(2008/09) Sep 2008

flos, i think better to rent if you're unsure about the breastmilk. keep seeing ppl trying to sell off theirs cos not suitable etc. i'm going to rent from the hosp to try out first.

mei, u moving over during the early part of the year?

Flos (flos) - yah, xuanting (xuanting) is right. Maybe not a good idea to spend $600+ for the PIS and not end up using it. Can ask around to borrow from relatives or colleagues & just invest in some replacement parts. I heard that even Medela's distributor here does rental, maybe u want to check that out?

bacon&egg (baconegg) - the tenure for the bloodbanking is 18 years, thereafter u can transfer to your kid's name (their responsibility to continue payment or stop storage). Pricings are available at the StemCord/CordLife websites.

Hi Shazz,
Can you pls add in my order... hope i'm not too late.. tys

Item 1: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
Qty: 2

Total: US$9.38 x $1.41 = SG$13.23

Collection: Mail
Payment: IB DBS Savings 0010062525
Shazz Transfer: 1708110646 DAte: 14 May 2008

Flos
50 cartons! That's a whole load of stuff!

I was playing games on www.viwawa.com, super addicted.. lol. I used to be crazy over Wii & played a lot with my hubby. But now cannot jump & pounce around with the Wii remote already.. lol.

xuanting
Should be mid year.

bigtoes,

I thot the tenure is 21 years. That's the legal adult age for Singapore. Cordlife package is for 21 years.

bacon&egg,

I will bank with Cordlife. Accredited and also discount with TMC SBI card.

mei,
Viwawa is very addictive one.. kekeke.. so i dun really dare to go in too much.. later spend alot time playing.. wat did u play inside?? big 2 or mj?? lol

Lok (lok) - apologies - should be 21 years.
happy.gif
I haven't asked them to come see me for the detailed explanation yet, so can't really recall offhand.

Hi Shazz,

Here's my order ;)

Nick : T_T
Item 1: Desitin Fresh Scent – Hypoallergenic $4.69
Qty: 1

Item 2: Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment $4.69
Qty: 1

Total Amt (US$): 4.69 x 2 = $9.38
Amt Payable (S$): 9.38 x 1.41 = S$13.25
Collect Mode: Normal Mail
Payment mode: Via internet banking

I will transfer you tonight ok because I left my token at home.

Thanks so much!

flos
actually hor very rare to 'not have enough milk'. most of the time this is due to insuffucicient opportunity to latch bb on or bad latching so bb cannot drain the milk sufficiently. a visit to LC will be better than giving up bfg.

as for breast pumps, it is ok to wait a bit then buy. or buy a cheaper one first. use it before you establish your milk ss (this is important if you are hving a CL who will do the night feeds...)

then when you are confident, get one ex one before returning to work...

Qiuling: Have u called to check if you hb is ok in SH?

Shazz: your list is really helpful to me. Now I know what to show to my hb;)

xuanting: rent a pump? is that hygienic?!!

bigtoes: left u a msg on FB. pls check
happy.gif

lilboymum: but so many of my friends have little or no BM. So once we deliver, we'll lactate profusely? I can't imagine turning into a 'cow'!!!

Mei: sushido? I'm not familiar with that either
happy.gif

Island Creamery. Teh Tarik and Burbur Hitam are my fav... YUMS!!

<font color="119911">Flos (flos) - i think most people who don't have sufficient BM is cos they were not persistent enough in BFing, and stopped due to the pain or cos the baby didn't latch on properly. Experienced mommies, is that right?
Am more concerned that i 'leak' instead....we do need to express every 2-3 hours right? What if i am in the middle of a meeting or at a client's premises, can't possibly excuse myself to express for 20 minutes! What happens then?Anyway, it is all very weird to 1st time mommies associating the breast with being something functional...

Oh, i love island cremery as well - but 'banned' by hubby from getting the teh tarik one cos of caffaine...love their bubur hitam as well
happy.gif
</font>

momoko
No lah.. not saying you're a gambler.. but I don't know how to play mahjong &amp; I suck at card games.. so I become sushi chef, get recipes &amp; serve customers.. lol.

