(2008/03) March 2008

ABC
Sorry, I have a very private Qs to ask: During the private session with ur hubby, do u feel any pain after inserting the IUD?? I wanted to insert too, but I heard some ppl say it might hurt, my mum said that some ppl say the guy could feel something inside.. Is it true???

Sorry for being blunt...

mummies, i'm training alex to sleep on his own n by not using pacifier. not training him on sleeping thru out the nite. now he depends on me to make him sleep or he'll play n play so trying to adjust his body clock.

Isabella
i duno cos i jus did it today. But according to my doc she say wun be able to feel it.

clover
sleep on its own meaning? no nd to pat him to slp?

abc, the weather so sian~ he's used to nursing or me carrying him to sleep. I no matter wat won't carry him to sleep anymore. I tried singing lullabies, patting n giving him his teddy bear. well at least now he's not crying the walls down. it's harder to train without a pacifier but it can be done.

Think bf-ing baby more clingy?
I walk past kathlyn only she start wailing liao.. headache leh.. only want me but noone else..
Which is bad lah.. cause kim also only want me.. then gotta handle 2..
Now my hubby say must let kim or kathlyn stick to him so that he can help me.. but how! I am still latching kath.. cant possibly ask my hubby to let her latch right!

Hi mummies
Thanks for all the welcoming wishes
happy.gif

Can see that there are many first time mummies here..

Clover
Thanks for the invitation. Will join u if i can make it. Wat time u gals meeting. By the way, wat is sleep train?

Me? A FTWM am in the insurance biz... haha. But now free
happy.gif

3inapod
wow.. u really good le.. to be able to take care of a few bbs at a go.

ABCs' mummy, Lingyi
Am keen in the kindermusik.. but think Edel my no. 4 may not enjoy.. Cos tat time brought her to Gymboree trial class... she cried...

clover
tried but he cry until his cheeks and eyes r red and swollen. Next fri i got staff dinner i oso duno how. Then my mil will try to stuff pacififer to him but he reject la. hahhaa... anyway there is no more pacififer at home now. But when i am home he sense it even i am in the room, even day time. He will tear the hse down when he wan to slp.

mummylian
welcome
happy.gif
me a WFHM (work from home mum) and dd is 34 mths and ds is 4 days away from 7 mths old

Kindermusik
i've done it with Chelsea bfor at Tanglin Mall. We really enjoyed these classes. I've also done Gymborree, My Gym, Music Together etc haha...we just really like to sing and play lah...too bad now wif 2 kids and work, no time for such classes.

clover
i agree that its harder w/o pacifier cos they need comfort object. if no pacifier then it will mean patting. i dont want to do the patting so i give the pacifier. Zac zac sleeping habits is quite good, i just need to give him his bolster and pacifier and he will auto go and sleep,no patting required. i managed to wean him off pacificer before he turn 2, go cold turkey, now he can comfort himself to sleep, when time comes, just put him in his cot and he will cuddle his bolster and go and sleep. lele tend to be more clingy, so i am still trying to train her to be more independent. also mayb she's a girl, not so hard on her
happy.gif

AdelinL
WFHM.. Something i like. Wat u dealing in?

clover
how u training ur alex to bed?
Mayb i can give a bit of help???
My Edel sleep thru the nite from 1030 to 8am when she is 2 months old. Thank God.. If not may not have enough energy to tend to the 4.

Thankfully i have a good maid who loves the children too
happy.gif

mummylian -
lucky you!!! i think sleeping through the night can be trained but can also be a "heng suay" (lucky unlucky) thing!! i had a friend whose bb could sleep through the night at 6 weeks old! she said she got frustrated with him waking up every hour so she brought him to the window and told him NIGHTTIME is for SLEEP and not for waking up or playing!! somehow, miraculously, he just started sleeping through the night after that!!! HAHA!

anyway, please do share with all of us here your sleep training tips so we all can benefit! :D

shaz17
i do agree is heng suay one.. but guess u cld lenghten the time between each sleep
happy.gif
Basically bbs wake up for milk.. so jus try to have a bigger feed for the bb.. then like ur fren, tell them that nite is for sleep. For me n my hb, we do not make milk at the slightest sound bb Edel make.

mummylian
my hubby and i have an IT consulting biz and I do the non-technical stuff
happy.gif

wow i'm impressed with your Edel...my bb still wakes up every 4 hours at night :p and naps v. poorly during the day...my dd though can nap 3 to 4 hours during the day still!

hi mummylian
I'm also a new mommy to a 7.5 mth old boy... can i say you're awesome? with 4 kids? wow!!! sometimes i find having 1 baby already takes up so much of my time, i can't really imagine 4!

