(2008/09) Sep 2008

Big Toes: Yes, there're SGmoms who BF in public, and I've seen before lah!

"Public" meaning a space and/or situation where persons other than your hb and children (if any) are present. E.g. Dining at friends' house, you bare your breasts and let bb suckle. That's "public" IMO. Or in a roomful of BF moms in a public nursery corner also considered "public". Or perhaps inside a car when other motorists at a traffic junction can see you BF.

I supposed most moms would wait till newborn is big and old enuff to bring them out to the public? Else really really 'raw' and NEWborn bbs shouldn't be exposed to the hot weather and bacteria outside frequently, should they? I also dunno!!! keke!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just another warped theory I got is, moms who still look like prima-donnas after childbirth (meaning those who recover their "virginal" pre-pregnancy figure with great firm boobs) tend to attract unwanted attention from gawking and ogling males in public, as compared to those who have become mumsy and matronly in appearance!!! Who wants to look at a mumsy mom BF-ing in public? To some males, it might even be revolting leh...

Lilboymum: I vaguely rem seeing CB products at Kids21 Paragon and Isetan Scotts. Just pop by if you're at Orchard, I can't be too sure!!

Shazz: Was at Mothers Work last nite and saw your STOKKE stuffs! I was playing with Bugaboo and Quinny, and swopping the MaxiCosi Cabriofix around. Noticed the basket space below Bugaboo Bee is really limited and the handle doesn't allow me to hang my grocery bag nor diaper bag. My shoulders would absolutely break man! If I tuck the bags beneath on the basket, the water flask will not stay upright. And Bugaboo Cameleon is super bulky and heavy. Can't go up and down the escalator. It's tough to collapse the pram. There is another flaw: no "footstep" for baby's legs to rest on. When bb is reaching 17kgs (max wt for Bugaboo Bee), his legs will dangle from the seat. Aiyo...so uncomfortable...

Conclusion: Might consider Quinny or MaClaren now. Sian...

Mothers Work bedding sets are also not to my liking
sad.gif

bacon&eggs: what do u mean non-liftable side railing cot? Thot all are liftable?

Brown spots: I'd wanted to ask u all, if you got brown bumps that feel like milia seeds around your neck? I have seen brown pigmentation on my pregnany colleagues' necks before and thot they are really unsightly. Before pregnancy, I use clarins super restrorative neck /decollete gel. Now, I just use Olay. I wonder if it's the oil from Olay that's creating those "milia seeds". I tried to puncture the seeds, but sad to say, they are not easily ruptured.

bacon&egg
I ordered my cot from Mothercare, the model is called St Ives.

shazz
Yippee! Let me know how you want us to place our order.
happy.gif

Flos
My exact same reasons for not choosing the Bugaboo Bee in the end. Consider the Quinny Buzz. It also does not have anything for me to hang my bag from the handle but I figure I can get a hook to hook onto the handlebars. Anyway, Kate Spade diaper bags comes with special hooks so you don't need to hang them from the handles of the bag.

Brown spots
I guess we need to slather sunblock on our necks too to prevent pigmentation.

Desitin & First Teeth Spree from www.drugstore.com, brought to you by shazzerlyn.

<b>Spree is only for mummies in this thread </b>
Exchange Rate: Tagged at 1.41, actual exchange rate to be advised upon receiving credit card statement. Additional amount will be collected later for payment of shipping and local postage.

Spree will be capped at a max of US$250 to avoid paying 7% GST, orders will be taken in on a first come first served basis.

Payment: Please make all payment to DBS Savings 0010062525. For those using IB, pls indicate your nick. For those doing it at the ATM, pls indicate TIME, DATE, REFERENCE NUMBER. Please PM me your contact number &amp; email address after payment!

Shipping: Free shipping within US with $49 and above purchase. Items will be sent to vPost USA account. vPost charges to be divided by the total number of items ordered. Any GST incurred will be calculated based on item value.

Collection: Weekday at Bugis Junction Office Tower Lobby (10am to 5pm) or via mail, registered and normal, envelope and postage payable by participants

Items for spree:

Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=10751&amp;catid=26911&amp;trx=GFI-0-RVP-12030&amp;trxp1=26911&amp;trxp2=10751&amp;trxp3=1&amp;trxp4=1&amp;btrx=BUY-GFI-0-RVP-12030

Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment, Creamy, Fresh Scent $4.69
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=10747&amp;catid=19465&amp;trx=GFI-0-EVGR-49973&amp;trxp1=10782&amp;trxp2=10747&amp;trxp3=1&amp;trxp4=2&amp;btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-49973

First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste $3.99
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=76317&amp;catid=12030&amp;trx=CRT-PLST&amp;trxp1=17008&amp;trxp2=76317

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly use this format:

NICK: shazzerlyn
Item 1: Desitin Fresh Scent – Hypoallergenic $4.69
Qty: 2

Item 2: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
Qty: 1

Item 3: First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste $3.99

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 3) + 3.99 = $18.06
Amt Payable (S$): 18.06 x 1.41 = S$25.50
Collect Mode: Mail
Payment mode: By Internet banking

Shazz: You may want to keep the total amount of the spree lower. $280 is a bit risky. Usually organisers stop at $220 or thereabouts..

l'l CY (lilboymum) : I can take in your request for the multi-vits if they are not too big and heavy, cos I want to keep the spree simple for shipping calculation purpose, easier if we order items that are about the same size and weight.

