(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Hi Shorty,

We also not having s** since i know i am pregnant till now. We afraid it will harm the baby. Ya...our hubbies are very "ke lian"..hahaha
happy.gif

intercourse not harmful to baby/ mummy/ daddy
for my #1, we had regular intercourse right up to b4 my hosp admission. Same for right now. Daddy happy = Mummy happy = baby happy
i think my aunt even did it in the delivery ward to help speed up the dilation.
happy.gif

golden pig,

Whaha ur aunt so power wor!!! By the way delivery ward dun have nurses around mer? They not scare people just open the door and see what's happening?

Ok, well, thanks for some feedback mummies....let's hope our babies continue to grow well...having better appetite nowadays too..but still burp a lot..so sianz abt that. Gynae said shd be better, but for me like not really...still burp always.

Good for you who can feel your baby movement so early..haha..are u sure it's movement and not ur imagination? Hehe..anyway..still waiting for that day that I can feel too.

Hi Ladies,

Juz came back fm my gynae check. I am over the moon now!!! Expecting bb girl. Guess I am will be crazy shopping now with "reasons". Since #1 is boy :p This visit got so many test to do. Think all in all the nurse drew 4 bottles of blood. I only opt for triple test & the std test (eg. HIV, Hep B, etc)

hihi!

Yest went for my scan but bb naughty e head is facing downward so gynae unable to measure e size of e bb's head.. gynae pressed my stomach and shake a bit then e bb's legs like kickin.. hahaha! so cute!! unable to see gender oso..

i hav gained total 2kg but dont really bother me much now as long as bb is healthly & normal. i'm happy!!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Think I should be envious of you gals not putting on weight at all. In my 16 weeks now, have put on at least 6 kg! Think I'm the fattest mummy around. Haha! My colleagues all can see my tummy so officially am looking quite pregnant.

Thought my morning sickness was over by 2nd month then suddenly since last morning, been having morning sickness again and evening time no appetite. Strange isn't it? Wondering if anyone's the same as me? I guessed in another way it's good since I've put on too much weight liao.

Wish to feel baby's movement but only getting hairier like some of you below belly button. So weird.

Sex has been minimised but hubby and I still enjoy it though he's super careful about baby. Hee!

Valencia, Congrats to your baby gal! Now can shop and shop. =)

Hi ladies,

I'm in my 13th week, and already gained 3 kg, plus tummy getting quite obvious. I thought it's not supposed to start showing so early on??
kao_embarrassed.gif

Hi oreo, i had spotting in the 4th and 5th week as well, rested for three weeks during the June sch hols and was given another 4 weeks coz the spotting was rather bad. When the gynae did a vaginal scan for me, can see fresh blood on the tool. Was so worried that during the earlier visits to the gynae, i cried each time i came out from the consultation room. After the complete bed rest, though, plus hormone pills plus weekly injections for about 2 mths, thankfully the spotting has stopped. Have gone back to work recently, and really taking things slow. Even my colleagues are teasing me that they are not used to seeing me walk so slowly!
kao_biggrin.gif

So take very good care, really heed doc's advice and stay in bed as much as you can, most importantly, keep your spirits up! Take care!

Hi ladies,

I'm in my 13th week, and already gained 3 kg, plus tummy getting quite obvious. I thought it's not supposed to start showing so early on??
kao_embarrassed.gif

Hi oreo, i had spotting in the 4th and 5th week as well, rested for three weeks during the June sch hols and was given another 4 weeks coz the spotting was rather bad. When the gynae did a vaginal scan for me, can see fresh blood on the tool. Was so worried that during the earlier visits to the gynae, i cried each time i came out from the consultation room. After the complete bed rest, though, plus hormone pills plus weekly injections for about 2 mths, thankfully the spotting has stopped. Have gone back to work recently, and really taking things slow. Even my colleagues are teasing me that they are not used to seeing me walk so slowly!
kao_biggrin.gif

So take very good care, really heed doc's advice and stay in bed as much as you can, most importantly, keep your spirits up! Take care!

fishia, thanks for the compliments..heehee..ya my gal does have a lot of hair since birth. This is the 2nd time we put her in the pool and juz used tap water. Allowed her to waddle in the pool and play for about half hr or so. First time I did ask hb to mix some hot water in. So far so good.

golden pig, you very good ah, already learn hakka. I not hakka but ILs are but they don't speak often. Heehee...so you had all those yellow wine and hong chao chicken for confinement ya? Wow, u still have fun wif hb till delivery. I think I now so tired knock out b4 hb even comes to bed to have chance. So far only once..haha...

Those no.2 mommies, do u find ur tummy expand faster? Mine now look like 5 mths preggie and starting to get clumsy..

