(2008/03) March 2008

wow, so fast mar 08 thread liao, congratulations !

when is the EDD ?
happy.gif

I'm in 4th week. So excited too, first time mummy but jittery at the same time. I have not decided on gynae and hospital yet. What abt all gals? When should I start seeing a gynae? Some say go too early, there is nothing to scan, so when is the good time to go?

A few days after i miss my menses. the first time i test with the preg kit, i'm not vr sure cause the other line is vr light so i wait till one week i bought the digital one. it will indicate wheather pregnant or non pregnant so i no need to guess. hehehehe...straight away it tell u.

My first visit is with gyne Dr Ben Neo, my aunty recomended me. he practise with Mt Elizabeth, my next appt will be in this coming monday. He is vr good but i want to give birth in Thomson Hospital. The room is nicer i heard from my friend and also nearer to my house. Any one know good and affordable gyne there?

hi su, does the digital one works the same way? sorry not sure how a digital one works though...

oh yr few days meaning 2-3 days? thanks thanks

This is my #2. I hv a gal 2 yrs plus now. Oso a march bb so will be abt 3 yrs apart.

Gd time to see gynae is 6-8 weeks. I am visiting Dr Lawrence Ang at Sun Plaza but he has a clinic at TMC. Cheap too $550 starting from Day 1.

hi abc mummy

$550 from Day 1? incl of all scan and test and medicine? that sounds v cheap, some of my friends seem more x than this price...

hmm, i think it work cause it stated that the first day u miss the period u can be tested. inside come wit another refill if u r tested not preg then wait for few days and ur mens nv come then u test again.the digital u can keep just bought the refill if u want to re use again.

I oso use d digital one to test. yea no nd guess. think guardian hv offer now.

kidslove, yea $550 from day 1. eg if 1st visit spend $100, 2nd visit spend another $150, n during 3rd visit u wan take package , then they will deduct wat u pay previously n pay remaining, e.g. $550-$100-$150 = $300 lor.

Hi, Congrats ! I'm currently in my 28th weeks. I agree with ABC...that the good time to see gynae is about 7weeks onwards...before that..u can't see much except for a sac. from 7th weeks...u'll prob be able to see baby's heartbeat. All the best !

hihi

I just got married n r planning for baby. Would appreciate if anyone of u can let me know how much do we have to set aside for pregnancy? (ie from i 1st know i'm pregnant to after giving birth)

Also, what will be the expected cost involved?

Thanks alot

hi, can i ask usually how long after pregnant do we need to see a gynae?

I have used pregnancy strips to test for pregancy but the results are not so visible. Not sure if i'm pregnant or not. I have been having cramping these few days. Quite worried about it.

Hello
I'm a Sept 2006 mummy so my baby girl is now almost 10 months. I got pregnant #2 accidentally again so now my EDD is somewhere around mid march. Very nervous b'cos it's unplanned. Worse i'm still breastfeeding too. I just found out yesterday.

but being more experienced, ahem ahem, i can help
happy.gif

Yes I do,
my menses very long about 37 days cycle average so yesterday was my 37th day and no normal signs of menses coming. so i tested and heart almost dropped. you can test earlier like 3 days before you're due or on due date itself. faint positive is still positive. Forget digital one. It's not as sensitive as the Watson's 10 dollars brand. Mine is no brand, given by my friend. Works just as fine.

Pink,
best time to see is during your 7th week of pregnancy, can see the fetus and heartbeat already

Suriyani,
I used to patronize Dr Yvonne Chan and Brenda Low's Woman's Clinic in TMC but I was under the latter's patient. She moved out to GlenE but I heard Dr Yvonne Chan is good too. You can check her out but beware, good doctors have long waiting time, longer queues. Patience is virtue.

xiaohwa,
Put aside as much as you can but beware, more money means u'll splurge on clothes and toys haha. But seriously, it's not that much, there's more things we don't need than what's "taught to be must-haves" for new mothers-to-be.

hi melissa, congratulations!!! thank you v much for being so informative...hmmm i am late for 3 days still thinking to test or not haha...

yes i do,
test lah what the heck, get those cheap test sticks from guardian or watsons. they're super reliable i assure you!

hi..
1st of all, congrats to all the mummies...shd be pregnant with #2, i ve a gal, 8 mths now... but not very sure yet. went to kk 24hr but then when they check says i ve a very faint line with negative sign. Then they sent be for scanning but still cant see the fetus, but to wad they says, i pregnant. In the end, they sent me to do blood test on the same day n 2 days later. claiming that they wanna see fm the blood test if the fetus is on the right position n if its healthy. After i went back for the repeat test, the doc didnt say anything jus say i m 66% pregnant fm the looks of my report.

