(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

tubbymummy: omg, someone guessed your girl is 1 month?!? Don't think about it too much, most people just make random comments. I find it very strange that people who don't have babies always like to ask if I am breastfeeding. Yes I am, but what is the point- will you bf her if I'm busy? hahaa..

I gave up waking in the middle of the night to pump. At first my alarm was set at 3am, then 4, then 5, then OFF. You are hard working- I only pump once before bed (I also give her a bottle for the last feed to make sure she drinks enough).

PD: I'm going to Dr. Ang PL, who has a LOT of experience. But maybe too much experience cos it seems like nothing is a big deal (since he has seen so much).

jling: I have a very FURRY dog so i don't know what to do when she starts crawling. She will end up with fur all over!

My friend's baby crawled first, then flipped around the same time!

blurmom: i like leapfrog too, the caterpillar that sings is fun! Maybe vtech is for older babies, more electronic games and buttons for them to try.

createjoy: happy 5 months! *sigh* my in laws love to carry my baby too! Everytime we see them, they will comment that my stroller looks so uncomfortable, and will quickly pick her up. So when we go out, she is slowly starting to realize she can be carried instead of sitting in the stroller. But that makes it very difficult to eat at restaurants and go shopping! (I like to bring her out by myself)

AND my stroller was one of our splurges-we spent $$$ to buy it and we made sure it is a comfortable/convenient/ safe stroller.

createjoy,
my Jarius has shallow stomach, so we still feed him every 2 hourly, 90ml lor, every 2hourly... i dun let my mil wash the milk btls at hm, cos im quite sure i wont trust her on washing as well.... dun think she will do a clean job, so i will wash and sterilise them when i rch hm after wrk everyday..its tiring, but at least i know for btls cleanliness, it's safe. haha

i will never agree to leave Jarius alone wif mil de...never. NEVER. over my dead body.

Does anyone have recommendations for a high chair?

Some friends use the plastic ones from ikea, and others swear that their stokke tripp trapp is worth the $$$...

ahnetsan, can understand your feelings and concerns. I also feel that way whenever my MIL handles my boi. There are times I feel like taking him away from her arms. Just last Sunday, she came and played this toy she bought from China with him. It's those traditional chinese rattle with the dangling beads swinging from side to side to hit the centre drum. She always feels offended when she plays with Dylan in my presence so when she comes visiting, so I will go busy with housework or take a shower n stuff. ( when I do this to give her space, she will come n check on what I am doing! Really crazy n I dunno what to do with her oredi.) Apparently, i think that rattle might have scared dylan as he was taken aback. BESIDES THAT IS A DANGEROUS TOY FOR A BABY!!! the swinging beads can hit their eyes when their motor skills are not so developed at this stage to control the toy.
Anyway, Dylan got scared n I wasn't aware n after they left, he refused to sleep, cried non-stop cos he was tired n wanted me to sleep with him for the first time. He has been trained to be left in the cot to fall asleep on his own and I never slept with him at all. I ended up placing him next to me and he held my hands tight before falling asleep. Even then, he kept opening his eyes to check that I am ard. By nite time, he was so exhausted that he just slept thru. But the same thing repeat again the yesterday when I was on leave with him. He wld just hold my hands for his nap time. I hope he is better today at the nanny's. Heart very pain to see him like that, grabbing my hands so tightly and so afraid to let it go. Felt guilty for not protecting him as well.

However, try not to let this issue come between u n hubby. I am sure J will not want his parents to quarrel. I always kept that in mind n not quarrel with my hb over IL's issues as much as possible.

Tigger/Jling, Heehee I have introduced my furkid to my bb and train my pet to stay and watch over baby! Takes quite awhile to train... Sometimes furkid gets so excited, then forget about everything so we need to be around to monitor! Very taxing and tired...

