and do not burp her too long and also carry her upright for awhile, doesn't seem to help... and can u imagine after an hour's interval, she can still spits out milk unexpectedly.

serene22: tt's nice! i hope u guys dun mind tho, tt i'm actually may mtb bt i'm "infiltrating" ur thread. haha! cuz my girl born end may ma so tot maybe closer to some of ur bb's age.. =)

bbpotato: i bring my girl to the pd in je. esther yeo clinic u knw? gg for her 6 in 1 in the next 2 wks. maybe can meet up or something?

createjoy: u try the clinic i go to. esther yeo. cuz my girl taking 6 in 1 at 2,4 and 6 mths, her rota is also 4 and 6 mths. bt the clinic at my area went "HUH?!" when i told them i taking rota at her 6mths. they say cannot lei.. must take BEFORE 6 mths. so i said 1 day before is also considered before wat.. pretty sure tt 6mths exactly is still ok rite... anyway, esther yeo number is 6565-2822..

dolly, bbjun, i read tt dark rooms made the bb slpy, can help them to nod off easier.. =) when it's bedtime for my girl, i will bring her into my room and on only the nite light n feed her then she will auto "seh" face n slowly get drowsy.. =)

Createjoy, can trouble you to update mi if you guys are keen in having the xmas gathering over at my place, in case I miss out reading, thks dear!!
happy.gif

bbmarilyn: Yes, of course if can, pump at familiar place is good, so what pump are you using? And how you store your milk when you are out?

jaime the clinic there can use CDA to pay or nt? the clinic i called say after 6mth no use.. i find it strange...
bbjun, dont he wk up n look for it? jayden everytime wk up turn here n there till i put his pacifier then he stop moving suck n slp.. if i tk too lg he will start to cry

dolly, bbmarilyn, ion has great rooms to pump at. i usually bring snacks and drink and pump peacefully thr. =) hth!

createjoy, can use cda! hmm.. i read the brochure says aft if start at 20wks still can bt must be completed by 24wks.. y u try google web see if u can find any info? bus stop.. erm.. im nt sure lei.. i usually cab thr frm my plc cuz bringing my girl so ma fun to take public tpt.. u call them tmr n check w them? can ask abt the rota at the same time! =)

createjoy
I have friso 2, i think 900g, you want?

I also have mamil gold small tin, anyone want? I don't mind similac or Nan Ha but prefer enfa for exchange. hehe

my facebook a/c is [email protected]

Heinz sample
I requested from them and they gave me a sample of rice cereal and a sample of pear juice. Heard from some mummies that heinz rice cereal is currently out of stock in all supermarkets cos they are changing packaging?

bbjun
glad to hear that your boy is getting better.

December Gathering
6th mth cum xmas celebration

Venue: open for suggestion - 1 suggestion at clementi condo
date: 12 Dec 2009???
time: open for suggestion

1. ecmom + cayden
2. Createjoy + jayden + hb(mayb) bukit batok
3. bbaugustine + Augustine + hubby (maybe)
4. jling + jack sembawang

er any other dates eg 19 dec? might be going on a cruise around that time but not comfirm so just put my name down first..hehe

bbmarilyn
my boy still have reflux, but reflux happens in different situations, sometimes he is very excited and too active, sometimes too much wind in his stomach, sometimes too full..i'm not too concern abt it, as long as it is not affecting him.

jamie
sometimes i do participate in the may thread cos my boy was born on 28th may but edd was 4/6...hehe but main purpose is to know more firends and share informations right. =P

createjoy looking for mummies to exchange sample milk tin. i have requested mamil,simlac, nan, friso. wanna get friso the rest i wanna exchange.

Add-on list of venue suggestion & w we stay for reference.

