(2008/03) March 2008

Yeah.. getting a maid is a gamble :| My maid good with my gal and reasonablely hardworking.. but hor.. she very "smart ah-leck" *sigh* she bathe my gal with vinegar without telling me when my gal has fever. *sigh* I had to give her a lecture on instructions and consultation.

seeing u girls saying abt hubby, i am appreciative that my hubby does ALL the housework and my job is play with kids, make kids sleep! but at times he lazy lah.. then i do.. that time maternity i 'bao' everything because he work.. but after i come back work, he do most of it.. leaving the easier one to me like sweep and mop floor or fold clothes..

crystal
keep an open heart and welcome ur new family member
happy.gif

u can do it just like me! Think for the better..

Wah lau.. adeline.. everytime u say abt ur hb i got no choice but to comment how mean u r to him! hahahah ... ur hb although is a quiet person, but can see he is very responsible.. and often keep things to himself right....thats his character i suppose.

Crystal.. so many pple support u.. steady lah! Jia You

hi crystal
we don't know each other (me from april '08 thread) but just want to give feedback on your comment about maid not obeying a young/younger employer. i have a maid, and would like to share with u that u needn't worry about that. bcos even though a maid may be older than u in terms of years, u will find that those from backward countries (myanmar, indo) have a more suaku mindset and are less educated than u. those fresh maids are less street-savvy than u too. so when they come here, with the fast-pace and more modern lifestyle, they don't have an edge, age-wise. when they come here, they have lots to learn, and will have to take your instructions. (of cos the good maids learn well, therein lies the difference).

just want to say i empathise with your situation and dilemma, and wish u all the best.

Crystal
I hope u can really think it through before u make any decision. I am against abortion because of alot of reason.. But no matter for what reason it is, I really hope u won't choose this route. I went through one abortion and it still haunts me now.. I would go hay wire whenever I thought of my lost child.

Before you make any decision, pls take some time out and read what this webby have for you. For the sake of your health, ur baby and whoever involve.. Pls spend some time to read it through before any decision is made.. Dun make any decision that u will regret in the future..

www.afterabortion.info

hi crystal

just like to drop you a word of encouragement. though i'm not a christian, i find the following words very beautiful and like to share with you.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

*Hugs*

Hi Crystal,

Congrats!!!

The baby might be sudden and early BUT no matter what I personally feels its still a life. Its Fate that the baby came.
Give your baby a chance be it boy or girl, be it 10 months or 10 years gap. As long the baby can be healthy with a chance to live, why not leave it to fate.
I believe too finanically your family can afford to support this baby, just arrange the timing.
Do consider about it~

We are here as friends to support you if you need someone to talk to. Dont move too heavy things now, rest well and relax.

Hi Crystal,
Congratulations! Don't worry too much, I believe you will make the decision that is right for you and your family. To me, the most important thing is that when you have decided which path to take, you should be happy with your decision. The hardships you mentioned are difficult but not impossible to overcome. I for one never did any confinement since I don't believe in it. You know my hubby is ang moh right and his mum plus the many ang moh old ladies I know seem to be pretty healthy to me and they never even heard of "confinement". In the US, it's a luxury to have help after giving birth and most mums there are used to doing things themselves during pregnancy and after giving birth. Even in Singapore, I was washing my own bottles and pump, doing laundry, carrying my dd soon after delivery. It's all in your mentality. Of cos if you feel that confinement is important and you need help to look after 2 kids, you can definitely get help. Perseverance can change many things, including getting your hubby to help out more. However if you decide not to go through with the pregnancy, I'm sure many good things will come out of that as well, like Cheryl will get more attention from you etc. So whichever you choose, you must be happy with it yah ;)

dear all
many many many thanks
i will come out with a decision tonight and have a good discussion with my family. i am really appreciative of all your well wishes and advices. many times, i had wanted to keep this pregnancy but the negative thoughts will still have come to me which why i am being so confused and loss now. and definitely i still have not enjoy enough of my #1 yet.

Crystal,

Congrats! It's a blessing!!! Take care..don't think to much. Be happy all the time...