Tigger/Createjoy, I don't have any leapfrog toy :p I've already bought quite a few from FP so too late
happy.gif
... Any idea where to find more range on leapfrog products?

bbjun,
i feel like crying when i was reading ur post... it's very sad leh, dylan seemed to haf been scared by the incident...imagine him keep opening eyes to check if u r ard him or nt, so poor thing and so sad lor.
sad.gif
see le super heart pain de.

haiz, i also dun wish to quarrel wif hb regarding ILs issue...but then again, if dun quarrel, dat means i must swallow it down leh... and i been swallowing for so long le. even talk it out i will also flare up one leh.

ahnetsan, vent out here lor. We will listen to u! I know how it feels. I also vent it out on my frens when I need to, to keep my sanity. Cos if I were to pay the price with my marriage, I don't think that's worth it. Some stuff can say, some cannot one lor. Things will improve when u get your own place. Stay positive!

tiggerkaitlyn
same same, think i will just lower the cot and let him crawl inside the cot when i'm at work and crawl in my room or on my bed in the night.

Ic, can't wait for our little ones to start crawling

Blurmom
The dogs belong to my in-laws, quite difficult to train them since its not my dogs. Think i have to adapt to the surronding instead.

bbjun
my boy got scared quite a few times and i don't know why, since then he needs to either hug his pillow or bloster, hold our hands or hankie before he starts to drift to lala land, first few times he also keep opening his eyes to check. Heartpain =(

So now everytime i carry him, i hug him very tight, give some kisses, hold his hands while carrying him, tell him mummy is here to protect him. hehe

heehee blurmom i have no idea w to get leapfrog cos i buy frm BP. A very nice mami sold me $50 w she bought from US, still very new n website show $299US was very pleased with it.

i wish i have my own place. ten stroke not even one.. sigh.. sian!!!

i ^5 with createjoy.

unless my MIL move on.otherwise she say she's gonna die there and my stupid hubby keep insisting to stay with her.

and the great thing is, she never CAME and visit me at my mom place when I deliver. NOT EVEN AT KKH.

Sometimes I feel like divorcing hubby because he stick to her like super glue.

Me also very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very PEK CHEK trust me. When KAelyn is older, I will make a decision. NOW I HAVE TO FINISH BREAST FEEDING FIRST.

Woman only suffer in life. I wish I am a guy.

ahnetsan, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel
happy.gif
and in the mean time, u have us here to vent.

jling, yeah, same same, I cuddled him a lot the last two days, holding him tight and telling him that I am always ard for him. When I go fetch him from nanny's just now, he was very serious after the first reaction of happiness to see me. Then again, grabbed my finger real tight and stare at me for a long time. When I pry his fingers open to push the pram into the lift, he grab even harder. Heart pain sia.

qi7, must have been tough when ur hb is not on your side when u need him to. For me, hb dun want to talk to his parents and avoids them BUT feels guilty doing that and use me and Dylan as his shield. Reprimanded him for making me and Dylan to put up with his parents while he just hide behind us. But guys are slow leh. In the end, I forced him to face his parents for two weeks in a row instead of nagging at him n quarrel with him, n let them nag at him instead of me, then he got scared. Now, he agreed to my pact of letting them come visit alternate weeks instead of weekly. Intend to just tell them I m not at home (staying with my parents on weekends) when hb is overseas that weekend (even if he is really back that weekend). Also safeguard me from facing them alone when he is really not ard and I will have less stress. Already, it's difficult for the 3 of us to spend family time together with my hb away most of the time, they also buay zi dong one but always like to hang ard my place almost the whole day until I give them a time quota by telling them we are gg out at a certain time. My parents on the other hand always tell me not to visit them when hb is back cos must have own family time. N the one who is not understanding is always praising herself to be the most open-minded and understanding and reasonable mother in law. Sighz.

ahnetsan! Cool down! Talk to you hubby again when both are cool.... never use the word if you dun mean it deep in your heart!

Yeah.. MIL is always an issue, I'm glad that now she no longer comes after my CL left... Guess my hubby let her know somehow.