adeline K: my baby's also v clingy these days... i walk out of the room he'll cry already. Never used to be like that - im wondering whether this is a stage that'll pass? Cos i've always liked babies that are independant and non-clingy, and now suddenly my baby is clingy like koala bear leh...

bumper mat:
Can any mommies who have bought those LG/Parklon bumper mats share whether it's really a good investment? i've been thinking so long about this purchase but it seems so expensive! And my hubs nearly fainted when he heard the price! Pls share... i need reasons/excuses to justify to the hubs why i need to buy it! hahaaa

mummylian -
agree with you on the making milk part.....had a friend who feeds her daughter everytime she cries at night and now even at 2.5 years old, the daughter still wakes up for milk 3 times a night! it's become more of a habit than true hunger i think....

i did the same for my boy too....patted him back to sleep instead of feeding him (of course, if he was really hungry, whatever amount of patting also can't soothe him to sleep and that's how i differentiated between true hunger and comfort feeding)...then somehow i think he quickly realised he didn't need to get up to eat so the hours he slept gradually became longer and longer....
happy.gif

abc, he also cried v angrily till eyes puffy this morning but this afternoon he cried to complain n fuss... alas it took me an hour to make him sleep this afternoon. cant give up and let the baby have the easy way out!

shirley, i give him a teddy bear. it looks better than a pacifier and a bolster. haha... my boy is quite independent, as in i can let him play on his own for quite a while. i decided to sleep train him coz he is becoming harder to sooth.

mummylian, how do u train yrs? i tbf my child, so far there's only a couple of times he sleep throughout.

agapebaby,
i also pondered on whether to buy or not for 4 mths. at first hubby says too expensive. den i went to linda's (one of the mummies here) hse to see the playmat. finally convince my hubby that we shd get it. cos baby can crawl on it. and turn without hurting herself. After buying, i have never regret buying. to me, it is an good investment.

mummylian
im a sahm till i come back spore
happy.gif
Mummy to a bb ger coming to 7m by 26 oct

Sleep training
Clover, im not so consistent to help bb slp train. Wanted her to slp throughout the nite n also let her slp on her own but she needs to look at me. Most of the time, i either bf her, pat her or if im too tired just let her be by my side then i doze off. At times she slp on her own else she will cry then i wake up. The wake up in the middle of nite i think it is ore like comfort drinking. She will wake up like 4 hrs later n i wonder if it is a habit. If it is, i wanna to wean that off.

Kindermusik
Think this is one class im super interested. Prob take this in kl as i enjoy music and wan my bb to go for that too.

Phone scam
Thanks Reena, din know now there is this scam in spore. Scary boi.

aly
u have a very good memory
happy.gif
when i saw Reena's post, I was abt to comment also

Reena
yeah, i kenna b4, 1st hand experience, the gal claim to be my daughter...hehe, but kelicia is just too young to scream for help over the phone
..at 1st i oso start to panick and tot it is my sis

Crystal
hope all is well and it is a win win situation after the discussion

Mummylian
nice to meet ya
happy.gif
i m mummy to a 25 Months old gal and a 7 months old boy

Oh yah, pls dun call me kiasu :p afterall our babies are now 7-8 months already !

i m thinking of planning a year old celebratory gathering for our thread
happy.gif

I can do the ordering and sourcing of items, but I need a treasurer to manage the finance part..maybe we can transfer the $ to one mummy, .i.e abc if agreeable

<font color="0000ff">My Proposal is as follows</font>

Event : March 2008 Thread Babies' 1st Year Celebration
Venue : A Condo Function Room
Day : A Saturday afternoon in March 2009

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Budget : $25 per baby ( inclusive of buffet for up to 3 adults- parents and maid, and a lucky draw of babies' gifts if there is left over $)

I suggest we confirm our attendance by Jan 2009, so that we can proceed to order the items, like the banner and the food

hehe, who is good with $, then we can transfer the $ to her by Jan 2009

Phone Scam,
Thanks for the info. I thought "No such scam in spore" We do have many phone scams in Indonesia.

Babypink,
Compass Height could be one of alternatives places to hold the event. It got nice function room and one lounge with karaoke set.

Sleep training

Interesting topic. I think my boy is the worst of all. He wakes up every 2 hrs in the night time and he wun go back to sleep until I bf him. AND from 5am onwards, he will keep waking up almost every hourly till he really wakes up. There was a period of time where he wakes up every 15 mins or 1 hr thru out the night. I almost go berserk! Any mummies has any good solution that u hv tried. kindly share with me. Greatly appreciated!

Wonder if it's bcos he's on tbm, that's why he's so clingy....

bbpink,

great idea! I'll definitely come for the gathering.

