(2008/03) March 2008

yupz, i propose in March as the babies would be older then
happy.gif

$25 per baby for easier calculation, cos still need to get a cake & banner & maybe some baby biscuits..

so abc, agreeable tat we transfer the $ to u ?
happy.gif

Pls put down ur names if u r agreeable
happy.gif
as spoken, u can bring up to 3 adults per baby
happy.gif

Event : March 2008 Thread Babies' 1st Year Celebration
Venue : A Condo Function Room
Day : A Saturday afternoon in March 2009

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet <font color="0000ff">Halah Caterer</font>

Budget : $25 per baby ( inclusive of buffet for up to 3 adults- parents and maid, and a lucky draw of babies' gifts if there is left over $)

Can we propose <font color="0000ff">28 March 2008 or like wat Adeline said, need to avoid clash of dates

so how abt 4 April 2009</font>

Suggested place:
Compass height - seng kang
signature park - bukit timah
Kovan Melody (Quite Big function room) - kovan

(anymore?)

Interested:
1. abcdisney n bb (both dates ok)
2. Celia (21 feb)
3. Jerejoy (any date is fine)
4. Isabellali (both date ok)

<font color="0000ff">I am doing event management myself, so am pretty confident of doing a good job..haha</font>

reena, not true abt clingy bb leh. my bb can play by himself for ard 20mins n can play with others, never look for me! think he's either feeling secure orhe's sian of me.

march bb party, I prefer a march date too. maybe the 2nd wk of march?

sleep training
this morn my bb didn't cry and managed to sleep within 20mins. pray that he will sleep within 5mins soon.

march bb birthday
I am ok with feb or march since it will b e over for Andrae anyway.

Babypink
i think better to get the confirm number n budget first. I am jus afraid $25 per baby may not cover the cost. But since u are the event amanger i am here to b finance only. hahaha....

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Budget : $25 per baby ( inclusive of buffet for up to 3 adults- parents and maid, and a lucky draw of babies' gifts if there is left over $)

Can we propose 28 March 2008

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
5. Zhiqiang, Yvonne &amp; Baby Bryan (both dates ok) :p

Isabella
I will let u knw how much is it after 20% discount. Anyway will go taka to see later. I am looking for one with adjustable speed.

isabelli,
So funny right? They can actually call your office? Anyway, in yday's mypaper.sg, 2 chinese nationality men were caught for similiar phone scams.

GD cards
I bought mine from the distributor
http://www.gdbaby.com.sg/index.aspx
If you don't mind, can look for 2nd hand, much cheaper. I paid over $1k for the complete set and didn't utilise :-(

clover
Basically, my bb is quite easy-going ie anyone can carry her. I can put her in the exersaucer for 2 hours and she can play by herself or when the 2 elder ones are in the hall with her (so I can do my chores). But if she's sleepy or hungry, she's super clingy and I have to sling her throughout whatever I'm doing
sad.gif

bbpink
Event management? That was what I wanted to do last time but got to burn weekends so decide to give it a miss. But I really enjoy running exhibitions and roadshows
happy.gif

Clover
that is nice !
happy.gif

Thanks ! =)

i will start the ball rolling by transfering the money to u, can u post ur bank account here.

Let's try to transfer the $ to Clover by end Oct 2008

Isabelli,

If u r interested, u can buy from the website that Reena has given cos I dun think mine ship internationally...Just wanted to show u the pics on how they look like.

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet

i suggest we go by per head for adults. Dun think bb or toddler will eat much. I suggest catering. Can we fixed on 21 or 28 feb?

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
5. Shirley + Lele + Zac zac (both dates are ok)

Isabelli,
Must consider shipping cost as they are HEAVY and BULKY!

jerejoy,
Which set did you buy? I thought it should be cheaper in USA but looks like they are reasonably ex too.

<font size="+2">Please use this updated list!!!