Thanks Shazz for the helpful info.

Flo, I think I have those small brown milia seeds like you do. It grows ard my neck and is quite unslightly..i couldnt scrub them away. Trying to remove them by hand is little painful. I dont know what to do with them..guess gotta wait till birth to laser them off? or they will go away by themselves?

mei,
I am also considering St Ives (i like the look) but the only drawback is that the side cannot be lifted down to give easy access to baby..thats y i am considering Newbury. Can you share why you chose st ives? which type of mattress did you buy? foam or spring coil?

flo, st ives' sides are not liftable unless you change the cot to a cot bed later. newbury has a one-side liftable side to allow you to access to your baby without bending down too much. Both models can be converted to a cot bed later.

mrs yap,
st ives is $597 (about there)..without mattress.
Newbury is also the same price just 1 dollar less or more. mei, correct me if wrong.

nick : Mei

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 4) + 3.99 = $22.75
Amt Payable (S$): 22.75 x 1.41 = S$32.08
Collect Mode: Self-collection at Bugis
Payment mode: Via ATM (I don't have a DBS account, so tonight I'll transfer using my hubby's DBS ATM ok?)

bacon&amp;eggs: OIC, so better get the newbury one. Liftable is better IMHO...

I also tried to scrub the brown seeds off but to no avail...

I'm falling sick again I suspect, cos that Mothers Work salesgirl was coughing when she demo the strollers and joggers to me. I need the sick bay...

mickey (bbmouse) : thanks for the suggestion. Have changed it to US$250. I usually cap at US$280 for my sprees on other forums and so far it's ok. But will use $250 cos US$ rate is about 1.41 now, my last spree was 1.40 a week ago.

Take care &amp; rest well alabone. Don't step out of your bed unneccessary yah?
happy.gif

Bigtoes: MY fren BF in public using a nursing wrap, she even BF while we are eating in a restaurant! But I am not sure how to do it without exposing yourself.. Keke.. Must ask her for the "qiao men".

Shazz or any mummies who know: Desitin normal or creamy is better? I always get confused by this two.. Keke

I have no idea so I'm getting both to try out! hehe, but I suspect I'll like the scented one more than the original. ;P sorry, not much of a help! maybe other mummies can help

MrsYap
St Ives costs $576, but I made use of the Amex 15% discount promo, so I paid $489 for it.

bacon&amp;egg
I chose St Ives coz I prefer the look. Newbury is more bulky-looking. I have not purchased the mattress from Mothercare as I found the price of their mattress rather steep, at the range of $280 to $360. I have been looking around but none of the mattresses sold outside fits the size of the Mothercare cot, so I guess I will purchase the mattress from Mothercare in the end.

NICK: Ava (Avalyn)

Total Amt (US$): (4.69 x 4) = $18.76
Amt Payable (S$): 18.76 x 1.41 = S$26.45
Collect Mode: Self collect (bugis)
Payment mode: By Internet banking

the Two Desitins
I have not tried creamy, so am trying it this time. looking at the product info however, it seems to have less zinc oxide (active ingredient) than the original, so am getting the original still...despite the fishier smell...in case of more severe rashes. I used the original formula for adan and he had NO rashes at all...amazing stuff!

Ok thanks Shazz &amp; Ava for your replies! Shall order both! Kekek

nick : storeberry

Payment mode: Via internet banking

(Will transfer later cos going out now! Thanks shazz!)

bfg in public
can can. ive done it in jap restaurants,in cabs, in cafetarias...no stares at all leh...

easy to nurse when you have a sling, but i still cant get hold of how to nurse while shopping!!!
happy.gif

shazz
the multivit i want super big bottle. think i'll pass then
happy.gif

unless you can take this smaller one???

Item 1: L'il Critters Gummy Vites Kids Multivitamin $6.19

Amt Payable (S$): 6.19 x 1.41 = S$8.73

desitin
creamy less thick than original (but still thick lah, cf calendular). the first time i used original i was shocked! so thick to slather on!!!

oringial i think should be used for more severe rash.coz it dries up the area reali good, creamy just normal use loh...

bacon&amp;egg (baconegg) &amp; flos: the brown thing is called a skin tag. It may go away after delivery, if not have to laser it off.