Flos
Go try.. you may become addicted too!
happy.gif

Island Creamery
I love Teh Tarik, Nutella, Blackforest &amp; Apple Pie! I indulge once a week.. hehe.

hahaha.. no worries mei.. just joking with u..
long quited gambling... ehh.. at least for some time lah.. :p

Breastpump,
or maybe can try to order online like wat we have discuss before.. i'm only planning to do it later when closer to the time.. to order online..
happy.gif

bigtoes: ahhh, as i am typing now, i'm sipping Teh Tarik...sinful. It's my second cup today!! bad bad mama

I agree with the part about rushing to the nursery room to express the BM. I am still not decided if I want to grab that Medela PIS or not. Looks really impressive.

Hey, did u get a set of the honey-yellow Pooh bedding set from Mothercare? I see from your FB album you've got one already. But I think Mothercare's one is really very nice;) I'm thinking of grabbing one...

Mei: I've tried Horlicks before too. I nearly bot the Blackforest at Great World City that day, but decided not to as it could only last me for 3 days.

Flos
added u to FB liao...at last can put a face to yr name hehe... chk wif u, no visa required for SH trip rite?? Cos my friend mentioned visa might be required, i dunno frm when but he mentioned during the Olympics?? Well, it'll be too late for me anyway cos my flight is tmr nite hehe.. did u secure yr bulk head seat yet?

ok, i see u. No need visa. U got your Fit to Travel cert yet? I checked the embassy website. It says until 1 Jul 08 still no need. 1 Jul till end of Olympics then the 15-day no-visa-waiver is suspended...

I'll hv to go there tomorrow to secure it, if i really want it. actually, my aisle seats are confirmed, so bulk or no bulk, it doesn't matter!

I hope I get to see the Olympic torch on 20 May in SH. Not sure if it's been distrupted by the Sichuan earthquarke...

<font color="119911">Flos (flos) - I bought 2 versions of the classic pooh bedding set - the yellow/beige one, and a yellow/blue version. Think might be the same as the ones u saw in Mothercare, cos i only know of 2 others in the series - a pink and a blue set, but too gender-specific &amp; i want to keep all our stuff gender-neutral.</font>

Flos
Milk won't come in for first 3-4 days so some people give up thinking no milk, then feed formula and don't continue latching/expressing, so then no demand = no supply and when milk comes in also not that much lah...plus some moms/MILs worry baby not getting enuf food (cos babies generally lose weight in first few days/weeks, esp for bfing babies) then force forumla feeding, which again brings down demand...blah blah vicious cycle

Flos: Added you on FB already. Wah... you have many photo albums! But v nice pics... So bb is kicking you all the time? Btw abt the China visa, do you mean that after the Olypmics, we don't have to apply for visa to enter China? Yeah! That is good news for me!

Welcome TT! How's it going with your pregnancy so far? Enjoying yourself?

CORDYCEPS: Anyone here taking this? How many dosages are you planning to take and how many liang have you bought? And how much did you pay per liang? I am buying one liang first. Think it costs about 600 per liang. That should be enough to see me through the rest of this pregnancy and I can make abt 6 brews from this. Planning to alternate this with other cheaper but effective tonic brews.

PAO SHEN: Anyone taking this too?

STEM CORD BANKING: Is anyone planning to donate instead of doing banking? Heard from my SIL that KK offers this donation system where it gives you access to stem cord blood later when you need it but doesn't guarantee that you will get back your own child's stem cord blood. However, no need to pay annual banking fees.

DIAPER RASH CREAM: Read from diapering websites that in the first month, should avoid applying diaper rash creams as bb bums are sensitive and there can be unwanted chemical build-up. Only apply if there is diaper rash. Is this info accurate? Can any mummies with experience advise?

CHEONG CHOON: I went around hunting and doing price comparisons. I realised that CC sells COMBI prams about 8 - 10% cheaper than even Tai Sing, which is supposedly COMBI's primary importer.

Mei: You can search Yahoo Auction for beansprouts pillow. Same as Bigtoes I also signed up for the TMC FBI card so will get from CordLife.

