(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

gd morning to all...

i think i going to get the obuba nursing cover...really stylo...

ya goodies bag can get from any library...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> Morning All,
Half dead when I come to work... Yest went to watch Shinjuku with hub... The show isnt as nice as wad i've thought... Maybe will be the last movie beofre i pop? hehee..

Audrey,
Manage to get the discount for beco?</font>.

morning mummies..

adv_sport. rest wel and take care....btw, i haven receive the cordlofe referral yet.. argh....!

btw, cheyanne (cheyanne), can get from NL at which level ah?

Morning mummies!

Porky &amp; cheyanne,
How do I go by the get the goodies bag from the library? just tell them i want to ge thte baby journal?

glenlyn

NL can get from B1...the library downstairs...

porky..

can go dinner and short shopping trip good enough..
i cant even walk much..tat day went chomp chomp for dinner...eat abit then full le...then walk walk abit almost fall...dumb swollen feet...

good morning ladies
happy.gif
many thanks for your concern -- will try to rest more and not kia lai kia ke (walk here walk there)...

today is such a nice sunny day -- juz washed baby's clothes n sun-drying... and packing my hospital bag now...

re: VE
ju, aiyoh, the MO so rough on you! mine is ok but juz that it is my first time and I got a shocked that she had to dug so far in...

re: cervix
lily, erhm, i dunno what my gynae means when he comment that my cervix is abit short... when i asked him whether it is a concern, he said no problem...

re: water retention
oops, notice that my feets r swollen yesterday... today worse! but i have been drinking lotsa of water... dun tell me this is another labour sign??!!

Mornign MTBs

Went for my gynae appt yesterday, in my 36 wks already..
He gave me admission letter already! so excited over it. but he said should about 3 wks more haha!

Btw, he told me cant bring kids to labour ward..
sad.gif

I forgot to check with him what's bb weight now.. next week then ask him, now the appt is on weekly basis.
He didnt do any VE nor CTG yet, CTG will only be done at wk 38 and VE at wk 39..

Re: dreambag
Anyone interested, can pm me k..
I need to collate up to 5 pieces, if i cant get 5 ppl, I will buy the mothercare one lor..

www.thedreambag.com.sg

My girl is in need of the bag urgently coz current one very crampy for her, that she woke up in the middle of the nite and kept kicking her legs inside the crampy dreambag! :p

Joyce
Check with you, based on your experience, #2 will normally pop at almost the same week as #1? is it true??

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> Porky,
Actually I'm very reluctant to go.. quite tired... Bt my poor hub has been gng hm directly after work almost everyday for few months already... if i still can go out just company him lor...

Placenta processing:
Anyone interested or have already found someone to do for you?</font>.

re: short cervix
juz google and found that women with a short cervix appear to be at a greater risk of having preterm labor, compared with women having a thicker cervix...

Porky,
thanks later will try to get frm yishun library
happy.gif

Xue,
that time audrey tell me if can get 3 ppl @$200 each n collect at Bukit timah. get 5 ppl @$200 free delivery to 1 location. How u think is it good n comfort for baby?

Good morning MTBS!

Adv_sports, hope you are ok now! Saw ur FB pics, for a moment i tot u popped liao..heheh

RC_cola, if u cannot bring ur gal into the labour ward then where you going to place her? *_*

Xue, it's good to spend some couple time with hubby now..coz imagine when #2 is out, even if we want to go out also difficult coz every 3 hours gotta express milk...

sharon, yes...very simple only...tell them u coming to get baby journal and show ur ic..no need to pay anything...just fill in a form only..

cheyanne, i also cant walk much leh...having dinner is ok..but shopping usually walk a while only then i say wan to go home liao...aiyo, why u say ur feet "dumb"...ask ur hubby hold ur hand ah...now my hubby hold my hand tight tight...he also scare i slip and fall wor...now feet swollen...i feel so round and clumpsy when i walk...my hubby say my feet look like hamburger...he dont dare to say look like pig trotters mah..hahaha

xue, ya i understand also..now everyday hubby has been coming to fetch me home from work...but gg striaght home seems like too boring for him...so we usually go walk walk at our neighbourhood shopping centres...haiz, our hubby are full of energy but we are not...