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
6. Shirley + Lele + Zac zac (both dates are ok)</font>

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
6. Shirley + Lele + Zac zac (both dates are ok)
7. clover, hb + alexander (prefer march)

party, yup. best if it's in the middle.. to be fair la.. since there r babies frm feb all the way till end mar..

sleep training
i also tot clingy is good. now i realised tat over clingy prevents moms frm doing anything..
going kee siao soon. same as jerejoy..
put my son down to change also he can yell like i murdering him..
last wk, i had appt in the evening. dragged till abt 9pm.. my mil made milk for him to slp.. he drink liao. still refused to slp.
the minute i enter room, he almost wanted to fly to my side.. then he latch n immed zzz.
i happy la.. but sian also.. tat nobody can put him to slp w/o me ard..

walker
i let my son push his high chair instead.. haha
save $$

phone scam
i kenna a different type.. they say they in malaysia having an event.. then give me lucky draw no.
then call me after awhile to see if i m there in KL as my # was the winning ticket.
then ask me transfer $$ to get my winning prize.
i act blur and say i dun understand chinese..
so many times le.. all i act blur lor..

babypink
i still think go by per adult including maids. Maybe $10 per adult? It is also the contribution for the adults to the babies.

For instance, ppl like me who usu go gathering alone is buying $25 but ppl who has hb and maid is also buying $25. Just a suggestion. I am ok if u wish to go by $25 per babies too.

Date propose: 7 or 14 march???

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia (21 feb)
8. Reena (if DH's not travelling, prefers mid - late March)

<font size="+2">Use this updated list please.

Day : A Saturday afternoon in March 2009 (7 or 14 March)

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia
8. Reena (if DH's not travelling, prefers mid - late March)</font>

Day : A Saturday afternoon in March 2009 (7 or 14 March)

Things needed:
A Banner
A 1st Birthday Cake
A Buffet Halah Caterer

Suggested place:

(anymore?)

Interested:
2. Celia
8. Reena (if DH's not travelling, prefers mid - late March
9. babyheng, hb and tristan (any date is ok)

abc is right abt the $ as well..more is better than less, cos the little excess can get us a better party

<font color="0000ff">Final Figure => $30 per family , is it ok</font>

Hope to include a nice 3 tier or 2 tier birthday cake from Pine Garden AMK, a halal buffet and a birthday banner , so tat we can take good pictures

Caterer to use halal, so tat our muslims mummies can attend as well
happy.gif

Event date fixed on 4 April 2009 cos by tat day, all the birthday in this thread will be over ?

Reagrdless of twins or triplets, all $30 per family , try to keep to 3 adults per family

March 08 first year birthday celebration
========================================

I think if we put it in March then some of the mummies may miss the parties as they may celebrating their private parties with their DS/DD. I suggest we do it in Feb or Apr so as not to clash with other mummies.

Sleep training
==============
I think we can write a book together on how to sleep train our babies. I also think it is very individual, some babies are more acceptable to sleep routine and some will get it when u do the CIO. Zac zac seem to get it very fast for the CIO (after 2 days he seem to get it that i am not going to rock and carry him to bed) but lele hmmm much more stubborn, still need me to pat pat to sleep. i think no matter which method adpoted the key point is to be consistent and persistent. If you decided to use CIO, be consistent for a few days before giving up, if really after one week, sstill no success, then change another approach. Just endure the frustration for this period, you will enjoy long period of good sleep after that. i am seeing progress in lele now but like most mummies, only i can settle her to bed, my hubby still cant do it. haiz, settle one thing at a time, wait till her sleep habits establishe then i will let my hubby try to settle her to bed.

Reena,

I bought 2 sets. How smart is yr baby and teaching baby to read. Ya, it's nt v cheap too after I convert them to S dollars. They are quite worth it since he enjoys looking at them.

Petrina,

yaya! Kee siao is a gd word to use on us.

Shirley..u r rite, can we confirm 4 April 2009 then ?
happy.gif

Interested:
1. abcdisney n bb
2. Celia
3. Jerejoy
4. Isabellali
5. Zhiqiang, Yvonne &amp; Baby Bryan
6. Shirley + Lele + Zac zac
7. clover, hb + alexander
8. Reena
9. babyheng, hb and tristan
10. bbpink &amp; kyzac ( hb also if not travelling)

jerejoy: lucky u still have ur smart boy's cheery pics to look at b4 u go kee siao.. mine hor, dun smile at camera de.. so pek cek..
somedays when i super tired, i'll use my ergo on him whole day.. so prevent him frm being cranky..
but end up wif back pain. keke

i saw e GD cards, cost abt $300. buy frm us. dunno is USD or SGD though..
hb wanted to buy while on biz trip. but din buy in e end.

