(2008/09) Sep 2008

recently duno what happen .. what i eat seem very fast out.
sad.gif

wondering isnt due to the food that my baby do not like or what
so scared that the vitamin or nutrients doesnt goes to my baby

Mei (meie) - hah okie, very near by. My parents are at the dead end of Lily Ave, have to enter thru Lemon Ave just opposite 5th Ave condo. Very convenient with Cold Storage Gourmet just across the street for u
happy.gif
I lived there since Secondary school till I got married, so pretty familiar with everything & yes - I love the Briyani rice stall as well. In fact, going to my mum's for dinner tonite & going to dahpao the rice for tomorrow!

Btw, are u renting the place or bought it over
happy.gif

mei n crayonshin,
same sentiments..at the moment i am staying w/in-laws till my new place is ready. The past 2 mths has been trying..test of patience i guess..
happy.gif

Bigtoes
Oh, I know Lemon Avenue.. always see it when I pass by.
happy.gif
We are taking over the place, not renting, so it'll be our permanent home. Oh gosh, just thinking of the briyani makes me crave for it.. lol.

bacon&egg
Yes, agree.. I find it difficult too.. way of doing things totally different.. I 'clashed' with my empress dowagess a couple of times already... hehe. When will your new place be ready?

Hi Shazzerlyn,

I have just transferred S$32.08 (this morning, 14 May, 10.30am) to your DBS account. Will PM you on my contact and email. Below is my order for your reference:

Nick : Bacon&Egg

Item 1: Desitin Fresh Scent – Hypoallergenic $4.69
Qty: 2

Item 2: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69

Item 3: First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste $3.99
Qty: 1

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 4) + 3.99 = $22.75
Amt Payable (S$): 22.75 x 1.41 = S$32.08
Collect Mode: Registered Mail
Payment mode: Via internet banking (Paid)

Shazz and mums joining the drugstore spree: There's another item to get for the spree leh. Palmers Cocoa Butter Anti Stretchmark Cream. After shipping cost, the price is still abt half what we have to pay here in SG.
happy.gif

I have an extra tube to let go in case anyone wants to take over. Ordered extra for my previous spree.

mei,
my MIL is nice but my FIL another story..alot of restrictions..
happy.gif
My new place should be ready by mid/end June. I cant wait..
happy.gif

U guys staying along bt timah road..do you know one v good place that serve curry fish head? near to serene centre i think...

LC, i will be getting the pigeon steriliser bundle deal from Isetan cos of the food warmer. not really into the baby starter kit as i will be using other brand of bottle. if your colleague is giving you the food warmer and starter kit then you just need to get the steriliser will do.
happy.gif

does anyone knows if medela PIS or avent isis iq duo breastpump is better?

i see alot of people getting the medela one but i can't decide which one to get. been thinking alot about breastpumps lately till i dreamt of expressing breast milk last night. felt so real but very funny cos in the dream one side got very little milk then the other side got so much.

Jessi: Your question is very tough. Unless the mummy has used both types of breastpumps before, it's not possible to give a fair comparison. ;) Re your dream, it's common to have one breast produce more milk than the other. And it's not uncommon for both breasts to be slightly different size after breastfeeding.

Bacon: Is there curry fish head at Serene Centre?

Hi Jessi, I read from another thread that Ameda electric Breastpump is not too bad either & its selling fro about $300++ or $350, less than half of Medela PIS! I am going to search for more info on that...

LC: I am lazy to go Isetan sale leh & I think my memebership expire already.. Think I will wait for GSS or will get my friend to buy for me as gift.. Kekek.. :p

mickey, are u using the medela one? check with you if it's totally running from electric, can it be unplug from the motor and use it manually? oic! hehehe.. i didn't know that it's common for one side with produce more milk than the other.

storeberry, i also saw the Ameda one but don't know if it's as portable as the Medela one. can let me know if you manage to find more info on the ameda pump?
happy.gif

Jessi: Yah, used the PIS advanced with #1 and will be using it again this time. There is a very simple manual pump that comes with the PIS advanced package. But it is so simple I don't even know how to fix it up. For the PIS, the motor runs on either electricity or batteries.

bacon&egg
That's not too bad.. just need to be patient for one more month & you can move out already.

Where's the curry fish head place? I don't know any near Serene Centre.. I only go to Serene Centre for the lovely ice cream at Island Creamery only.

Meie... hahaa, u call urs empress dowager..LOL.. we call my MIL MATRIACH!!!hahahaha...cos i am the empress dowager... my poor hb owas says he gets bullied by 2 "strong" women...

Bacon, when u getting ur own plce?

There's a samy's curry / muthu's curry along dempsey road rite? owas wanted to try but nv got to try..