Shichida

Anyone interested to bring yr child to the Shichida course? My frd went for the course and told me it was really gd and she saw great improvement in her son. Her son is already 5 yrs old now. Tot of enrolling my ds for the course in Jan. Any mummies wanna join me?

Hello! Just had time to log in
happy.gif

Crystal
Congrats! I can understand your fear as I'm actually quite paranoid and keep my fingers crossed till I get my menses every month. It takes all of my willpower to prevent me from doing preggie test sometimes even though I use protection. I even pray for a good age gap as my clingy zayed has my hands full. However, with all efforts, if you still get pregnant then I guess it is meant to happen. GOD would not put you through something that you can't bear and HE who puts you through it will help you get through it. So, cheer up and look on the positive side
happy.gif
It's a new member!

I read about ppl's terrible confinements and I get really confused with human nature. Sorry but isn't it common sense that a woman who delivered a child needs rest? So helping out should be natural isn't it. An aunt of mine was told to help out at her hubby's makan stall the next day she was discharged. She got so sick over time that she developed pneumonia. Like, isn't it obvious? Just dun understand ppl sometimes.

Mummylian
welcome. i've a active boy named Zayed who was born on the popular 3 march date
happy.gif
Me SAHM for my baby. It's damn tiring but I'm surviving and my boy's closeness and smiles makes it all worth it
happy.gif

I seriously need a new baby carrier. worried that the current one may be bad fr my heavy boy. Have read about a few. I know melissa mentioned Ergo, but there is also Beco. Which is better?

crystal,
take care. if there is a will, there is a way. hope ur family will support u.
phone scamming,
ya, my mum, nanny and mil all kanna b4. thought they target old ppl. so nt true afterall.
jerejoy,
my dd same as ur ds. frm 9plus til 5am, keep waking up. i got to wake up 5am to prepare wrk. she wil wake up every 15min to 1hr. until i bua ta han. always abt 2am, i wil gv up and put her in yaolan. i knw is nt right cos aftern, she always in yaolan when slping so nite time, she shld slp on bed. but cos i nd to wrk the nxt day, i got no choice. if nt, hw to b attentive at wrk. really duno wats wrng. ya jerejoy, i am getting besek too! has been two three mths liao. really nd help...tried CIO, also no use. she screamed until no voice and all sweat...HELP! she nt drnking at night. she wakes up juz for cmfort, nt hunger definitely

Seems like alotsa mummy has problem wif their bb sleep. M jus wondering is there a sleep expert to go to in Singapore? Anyone knows?

Happygal,

High five! Poor us! Same here.... It has been on going for months already. Keep telling myself that it will be better but it doesn't seem so leh. I also tried CIO method once, he cried till so badly that my hubby not willing to let him go thru the pain again. So who suffer? Me lor.. I also feel my boy drinking not due to hunger and really for comfort.

Does yaolan really work? I tot of trying when I come back Spore. If not, I might try giving him water or maybe worse case, pacifier... I can't try now cos I will be flying back and I worry he might be fuzzy thru out the flight so I have to 'ren' till I come back Spore to sleep train him... Will share with u if it works or not.

cpyt,

Ya, it's a big big problem.. I wonder hw long he will be waking up in the night.. My frd's son is coming to 3 yrs old and he keeps waking up and also needs to suckle the breast to go to bed. I really dun wish to be in the same situation.

sleeping
yes mine is a major problem. I hv to be ard if not he wun slp. When he slp i move out of the room he will sense and wake up. Tried many times. Even when he slp at 9pm and i left the bed n go out at 10pm he still wake up. Thus every morning he follow me wake up at 615am! Once i am out of the bed he can sense it. These few days he woke up in the middle of the night. Not so much of latching but toss n turn, is tat a sign of teething?

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Budget : $25 per baby ( inclusive of buffet for up to 3 adults- parents and maid, and a lucky draw of babies' gifts if there is left over $)
<font color="0000ff">i suggest we go by per head for adults. Dun think bb or toddler will eat much. I suggest catering. Can we fixed on 21 or 28 feb?

<u>Suggested place:</u>
Compass height
signature park

(anymore?)</font>

abc,

My boy also the same... I can never hv my free time... He needs me to be my his side too when he sleeps at night and wakes up wjen I leave the bed... Haiz! How to make 2nd one?

sleeping
yes mine is a major problem. I hv to be ard if not he wun slp. When he slp i move out of the room he will sense and wake up. Tried many times. Even when he slp at 9pm and i left the bed n go out at 10pm he still wake up. Thus every morning he follow me wake up at 615am! Once i am out of the bed he can sense it. These few days he woke up in the middle of the night. Not so much of latching but toss n turn, is tat a sign of teething?