Qi7: My hubby mum never come to visit when I was in hospital also. In fact, she dun even see me the whole of pregnancy except for chinese new year. She does comes a few times after I deliver ... but I rather she dun come at all
happy.gif

styliciously, think the ship schedule is only one day at the venue. Redang sounds good. but suddenly hb say dun want baby to fly so soon or go cruise. now i also half hearted cos can't imagine rouxuan being without us for a few days.

Ah Ching, for my case we also have a rocker but my gal also wake up easier. my mil at that time kept on asking us to buy sarong then she'll not be so hot and be able to sleep but we didn't want to get sarong. so in the end compromised and bought a netting chair with wheels. after that rouxuan is able to sleep if we push the chair. that was when she was 2 month plus. at nite, i let her feed to sleep on our bed then put her on the cot next to us. i think if she sleeps beside me for the whole nite she might wake up more times. now she sleeps at 10plus and wake up at 4am and then 7am.

dolly, haha i also see my hair on the diaper. wonder how it got there. my hubby also noted that my hair is dropping a lot. the guy at the hair salon recommended me some ginseng essence but i didn't buy. hmm...

tiggerkailyn, i bought the munchkin chair but haven't used it yet.

anyone going for h1n1 jab? immunity wll pass to bb right? $30 qt cheap leh
ya lor i hope hair loss stop soon if nt few mth later bald already i v scare cos my hair is originally v thin, got rather big patch at the top...
sad.gif

Ah ching, i also got a FP rocker w vibration, jayden used to slp in it now he ok to slp on bad. lat time he always jerk slp not lg. we put in rocker plus bean pillow n press his chest wn he jerk till he sound aslp then wake away.

tiggerkailyn: i have 3 furry dogs at home... same here. i'm worrying when bb starts to crawl as they will put anything into their mouth.

i am strongly against buying of a walker for my bb... but no matter how much info about walker is dangerous to my in-laws... it just went one ear in & straight through the other... angry lohz... bo bianz close one eye & let them buy but i make sure they only let him sit 5-10mins only... when i am around. and i try to bring him out more often so he seldom get to sit in it hahahaha!

i feeding my bb nan ha.. he dun really drink alot and i kinda worried.. i dunnoe how much he weigh now. one month ago he is abt 6.6kg at 4 mth..

i alway make 150ml for him. first half of the milk he will drink... 2nd half i alway struggle to feed him as he will wail n wail n suck in between.. anyone know what's the problem? how actually let bb drink more??

another qn is, my bbb eyelid look reddish.. is it anything wrong? 2 days already.. the right side of his eyelid is red..

ahnetsan
don't let IL issues to affect you and your hubby relationship. Yea vents it out here.

Qi7
Don't be so negative, stay happy for your children.

bbjun
Yea cuddle him more. Babies are very sensitive, it will be some time to let them adjust back to their smiley faces. Next time tell him what you are going to do first before releasing his fingers, at least get him prepared.

nicolle mayb ur he got abit eye infection.. if u really worry brg him c a doc.. or post a photo here so we can help u judge. as for milk.. Jyden usually also after half start to mk noise. now he like to be put on bed with a pillow to support his head & he will drk while watching his cot mobile move or play w his cot piano. there was a time i need to walk & feed him at the same time. sometime i brg him to drk near a locked grill window.

ya lor qi7, u sound like my sis.. she everytime say think will divorce one day, & wn quarrel really say it out, they still mk it up but i think it's impt not to say give up so easily got a crack no good lor. no matter what kids w complete family are mentally healthier and happier...

hey shall we plan for dec gathering? 6th mth cum xmas. anyone staying in a condo near a central location so we could prob order halal buffet sit in a function room (it's free right?)

if not i suggest we find a restaurant near town bt prob nt in town and have hi-tea there on sat so more can join in.