Goodbb,
Dr Terence tan is good as per my experience. His expertise is respitory problems. But he is very crowded. Usually I need to wait for 3-4hours. It's not convenient for bb to wait that long. Therefore, I'm going to Allison Tan at rivervale mal for the first consultation. If the coughing persists after two visits..then i go to terence tan.

crystal
U can do it esp with the support of the mommies here! We will always b here for u. Though u're youngest here but u're a responsible n good mommy. Believe in ursef n ur family n ur baby. Give the baby a chance! U still hv precious 8 mths with Cheryl! Not ez with 2 kids but as time goes by, u will get the hang of it!

Babe dude
I very mean to him meh? Think he spoilt me already! Hahahah I wasn't like this in the past lor. I know that I'm bad to him but hor I always revert back to my old self hahahahha....

Ok must be nicer to him Liao.

Crystal,
wow! You are a very strong woman! Dinno you went thro so much during your confinement. Tot mine was bad but yours is ten times mine manz! Glad that its all over.
Its believed that if you din do your confinement properly for the first pregnancy you can compensate back with the second one. So mayb this is the chance for you to ' bu ' back.
happy.gif

You are rite in saying when you made a decision, you will be happier. My hubby always tell me this " A decision you made at anytime is the best at that point of time, given the info n environment that you have. So once made, dun haf to look back." Juz wanna let you know... watever decision you made, we will still be around for you ok? Cheers!
If needed, you can put Cheryl at my place for babysitting ok? At least we are staying around the same area.
happy.gif

Crystal

My biological mum have 9 childrens...each year one lor...hahahaha. if u looK at her, she is still look young for her age. sharing dresses with my two sisters. no cofinement for her also cause too poor. I believe u can do it...faster hv faster close shop mah...dun wait till old like me.

Hi mummies

I have a march 08 gal
happy.gif
She is my bb no.4. I would like to join this thread
happy.gif
My no. 3 is now 2 years old. My no.1 boy is 12 n no. 2 boy is 11. My no. 3 gal is a very premature bb at 27 weeker. I am in the premature bb support group.

Just went thru briefly on the thread...

Crystal
Hmm.. having a child is a lifelong commitment.. but cos i have a premie who was born only at 1 kilo.. i find that the little one is so precious to us
happy.gif
n she really fight hard for her life! Do understand that one definitely need the help of our family, do discuss
happy.gif

Mummies
mayb u gals can give a brief intro so as for me to get to know u better
happy.gif

Hi mummylian,

Welcome to the Mar forum! I'm also a first time mummy and a SAHM. My boy is coming to 7 months old this coming 19th Nov. =)

Welcome mummylian!

I am first time mummy to a adorable and super active boy name Jun Kang. Now 7mths 3 weeks old. Currently m SAHM cos bb is attention demanding but actually its me who is lazy to work la, so taking a break. Hubby always not in Singapore cos he is in charge of the regional operations in his IT company.
Hmmm... maybe I should start a thread for those mummies whose hubbies always outstation or not around them to give each support hor.

Hi Mummylian,
Mother of 4? I'm envious!
I'm a mother of 3 age 6, 3 and 7.5mths, sahm

Support group for mummies with travelling DH
YT, I'll join if you start one ;-)

Crystal,
I hope you are feeling better today.

hey crystal, how's yr family meeting?

hi mummylian, welcome. wow think u r the one with most no. of kids here. we have an upcoming meet up at botanic garden on deepavali, do join if u can make it. which area do u stay in?

I m a sahm to my boy, alexander who is one of the youngest in this thread at 6.5mths n currently undergoing sleep training.

oii oii dun start another thread else our march board becomes quiet liao hahahaa..

if you're bored or just want to vent just vent here lah. sometimes i so sian dunno what to do if i can help i sure help one.

hi crystal
Lele and zac zac is 18mths apart. its not easy to have children with close age gap but remember jsut have to bear for the first 6mths difficult period, when you see the two of them playing together, you will feel that its all worthwhile. Then again, i am not in your position i will not be able to understand the pressure and problem you are facing. Sometime you must believe the will power of mummy is very strong that it will surprise you. I didnt have confinement after deliver lele, latching lele and feeding zac zac at the same time is a common sight. there are points of breaking down but now half year has passed and i have totally forgotten all the hardship. But if you asked me if i want another baby it will be a no no cos i know i cant find caregiver and my mum is old. Whatever decision you made, be strong to face it and move on with life. Other people opinion is not as important as what you and your hubby thinks. be honest to yourself and listen to your heart.