Am heading out of office soon, so please help me close the spree once it hits US$250. Thanks!

nick: Milky

Collect Mode: Self-collection @Bugis
Payment mode: By internet banking

Hi Shazz,

TT done.

To Account DBS Savings Plus
001-0-062525 Shazz
Amount S$32.08
Transaction Reference 1706278626

Tks!

l'l CY (lilboymum): they didnt state the weight of the multi-vits. But if you don't mind, I can weigh it and count it against the no of units of the creams to evenly distribute the cost of the shipping. What do you think? Eg: if the weight is equivalent to 3 tubes of cream, then the shipping is x 3 units.

Dear all,

I'm also a Sep mom and has been a silent reader in this thread since my 2mths. Really got lots of juicy info to learn here. Hee hee. Decided to join in to chat with you gals.

My BB is a gal, EDD is 09 Sep, still haven't decide to take TMC or Mt A, what name to give.
So many things to think and buy, but it's fun!

Nick : Bacon&amp;Egg

Collect Mode: Registered Mail
Payment mode: Via internet banking

Will transfer money tonight and send you my contact no. and email too. Thanks Shazzerlyn.
happy.gif

No one keen on the breasfeeding spree isit? Then I will join the overseas spree.. Hee hee... I'm quite a kan cheong spider.. Want to have everything prepared..

Dear mummies,

Can I check if you all know if I sign up for the TMC pre-natal class, it will be at the AMK huh or at the TMC itself, mentioned by BigToes?
Thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Hi T T,

Welcome to this thread!! FYI, TMC's pre-natal classes are all held at AMK hub now.. no longer at TMC le..
happy.gif
</font>

bacon&amp;egg
The St Ives cot mattress size is 140cm x 70cm, babysafe has one that is 142cm x 70cm. I called Babysafe to enquire &amp; the lady told me that it can fit, as 2cm is not very significant. It costs $199 so can consider also.

Me and my hubby are looking at 3-wheels stroller.. wonder Anyone getting Capella Prism Sense stroller?? or any feedback on this?

Desitin Nappy Cream:
Sharing my experience again. I think CREAMY is much better than the original one. If u go to any PD clinic, they will prescribe CREAMY. It is much easier to apply and smells better.

And honestly, u don't want too much zinc oxide on delicate bb skin.

mummies,

Just to share my experience with my elder gal, when she still unborn, I brought the desitin nappy cream (creamy) for her, but after I started using on her, it develop red rashes and doctor say she's allergic to the cream, in the end I have to use cheaper nappy cream, drapolene instead. Had to sell away the desitin cos only used less than five times... so it really depends on yr baby's skin.

yvonne,

I personally think 3-wheels stroller not very good esp getting up or down the escalator, prefer a 4-wheels instead. I do find Peg Perego strollers are very steady...

mei,
did you also consider newbury or other models at mothercare? I am in deciding stage..cant make up my mind whether i want the liftable function.

Shazz: Do you have a HSBC credit card? There's a joint promo between HSBC/CWG and drugstore. If you pay using a HSBC credit card, will get 10% rebate.
happy.gif
That's what I got last time.
happy.gif

bacon&amp;egg
I like white cots, hence I was considering between Newbury &amp; St Ives but I don't prefer the design of Newbury, the side panels seems bulky. Actually the factor of the side lifting function did not occur to me.

Hi mummies,

Congrats on your pregnancy!! Sorry to interrupt.

I have an infant capsule to give away. It was given to me as a gift and I have used it a couple of times. Don't intend to sell it 2nd hand but would like to give it away to somebody who needs it. Self collection at my place in Katong.

I also have a <font color="ff0000">BRAND NEW</font> Maclaren Techno XT (grey) to sell at 30% discount from retail price

Interested pls PM me. Thanks!

what a hot weather today!

Big Toes: I went to Cheong Choon just now. The shop is small and quite cramped. I was pretty lost inside and didn't know how to browse and where to start from. I suppose I need to have a shopping list so that I can place my orders with her and get them to deliver to my house.

The Avent IQ24 is $160 all year round. Medela PIS is $660.

Bacon&amp;eggs: So in the end, you're getting St Ives or Newbury? I saw the round Stokke cot last nite at Mothers Work. Really odd shape, boy...

Does Babysafe have Spring coil mattresses? I don't want to foam mattresses.

Disappointed that I can't find my bedding still...pek chek...

Hi, Ladies

just managed to log in and the postings are running fast. had an "exotic" lunch..

BABY COT - anyone got a baby cot fr Kiddy palace? I feel the liftable one is better.. and I saw a couple of them fr Kiddy palace, robinson and BHG. they have those adjustable heights one with side liftable. I will need to get one that can be converted to a low lying bed when baby become a toddler.

Flos
MotherCare ones are nice, I'm getting mine from there. I agree with you.. the bedding sets in S'pore are so limited &amp; boring!

LC
What exotic lunch did you have? *kaypoh*

Back