(2008/09) Sep 2008

flos,
still deciding..agree with mei if i want a cleaner look, it would be st ives. if i want the liftable function, newbury would be it. I am getting beddings from mothercare hence i have to make sure the beddings fit the size of the cot before i purchase. Hoping to get better discount during GSS.
happy.gif

bacon&egg
Regarding beddings, when you get Mothercare cot, your beddings would have to be from Mothercare too. I have been looking around, other brands' beddings are not suitable for the size. I'm also waiting for GSS to see if there are any good bargains for the bedding sets.
happy.gif

LC: Yes, I saw and they also sell them at the same price at Cheong Choon. I like the white ones only. I don't like brown cots.

Robinsons was having a sale at $269 but I didn't get it 2 weeks ago.

Taka is also selling one white cot. think it's $300+.

And First Few Years sell Pali (the premium Italian brand) ones.

I absolutely need a liftable side. Don't want to bend up and down, esp if I opt for c-section in the end.

Now just scratching my head over the mattress. Anyone using Sealy Posturepedic, or Pali/Spring Mattress? All my nephews sleep on spring mattresses and by 3mos, they guai-guai sleep by 7.30pm and wake up at 5.30am next morning. Very senang for my sis and bro, and they go pak-tor and watch 9pm movies frequently.

They attribute it to the quality of the mattress, the temp of the room, noise level in the house, the darkness and the pre-sleeping feed. I want to train my bb to sleep on demand too.

Mothercare bedding sets are pretty nice. I am considering Mothercare and First Few Years now. I want to recommend to Big Toes the pale yellow Pooh design. I think she's a Pooh bear fan. It's a very classic design.

Bacon: I think if u get standard cot size, u'll be safe...28"X52".

Hi Shazz: have transferred!

To Account DBS Savings Plus
001-0-062525 Shazz
Amount S$32.08
Transaction Reference 1706582090

LC (faintz): Hi what exotic food did you have? I had a salsa beef burger from Swensen! Yummylicious!

Shazz, will Pm you my contacts!

I recall someone up the thread (crayon?) was talking abt letting bb sleep on the floor? I think it's not advisable lah. What if you accidentally trample upon his/her little toes or hands?! And yes, very dusty and cold, if your flooring is tiles, not wood...Better get a playpen at least.

About Comforters. I saw some shops selling comforters, some water-proof thingie. Are they necessary?

I wish I live in US or Europe...More choices.

flos
heee..my boy sleeps through the night from 2mths onwards. now he sleeps 8pm to 6am. but it has nothign to do with mattress. ours is the super cheap one coz my sis told me her kids threw up at night etc and there goes the 500 bucks mattress coz the stink cannot be removed after three or four times...

think about it this way, you are training your boy for NS next time
happy.gif

think sleeping through comes wiht sleep training. for some kids, it comes naturally...

o yes, we used to go out for midnight buffets and movies too. now too tired to do that anymore. and my boy now will know when we are gone and be very unhappy...(dun ask me how he knows...but he will only wake up when we go out and not when we are at home...)

I remember we were discussing cord blood banking some time back. Those who have the info, I would appreciate it if you could list down the prices of StemCord & CordLife as well as the difference. Thanks a lot!
happy.gif

lilboymum: please share your secret military regimen with me. What are the conditions of the bedroom, since they mattress is a cheap one? Will foam mattress do the trick too?

I agree with you about this part "my boy now will know when we are gone and be very unhappy...(dun ask me how he knows...but he will only wake up when we go out and not when we are at home...)"

When I was 2YO, I knew tmy parents were going out for late-nite suppers, so feeling neglected I wept in one corner secretly. They heard my cries and came back to pick me along!!!

I will be mindful of my boy's feelings when he is older. Can't go to Zouk like before liao.

Mei and Storeberry - Hahaha.. I had a scopion (spelt wrongly), pork neck meat, shark bone soup.. accordingly, they are high in protein and calcium.. :p

Flos - The baby cot u are referring is it by the name of regina or some thing like that??

mickey (bbmouse) : I don't have HSBC card. Anyway, am sending the items to vpost, if drugstore cancels my order, then will do a refund as I do not want to deal with CGW. Heard enough about their bad service and they lost my friend's package. I don't mind if it's my own personal spree but for public spree, I rather not take the risk by using them ;)

storeberry: my PM function not on? I thought it's on. How to turn it on then?