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
2.Createjoy+jayden +hb(mayb) bt batok
3.bbaugustine+Augustine +hubby (maybe)

sorry jling i post before saw ur post. yeah i wan friso 2. we exchange at the gathering? i'll try to get enfa to exchange w u. hw cm u got friso 2 900g? it's not sample? then i need to find 2 tin sample tin to exchange w u.but mayb a enfa & another brand liao...

jling, yup i saw ur nick in may thread before! keke! actually my girl edd is 29th may bt borned 22nd may. still may. hahah! btw, hw do u gt heinz sample? u hv the contact?

re: similac step 2
i hv 4 tins 400gm bt old version. anyone intersted to take over or exchange can pm me ba! dun mind exchanging for enfapro!

forgot which nice mummy posted the below:

friso : http://www.friso.com.sg/
(their website is under construction so you will have to call them and ask for samples). alternatively, you can email them [email protected].

enfa : https://sg.meadjohnsonasia.com/main.cfm/country/Singapore
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

dumex : http://www.dumex.com.sg/
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

smilac : http://www.abbott.com.sg/family/freesamples/freesamples.asp

s-26 / promil : no website to get free samples from but you need to call them at Phone 65-6733-7666
and request for a free sample.

Nestle : www.nestlebaby.com.sg

Heinz : no website so need to call them at 63471700 for a free sample.

huggies : http://www.huggies.com.sg/

Goon : http://www.diapers.com.sg/help.php?section=freesample
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC)

Mamy Poko : http://www.mamypokoclub.com/frmMemberLogin.aspx?page_from=memdefaut
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC) - i tried they didnt send seems like based in msia
alternatively, you can call 6265 1648 for a sample.

fitti / petpet : 6861 9155

Drypantz / DrypersDiaper : 1800 466 3002

for pet pet/fitti => pls email to [email protected] to request

for wyeth =. jennifer @ 6830 2876 (very nice lady)

Dolly,
tks for ur encouragement, I will keep it up and continue pumping, no doubt it is inconvenient to bring the pump and parts along. I am currently using Medala Pump-in-style. I will put the EBM in the "Fridge-to-go" bag, can last till i go bk office or home.

jling,
reflux - yeah, she seems to have wind in her tummy and we often apply ru-yi oil. maybe that's why she doesn't take much, only 90ml every 3-hrly... will highlight to her PD again when she's going for her 5th month jab, and believe she will still say it is normal... guess we have to take one step at a time.

also, i am keen in getting the heinz sample, can i have the contact too??

i have a 900g of Friso Gold follow-on tin, anyone keen in exchange for Similac step 2?

jamie
i emailed to [email protected]. One mummy posted this email add before so i tried to email too and with a week, i got the samples.

createjoy
ok i will pass you the friso gold, maybe you can give me a reminder nearer to the date, my memory is failing me =( someone from friso called me and said they will send a sample so this is what i got, i think her name is karen but i don't have her number. Erm maybe enfa n similac? not sure whether my sis in law wants the similac or not. if don't have its ok.

bbmarilyn, i dun mind exchanging for friso follow on. whr do u stay? bt mine is 400gm similac step 2 old version u ok with it?

jling, thx for the info! i'll email them tmr!

createjoy: wow! thx for the many links! btw, jus nw i answer ur qns abt the cda n bus stop thingy! nvm, i copy n paste again! haha! yes can use cda! hmm.. i read the brochure says aft if start at 20wks still can bt must be completed by 24wks.. y u try google web see if u can find any info? bus stop.. erm.. im nt sure lei.. i usually cab thr frm my plc cuz bringing my girl so ma fun to take public tpt.. u call them tmr n check w them? can ask abt the rota at the same time! =)

re:solids
anyone here started solids on ur bb yet?

createjoy,

i am planning to give my bb similac step 2. i can request for friso 2 sample for u, and we do an exchange. where do u stay?

any other mummies interested in doing exchange?

bbmarilyn, don't worry too much about that if the reflux volume is not a lot. My baby can still reflux 2-3hrs after a feed. This is likely due to a more shallow stomach. Instead of letting your gal sit upright, after a feed, during your burping session for her, u can lift her up putting your hands underneath her armpits for 3 secs n put her down to sitting position. This helps to let the milk down into her tummy and usually, they burp very easily after that. After burping, let ur gal lie inclined for 5-10mins. I usually let my boy lie on the netted bouncer. These are the measures I can do to minimise reflux at home and on good days, he may only just reflux one. Maybe u can try it out to see if it works for ur gal. I also trial and error on different things.

