(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

yoz! TubbyM ;P must remember to login when u are away hor.. heheh.. give updates on UK...

ECmom - hope bb Cayden's UTI clears soon... get some rest when you can... take care

jling - i am just wondering how to kn whether which FM is good... how did your friends rate Enfa as good?

I realy wonder how to go abt choosing FM. I started with Nan HA during 1st mth because my friend commented that it is closest to BM. Now dono whether to use NAN HA2 when baby turns 6mths

sweethalo, hehe, trill try! But worried about jetlag leh... And VERY scared that when we get there, skyla's clock will be all jumbled up, and not sleep at night. Then once again when come back to Sin. Wonder how to avoid? Thought bring ebm also in case I really wanna die of exhaustion liao (if bb jetlag and awake at all the wrong times) and need sleep, can ask MIL to look after and feed if necessary...

sweethalo: Long time din see you post! How's thing?

ECmom: Pls take care, and dun blame yourself unnecessarily! Please be strong huh!

wow didn't think abt the time diff part... hmm... but I think the time difference is abt 6 or 7 hrs... not so bad versus USA... still quite scary though the thought of adjusting a baby's time clock..

dolly - hihi .. yeah.. long time didnt come into thread to read... me ok still hangin in there... hehehe

How are u? must be tough coping with work, bf etc..

createjoy frog leg porridge!! lol! too fast ba!! kekek!! i jus started hailey on brown rice cereal 2 days ago @ 5.5mths.. 1st day gave 1tbsp, NOT ENUF! 2nd day 1.5tbsp, still NOT ENUF! bt is for taste only la. i will finish the meal with a milk feed. today i tried 3 tbsp on her. she very full. haha. n when i carried her, she v heavy.lol. btwfruit puree u can use a spoon to scrape n spoonfeed. u can read babycenter to find out more!

papaya123 i stay at nlk 630. u? ur sahm too rite? i gif hailey HT brown rice cereal. she loves! lol! [email protected] add me on fb! gt her video!

bb marilyn, sweethalo it's up to u when to gif cereal.. actually i wanted to gif hailey at 6mths bt she started to wake up at nite for feed and she milk strike! so i decided ok la, gif earlier lor. she still cant sit upright for long bt her head is stable le.. and like bb jun says, she swallows easier in her bouncer than when i put her in bumbo! i duno y! as for amt of milk, i didnt measure exact amt, jus pour in n stir to my desired consistency..

tubbymummy, kikismom i've gone on short trip and pumped and brght my milk back before. i used milk bags instead of bottles to store and brgt only 4 bottles to pump into. usually i will only bring back the last 2 days worth of milk. then use lots of ice packs in the insulated carrier, whichever brand tt ur using, to bring back to sg. i wont freeze it in case it thaws on the way back to sg. then again, my trips are really short, in terms of length of stay and travel duration. check in ur milk so u wont nd to go through custom checks n needing to explain so much.. =) hth!

jamie,

i'm staying directly opposite frontier cc! not a sahm. i wish i am though =(

i'm considering bringing my bb to hwa xia! is it worth the money? $30 per lesson sounds expensive!! but if i take up the package, i'm worried i wont use all of it.

dovey,
thanks for the info!! i jus called up the infantcare... on waiting list! and haf to
wait til early next yr, but dunno which month. anyway, i put my name down on the
waiting list... and the ratio is 1:4... dat's quite a lot, i find..wonder if they
can cope or not.. wif so many babies to one teacher. however, there's an extra helper,
so the principal says so far still manageable.

ecmom,
oh dear... how come suspected UTI? how did you all discover de?

sweethalo,
i tink i will ask PD on which FM to give to Jarius. but meanwhile, i jus call and
ask for free samples. haha..i also heard dat enfa is good,but im not sure why is it
so good...and it's damn ex lor.

sweethalo
good as in, baby is taking the FM well, no constipation, no rejection of milk, no side effects like vomitting or diarrhea.

Since your baby is taking Nan HA 1 well, maybe you want to continue with Nan HA 2?

My boy was taking Nan HA 1 initially when i don't have much supply but when my supply is enough to meet his demand, he reject the FM so consider changing to Enfa once i stop giving BM. But if my boy rejects Enfa, i still can pass the unopen ones to my friend.

Hi Ladies,

Metro 20% on 6 to 8 NOV 09‏

Regard Milk Exchange, i have sample tin of
-Friso 900g
-Mamil gold 400g
Wish to exchange Wyeth step 2. Stay at serangoon but can meet up at newton, orchard mrt. can kindly pm me as recently too busy. scare i miss out ur post.