Anyone intend to give simlac 2? can help me get friso 2 sample then we exchange?i have requested both, waiting for it to come.

hi

had been a silent reader in this thread cos bb is born earlier...so is a june's bb now...

hope i can join in e discussion...

bukt batok qt near jur mah y leh jamie?

moo bb suppose to b jul bb? any face bk a/c? many of us are link now in facebk.

oh beside similac think i will also have mamil sample. anyone wanna exchange?
have anyone called heniz for sample? i couldnt reach them

anyone going to see PD/GP can ask for me is it cfm 5mth too late to tk 1st dose of rota virus? i tot better to wait aft 6mth didnt know i missed the timeline..

ooh.. my girl's born may 22nd was wondering if anyone near me we go meet up at jp or wat.. haha.. hmm btw, i read a brochure abt rota, it says can take rota at 5th mth bt must complete by 6th mth lei. u better check w ur pd soon!

I also have a mamil stage 2 sample. If anyone wants it, just PM me.

Createjoy, why don't u just call your PD and ask? I m gg to see PD only next Thurs for my boi's 5th mth jab.

jling, ya. I always tell my boi what I am going to do or where he is going. He is better this morning liao but is stickier than usual still.

createjoy,
rota is to finish both dose by 6mth and it need to be 1mth apart.
called my GP, she said if 1st dose taken at 5th mth, 2nd dose take at 6th mth should be ok. she never say too late or what, she say is upto us.

ok I start the ball rolling:

<font color="ff0000">December Gathering</font>
6th mth cum xmas celebration

Venue: open for suggestion
date: 12 Dec 2009???
time: open for suggestion

1. ecmom + cayden

Hi mummies, I'm staying at Clementi, can organise a poolside gathering cum buffet if u mummies are keen. Jus lemme noe the number of interested parties so I can start planning.
happy.gif
Btw my ger was born on 29th Jun'09, I seldom post but always read the thread whenever I've the time.
happy.gif

huajing: Thanks for taking the lead to organize the Christimas party. But we can't join cos we'll be spending our time in HK. Aiyah, I've not even seen you face to face yet!

toffeecat: I suspect my baby swallow my hair and it just pass out from his system, now I'm more careful and try to pick every hair away from the bed, which is real tough!

Jamie, ok leh can go out together... PM me.
oh dear jayden is 5mth 2 days tomolo.. i no see PD no one to ask.. called a clinic they say too late so i wanna double cfm..
Dolly, u frighten me! i hav tons of hair everyw!!
today dunno whats wrong v low supply.. usually 1 FM today 2.5 times...

wow EC so on! i on u lah!

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
2.Createjoy+jayden +hb(mayb)

ECmom, thanks for initiating. I can't confirm until nearer the date cos it is v close to bringing bb for hep b jab, not sure if hb is back that weekend and also planning to take a family foto shoot with bb ard that time. Will confirm my attendance nearer the date.

dolly, what u say quite scary leh. My hair is all over the place. everyday clean floor also no use. I have seen BB grabbing a strand of my hair on and off and I always very quickly remove from his hands.

Super happy and elated now. Managed to put Dylan to sleep without his dummy for the first time. I just put him to bed, with his cot mobile on, n his usual beanie pillows. Talk to him for a while and then tell him that I am going to off the lights. He immediately started to doze off after the lights are off! I think from now on, I only need to give him the pacifier for comfort sucking and distract him from sucking his fists and fingers too excessively. Hope this continues for tomorrow nite and also day time naps soon.

I think we shd indicate what location has been suggested &amp; where we stay so we can tell how many pple in west or east attending..

December Gathering

Venue: open for suggestion -1 suggestion at clementi condo

1. ecmom + cayden
2.Createjoy+jayden +hb(mayb) bukit batok

hey dolly mayb it got there wn u wrap his diaper leh.
wow bbjun plan to wean off pacifier? abt the right time also lah hor best b4 6mth.. jayden is qt dependent on it.. in a way good cos just give him he keep quiet and a short while he fell aslp he will spilt it out...no need to pat &amp; rock alot unless he super energetic. but i be worried if he walk ard w it wn he gets older..

createjoy,
i am also facing the same dilemna, am getting low milk supply lately... especially when my job is not desk-bound and always got to be on the move. I often have to find shopping malls to pump, inconvenient.

btw, my baby Marilyn always spits milk after each feeding, even though she is only drinking 90ml, thought it will outgrow but doesn't seem so...any mummies having this problem at this stage?? what can i do?

also, my facebook e-mail account is [email protected]

Hi All,

<font color="ff0000">Why pay more for the Car Insurance when we can save the monies to buy pretty clothes for our kids / Lot of toys / <u>BEST</u> milk powder in town / send them to the <u>MOST</u> reputable Montessori / bring your kids for holiday / pamper yourself with branded stuffs.....and many more.</font>

Car insurance have to be renewed every year, as with most car owners, we do not have the time to approach each and every car insurer for quotations, not to mention going through the fine prints in detail and comparing plans.