<font color="119911">Flos (flos) - Yah, cheong choon is a tiny dusty shop in Chinatown. What I do is to gather a list of items I am looking to get &amp; their pricing, then ask the lady (Winnie) if she has that brand/model &amp; the pricing. I find her prices v competitive, &amp; the stocks are new from the supplier, so its okie. They deliver to the house in the evenings at no additional cost &amp; u can pay via cheque, so quite convenient. I just confirmed my car seat with her today - price wise, $480 vs. $599 at Robinsons/Kaki Bukit shop.
happy.gif
</font>

LC: whereabouts? Imperial Herbal Soup Restaurant? Scorpions are for males I thot?!!! Sharksfin is high in calcium and protein, but scorpion..

I think it's got a few models and Regina could be one of them. I like the NZ white one lah...esp with the mozzie net!! hehehe!

Big Toes? Today? What time? How come I didn't see you (based on your blog pic)?! Winnie is the bespectacled woman at the counter? She is very polite. Just that I need to itemise everything so that I can order one shot from her. Otherwise, just walking around the tiny shop doesn't help. Which Car seat did u get? Maxi-cosi or Britax?

<font color="119911">Mrs Yap (oneboyonegirl) - just went back &amp; saw ur earlier posting. My Combi is the miracle turn (model no. (TJT350) - list price $498, 6.1kg in orange/yellow color. Got this from Cheong Choon at about $460.

BFing in public - guess that is something i need to get used to...but most prob will bring formula milk out just incase. Need to get comfy with just BFing to begin with!
happy.gif
Heard so many horror stories about the pain/bleeding from BFing
sad.gif
</font>

i agree with I'l CY. It depends on sleep training. And no point spending excessive $ on cots/bedding/mattress (like i said yesterday, it will soil very easily).

My J miraculously slept thru the day he turned 3MO (10pm - 6am). Then he went to stay with grandma who attends to him with every slightest movement. So end up he wakes up frequently. Subsequently, he went to infantcare at 5 MO and went to bed around 7+pm (exhausted from all the activities). Somewhere between 7-10 mths, he woke up abt once every night (not for milk but becos he realised he's no longer on my bed). Finally, we decided he is old enough to break this bad habit. From 13 MO onward, I just left him to sleep on his own in his own room with lights off and aircon on. Nowadays, he will just sleep through cos he has learnt that daddy and mummy will ignore his cries. The trick for us is not to pick him up immediately when he cries. If he persists after 5 mins, then we attend to him (could be nightmare).

shazz: Swee! Swee!! I like blue and brown combi. Saw one MaClaren with those colours at BB Hyperstore. 2008 collection.

But surely one can order online? Aiyo, wonder if my bro knows where to locate the nearest Gap, man...

Flos (flos) - no lah, i didn't go down today. She called me back to confirm that the supplier has the model of the car seat in the color i wanted (midnight grey). This is the Britax Meridian. I went to their shop just once about 2 weeks back to order my stroller &amp; some other stuff which they delivered already (items in the pix in Facebook)

Flos: you can order Gap online, they accept international credit cards. Mail it to your brother's place if he's ok with it. The cost of shipping the bedding set using vPost will be darn high, so will be great if your brother can bring it back before your prince is out!

Big Toes: what is your facebook address again? Tks! OK, Britax is good I heard. I might hv to get Maxi-cosi if my hb concurs with me on getting quinny buzz (they sell it at $900+!) or bugaboo bee. I need my hb's consensus when he gets posted back next mth. got a feeling after all that research on funky and edgy strollers, i might just make do with a classic Maclaren that can carry bb until 25kg, as i was told. much ado abt nothing really...

shazz: he is staying at a hotel as he is on a biz trip until Fri nia...

one more thing, he is going to hv his princess in jul too...and not sure if i'm overloading him. his wife is rather buaysong when he is nice towards his sisters.

no hurry, as my sis is going to USA in Aug for 2 years as her hb is posted there. got chance to grab those stuffs in the future one.

Flos: Cheong Choon sells Quinny too if I rem correctly, hubby and I went there few weeks back but didnt get anything cos we didnt know how to shop there and from catalogues! It's a good place to place your order once you're shopped around, know what you want and just give Winnie the order.

My niece is using the McClaren Techno. Yes, they have new lovely colours now. Did you try out the STOKKE Xplory at Mothercare? ;)

Hi MTB,

<font color="ff0000">Sorry to barge in. I have a BN Similac MUM 700g for sale, collection @ AMK, expiry 2009</font>

Pls PM me if keen. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi SHazz: Managed to PM you liao! Don't know why just now can't.. Thanks yah? The GAP bedding is nice!! I also saw some not too bad ones at babyonline mall but shipping will be expensive so dropped the idea...

T_T (t_t) : welcome to the Sept thread. We have the same EDD! =) is this your first or 2nd baby? I'm praying for mine to be on time, dun come out early! hehe

l'l CY (lilboymum) : you want the bigger bottle or smaller bottle of gummies? can get the big one, then i just weigh against the no of tubes of cream. =) Think the big one on sale

shazz: "didnt know how to shop there" sums it all up. I think it was the heat this afternoon. Got quite giddy by the time I reached the shop...They provide good deliver service no doubt.