I just got my Friso 2 sample last nite.
happy.gif
anyone interested to let go of Friso 2/follow-on samples, pls let me know! Thanks!

jamie, have started my boi on frisocrem last Sat. he is still spitting them out cos it's not liquid. LOL. Will have to do it slowly.

papaya123, my bb sleeps on his own in his own cot and room. u have been sleeping with him or he sleeps in sarong? maybe slowly let him sleep in the cot during the day n when he get accustomed to it, let him sleep in it at nite?

papaya123 i stay bt batok. might be exchanging w jling if she go for xms gathering. u going? i think we all just try to get all sample then exchange among ourselves later, good idea right heehee then we all can get more of what we wanted.

bbjun,

My boy also splitting the cereal or puree i give him. Think will take time for him to get use.
happy.gif

Mummies,

Can start giving your baby some water/milk using spoon. Let them use to spoon feeding. When start feeding solid, they will need to get use of the texture and taste of the food and not rejecting the spoon.

good morning mummies,

im so tired at work today... last night me n hb wanted to 'ah-hem', but
before we cld start doing 'it', Jarius wakie and looked and smiled at us..
and he refused to go back to slp!! tried all ways still cannot...so tired...
sad.gif

bbaugustine,
i also always latch Jarius whenever it's time for his bedtime at
night and in the middle of the night. im also afraid/concerned abt how to
wean that off when he grows older...cant be always i need to latch him
den he will slp right?

can i ask who is the organizer for the xmas gathering ar??

jling,
i added u to fb too...

createjoy,
dat nice mummy is TINYBUBU!!!
happy.gif

how to get sample from friso? i also want to haf sample leh.

createjoy
Hmm i emailed her around Aug but only got her reply early oct. Recently their rice cereal also out of stock, maybe you wait for a while then email again?

jamie
I started my boy on pumpkim puree and green pea puree

papaya123
my boy sleeps in his own cot. In fact he can sleep anywhere as long he has his bean pillow.

Do you mind the old version of similac 2, i have 2 small tins, don't think my sis in law wants them.

ahnetsan, u can add friso at Facebook and request for samples at their FB website.

bluedream, ya lor. Started feeding juices using spoon for two weeks n then start to feed him cereal. No luck - he is okay with the juice but not the cereal. LOL.

After he is okay with the cereal, I will intro puree liao.

jling,
i dont mind the old version of similac 2, as i have 1 small tin of that as well. Planning to finish up the old version before I give my bb the new version.
What is the expiry date of the similac 2 that you have? Which sample of FM would you like me to request for?

bbjun and jling,
how did you train your bb to sleep on his own? My bb sleeps on my bed in the day, and in his own cot at night. But each time, we have to pat her till he goes into deep sleep, before we can put her down. Hoping to start training her to sleep on her own. But I don't really know how to do that. Put her in the cot, and let her cry and wail until shes tired? Then she'll sleep on her own?

createjoy,
i won't be joining you guys for the xmas gathering, as i need to work on 12 dec 09. =( havent joined all of you for any gatherings! do let me know if you want to exchange with me, as I am staying in the west too =)

papaya123, I believe babies goes through different stages before they can reach the stage of sleeping on their own. Mine started with sleeping on his own to wanting to be pat to sleep (problem created by my MIL.. I think), then needing a pacifier n now just his bean pillows n off the lights. For me, I always do the same procedures every nite to get him familiar with the preparation to put him to sleep which is Change his diaper (use a differnt diaper for nite n I even show him the diaper LOL), change his shorts to long pants (also show him his long pants), put him to the bed, blanket, pillows, pacifier (now minus this step liao), on the cot mobile, talk to him, say good nite, on nite light, tell him I m turning off the room lights, off it, he will just auto start to turn left n doze off then I off the nite light as well.
As for the day, he still needs the pacifier n pillows. actually, he uses the bean pillows to cover his face to block out the lights so that he will sleep. Hence, I figure out that he needs darkness to sleep.