Hi, new to this thread here.
i'm in week 15 now, next mon going for the dreaded blood test...
still having abit of nausea and constipation/gas...thought it should wear off by now but still having it (sigh)

Good evening ladies,
I will be dropping by Mt Alvernia this weekend for a visit. I am kinda excited. Kinda reminds me of the wedding shows I attended when I was planning my wedding! Anyway, I am now kinda worried that of all the pregnant mummies in the visit, my tummy is the smallest! <-- just kinda worried that people might think I am crazy to go for such hospital visits when I am still early in my pregnant. But I am already about 14 weeks+, should be ok right?

Hi Lynn,
Yes, that gynae a bit not sensitive right? ;) But still very thankful that KKH has a clinic on that particular Sunday morning. =)

Hi Steph77,
I also went for the same place Ma-La steamboat last Fri! It was a good meal. I bet my baby must be wondering why on earth his/her mummy was eating soo much on that day! My favourite is the chicken soup and the dumplings! =P

Hi icy,
I have been taking Obmin for the past 2 weeks. No problem for me so far. I only need to take it once/ day. I was supposed to take it in the morning after breakfast, but I take it at night before I hit my bed though. If you feel that the vitamins is giving you problems, I think better inform your gynae, just be on the safe side.

Hi ladies wanted to post in the afternoon abt my visit to gynae but this forum in maintainance mode again .....

My bb oso face downwards gynae say maybe is a girl .... showing baby showing me her backbone so clearly ...... baby is 7.98cm n weighing 88g heeheheh .... so cute .... I have pass the weeks measuring the neck thickness so gynae roughly make the measurement she is is 0.27 or 2.7 i dun remember is it normal? she told me it doesnt seems thick .... I will be doing my triple test on 20/08/07 and NT scan on 5th sept .... hope everything is good

I have not been putting on weight i lost 1kg again my thyroid doc say is fine as lone baby is growing well .....now i have all supplement fish oil, calcium pills and obimin .... hehehe .... the pills are BIG!

Morning ladies!

dis morning i gav my seat to a pregnant lady, becos e 2 guys sittin beside is either reading newspaper or e other one pretend sleepin and i see her tummy so big so i let her hav my seat... althot my tummy shows a bit, i think ppl thot i fat. hahaha!

Haiz.. i wish my tummy will b more obvious then i dont hav to giv up my seat and ppl can giv mi theirs instead.

qing qing: my gynae didnt say anything abt e gender of bb... NT is it e detail scan?? becos i'm doing mine end of Aug..

Morning Everyone, trying to post yesterday afternoon but forum in maintainment mode...sian....

S**
I'm still have s**, did ask my gynae before is it safe. Accordingly to gynae, as long there's no bleeding s** is safe but best is after the 3rd month.

Congrats to those who know yr baby gender. May i know at which week you know yr baby gender?

steph, i have made an appt this afternoon to see my gynae. cough and flu still not not fully recover and i still having the pain when cough and pee. yesterday, i was unable to sit on the towel down cos when i try to sit down under my tummy left side seemed pulling and it hurt, only after the 4th try i manage to sit down and pee... mentioned to my hubby, and dunno is it baby hand or leg cos the pulling and pain, if it is i might be hurting my baby....

babe and golden pig, my mum is hakka and she will be doing confinement for me. and she have standby the homemade rice wine. yummy yummy.....

QQ, yr baby growing well...good.... u now week 14 and yr gynae can tell baby gender...have u mention to yr il that baby maybe is a gal? i think u better don't tell them 1st wait till final confirmation.... but no matter what healthy is more important, so boy or girl is the same..

hihi!

My mum is hakka too.. she didnt master e doing of rice wine, only my grandma kws.. my mum told mi she can make e rice wine but taste so so only..
my grandma make a few bottles only becos she's getting old so itz quite hard for her.

re: hakka confinement
my MIL only came to my place for 2 wkends during my #1 confinement. She prepared chicken with wine for me, but after taking, i had lotsa pimples, and worse, my boy kena RASHES coz i was bfg him. Hubby told MIL not to add anymore alcohol in my food, coz i dun take alcohol at all, not even alcohol chocolates/ cake etc.

I love the mei cai kou rou that my granny-in-law makes. B4 married, i was quite cautious & only took a bit, coz quite different from the teochew cuisine that i grew up with. Thereafter acquired the taste for it and now really help myself when it's served for dinner.. yummyyyy. My MIL is quite the cook.. she's got some cooking genes. Her sis owns a restaurant in Ipoh. So far haven't gone to visit yet.

sorry, regarding my last msg, i was trying to say i trying to sit on the toilet bowl and not towel down..

sorry girls I am not gg to NT scan is F.A scan Foetal Abnormality scan ..... cost $180 have to do in ESH

hi morning all,

qing2, i saw yr blog & u took pic of the supplement ah??...then i saw NeuroGain but yours is S (pink packaging) while mine is PB Plus(blue packaging) Any differences huh? Is fish oil right?
Good that yr baby is growing well...way to go!