Till now i m so unsure about that. As i keep getting thos kind of crampy feelings...
Can i ve advices fm you all...
Thanks alot...

according to my last period, should be near to 5 weeks now. i think i will try to test again tomorrow.

A bit worried because this is my 1st baby.

Sorry to interrupt mummies, I'm from Mar07 thread. I have the following items for sale cos I overstocked as usual. Pls PM me if you are interested.

Collection: Self Collect at City Hall MRT, Suntec City, or Clementi

Item 1: EarthMama Angel Baby New Mama Bottom Spray
Size: 120 ml (4 oz)
Description: Naturally cooling perineal mist for prenatal hemmorhoids and postpartum soreness
Retail Price: $39.50
Selling at $28
Condition: New
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/new_mama_bottom_spray.html

Item 2: No Rinse Shampoo
Size: 236 ml (8 oz)
Description: Used by NASA, Made in USA
Selling at $12
Condition: Used once
http://www.norinse.com

Item 3: Procanol Lotion for Mother
Size: 20 ml
Description: Local anaesthetic pain relief
Selling at $5

Item 4: Medela Purelan 100
Size: 36.8g (1.3 oz)
Description: Helps soothe sore nipples
Retail Price: $18.90
Selling at $14 each (I have 2 units available)

Item 5: Avent Nipple Protectors
Size: Standard size
Description:
Retail Price: $12
Selling at $8

Item 6: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks with Vitamin E Collagen & Elastin
Size: 125g (4.4 oz)
Selling at $15

Item 7: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks with Vitamin E Collagen & Elastin
Selling at $12
Condition: Used thrice

Item 8: Galenic Elancyl Vergetures Stretchmark Preventive & Reducing Cream
Size: 150 ml (5.1 oz)
Selling at $28

Enjoy your pregnancy!

piggie tan,
a repeated blood test with doubling HCG numbers should be a good indicator if the pregnancy is viable or not. you could be having a late starter but it could still be viable. let's hope there's nothing wrong with your pregnancy.

mummygirl,
a faint positive is still a positive. if u're the kind who test everyday you will find that your test sticks will get darker by the day due to the increasing level of HCG hormone in your body. i am crampy since 3 days ago and still is now but that happens during my first 1st pregnancy too. if there's no blood or no spotting then it's a good chance that your pregnancy is progressing well.

the worrying part starts from the day u find out that you're pregnant up to about 7 weeks during your first ultrasound. you won't find much before that except for a sac and/or a fetal pole so that's why i suggest your first scan should be done at or after 7 weeks to assess viability. if no heartbeat till then or measurement is way off then i'm sorry. but if you can see a heartbeat flashing away, be prepared to stay pregnant for another 7-8 months. i'm just speaking from my past experiences, including my history of miscarriages. but hopefully nobody this month will go through that lah. *touch wood*

Hi Melissa
My bb is the same age as your bb and I am expectating no. 2 too hee hee :p Just found out on wednesday too ...

Wonder whether I can cope with a 20 months bb and another newborn ? :x

Congrats by the way. Baby is a gift from God :p

HI

just found out i am preggy too.. i guess my due date shd be ard mar...

havent' seen any gynae yet.....congratulation every mummies to be

Hi Yani/abc,

know its a bit pte, but when is your last mense period (exact date)..need to know so that I can know exactly how long i'm pregnant now..

know its a bit pte, but when is your last mense period (exact date)..need to know so that I can know exactly how long i'm pregnant now..

hi all... i am new here... have a 4yrs old boy and tested positive last wednesday.. went to see a gynae and have done an u/s & v/s but can't see the sac.. abit worried now.. is it true that we can't see anything at 4+ weeks or could it be Ectopic Pregnancy...

Riushiki,
Don't i know you from somewhere huh? Weren't u from the Sep 06 mommy group?

YYL,
yup 4 weeks can't see anything b'cos baby is too small. not even quite alive yet. the earliest possible is 5 weeks. when u can see the gestational sac and probably fetal pole if you're actually earlier than u think. most common is just sac but that sac must be in the womb. i personally think any scans before 6-7 weeks is a waste of money but if you have money to burn, why not but then you would be asking questions that most pple can't answer lah, know what i mean?
happy.gif

ectopic pregnancy is best detected at 5 weeks. however ectopic pregnancies are quite rare and only happens to certain groups of pple. it was said that it tend to happen to people who started having sex at early age or those who change partners quite often or those who have sex during menses or those who has had STD before but there has been no studies on those so the findings are inconclusive and probably scientifically crap.

thanks Melissa. This is my first baby so tend to be more worried.

I guess i will go and see gynae 2 weeks later.. should be around my 6 weeks +. Hopefully can detect something.. But 2 weeks is really a long wait.