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

i suggest we go by per head for adults. Dun think bb or toddler will eat much. I suggest catering. Can we fixed on 21 or 28 feb?

Suggested place:
Compass height
signature park
Kovan Melody (Quite Big function room)

(anymore?)

celia: celebrate together lor. Hahaha...

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

i suggest we go by per head for adults. Dun think bb or toddler will eat much. I suggest catering. Can we fixed on 21 or 28 feb?

Suggested place:
Compass height - seng kang
signature park - bukit timah
Kovan Melody (Quite Big function room) - kovan

(anymore?)

Interested:
1. abcdisney n bb (both dates ok)
2. Celia (21 feb)

Anyone interested in this walker? Thinkign of doing a spree.

1798913.jpg

- This Activity Walker keeps kids rolling along happily for hours
- Featuring a wide handle and stable base, this colorful toy is easy for kids to hold onto and walk behind
- Soft textured wheels with <font color="ff0000">speed adjustments prevent slips and tumbles </font>
- Grows with your child - it folds down for floor play for a young baby, then opens into a walker as the child grows
- Features tons of stimulating, skill-building activities including a spinner, a clicking caterpillar and butterfly, a sliding bee and three "letters" to drop into the mail slot or store behind the two flip down doors

Retail in Singapore at $59.90. (if people see it cheaper in Singapore, pls let me know cos i am interested to buy.)

Selling at USD$19.99 now excluding shipping.

Anyone interested?

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
3. Zhiqiang, Yvonne &amp; Baby Bryan (both dates ok) :p

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
3. Jerejoy (any date is fine)

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
3. Zhiqiang, Yvonne &amp; Baby Bryan (both dates ok) :p
4. Jerejoy (both dates ok)

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
3. Jerejoy (any date is fine)
4. Isabellali (both date ok)

Melissa,
Unfortunately not, no caller ID. And you know what? I posted this in a food forum and one member replied to say she just received a similar call yday, in her office! The fellow went Ma-Ma and started his conversation.. then this member told him she doesn't understand him as she's a Malay! Hahahaha!

Sleeping through the night
I guess it's very individual. My dd1 slept through the night since 4 months old, I didn't train her, she just slept through. With ds2, he didn't sleep through until about 11 months. With dd3, I don't bother to train her too since she's co-sleeping with me and I nurse her lying down. I don't even bother to check the time when she's awake but on a normal, she wakes up 3 - 4 times between 9pm (sleep time) and 7am (wake up).

agapebaby,
I don't know about LG Prime but for Parklon, a few of my friends bought but after a few years, the pic started to peel off and some even crack.

jerejoy,
I didn't join the Shicida but I bought the GD flashcards. Only did for dd1 for 4 months and they became white elephant. Didn't even do it for ds2. Sold off the English and Chinese kit but holding on to the Encylopedia and Maths kit, still hopeful that I'll do it, one day. kekeke

Clingy bb
It's true that if you are bfg your bb, they are very clingy. Worst is if you are a sahm and you are bfg. You can't get out of their sight!

Activity Walker,
I have one but it's the old model since I bought it many years ago. But this is definitely good!
Don't think it's economical to buy online cos after conversion, cost of item is approx S$30. And the box is bulky so shipping will definitely be volumetric. Better to buy from Singapore when there's a 20% discount.

March party
Just a thought, since it's for the March bbs, shouldn't it be held in March?

Reena,

I did the GD flashcards too. My ds likes to look at them and will pester me to keep flashing to him. Wanted to find him more activities to do so tot of joining the Shicida course.

Initially I tot clingy is gd but he turns out to be super clingy...haha! think u r right.. I notice most bf babies r super clingy n most can't sleep thru the night..

Reena
The scam that happened to me, the caller also call my office.. I was also quite shocked when I received the cal.. But find it ridiculously funny after that.. That caller sound like a adult trying to act the voice of a teenage boy... Sound so funny..

Reena
i only latch her during weekends and already cant get out of her sight. i cant imagine SAHM leh.. 24/7 by her side.. now my aunty look after her also cannot get out of her sight and she's not the one bf-ing my daughter!!

Activity walker
i have one too as a free gift but still BNIB. never use before.

March party
I think it's ok in late jan because some babies here birthday are in mid feb and most are in march. so everybody will be bz preparing for their parties.. so.. late jan is good ma.. hehee..

Sleep training
think i am one of the lucky one? *keep my fingers cross* she begin to sleep thru at 3mths + unless she sick if not she will sleep thru. Provided my elder one doesnt make noise.

jerejoy
where did u buy the GD flash card?? I wanted to do flash card with ds too, but dunno where to buy.. How does the flash card look like?? Mind to upload a photo of it??

Back