porky, cheyanne - my feet also swollen. look like my fingers also get fatter. lucky i took out my ring last week.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> Audrey,
It's really a gd deal for $200/pcs.. I used beco before and i think it's really comfy for me and my child.. Esp is his thighs will be supported instead of the usual dangling. I find this quite impt as most of the time he will be put in there and if his thighs are dangling, it will be red and painful after a period of carrying... secondly is the weight distribution is gd. i used sling and normal carrier before, after half hr, my back aches like hell man... As for the material of beco, in this kinda weather in singapore, wadever carrier or sling you use, will definitely feel warm.. It'll be ok if in air-conditioned place..

yea.. tt's wad im thinking too... Esp i cant go out for 44 days. (confinement) and after tt the expressing or bf-ing... sigh~ There wont be much couple time for the 1st few months i think...</font>.

xue, how come 44 days? confinement not 30 days meh?

anyway as long as we are bfeeding, our 'out of the house'time is really short....we will be like the milking cows...i was still planning to go on a holiday in sept...looks like abit difficult

Hi ibite....CONGRATS!! on your newborn. Very excited right....esp it's your first child.

Actually, I am a bit puzzled after reading the long long postings, I thought someone mentioned it's JRTLover who gave birth??? Two have popped instead of one??

Adv-sport...take good care.

Audrey...I think our baby almost the same weight at 32 weeks. I just went for my checkup yesterday. BB only weighs around 1.9 kg. My gynae estimated that bb will born with weight ard 2.8 kg.

Porky...abt MIL, just takes thing easy. I know say is easier than done but we cannot do anything to offend our hubby's parent. I have weird MIL too but hubby always ask me to care less abt what she said.

Hello..mummies, how come everyone is talking abt FB? It's there a group FB here? Can someone enlighten me?

Adv sports,

I just read your full encounter at the KKH! Must be a little scare for you and your hubby. Take good care of yourself and hope your little princess will come out later at 39 weeks! :D Jia you!

ak, porky...

i took out my ring long ago...now i look like fat chkn wif skinny legs and fat feets....hahaha...look like those mascots...look dumb...hahaha

i also dying to go for a short holiday...but i think i cant...haiz..

J&amp;M, u r very cartoon leh...hehehe

only 1 person gave birth and the 2 nicknames are the same person
happy.gif

FB = Facebook
happy.gif

Regarding the birth wt, u never know the actual birth wt until the very last week..like when i see my gynae at week33, bb was 1.8kg and he said will be a small bb...then last week at week 35, i went to see gynae, bb suddenly become 2.6kg, so he said will be a big bb..i was quite surprised too..dunno how heavy my bb will be in 2 weeks'time

915, i also planning to go holiday in Nov for our wedding anni...dunno can put down bb or not...but hubby say wan to go relax loh...

J&amp;M, ibite and JRTlover is the same mummy...hehe..she change her nick...hey, at least hubby ask u to care less...my hubby ask me to give in to his mum loh...

muffin top
hello, i never use the obuba before but i'm going to try it. i think in singapore, everything also hot la. its 100% cotton. i went to take a look at the sample yesterday cos the dealer stays 4 bus stops away from me! haha! its not those cheapo cheapo material la. its not thin but not thick enough to make u super super hot. i guess in air con area it will keep u warm. i'm intending to use it as bb's blanket when i bring her out in a pram.. den no need to bring blanket along if i take her out.. can use as nursing cover/blanket at the same time..

cheyanne,
the designs are nice. u can email her ok. she will charge bulk purchase price..
happy.gif

xue,
yah i managed to get the discount..
happy.gif
3 of us are getting it at 200 per piece.. yah i think it will be hot if i walk under the sun.. but any sling also sure hot one la.. as long bb is comfortable, i will spend the $200! thanks for ur advice on the beco
happy.gif

J&amp;M,
i'm going to see my gynae tonite at 8pm for the 36 week check up.. i will let u know how heavy my bb is ok!
happy.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> 915,
Actually the actual chinese confinement is 40 days. But they make it short to 28/30days. For Malay it's 44 days. 40 and 44 not much difference... So i did another 4 days. =)</font>.

Gynae said if really no one to help take care of our girl, then no choice hubby and my girl gotta wait outside the labour ward (there's a waiting area there..)

Xue
Envy u, still have time to go for movie with hubby haha..