Nope, I was at Mothers Work when I saw STOKKE Xplory. I didn't try it cos I was focused on the Bugaboo Bee!

Oh yea, they sell great muslin swaddle cloths! Nearly bought half a dozen!!!

Feel like getting into the bedding business now. I Kee Seow liao
sad.gif

Flos (flos) - facebook addy: [email protected]

I like the bugaboo bee too, if nothing, cos of their cute name, but it is kinda bulky &amp; doesn't have storage space. The combi one folds neatly into 1/2, quite easy for me to handle even on my own.

Hi Shazz, transfer done.

To Account DBS Savings 001-0-062525
Amount S$32.08
Transaction Reference 7178
Date 13/05/2008
Time 20.57

Will PM you my details.

Thanks a lot!

flos
wow, you rem incidents when you were 2???i can never understand how kiddoes can know when their parents are going out
sad.gif
prob coz i was a blur kid lah...even earthquake i will also sleep through..

sleep regime ah, i follow segments from 'Baby wise'. this is a very controversial book.but i took their advice to regulate their daytime activities and nap time, and the nighttime routine will fall into place by 2-3mths...

not too sure about foam mattress. i think just as long as it's not too uncomfortable or cold/hot, the bb will get used to it and grow to sleep in it.

shazz..
will just get the smaller bottle first. c if my boy likes it coz he's on another multivit now...

Shazz

Done...interbank so will take a couple of working days...

Transfer Information
Reference No. 20080513396737
Date 13/05/2008 21:56
From Account Savings Account 525-4-025769
To Account shazz 0010062525

Amount SGD 8.73
Transfer Type Immediate

wow, seems like everyone's taking their bb shopping very seriously! i have a feeling i will just wait till the very last minute and buy whatever is available. suddenly feel like a man...:p

Flos.. heee.. yea.. its me the evil one who wants to put baby on the floor.. I got playpen and cot hand me downs lar.. but i felt its easier to have baby just next to me... our mattress is on platform.. but again, we'll see how things turn out... maybe i'll sim tia to see baby slping on the floor when the time comes.. I actually tot of buying nice nice comforter set and mattress to lay on the floor.. kekeke.. but might be a bad decision lar..

talking abt going out, do u ladies still go out late into the night like partying and stuff?
I still go to one of the ktv at st james occasionally leh. But 2 sats ago, i told my DH that i'm stopping liao. Even though we were in a room and no one's smoking and all, I still find the music too loud and my frens too rowdy! hahaa.. maternal instincts kicking in.. and i don want my baby to get too used to my frens' singing.. ahhahaha...

Hi shazz,
Thanks! It's my first bb. I hope to be on the actual date too. Which hospital are you going to? =)

Seems that many of you have already bought many things. I have not done much shopping yet but only clothes... another 4 months more. Will go to the Isetan sales this Thursday to do the shopping!

Nick : Crayonshinchan

Item 1: Desitin Fresh Scent – Hypoallergenic $4.69
Qty: 1

Item 2: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
Qty: 1

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 2) = $9.38
Amt Payable (S$): 9.38 x 1.41 = S$13.23
Collect Mode: Registered Mail
Payment mode: Via internet banking

shaz, will transfer to u in a while ;-)

xuanting: u r not alone. I'm expecting a container of stuffs (bot over the last 4.5yrs overseas) to arrive from Shanghai as my hb is transferring back. I'm flying up on Sat to throw some of my personal effects to lighten the cargo weight. That is why I dun dare to order my cot and strollers yet, for fear they will be dirtied by those dusty boxes.

crayon, oh, u ah?! kkeke! platform bed, so same level lah. OK, but why dun u let bb sleep in the hand me down cot? U need to have some form of cordon right? otherwise, ur bb might roll over and when it's able to stand up, how? stagger towards papa and mama?

I think u shd stop going to st james. The bb can hear those loud music. u shd not stay up so late as well lah...wait next time bb also become nite owl like u...

Bigtoes: noted. tks!

crayonshinchan
My mattress is also on a platform, so no bed frame. But I'm still getting a cot for baby, for peace of mind. The cot I'm getting can be converted into a toddler bed in future so when I move to my own place next year, I intend to let my baby sleep alone in his room.