Most of us end up renewing our car insurance with the existing insurer and not knowing that we might be paying $200 - $500 more...

By comparing quotations from all 10 Singapore Motor Insurers, we will do a <u>FREE</u> comparison for you with all motor insurance companies in Singapore...insurers that you heard often as well as others that you have not.

For more information, please email to me [email protected] for a <font color="0000ff">NO OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE.</font>

am really peifu u gals who work &amp; still BF.. i at home already sian of pumping esp i got blood clot prob keep bruising pain lor. i also dont dare go shopping very long max 8hr rush home pump.

does marilyn spit alot? if not alot i think ok one.. dont burp her more than 2min but she dun burp, pat too much sometime mk hem vomit n hav u tried keep her elevated after fd?

bbmarilyn: Wow, you are great! Can go around shopping center to pump, keep it up! I pump at the office and yeah, my movement a bit bound by it. And I need to go customer location some time too, but won't bring the pump along cos I dun drive. Sometimes if I spend a bit longer, my boob feel so hard! hehe

createjoy, bbjun: Both my hubby and I thinks the hair is from the POO leh, cos it's among the POO, not around it, some more become very curly... (excuse me if it sound a bit gross) we were just amazed about it

my bb still refluxing at this stage. Some say will outgrow this ard 6 mths while I have read reports that say it can be so even up to 1yr old. He doesn't reflux when he drinks in his half sleep mode but especially a lot if he is drinking milk in an unfamiliar environment. The only reason he is refluxing is becos he is anxious to start moving ard, looking ard and USED A LOT OF strength. Then the milk comes up. Oredi used to it and I don't think it's a concern if the vol is not excessive at every feed.

createjoy, have been trying my luck to wean him off the pacifier every now and then. Have observed him for the past few nites that he waits for me to off the lights before dozing off. So I guess he knows the SOP liao. LOL. Hence, decided to try again tonite to see if he still needs it. However, I know I still need the dummy to pacify him if he is crying excessively. One step at a time!

Milk supply: Found that my milk supply actually went up a bit after I add one more pump session at 8pm. However, it's not easy because my baby already back, so hubby got to help to distract him while I pump, and I cannot pump all out too, cos baby need to drink to sleep.

Now that I pump one more session, I've around 100ml more to spare per day, feel safer cos no longer finishes almost all the milk everyday. For weekends, I also try to pump early in the morning, so that I can save a few bottles over the weekend to meet his demand.

Im keen on the xmas gathering!!!

December Gathering

1. ecmom + cayden
2.Createjoy+jayden +hb(mayb)
3.bbaugustine+Augustine +hubby (maybe)

Nowadays Augustine naps in the day with me sleeping beside him and he will fall asleep after i latch him. He sleeps longer this way but im worried that it strengthens the latching association with sleep. So he always needs me to latch him to fall asleep. At nite, we bathe him and i feed him before he sleeps too. Im concerned that he doesnt know how to go back to sleep when he wakes up at nite and always needs me to nurse him back to sleep. Now he wakes up 1-2 times for feeds at nite. I wonder when he will sleep thru the nite.

bbjun: Come to think of it, I think you are correct! Sometimes I'd wanna watch tv and feed him at the living room, or with the lights ON in bed, and he won't sleep after feeding. However, if lights out, he sleeps! Like now
happy.gif

Dolly,
Yalor we stay so close somemore, we got no faith to meet 

bbjun,
you let us know ya, we taking on 8 Dec.

Back