abc
hmm i think lele's health is not worse than zac zac but becos of zac zac, she fall sick more often as compare to zac zac. zac zac was never sick in his first 18mths but now lele only 6mths already sick twice all thanks to her gor gor. guess if you 2 kiddos, the chances of passing viruses to each other increase too.

mummylian
welcome. I am mama to a 2year old boy Isaac (nick :zac zac) and a 6mths old girl Isabelle (nick: lele) I am a working mum

botanic garden gathering
=========================
hey i wanna join but may i know what buses go there? was thinking of going there with the 2 kiddos without the maid. AdelineSia you going? if you are maybe we can go together. Let me know ya!

clover
you sleep training Alex? I no choice, intro pacificer to lele so that i can get back my beauty sleep. next time she going to hate me cos i will need to wean off her favourite before she turns 2, just like her gor gor.

mummylian,
welcome to our mar mummies happy family! In this thread, everyone knows me as lingyee. I am first time mummy to my dearest hyperactive baby keira. She is 7 months today! I am a working mum as well.

Mummylian,
Family of 4 children sure brings lots of joy to your family hor.. i grew up in a family of 3 kids including myself, keeping telling my mum how nice it would be if we have another sibling.
For myself, personally i wan more than 1 kid, coz growing up with slbings brings lot of joy to my childhood. Coz my elder brother is only 1 yr older than me, i was the tomboy who is always following him to play soccer, baseball, basketball when we were young. For keira, i hope she can have other slbings to share thoughts and to grow up with too!

crystal

whenever u need help like someone to babysit so tt u can have time you can always put ur girl at my place
happy.gif
i am used to taking care of a few babies..
happy.gif

Yesterday my mum aka caregiver for my dear keira when i am working told me that if i have another child now, she will run away coz my keira is too hyperactive for her to handle. Guess if i wanna have another child, i must plan properly in the way i can work from home for some days so that is not so taxing on my mum.

Clover,
sleep training? wat is that? Care to share?

Start another thread on flying hubby,
March wun be quiet la... think we can managed both threads. kkekekekeke!

YT
bb always not around thread? hahaha i will join in too. Hands up leg up.

Adeline
yea lor u are one fotunate woman. He work overnight sometimes still join us in gathering lor.

Crystal
U know i am always there for u. Btw YT crystal shifting soon. To my estate liao. Hahaha... Anyway crystal, if u decide to give birth to #2 always remember there is a childcare waiting for u. Remember our deal on sending both Cheryl and Andrae to Perform@junior? heehee... Then i (or rather Arielene), can help u with Cheryl too. U r a great mummy who no matter how tired u are will travel from AMK to SBW jus to spend time with Cheryl. For that i really admire you. Like u when i hv my #1 i have PNB too... lot of things happen then and i believe i told u before. Dun worry u r not as bad as me then. With more experience with cheryl, #2 will be a breeze. But ultimately, it is your decision. It is a life long commitment. U hv to think it thru. Think carefully... u hv 4 mth to think but do make the decision fast k? Jia you....

Mummylian
Wow mother of 4! Admire... Anyway i am a mother of 2. My gal is 3.5 yr old and my son is going 8 mth on 18 oct. He's a feb bb. One of the oldest here.

Contraceptive
I finally have time to go for normal IUCD. Spend abt $300. $120 for well women screening which includes breast examination, pap smear, weight, urine test etc... $170 for insertion of IUCD. $10 for consultation and medication. Very fast and painless. Maybe a bit uncomfortable during insertion but once over i dun feel tat i have even gone thru the insertion. :)

Anyone interested in Kindermusik trial?
Date: 26 oct (sun)
Time: 10 am/1pm (TBC)
Trial: $25.50

KINDERMUSIK " VILLAGE"
Age Range - 18 months and below
Semester - 8 semesters, each 8 weeks
Class duration - 45 minutes accompanied by one adult.
Fees per semester - 8 lessons x $23.80 = S$190.40 + S$63 (home material) + S$17.74 (7% GST) = S$271.14
One Time Registration Fee : S$53.50 (including 7% GST)

The Village programme works on the premise that the parent is the baby's best teacher and the parent is really the student in class. Through our sessions, parents gain knowledge, tools, ideas, repertoire to stimulate and interact musically with the baby.