YEAH!! i am getting back my own little flat in pasir ris in SIX days.. after a bit of reno, we'll be good to move in..all alone without the ILS.. yeah!

crayon
Mine really like Empress Dowagess lor! I am also a 'strong' woman.. that's why always clash with dowagess coz I don't listen to her & give in to her ridiculous antics one.. haha.

The samy curry at Dempsey not nice one.. for good indian food (north as well as south) go to upper bukit timah, that stretch of eateries.. Al Azhar.. good stuff at cheap prices. I always go there for their naan, tandoori chicken & keema.

Pasir Ris & Bukit Timah, far away from the in-laws!

Ladies... check with u all
Lets say if i get my pram from Kiddy palace or even Cheong Choon. If I damage the canopy or misplace the sling in future, where can i get the replacement parts from? Will they sell? Thanks Thanks

Flos, Thanks!

Shazz, Oh then won't be able to meet on the day. I got the list but haven't start shopping only. =p Oh ya, want to join in spree too! Later post my order and payment transfer! =D

hi, just to check what is the role of confinement lady besides taking care of mummy n baby. Do they do cleaning, marketing etc?? And hw do they take care of mummy?

tks!

<font color="119911">Mrs Yap (oneboyonegirl) - I got our pram from Cheong Choon, but they said Combi doesn't come with a warranty (which i found quite strange - not sure if that is true? Some brands do come with warranties, so that might influence ur brand decision). So yah, no idea if we can get replacement parts easily. Have to just assume the pram won't spoil &amp; worry about that when the time comes I guess.

MIL
My MIL is pretty laid back, so I am okie with her...but my hubby calls my mum the "empress dowager" as well!

Precious (myprecious) - don't think the CL's task includes cleaning the place. Maybe some might be nice enough to help us sweep/mop the floor abit &amp; of cos clean up the kitchen after use, but that is about it i think. As for marketing, i guess most would be okie to go with the hubby to get the ingredients (rather than sending him out alone &amp; coming back with the wrong items!)</font>

Bigtoes, tks. coz i thought they oso do cleaning. The one i ask say we hv to do our own marketing.. mayb i shld ask her whether can go with hubby, as what u say what if he got the wrong items?
happy.gif

mei &amp; mickey,
hmm not sure how near is the curry fish head place to serene ctr...maybe v far..vague impression..there is a jap restaurant opp this fish head eatery..next door there is a chix rice shop. the fish head place also sell v good wu xiang, pig trotters...all in a set. any idea?

Medela pump
which is better? the electrical or the manual version? would it be v painful if it runs on electricity (more powerful)? U reckon most nursing room will come with elect supply to plug in?

Precious
I think what CL does depends on CL, that's why u must speak to them before confirming, esp if you are fussy or need extra help etc. Some do cleaning of house, some will just clean up after themselves when they cook...some will not even work if there is no maid in the house to clean up!

Some will also massage baby, take care of older child etc...basically make it easier for mums...see this webpage for an agency where ther are quite a few reviews,...the mums actually say what the CLs did for them in some reviews.

http://www.blissconfinement.page.tl/Nannies.htm?PHPSESSID=c9e214ee01577ee6ce6ba59e544ffe8a

Taking care of mujm, from what i know, it involves preparing the herbal bath water, preparing the food and drinks for her and some even massage or advise if bfing mums experiencing blocked ducts etc...

bacon&amp;egg,

i recommend electrical one. By the way, u can adjust the setting even for electrical ones (at least for PIS). I don't use the pump in nursing room outside (other than in my own office which does hv electrical supply). Just latch the bb or time your outing appropriately!

mei, i'm nearby too, on the other side of the main road nearer to the coffeeshop. will be back there by sep, hopefully. is your place also under renovation now?

List of baby things to get, some are optional, some we don't need to buy now till later on, eg high chair.

Sleep
Cot
Mattress
Waterproof Mattress Protector
Pillow
Bolster
Bedsheet Set (2)
Playpen
Baby Monitor
Bean pillow (cooling)
Waterproof sheet
Blanket
Cot Mobile

/b {Change}
Diapers
Diaper Liners
Diaper Covers
Wipes
Changing Mat
Rash Cream
Cotton Balls/Cotton wool/pads
Bowl

Bath
Bathtub
Towels (Bath)
Towels (Face)
Toothbrush
Top to Toe Wash (Johnsons)
Baby Lotion
Comb/ Brush
Anti-slip/Bath Support
Cotton balls
Cotton buds

Feed
High chair
Food warmer
Bottles
Breast Pump
Wipes for pump
Bowls
Spoons
Tongs
Bibs
Milk powder (small)
Teats (s, m, l)
Brush for cleaning bottles
Nipple cream
Nursing bras
Nursing pads
Nursing Tops
Breastmilk storage
Fridge to Go
Sterilizer (Avent IQ Express)
Nursing Pillow
Detergent for cleaning bottles