Re: holiday
We also plan for a holiday sometimes in Dec.. of course together with my kids, hubby and I dun like the idea of leaving them behind.. so far when having #1, all the holidays were made together with hers.. she is super immune to travelling haha.. sleep anywhere everywhere anytime haha!

Tips
It's easier to bring them for holiday when they can sit unsupported, yet dunno how to walk yet haha (best time is about 7 -9 mths old) :p

RC_cola, oh...r u going for natural birth or c-sect? If c-sect w/o hubby still not too bad, but if natural w/o hubby, then no moral support.

Porky, i agree with rc_cola, actually you can bring bb along on ur hols..best time is ard those months...and it's even better if u r still breastfeeding...

I brought my gal to langkawi when she was almost 6 mths, all i need is to latch her when the plane took off then she will be drunk with my milk...then latch her again when landing...so she dun get the ear popping problem...very easy to bring her ard coz no need to worry abt making milk and sterilizing coz i was the walking milk bottle..hehe

Hi nineonefive,

How i wish that my baby was reach 2.6kg at 35th weeks visit!! Praying very hard now...n trying to eat..eat..eat!!!

Re: Bring baby overseas
I think the best time to do it is when they are still feeding on milk only. I brought my #1 to Malacca when she was 8 mths old..Had to prepare porridge for her..Then at 14mths( I was 4 mth preggy..), brought her to Hong Kong..It was a nightmare cos she did not want to eat most of the food found in HK except porridge. Plus she was so clingy to me...

mummies, thanks again for ur concern... so bored doing nothing... so turn on music and my little princess is happily kicking
happy.gif

bean, yah, it was a scary experience... but we know what to expect when the real thing happens
happy.gif

915, haha, it felt as though i went thru labour :p

re: holiday
haiz, hubby over-protective -- dun allow me to fly during my entire pregnancy
sad.gif
now dunno when we can go on holiday!

915, so funny when u said u r a walking milk bottle :p

re: breathless
dunno y, suddenly feel more breathless... haiz, must be coz m inactive now...

Hey mummies - gd morning.. well gd afternoon soon...

For those who shop online esp the US sites, do they deliver to SG? I tried to order clothes from amazon but they don ship to SG leh...

Joyce - Old Navy does ah?

915, wow thats a good idea..actually we are planning to go BKK only..short trip abt 5 days...is it very inconvenient if have to latch bb along the trip ?

re : confinement bath herbs
how come there are 2 types ?? da feng ai and da feng cao...which one to buy ? how many packs we need ?

re holiday - hb and i went japan (without bb) after i've stopped bf. dat must have been one of our best hols! for that week, we simply forgot dat we were parents and enjoyed each other's company. doubt we are able to do the same again now that we will have 2 kiddos. tink my mum will kill me if i leave a bb and an active toddler with her while i go enjoy overseas!

re bringing bb overseas - ya, realised it gets very troublesome when they are older. brought #1 to malacca when she was 1+ and then to hk when she was nearing 2. i hv to pack so much stuff and when she's lazy to walk, i have to carry her. super xiong. nw, we juz do staycation.

porky - they are the same. you use one sachet per shower. so depending on how often you intend to bathe during confinement, you buy the required no. i intend to bathe once every day so i bought 30pkts.

Poohwei, wah u garang leh..stilll bring #1 to HK when u r pregnant..*kudos to u*
happy.gif

Btw between week33- week 35 i drank alot of milk and eat alot of dairy product trying to beef up my lil moo moo...so maybe that's why she grew 800 g within 2 weeks!

HK is one place i will avoid for bring kids coz too many ppl liao..so far i think go to beach resorts are the best...heheh

Porky, all you need for latching is breast pads,nursing bras and a few nice nursing tops and you are set to go...i din use any shawls previously, i just lift up my nursing top opening and latch her...i think still better than u trying to manage the thermos flask and milk powder.. but i did bring 2 milk bottles along for emergencies and put them in the hotel.

Re: Confinement Bath Herbs
I bought the Da Feng Ai...cost me RM$1.50 per pack.. i bought 30 packs. 1 for everyday... but if u r going to have longer confinement then u can buy more. Then they also have the Flower Fragant Da Feng Ai...cost abt RM$3.50 each pack..

Adv_Sports, so after ur rehearsal, i guess u know ur directions to the labour ward liao...r u going for natural?