You may find out more from www.kindermusik.com.sg

Interested please email me the following:
- Mother's contact and name
- baby's name and date of birth
- trial is $25.50
- Only one caregiver per baby.

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Andrae

Reena
Nope at GP. I reckon if there are any complications it would be easier to go back to GP since the doctor is fixed. In polyclinic i scare if complications more troublesome.

Kindermusik
I signed up dd1 for kindermusik when she was 2yo but she hated it! It was a joint even at the playgroup in her school and after that 1 lesson of kindermusik, she REFUSED to attend her playgroup session! Don't ask me why.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">PHONE SCAM - BEWARE</font></font>

Oh.. thought I should highlight this phone scam call I received last Thursday morning as you may have family/friends with older kids.

My home phone rang and ds2 rang to answer the call. He spoke to the caller for at least 30 secs before I took over. I heard a boy crying. He sounded very much like my Sec 1 nephew and he was sobbing. I concluded it's not my nephew since my nephew speaks to me in English and there's no way he will call me instead of his mother, what's more my home phone.

The conversation was all in Mandarin and he was crying throughout except for the last part.

Boy: Ma-ma
Me: Who's this?
Boy: Ma-ma
Me: Who's this?
Boy: I got beaten up by someone outside
Me: Huh? Who are you?
Boy: Ma-ma... don't you recognise my voice?
Me: Who are you?
Boy: It's me, you don't recognise my voice?
Me: I think you've got the wrong number.
Boy: **Silence for a few secs before he hung up**

Immediately I sms-ed my sis and she called home to check, my nephew is at home so confirm it's not him.

I think it came out in the newspaper of Friday, there's a phone scam going on now. If you have identified the boy as your son, you'll prob ask why he got beaten and after that, someone else will take over the phone to demand for $$.

I warned my other sis and she told me her neighbour rec'd a similar call 2 weeks ago. She played along with them as she has only 2 girls and no son!

So, pls be wary when you receive such phone calls. I guess their target is at sahms. If you humtam any tom, dick or harry name, and they say yes, you've prob hit the nail on the head that it's a scam.

Abc,
erm... its hubby always outstation not bb. heee...

She shifting to your area? Still NEL so shld be ok lor. Anyways, me jus offering n up to her to decide.
happy.gif

YT
opps... me blur la. how can bb be outstation? hahaha...Btw i think u refering to NSL not NEL right?

Anyone interested in Kindermusik trial?
Date: 26 oct (sun)
Time: 10am
Trial: $25.50

KINDERMUSIK " VILLAGE"
Age Range - 18 months and below
Semester - 8 semesters, each 8 weeks
Class duration - 45 minutes accompanied by one adult.
Fees per semester - 8 lessons x $23.80 = S$190.40 + S$63 (home material) + S$17.74 (7% GST) = S$271.14
One Time Registration Fee : S$53.50 (including 7% GST)

The Village programme works on the premise that the parent is the baby's best teacher and the parent is really the student in class. Through our sessions, parents gain knowledge, tools, ideas, repertoire to stimulate and interact musically with the baby.

You may find out more from www.kindermusik.com.sg

Interested please email me the following:
- Mother's contact and name
- baby's name and date of birth
- trial is $25.50
- Only one caregiver per baby.

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Andrae

FL: only 10am. U ok?

Reena,
I read about it in a paper before. It's a scam by the wretched PRCs. Is there a way you can trace the call? Maybe then u can help to nab the criminal.

abc,
which GP does the IUCD? how much does he charge? can last how long?

Melissa
Yim medical clinic at blk 678 Admiralty MRT there. Last 3 years but of cos anytime u wan to remove oso can. Spend abt $300. $120 for well women screening which includes breast examination, pap smear, weight, urine test etc... $170 for insertion of IUCD. $10 for consultation and medication.

Reena
Haha~ I also got it once.. What the boy sais was the same.. I just hung up the phone in the end.. I even ask him what's ur name, den he reply, u dunno ur son name mehx?? Haha~ Then I say I got no son.. He was like ........

So irritating, this kind of scam~

Back