On going out, I still go out almost everyday &amp; reach home around 9pm+ everyday. On weekends, I stay up till until 1am or so.. just last saturday, I slept at 3am! Just that I don't go to ktvs or clubs anymore.. just hang out late on weekends, going to movies or out for late supper &amp; drinks (non-alcoholic of coz). I'm not the stay home type, so used to being out &amp; about. That's why I think I'll really go crazy during my confinement when I am 'imprisoned' at home... lol.

i'm also going to let bb sleep alone in his room so that my sleep training can work. i'll buy a monitor and learn to decipher the diff types of cries. sometimes, cannot pamper bb by rushing asap to attend to bb once u hear him/her cry.

sigh, my hb is with his boss &amp; dept colleagues at a SH KTV now. He wants bb to learn how to sing KTV like daddy next time. aiyo...i hope i dun need to go to KTV this weekend...i can't sing for nuts.

Mei: u r strong...3am? I must get my beauty sleep by 12.30am these days. *YAWN*

welcome TT!

Flos, did i read wrongly?? *rubs eyes* did I see a CONTAINER of stuff??

aiya.. the cot cannot be plced next to my mattress mah.. cos of the platform.. so must put at the end of the platform. Cannot see baby as and when I like... need to get up...ok.. thats how lazy I am.. ahahaha..

hahaa..first time mummy sure spoil son/daughter one lor.. So i think initially, i might be those mummy who will rush to baby asap when he cries.. haha..

Meie, u not bad leh.. everyday 9plus then get home. I am usually home in the weekends by late noon to evening time and I will nua all the way til 10plus.. but miraculously, i will be able to stay up til 1-2am on demand (for mj)! ahhaa...

I used to hate staying at home..but I think as I grow older, I prefer to stay at home more.. hee.. luckily HB like me.. most times we like to just watch dvd and surf net at home. Once in a while, we'll go hang out with frens at ktv/ have supper/ watch movies..

Very boring life! So nua that we've not been buying much stuff. hahaha..

Flos
I hardly sleep at 3am.. but that day I was so adamant on winning on my computer game that I played &amp; played without realising that it was 3am until I yawned until I teared... lol.

crayonshinchan
Actually I think the real reason why I dislike staying home now is because I'm staying with my in-laws.. lol. When I move out next year, I think I'll become more homely... hehe.

flos, one whole container of barang-barang? think u're going to have lots of fun unpacking! i imagine u will find lots of nice surprises which u've forgotten about in there.
happy.gif
in my case, i'm mainly a procrastinator. i'm also living in a rented room now so i don't have the space to store any extra items.

crayonshinchan, me too. i used to have to go out all the time; cannot stand being at home. but as years go by, i find myself getting lazier and lazier to go out.

mei, will u be near guthrie house when u move?

T_T (t_t): I'm delivering at Raffles Hospital. Dun worry about the list of things to get. If you need a list, I can email you.

crayonshinchan (crayonshinchan) : Kiddy Palace sells this tiny cot mattress thing that allows parents to let newborns sleep in and put them in the same bed as them, so that it gives the baby some form of protection. I can't recall the exact name or brand, but I think it's First Year or something like that. I think that's a better alternative then letting baby sleep on the floor.

<font color="119911">Mei (meie) - Oh, u are moving to 6th Avenue? Whereabouts is ur new place? I lived there for 10+ years as well - my parents' place is just off 6th Ave (one of the small dead end lanes opposite Guthrie House).
happy.gif
</font>

hahaa.so many pple staying/stayed in Sixth ave... my ILs were near there too.. at moonbeam terrace off holland road... tat was so convenient when goin to town. but now they've moved further up..outskirts of bukit timah.. so far from town..

meie and shazz, i read the review..it sounds good but like can only use for a short while as baby outgrows it quite fast leh... but its not that exp lar...

meie, i understand how u feel abt not staying at home when the in laws are there..haaa.. hb and I try to siam his parents too! Heng I only stay over during the wkends and in 2 separate apartments..else i'll go gila..

Bigtoes
The condo just opposite Guthrie House, Fifth Avenue Condo.. not a new apartment. We're taking over the place when the current tenant's rental expires next year. Btw, I love the briyani at the coffee shop just opposite.
happy.gif
What about you? I remember you stay somewhere in town right?

sly chua
I bought it from MotherCare. I think it costs $80+, can't remember the exact price as I bought it together with some other stuff. I know some other shops like The First Few Years sells it too.. not sure about Kiddy Palace though.

crayonshinchan
Yup, it's different.. no matter what, we won't feel at home lor.

Morning, Ladies

Anyone getting the pigeon bundle deal from Isetan @ $149? I am still hesitating of whether to go ahead or just the steam steriliser at Tangs @20% off bec the food warmer, my colleague is giving me hers and the baby starter kit, I wonder will I use their bottles since it is not Bisphenol-A Free.. aiya, i have lost all my wise decision making element since preggie and I am becoming clumsier and slow in my thinking..

Back