Travel
Pram
Car seat
Carry sling (Baby Bjorn)
Diaper Bag
Clip Fan
Pram Protective Layer
Car Sunshade
Head /Neck Support Cushion
Car Seater Protector

Others
Pajamas
Day clothings
Mittens
Bootees
Small towels/ handkerchiefs)
Receiving blankets
Caps
Clothes detergent
Clothes softener
Nail clipper
Nose pump
Baby tweezer
ru(2) yi(4) you(2), gripe water
Bouncer
Clothes rack
Cot organizer
Waterproof Mattress Protector

mei, the bryani is not bad but you've missed the v nice coffeeshop stall that moved away last year!

bigtoes, remember the "my bonnie" coffeeshop?

Nick : Qiuling

Item 1: Desitin Fresh Scent – Hypoallergenic $4.69

Item 2: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
Qty: 3

Item 3: First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste $3.99
Qty: 3

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 5)+(3.99 x 3) = $35.42
Amt Payable (S$): 35.42x 1.41 = S$49.95
Collect Mode: Normal Mail
Payment mode: Via internet banking

my list is non-exhaustive, feel free to add! =)

Re: Spree Payment Received
14 May 2008 ITR I-BANK BaconEgg S$32.08
13 May 2008 ATR Mei S$32.08
13 May 2008 ITR I-BANK storeberry S$32.08
13 May 2008 ITR I-BANK Milky S$32.08
13 May 2008 ITR I-BANK Ava S$26.45

Spree will close with another US$63.50 worth of order

Bacon: Expressing is not an easy task, and I'm glad I chose a good electric pump to assist me through it. When you're using outside nursing room (other than the office), you'll most prob have your baby with you, then he can become your pump! Kekeke.. My nursing room in the office has the electric socket to plug in, you have to check if your have it.

xuanting (xuanting) - yes, bonnie was there for ages, but i don't usually go to bonnie...Like Annie's (the bryiani coffee shop) more - the zhi char &amp; chinese rojak there is okie as well
happy.gif

Ava (avalyn) - some CL won't work without a maid? wow, i need to check with mine. My mum's friend booked on my behalf, &amp; i haven't even spoken to her! Better check cos i don't intend to get a live in maid.

mickey n lok,
okie..thanks for feedback..electrical it shall be
happy.gif

CL
i think most CL only do light housework like sweeping/mopping the floor and some washing of the mommy and bb's clothings. Some only cook for the mommy. In any case, i dont want to tire the CL too much as i hope she can wake up at wee hours to help me with the bb's feedings.

xuanting
Hello, future neighbour! Maybe next time we can go for coffee at Coffee Bean with our tots.
happy.gif
My place is currently rented out to a tenant &amp; I'll move over when their tenancy expires next year.

shazz
Thanks for organising this spree!
happy.gif

Beansprout Pillows
I have been looking for this at a few Kiddy Palace outlets but they don't have it. Anywhere else I can purchase this?

Bigtoes
Thanks for the link on beansprout pillow. Oh.. it's pretty nice, I've seen some with hideous pillow covers &amp; they look awful. They even customise with baby's name! I'll most likely order from them! Thanks a lot! My mum told me it's good to prevent baby from getting a shock when it's placed on his chest.

I would also like to check with you as I know you have decided.. for cord blood banking, which company are you going to bank with? Can you share with me your reasons for banking with the particular company? Most appreciated.

Mei (meie) - yes, am going with CordLife cos they are the only ones accredited with the international cord banking association. They mentioned that their collection method is 'closed' vs. open for StemCord, &amp; hence holds a lower risk of contamination. Also has a longer history compared to StemCord, and not much price differential anyways. I signed up for the TMC FBI card precisely cos they have a discount off CordLife. Think if u get an existing member to refer, there is an additional $50 off for both parties.

Any mummies know whether TMC got provide a small bag of toothbrush,toothpaste, comb and a packet of pampers and wet tissues? And what else do they provide?

crayon/xuanting: I think I've 50 cartons easily? I bot a lot of clothes, bags and shoes when abroad due to the 4 seasons!! I also hv many appliances, furniture, pirated DVDs, books, kitchen utensils, and travel souvenirs.

Are you not working anymore? How come u can wake up at 9am?!! lucky mom!!

Mei: What game were u playing Second Life? Wii? kkekeke!! I am not addicted to computer games. I only watch SCV...

Am just wondering...what if I dun hv any breast milk? Then wouldn't it be a waste if I purchase the Medela PIS advanced pump beforehand? Anyone with that problem?

shazz, i'm soooo sorry..i log out of my IB before I copied the reference number and all.. Can you check if you've received?

Time : around 310pm
Date : 14 May
Amt $13.25

Back