Previously, there were times where I have to repeatedly pick him up and rock him for a while, and put him back to his cot when he fussed in his cot too long. Nowadays, it has been quite okay and I am praying that when the actual teething comes, it won't disrupt this. Else really have to restart my training for him again.

bbjun,
when u first started the routine, did he cry for very long? we tried letting our bb sleep on her own, and she ended up crying for close to an hour, wailing loudly, before she slept. wonder if i should continue with this, as she may end up feeling very insecure?

Jaime thks for the contact, i finally found a clinic that say yes to rota at 5+mth.. going off to tk today!
happy.gif

ahnetsan call 64198484 or email as per above contacts for friso..

papaya123
for similac, one tin expires on 6th oct 2010 and the other expires 12 dec 2010. I would like enfapro. Where do you want to meet to exchange? i stay in sembawang.

i did not train my boy to sleep on his own. We tried to train or even set a routine but he doesnt like so we just follow his cues.

papaya123, it only happened during the time when he needs patting to go to sleep. Otherwise, he is quite ok with ocassional fussing when he can't fall asleep. What I experienced for persistent wailing is for something else that I trained him on - to be on his own. I have been conscientiously leaving my boy on his own, either in the cot or on his bouncer or previously in his sarong without playing with him. There was a period of time when my MIL carried him excessively that he refused to be left on his own. So I ended up to train him back again (after I sent my MIL away n barr her from coming to my place except at designated times. No choice... ) I left him to wail in his cot with his cot mobile for a good 10mins lor. He wouldn't stop then. I keep going back after each 5-10mins to pick him up and pat him and put him back again. Took me about 3 days before the wailing get lesser. Super heart pain period. Then slowly, he could be left on his own again. I lengthen the time slowly each day and show him what I am doing, like mopping floor, folding clothes, eating my lunch, etc when I am not playing with him. I did this when he was only 1+mth old.

Now, he can be on his own when I need time to do things. Of cos, I do spend time with him, playing, reading, doing tummy time, talking etc. But when I do not have time, he can lie on his bouncer and babble to himself, watch me do things and will smile back when I smile to him as I walk by. Of cos, he will still call out to me for attention on and off. He can play with himself (he loves his cloth books and can just be occupied by trying to turn the pages and look at the pics), laughing and squealing to the cot mobile animals ( I think he thinks he is talking to them) for as long as 30mins. I also found out recently, he doesn't need my company when he is in his walker. So I kinda relieve myself from him to be able to take 5-15mins for makan, some hsework on and off lor.

Of cos, this is just my preference as I prefer to get him be independent instead of over-reliant. But in the process of doing so, I never fail to let him know that I am always there for him. So when he is in discomfort and calls for me, I always make sure I can comfort him or cuddle him. It doesn't work 100% of the time but at least most of the time. Sometimes, I need to distract him and coax him a little and talk to him to tell him I need him to be kuai kuai on his own for a while. My MIL will definitely beg to differ and if she knows what I have done to her precious grandson, I think she will scream at me. LOL. Oredi, she is not happy that I leave him to sleep on his own in his own room.