Hi mummies,
I have one opened tin of NAN Pro.1 to give away.Just opened yesterday. Actually want to switch from NAN HA 1 to NAN Pro.1 but found he is not suitable.
Interested party, pls PM me.
Self collect at Jurong West.

Ya this Fion person even has a thread in wtb! Just went there n told her to stop spamming.apparently another mummy also did that!

Jling- oic so must try and see if bb rejects fm.I used Nan ha1 in the first mth for 2night feeds cos he was crying constantly so I figured he was hungry.after that he was fully latched so dono he will reject if I intro fm later

how u get samples huh..ytd I registered at nestle but dun see any samples le

ahnet-when u starting fm??

Jamie- thks for your advice

sweethalo,
me gg to give fm when Jarius is 6mths... give him 1 fm feed per day first, den increase after 3 days... breastmilk will still be the core though. i tried to give J a few teaspoons of cereal dat wkend... he seems to like it, but after a few spoons, he doesnt wan anymore le... and i din wan to waste it, and it smells nice, i ate it myself haha. and it's really quite nice leh... dunno if it's the cereal or my milk. hahaha... and J was staring like me, as if im a mad woman lkdat. hee

im jus worried abt the way my mil makes fm next time.... and also worried abt the hot water quality...
sad.gif
always seem to haf ANTS in the water dispenser de

Hi june mummies,
I'm new here. My baby boy was born on 13th june, turning 5 months in a week's time. His name is Jamus, is my first child. I'm a SAHM. So interesting to read all the threads here. Hope to meet more mummies here.
happy.gif

Haha Ahnet you are so funny! I m still hesitant abt giving semi solids now..so still wait n see hehe..

Welcome here Beemom Jamus mummy
happy.gif

sweethalo,
funny meh? really mah... got ants one leh....
dunno why they dun bother to check the kettle first before filling it wif water?

hi hi beemom!

Mummies,
Cayden confirm down with UTI, doc came this morning and said will send his urine mfor further test to track the causes. The lucky one is his fever subside this mining, hope it won't relapse.

He is back to usual him, laughing and KPOing, also think he quite bored this morning, he try to flip back. He manage to do flip from backcto tummy and tunny to back
happy.gif

createjoy and jling,

i have requested for friso and enfapro milk powder samples. will let u noe when it arrives k? meanwhile, if u need to look for me, you can drop me a PM, as i check back to this forum once every few days =)

have a great weekend mummies!!

needs all mummies advice...

my current gal is stayg w my pil now...she hasnt been zzz much since i started work...most likely bcos is their hse is near e rd n my mil insists in switching on the lights even if it is bright daylight...

do u think i shld bring her back to my place? maid can take care alone though...now mil will take care w maid at times but my mil is out at times...

spoke to my mil abt e probs but she was offended
sad.gif

sigh

agree w sweethalo that time flies..our bb r all reaching the 5mths mark or beyond...

hi createjoy, yr mil is so cute , so young give frogleg ah...

i sibei angry now...

i jus called my mum, telling her im bringing Jarius back hm to stay for one wk... she say she dun wan, later when he go back, she wil haf depression, cos too attached...stupid right? den she ask me why...

dat ktb's brother kenna chickenpox, so most likely the ktb will also kenna, cos it's contagious... so i want to bring my Jarius back to my mum's plc instead for next wk...

guess wat my stupid bloody idiot mother tel me?? say aiyo, y u come? later my youngest sister kenna how?? cos she stil having her O levels papers til mid nov...

wtf lor!! my son not impt la, she say if ur son kenna chickenpox, the most is he kenna lor...but my youngest sister aka her precious daughter, will not be able to take her O levels papers if she kenna!!!

wtf lor!! din she alrdy take the jab to prevent last time when she was younger???!!! knn!!!!

hi ahnetsan

16th nt a holiday ... changed to oct actually...

cant join u, blurmom cos i stayed in e east. had nt been to jp for ages!

hi ahnetsan

16th nt a holiday ... changed to oct actually...

cant join u, blurmom cos i stayed in e east. had nt been to jp for ages!

gosh ahnetsan...u really seemm v angry...think is bcos yr sis is havg exam..yr mom scared of the trouble etc...she shld be more sensitive to u...

nevertheless, she still dotes on u i believe since u r her daughter 2 therefore her grandson as well
happy.gif

sweethalo
i registered with them quite sometime back, only recently i received an email from them saying they will be sending samples to me, but almost two weeks already no news leh. Maybe you want to call them for sample? If i manage to get the samples then i exchange with you?

sooner or later they will take the FM but have to introduce slowly, what i'm more afraid is adverse side effects.

papaya123
thanks

ahnetsan
holiday?