Can i ask u mummies-to-be? Do u all tend to be more careful after u know that u are pregant? As in don't walk so much, walk slower etc? Do we really need to be so careful?

Wow Melissa your memory so good. I frequent Sept 06 mummies but I very lazy didn't post too much there :p

I have not visited the gynae yet and I may get a new job soon. A lot of things going on .. trying to keep myself stress free :x

hi melissa.. thanks for the info.. felt much better now.. guess will have to wait for the next appointment which is in two weeks time..

do u all know roughly usually when will morning sickness starts? past few days my boobs feel very pain.. But today seems to be better.. is it a bad sign?

Hi mommies!
I'm new! Just tested positive over the weekend... yay I'm so excited to be a new mommy!

Can I ask you ladies something? Seems like going to see the gynae too early wldnt be necessary. How do I know how many weeks' pregnant I am? Do we count from 1st day of last menses? Or from the day of ovulation?

hi... sorry to interrupt...

my hubby bought me too much of the stretch mark cream... don't dink m able to finish it off....m selling 2 BN tubes... interested, pls sms 93683380 or e-mail me @ [email protected].

thanks

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks with Vitamin E Collagen & Elastin
Selling at $12

hi melissa...

Thanks for your advice... ytd(7/7) morning, i did d pregnancy test myself and it show 2 lines, fm the result shown, think shd be positive... but 1 line marks very dark but the 2nd line seems to be a bit lighter than the 1st...

I am really afraid that it could be ectopic pregnancy... really hopes it wun be...

Riushiki,
Of course I remember you! I helped to compile a list of sept mommies and EDD remember? Even from those who rarely post! Ha! Wow congrats! Is this planned? Mine is considered quite accidental also lah but we were not protecting ourselves in the first place. One thing it's also b'cos I am still breastfeeding and my menses are still quite irregular with long cycles. You have a new job. Wow can't imagine. I am 6 months into my new job. No confirmation yet. sian

Yen,
Glad you feel better
happy.gif
I know two weeks wait seems like a long time but it's a perfect time for you to evaluate your diet and lifestyle changes. HOw about reading baby and motherhood magazines to keep yourself occupied?
happy.gif

mummygirl,
Most pple claimed they get their full-blown symptoms from 6-8 weeks. I got mine around 5 weeks from my 1st pregnancy. Some lucky ones never get any common pregnancy symptom like nausea. I hope I don't get nausea or giddiness b'cos I drive to work. If you have symptoms it kinda comes and goes but if it goes away and never comes back it could be that it's replaced by a new symptom or *touch wood* I don't want to stay. Anyway don't be too obsessed by the symptoms (or the lack of it).

agapebaby,
Your guess is as good as mine. 1st pregnancy was perfectly planned. I took my temps everyday, did a nice chart, do the ovulation test thing and voila when I got pregnant, I knew exactly when the baby's due based on ovulation date. But now that I'm not keeping in track, I will wait for fetal pole measurement which is around 7 weeks. Anyway nobody really give birth during their EDD. It's just a rough estimation. In the end, mine was totally useless b'cos I had a birth induction on a scheduled date.

piggie tan,
If you can see both lines means you're pregnant. Actually one is control and the other is test line. The darkness can differ depending on your urine concentration or quality of the test stick. It's too early to speculate an ectopic pregnancy based on urine test. In fact it should never be an indicator of ectopic pregnancy. Only ultrasound scan does. Beta-HCG tests (blood test) also might help but it's not conclusive. Oh forgot to congratulate you!
happy.gif

Hi Melissa, thanks for your explanation.. i hope mine wouldn't hv so many symptoms. My 5th week starting soon.

By the way, yesterday i had diarhorrea and this morning a bit. Hope it goes away tomorrow..

hi melissa and abc,
thanks abc for the useful website! i've also signed up with babycenter to keep track of my weeks! hehee. yeah im now in week 5. I have absolutely no MS tho - but an incredibly huge appetite! so my waistline is disappearing quite fast *sob*

but im so tired too - esp at work - which is hard cos im a teacher and i cant be feeling tired in classes. plus i've got remedial to handle, CCAs to handle, etc *sigh* feel like not working but cannot lah.

abc hope your monday becomes better! and hope everyone's feeling good today!

hi melissa and abc,
thanks abc for the useful website! i've also signed up with babycenter to keep track of my weeks! hehee. yeah im now in week 5. I have absolutely no MS tho - but an incredibly huge appetite! so my waistline is disappearing quite fast *sob*

but im so tired too - esp at work - which is hard cos im a teacher and i cant be feeling tired in classes. plus i've got remedial to handle, CCAs to handle, etc *sigh* feel like not working but cannot lah.

abc hope your monday becomes better! and hope everyone's feeling good today!

Back