Valencia, congrats on having bb girl
happy.gif

Joyce, ok take care. Update us on baby status aft gynae visit. Dun worry. I have been experiencing some pain/cramps yesterday. Few minutes on left tummy & few minutes on right. Today so far feels okay...will monitor...if pain cannot tahan, i will call clinic for advise.

Hi ladies,

Anyone here nausea feeling stopped and came back? I am in 15 weeks my MS stopped at week 11 and now came back again..... Today suffering from breathless, headache and nausea!!!

goldenpig & Lynn,
re: hakka confinement & rice wine
U mean rice wine originate from hakka ? My mum knows how to make them, taste very nice when added to chicken soup or confinement dishes. I tried it during my sister confinement & i love it. Do we still need to take DOM since we already taken rice wine?

goldenpig & Lynn,
re: hakka confinement & rice wine
U mean rice wine originate from hakka ? My mum is teochew but she know how to make them, taste very nice when added to chicken soup or confinement dishes. I tried it during my sister confinement & i love it. Do we still need to take DOM since we already taken rice wine?

Hi everyone...

Me also went for my checkup yesterday and able to see bb gender.

Guess wat, it's another boy! Hoping for a gal since my #1 is a boy. But never mind la, as long bb healthy is ok and my son wants a boy too

congrats to all those able to tell bb gender!!
happy.gif

can start shopping for bb stuff..

steph: i dont really kw if rice wine originate from hakka anot.. i tink so ba..

red: u can save a lot since itz another prince..
can try for a princess aft dat??

golden pig: wen my sis doing her confinement 2yrs ago, i ate lotsa rice wine chicken too.. my sis dont hav much appetite so i'm e one eating most of e confinement food and pimples keep poppin on my face..

hi everyone,

i am back from one day mc...got minor throat infection and low grade fever.

Fishia, your boy is abt 19 months old? Dun worry abt speech...as long as he can utter few words and can understand what you say should be fine. Boys are stronger in motor skills and usually delayed speech. My boy also cant say a lot of things...but he is picking up more things these days. He is turning 21 months next month. Yesterday morning he was so happy that i was home and we were lazing around on bed after we woke up...he played with my hair and i wanna take revenge so i tickle his ear....guess what...he say i 'huai4 dan4'....so naughty right....so many things dun say...he learn to say huai dan....haha

steph, i have been having craving for ma la huo guo for very long liao....but everytime eat, we'll be like eat till super full.....then i also wanna watch my diet...cos i only eat the mala coup...and its super oily...scare my body cannot cope with the glucose....oily food will affect...but think one of these days i will still go and satisfy my craving.

mylife, your skin is stretching liao...so must apply the stretch cream liao.....skin will be itchy when they are stretching and dry =)

Steph i think is the same leh ..... this cost me $40 heheeh gg to unity to check the price and get from unity

here's what i bought from Unity.

neurogain PB, 30 caps, $34.65
Obimin, 100 tabs, $17+
Caltrate (blue) 60 caps, $22+

all b4 my dad's 5% senior citizens' disc and linkpoints.

qingqing
I looked closely at my NeorogainPB and compare with your NeurogainS, mine says "Dietary supplement for preg & bf women". Yours says "DHA Supplement for preg & lactating women".
On my bottle label, it says "natural DHA, EPA, AA, OA concentrated 500mg per capsule"

Lynn,
Hmm..seems many bb curled up during visit. Mine was curled up too. Gynae pressed and pressed then she started to uncurl. But still quite "bend" since they r so flexi. So even though the CRL measurement was taken, also not accurate (What I feel personally :p). Her conclusion was "ok...bb growing well, good heart rate. Everything fine".

hammies03,
Thought 2nd time mummy should be able to feel the movement earlier as compared to 1st time mummy. But as of now, still cannot feel anything. Hehee....

And I am so happy to confirm can eat sashimi & medium steak!! Yippe!!! Ta ta to well done tough & tastless steak. But, gotta ensure sashimi is fresh & moderation is still the key

ernmum,
ur boy boy r so cute. I can even imagine e way he said, 'huai4 dan4'... my mum said the stage baby learning words is most fun stage.. cant wait for my bb come out..
happy.gif

Valencia,
Congrats u hav a gal gal...
hope i wld like u, have boy boy 1st, then follow by gal gal...

re: food
I have craving for spicy food since wk10.
last wkend my MIL just cooked one super spicy & sour mee siam for us. All the people, except me, complaining its too hot for them, some even have gastric pain after taken e mee siam.
I told my MIL, its super delicious, just nice..
haahaa...