Mei, Koras &amp; Momoko: I played the Mahjong game &amp; sushido!! But now seldom login liao cos busy with work.

Sarahmay: My mum brew Pao Sheng or Pao Sheng with bird nest for me. Not get "Gong Chong chow" cos too ex liao! Kekek..

Shazz - I just received a mailer from drugstore that there is 20% off everything, but until 16 May midnite at USA time only.

Sarah: Cordyceps is very very good. Shd buy and take. The price has been increasing over the yrs as well. We bot in bulk 2 yrs back for my last pregnancy and last year again. Each time we spent more than 10k.

Hi Shazz,

I've transfer the payment to you via Internet Banking for my order.

Thanks for organising =)

Nick: T_T
To Account DBS Savings Plus
001-0-062525 Shazz
Amount S$13.25
Transaction Reference 1708452744
Time: 14 May, 8.34PM

Bigtoes:I didn't see the Mothercare one in your photo leh... might get the blue and the yellow one. Otherwise, just pop by The first few years and grab the boy's one lah. So limited...

Ava: Familiar meh? My face's never changed since JC. Dun tell me I know u and u know me...hmm...

Tks for the info. I think I'll try my best to BF. How's your shopping so far?

SarahMay: hehe! cos I'm an avid photographer. I dun take pics of myself though.

About CHinese visa: since '04 (i think) Singaporeans need not visa if they stay in china for less than 14 days. But this no-visa waiver thingie will be temporarily suspended wef 1 jul 08 until the end of Olympics, which is god-knows-when...

About cordyceps: I think it's up to individuals...I dunno how many liang i hv, but I counted the last time I hv nearly 800 stalks of "worms" in my fridge now. Mine is the medium thickness one, i.e. $1,200 thereabouts per liang at EYS. The top grade ones I think cost $1,888 at EYS. I've another 100 have been ground into powder for me to stir into my soups as and when i like.

I only take cordy twice a month cos I think I'm kinda too big at 22.3 weeks. My mom told me to take less now and more after delivery.

Birdsnest, yes, why not? my MIL bot me 官燕 to drink daily. I brew 3 pieces each time and store them in my fridge for one week.

Paoshen: For some reason, I've stopped taking that. I've some in my fridge though. It's good for natural delivery. Gives u the "qi" to push...

I thot u bot a lot of TCM in Macau...

Hi, SarahMay

I took pao sheng with bird nest every sat and sun.. its suppose to "bu qi".. but i can't take it at night cos it keeps me awake.. what is the benefit of CORDYCEPS?

Hi,Ava
Re: your post on the BF, wat can we do for the first few days if milk haven come? continue to let baby to latch on? and wat do we feed BB during these few days?

Mickey: HOw much did you buy exactly? 10K is a LOT! So your kids don't go to the doctors much? Hehe...cos of all the nutritional value of the cordyceps.

LC: Cordyceps supposed to be for overall well-being.

Pao Shen is good for the 'qi'.

Just now I called my mom and told her my tummy is growing quite a fair bit these days and I feel xin ku sometime.. she comforted me. and at that point, i really miss my mom
sad.gif

SarahMay - Thanks, how to cook CORDYCEPS then? can it be like pao sheng like that pour hot water to make drink?

LC: how to cook cordy? many ways.

do u like to drink nutritious soups? if yes, put in 3-4 stalks into black chicken soup, add wolfberries (if u like), some dangshen (if u like) or bei qi (if u like). brew for 3-4 hours.

too troublesome? scared of chewing on those 'worms'? then grind into powder and stir them into your tonic soup.

dun mind chewing on the worms? then just pour boiling water over the cordy, cover the bowl, after the worm has turned soggy, eat it raw and drink up the water.

always travelling? then grind cordy and fill up capsules. swallow them on your biz trips.

I tried all methods before.

wa, Flos... u so versed in that.. no wonder you dun do manicure so as to make soup.. I heard chicken is better than pork to make tonic soup. y is that so? and y is black chicken better than the "white" chicken? I tired to make some soup for dinner, like pork rib with white fungus, lotus seed, and lily or pork rib with tomatoes, onion.. wan to try some tonic soup..can advise?