Cake - I propose Pine Garden or Coffee Bean
happy.gif

so wat's ur bank account, clover..

<font color="0000ff"> can we tt $30 to clover by end of this month to confirm our attendance?</font>

i feel $ should be settled 1st to be fair to all the partcipants
happy.gif
No refund for absentees

bbk
Me too!!! me too!!!

birthday party
4 april ok, i tot if 1st week of march, den i cannot go liao.. Cos I have a chalet for my ds to celebrate his 1st birthday...

Mass Bday celebration..

Can't confirm if i will be ard during that period.. if am not travelling.. will def join in the mass celeb! .. So fun ..

Cost per family.. my thinking is just standardise one amt, easy for treasurer to collect.. if go per pax.. must add here and there.. then if last min cannot come, must refund etc.. very tedious for Clover.. :p i think a few dollars here and there will not make any difference to such a happy joyous occasion right!

Prank call.

Last time i got call from china.. pertaining to some celebration of TVBS.. then say i win dunno how much, must watch programme and answer question.. then go macau to collect prize money.. they persistent in calling and i also play along with them.. asking many questions, eventually they got fedup i think.. hahahah. They are smart pple.. but i am smarter WAHAHAHHA ...

Sleep Thru
My AW will def wake up one time for feed in the nite.. timing super zhun one loh.. haizz..bo bian. .. but after that feed she will sleep thru till 8am. Guess thats enough sleep for me already..last time TBF, i wake up every 2 hrs to feed her.. go bersak liao.. :p now at least is 9.30 - 3, 3.30 to 8.30.

Flash card..

My girl look away when i flash the cards to her.. she shouted at me when i read story books to her.. haizz.. she is a terror..waste my effort.. but she likes it when i sing and dance along with the barney's DVD.. guess she wans mummy to be a joker! sucks..

Bfing bb vs Clingy..
I agree that SAHM and Bf bb can result in clingy bb.. but my bb is also independent like clover's.. not as bad as pet's and adeline's bb :) i can usually leave her with my mum for 2 hrs and be back afters for BF..last time. But i find her to be very "TE" as in..super attention kiddo.. once she cry, must carry or pamper or make her happy.. haizz.. dunno whether is it all kids like that or BFed bb like that.. but now i put her on FM, she also super attention kiddo.. but i am used to heckcare attitude when i hear her cry.. wahahah ..is my maid who cannot tahan..

clover
[email protected]
happy.gif

$30 per family is easy for every1, easier for accounting as well..anyway, i wun be ordering for 30 people, 30 heads..

so 1 family i count as 1 head ..very few of us eat tat much anyway

and i can guarantee it is enough and no food wastage..

My idea is to have an affordable party where every1 can attend and have a good time, and lots of photos of cos..hehe..bring along another adult to take pictures hor

<font color="0000ff">Budget Costings</font>

Buffet at $10 - $15 per family ( try not to have more than 3 adults a family)
Banner at $50 - $80
Baby Biscuits
Birthday Cake not more than $150

Left over $ - can buy a nice mickey mouse and nice minnie mouse agar agar suggested by abc
abc, u wana order that ?

petrina

i can totally understand abt not smiling at the camera. Zac zac is one such boy, all his babies photo mostly not smiling one. Dont worry, now he grow up to be a damn cheeky boy, always wearing a smile on his face. i nearly murder him during his colicky and clingy days, pek cek pek cek and smack his bum bum once and after that regret like hell! haiz, when i look back its seem so silly, can only give u a note of encouragement add oil!

babedude: yaya.. my prank call also like urs.. different country niah..

flashcards
my boy like urs. look away while i m flashing.. he only happy when i act as clown..

clover

zac's birthday cake is $100 but quite small lei. maybe we can have cupcakes tower birthday cakes then dont need to cut save trouble and we can put the names of all the babies attending!her cupcakes around 2.50 for min and 4.00 for normal cupcakes. Ordered cupcakes for zac sunday school easier to distribute.

1799420.jpg

1799421.jpg

Back