But I think my nanny appreciate what I have done cos she said my boi loves to watch her do hsework. hahaha..

jamie_nov,
yes, I do not mind the old version of Similac version 2.. can i exchange with u? I stay at Bishan. I am often on the move, i can meet u anywhere. Where do u stay?

bbjun,
hey, thanks for the tips u gave on milk reflux, will try it out today.. sometimes, her reflux amount is quite alot, that's why we are worried.. just like last night, she took her milk at 11p.m, and slept till 5a.m. crying for milk. Half an hour's time, she had another reflux that literally make her hungry again.. and ended up we have to give her another bottle at 6a.m. And they she was contented and went back to sleep.

hello ladies! Long time didn't login here... hope everyone is fine

Lots of new ladies now ... welcome hhehee...

Can you believe it, our babies are all either 5mths or nearing it oredi... so fast! just thinking we were all preggie tog awhile ago and now babes are nearing half yr mark!

Noah is still in small club ...hasn't passed 6kg mark at the last PD visit on 24th Oct for his jabs! but I think he's ok...looks fine to me.. hehee

Seems like he is always in the 5% that kena fever after jab though...hehhee...

Noah started to cluster feed in the night starting this week and managed to slp through to 5.40am with the last feed being 12am... but i decided no point cos my breast kena blocked ducts after that!

wah Ahnet! so dear little J foil your plans for ahhem... hehehe

bbjun,
i'm amazed by ur boy's independence! u've done a good job training him!! so that means in the day, she can slp on her own during naptime as well? i'm trying to let my bb sleep on her own at nite now, but as my MIL takes care of her in the day, she carries her excessively.

thus, i think it will be quite hard for me to train my bb, since she is being carried all the time during the day

jling,
i will request for the enfapro sample now.
step 2, for 6 mths and above bb rite?

i'm staying in jurong west. where do u work? or are u a sahm?

Yippee!!! I wanna go for the gathering!!!
Is it normal that my son sleeps very little in the day? He seems to be able to sleep longer only when I'm sleeping/lying with him. otherwise his nap can be as short as 10-15mins. Anyone use a shower cap for their bb before? the one that has got a opening for washing hair and preventing water from getting to the face? Is it useful?

Add-on list of venue suggestion & w we stay for reference.

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
5. maryG + Trey + hubby(mayb)bt timah

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
6. serene22 + Sofie + Hb

bbmarilyn, U r welcome.
If the reflux volume is constantly a lot for every feed, then it is worrying because it's some medical condition - I can't rem the name for it. If it's not always so, then it's ok.

papaya123, Thanks. Yeah, he sleeps on his own during day time naps as well, with his bean pillows and pacifier and it's anywhere ard the hse, not confined to his cot. Sometimes, he sleeps on my bed but I dun sleep with him, sometimes at another bed in his room, living room sofa etc. My nanny also let him sleep at different places ard her hse depending on where she is. Wanted to make him adaptable to sleep anywhere, else it will be quite difficult to bring him out. However, it's slightly more difficult for him to fall asleep that fast during the day becos of the sunlight. Sometimes, he fusses and calls for me after not able to fall asleep. Usually picking him up and cuddle him, pat pat him a while, he will fall asleep very fast after that. It's quite easy to tell from his crumpled face and frustrated voice that he wants to sleep but cannot fall asleep. If I am preparing for sleep a bit too slow when he is oredi sleepy, he will start to get frustrated cos he can't wait to get into the cot, lights out and sleep.

I think when u want to start training ur baby, also must watch her cues and let her adjust slowly. Afterall, they need time to adapt to changes to routine or habits. Must have a lot of patience and try to take small steps at a time. Dun be dismay if she is not making much progress cos it really didn't happen for me (or rather my bb) just like that. Takes quite a while and there is always some days with regression back to old habits.
But for a start, there may really be a need to get ur MIL to carry her a bit lesser during the day. This carrying thing created quite a fair bit of probs for me at nite... so glad that that's over.

papaya123
yup, i'm currently working from home but frequently go back to office for urgent matters at admiralty. I don't mind making a trip down to the west by mrt during the weekdays. Let me know.

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
4. jling + jack + hb sembawang
6. serene22 + Sofie + Hb

Back