Sarah: I'm not the one who buys, my hubby does. We have them packed into bags of A4 size and sealed. Kept them in the freezer.
My girl didn't fal sick at all in her 1st year. But when we moved to our newly rented place, she fell sick and took quite a long time to fully recover.
I think it helped me a lot. Cos before I got preggie, I was always afraid of cold, can't tahan low temp at all. But after that, I don't feel cold easily, and I don't fall sick much.

Birds' nest? I took a lot too. I think more than 10 boxes of 5 or 6 pieces in each box. But my bb girl is born with very tan complexion. So there is no relationship between fairness of complexion and taking of birds' nest. Kekeke..

SarahMay: I just went to take a look at my freezer, I have 5 packets of A5 size plastic bags. Each bag contains 3 liang3. Each bag costs $3.5k.

Actually if you're maing soup for just yourself to consume, you only need a few stalks. I also add 2-4 stalks into the birds' nest when I double boil the birds' nest.
happy.gif

flos ,
i called my hubby that day when i heard the quake already .. apparently shanghai not affected .. cannot feel so much tremors .. but my brother in Beijing told me he could feel the shake 3.9 scale there ..

u really knoe how to
"Bu" haha

But some tall buildings in SH felt the tremours. couldn't reach my friends in Chengdu on MOn, all phone lines jammed. but now ok liao.

I agree with mickey: I also sealed my "treasures" in ziplog bags and stores in boxes and place them in my fruit compartment, just above my freezer. hope no bulglar breaks into my flat!!!

LC: I am an advocate of cordy, cos my hb and i took 1 stalk cordy each for only one month and I got pregnant
happy.gif
kekke!! Very potent "elixir" and "aphrodisiac". Since I hv so many stalks, maybe I should sell to those in the TTC threads hor?

Flos...
woah... good tat yr hb not affected. The quake really came so suddenly and so terrifying. Saw in papers those pp pinned under the rumbles... dun even dare to take another look i quickly flip to next page liao. So scary.

Hey...
any ladies know where to get those confinement shampoo and other confinement necessities?
Thinking if there will be a spree on these items too

Mickey: Wow, $10K worth of cordy!! Think I won't spend so much.. Keke.. Just pray for GOD's divine protection to be upon my smallberry! So drugstore have 20% discount? That's great!

thanks mickey (bbmouse), I received the email too!

If the rest don't mind, I shall close the spree and order asap to see if the 20% discount is applicable for our order.

Please rest assured that I'll provide a printscreen for the order via email for those who participated in the spree. I'll make this spree as transparent a possible.

Just to cover myself here, I'm not making a profit out of organising the spree, I'm just doing it because I want to get stuff too and save on shipping. ;)

ORDER PLACED! But unfortunately, the 20% discount does not apply to our items as they are already on sale, with the cream at 27% off the original price.

Will update when the items are shipped to my vpost account.

Items from drugstore.com - 1 shipment

Qty ProductPrice
1 L'il Critters Gummy Vites Kids Multivitamin - 70 ea$6.19
8 First Teeth A Natural Enzyme Baby Toothpaste - 1 ea$31.92
8 at $3.99
13 Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment - 4 oz$60.97
13 at $4.69
16 Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment, Creamy, Fresh Scent - 4 oz$75.04
16 at $4.69

Payment Method: Visadrugstore.com Subtotal:$174.12
drugstore.com Shipping: FREE
Tax:$0.00
Total:$174.12
Total Savings$65.63

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to intrude..
I've got an extra brand new belly band - great product for extending the life of your prepregnancy clothes, helping pregnant women wear clothes comfortably, particularly in between stages of midpregnancy and postpartum.
Read reviews here:-
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/maternityclothes/gr/babybemineband.htm

Color: Black w/Prints
Width: ~45cm measured flat across
Picture:-
http://p1nk1ebooth.blogspot.com/2008/05/black-baby-be-mine-belly-band-30-taka.html

Interested, pls PM me! Tks!
happy.gif

Back