Cool down, you might want to tell your mum that if babies get chicken pox, its a very serious thing so its better for you to bring him home.

hi beemom

ecmom
hope cayden recovers soon

hey blurmom count me in at Jur pt, think maybe sere nozomi (long time no post) might wanna join us too. i go ask them.

Jaime?? jaime asking w stay jur wanna go jur pt right or was it another mummy...

EC mom glad he is recvring fast! how did u discvr? got blood?

anyone know what it might indicate: i used to get bruise easily but it's greyish green now everythime i get bruise it's purple and very scary look, any idea what might be wrg? a frd suggest me check my blood platelet

ecmom: glad to hear that cayden's fever has subside, hope he get well soon.

hi mummies,
my PD told me that i can try to introduce some rice cereal n puree when my bb is 4mths old. i did start feeding him with rice cereal, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, pear puree since then. he seems to enjoy them
happy.gif

moo, maybe u join us when there is another town gathering?

we try to make it @ 11.30am, to avoid lunch crowd n get better parking lots
happy.gif

Createjoy, can help to coordinate with the ladies u mentioned?

Hey bbpotato! Glad that u can join!

sure, i've asked them. serene22 say shd be ok nozomi yet to reply. 11.30ah fine w me, ya meet up point where? where we can sit & eat & chat w so qt a few babies?

thanks mummies.

createjoy,
I discover he had high fever yesterday morning, it come and go, when his fever shoot up to 39.2 we decide to bring him to here, initially doc say it viral infection no need to admit but he want to do a urine test. then from there we found actually his fever is cause by the UTI instead.

Glad we did not hold on any longer, we was told to give him paracetalmal and sponge him for one more day, but we decide to bring him here instead, the doc told us is good to discover early and start the antibiotics to clear the infection to prevent further damage kidney function. but then Cayden’s still need to go thru few test to ensure his kidney is well function.

ecmom,

Be strong and rest well, let the nurse and doctor help him while he is in hospital. Cayden will need your care after he is discharge.

Cayden will be strong and discharge soon de.

wow ECmom it's really good that u found out early & insist on treatment at kkh this age dont play play.. ya sometimes better to be warded. like that time jayden jaundice can choose to ward or brg home rent the light but then we not expert & as alert in case he get dehydrated although after that he still need to be monitor but not very high alreadt i dont need to be so worried.

wow i wonder if i'm alert enough if jayden get sick.. my thermometer suck! but aiyah dont wanna waste $ buy another one, after all soon he wil be able to use oral digital thermometer rather than armpit.

wow biang the polyc very poor informed.. saw a big banner at polyc ad for vaccine incl prenumoccal then wn i call u they say must wait till dec now no information and the jab haven ship in, so slow..

dunno y these days very restless, getting sick staying at home.. on the other hand worry jan go back work i miss jayden.. think about it no car by the time reach home bathe & makan maybe an hr with him then he gonna slp, gonna miss out alot..i kinda greedy wan the best of two world which could never be possible haha..

sweethalo,
my Marilyn is also 4 1/2 mths old, and coming 5 mths in a week's time. her neck is steady and luvs to flip over in her baby cot. just not able to sit upright if place her on the hi-chair, that's why we are planning to introduce cereals later.

bbjun and beemom,
hey, it's good to know that babies love to take their cereal when lying on the bouncer, rather than sitting upright. And the variety of new food that Beemom has introduced to your Jamus looks very interesting and yummy! will do so for Marilyn too.

bbmarilyn - hmm...Noah still hasn't flipped ...only turning to his sides until face down and stopping there...

ECmom - i am sure Cayden is in good hands with the doctors monitoring... hope he has a speedy recovery so that you will not be overly stressed out... take care

Ahnet- aiyo.. so now how? u back at mil's or mum's? as long as ktb not there liao should be ok la...dun worry...

jling- o so must wait for nestle ppl to call up then ask for samples huh... ok let me kn when u get yours... but dono when i can get my samples leh...

no choice, blurmom, i lived in the east n jp is simply too far for me...

hope u gals enjoy though
happy.gif

r u all bringing yr babies? maybe can take group fotos n post on facebk?

dun mind adding me?

beemom, wow, yr kid is enjoying a great variety of food! good!

sweethalo, my kid can't even turn...a bit slower than the rest..

a lot of valuable info in this thread...

Back