I hope to go thru natural tis time round as well. Hm.. moral support wise, I really have no choice, I have to prioritise on my girl, and sure I will be in good hand of the midwives and gynae lar, tho it would be nice to have hubby around during delivery..

Brought my girl back to our hometown when she was about 5.5 mths, was okay.. but have to just hold her, coz she cant sit by herself yet.. food wise, easy, just milk milk and milk (was still BF during that time)..
We went for holidays when she was about 9 mths old, she can sit by herself already, can stand supportedly (cant walk) so okay lar, we swam together during our hols (it was beach holiday to Koh samui haha.. every morning and afternoon, it's swimming haha!) She simply loved it, got a red peachy cheeks during our stays there.. food wise, okay, milk + cereals + fruits..
Another holiday when she was 11 mths plus (cant walk liao!!!) so kept wanting to walk.. cant sit still in our 4 hours flight.. faintz!! food wise,she doesnt really like
outside food at all (even porridge sold outside also dun want), survived on cereal + milk + bread..
We also went for another holiday when she was 13 mths, walau, kept wanting to run man!!!!!!!!!!!!! super tired haha again she disliked outside food, so problem for me is on her food during travelling, she survived on cereal + plain rice + milk + bread only..

Luckily for me, she is not at all picky about the place to sleep, any hotel any bed or even pram is fine for her.. no need specific bolster or whatever.. I hope #2 also the same ler.. i cant imagine if i have to wake up like every 2 hours per nite.. pray hard, didi will be sleeping thru as well..

Tinkles, i think u can go thru vPost. They will give a US address and then the delivery can be routed back to SG...but u will get charge for local delivery lor...else best way is to join the spree in the forum. But prepare to wait long.

RC_Cola, wow u really brought ur gal to many places! for me it was just that 1 time when she was almost 6 mths....now we are thinking of bringing her to Bali this sept...but also worry abt her food etc...

Hehe...915...din know the two nicknames belong to the same person. No wonder I do not see JRTLover's name in the MTB list.
Btw, what have u taken during the last two week (33-35wks)? Your baby has grown so much.

Porky...hubby asks me to care less cos he knows his own mum well. Maybe I am pregnant...I cannot tahan her weird doing recently. Imagine whenever we go out for dinner, she must bring along a water bottle, then ask for an empty cup, pour water inside and put all the utensils into the cup to wash. It really irritates me.

Audrey...hear from u soon..
happy.gif

Wow...Xue...40 days confinement can make me go siow. I really pei fu u leh.

Re : bring bb overseas...I brought my son to HK when he was 3 years old. I think most of the luggages contained his milk powder (I stopped breastfeeding), diaper, hot flask, baby finger food etc. Also, we have to take turns to carry him when he took a nap (at least 2 hr) ...very siong.

Hello..mummies, anyone encounter varicose veins or spider veins on your leg recently? I have a few varicose veins on my left leg. Looked like cords and appear twisted and bulging....so awful whenever I wear short.
sad.gif

feb_mum, so they are the same ? then i just tell the shop uncle tat i wan either one type ?

915, u bgt the bath herbs from msia ah ? cos the price u write is in RM...i never go in msia leh...will discuss with hubby if we shd bring bb along...anyway i dont think i can bear to leave bb behind...sure miss him a lot de...

J&amp;M, hehe...ur mil so clean leh...my mil can be weird also...but usually i avoid talking too much with her...unless hubby is at home with me....

Hi Porky, thanks for the details.
Will do it when i pass by library.

I also hope that can go overseas have a break, not sure to bring bb or not to bring.
But MIL sure will worry if bring bb along... Otherwise duno I can bear to pass to MIL and just go overseas with hubby or not...

everything is so uncertain... is it first time mum will has this kind of dilema??

Porky,
Yeah..my bath herbs is from m'sia...but i heard that SG also seliing same price here..but it's SGD$1.50

J&amp;M, i think maybe i ate alot of dairy products (including chocolate) and fresh milk and cereals, that's why my bb suddenly grow so much!

Porky...she is too clean when dining outside but when u see her way of preparing food at home (if she cooks)....can faintz...better close both eyes and eat...haha.

I went to Bangkok with my hubby when I was a month pregnant. We left our son at my mum's place. It's a 5 days holiday. Never been so shiok before. Sometimes you really need to take a break to "replenish" your relationship. I have been married for 6 years.

Back