re: today lunch = Kim Chee with rice & lotus Soup.
happy.gif

mspiglet
your MIL so sayang u! how fortunate. Most elder generation will say "preg women cannot eat too spicy, cannot too sour etc etc" so sian

Hi mummies,

Was sick big time, down wif bad sore throat since sun, mc for 2 days then came back yest, totally diff to slp at nite becoz of the soreness. My MS also came back, puke many times yest n today, i feel really bad, wonder when will these bad times go away, sad
sad.gif

qingqing,
Juz saw ur blog. Aiyo, the pic of the salmon sashimi really make me "die die" going to eat later!!!! LOL~

mspiglet,
Not all stages of bb also cute one. Got one period I find my son very hateful :p "kek" me till I cried many times. Basically, love & hate relationship. Hehe... But he can be very sweet too. Like juz a moment ago, he hugged and kissed me saying "love u mummy" and to him, I am the "prettiest & best mummy" (though I know I am not). Really no regret staying at home.

Forgotten to thank all the mtb/mummies
happy.gif

Hey Evelyn, don't be too sad..just drink more water and all will be well in time. That time also fell ill during first trimester. Took a week to get well...

What a rainy afternoon here on my side...wish can stay at home and sleep. Haha...

So nice to see that so many of you are 2nd time mums already...wonder how my first experience in motherhood will turn out..lots of sacrifice, time and effort needed rite? Haha....

hi hammies,

my MIL offer to do confinement for me so i am not getting CL as the charges very ex $2,600. My hubby anything but he say u ok one huh so later cannot complaint hor. I wonder what it will be like for MIL to do confinement during that one month & staying under the same roof! Anyway the plus point is i like my MIL's cooking. She is oso experience in taking care of bb.

Anyway if anyone is still keen to engage CL, let me know & i can give u her contacts.

hi evelyn,
cheep up! my gynae told me that MS symptom will return esp when we fall sick...low immunity. It will slowly go away when we fully recovered.

About the prenatal class.

I went to TMC, the class there cost about 299, 4-6 times, at least 20 couples.

So I booked one at Birth and Beyond. 5 sessions +1 Breast Feeding and 1 Baby care. no more than 8 couples. I think it is better to listen class in a small group. Total coast is 499 or 599...forgot.

Hope I will see any of MTBs there and make good friends.

golden pig mine is also the same 325mg of DHA, 32mg of EPA, 23mg of AA, 50mg of OA, 4.6mg natural tocopherol think is the same bah .... keke not so sure .....

valencia heehee .... tats for mother's day if i didnt remember wrongly ... only sashimi make u drool in my blog kekeke .....

my side oso raining liao .... been cold nites these few days refuse to wake up in the morning so shiok heehee .... hmmmm i have fishball noodles for lunch today ....

Hi mummies,

Thanks for all ur encouragement, hopefully can slp well tonite.

Hammies03,

Yar motherhood is not easy, muz have lots of patience & time for em, u will know it when u become one, hehe...

btw ladies check with u all har when we are Gonna stop folic acid?

my obimin n calcium pills is inside my package so i no need to pay for it only fish oil think i will buy from unity

hi ladies..me too trying to post yday but all the things i typed went down the drain cos of the maintenance.

Shorty, i jus called the hospital. Seems they have a fixed time daily for the tour. U jus call and give them your name and then turn up for the tour at the designated time lo.

Steph, when i was at TMC, they kept suggesting to me or rather insisting that i need to book thru my gynae but when nearer to delivery and i need to pay deposit, i will hv to go down personally to pay deposit...strange hor...might as well, i book and pay deposit rite? Dunno leh, they insisted must book thru gynae *shrug*

Wanna check with u gals anyone booking Malay massage lady liao? Who is good ah? I'm interested to get those really traditional kind with jamu (and not aromatherapy oil) and bindings.

Hi Anbrasia

I thot the class at TMC cost only about $214 ?

Anybody signing up for classes yet ? I intend to sign up next month when I visit my gyne.

hi all,

was on many days mc.. having bad flu for the whole week..tried to reduce the medicine consumption..find that it take longer time to recover.. hope tmr will be better ; )

Steph - Yup, saw many cars & plp heading to that Sheng Siong near our hse.. think few stalls in the foodcourt open oredi... haven tried yet.. hope is nice ; p

Btw, i got a CL thru' friend recommendation. Cheap cheap only charge me $1800...

mylife, i had malay massage for #1 and she quite good. Heehee my IL now get her to come off and on to help them do normal massage too.
Her name is Mdm Rokiah. will give u her no. later coz I didn't bring hp to work!!!

hi JanBB,
Get well soon! Is yr work place near to home?
my hubby tried the ba cho mee at $4 from Sheng Siong foodcourt, taste so so & ex leh.

Back