(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Oh, does that mean I've passed my first trimester too? I turned 12 weeks last Fri. I hope so.
happy.gif

Hi steph,

I bought the bella band to use. Quite useful as i can't seems to find any suitable maternity pants so this band will come in handy.

I bought it at Maternity Exchange @ $59 saw at mothercare they are reatiling the same price as well....

G tan, congrats! So u must have hope for a boy & yr wish fulfil huh
happy.gif
hope i will know mine during next visit..13Aug...so long...

shorty,
my colleague brought the bella band for $55.
Really useful ah? then i consider buying one...cos most of my usual pants/jeans cannot button...it is a waste to put them away so early.

Hi Steph77

Yes, we are all hoping for a boy because I already have 5 nieces ! No nephew at all.

Aug 13 is only 3 weeks away. very fast one lah.

o what is the liferacer thing? sound interesting, any difference between thermal and non thermal?

i've bought the bella band, good coz it helps to also hold up loose bottoms that may not fit now too.
happy.gif
I also hoping to have a boy, or rather my hubbie. We have discuss on boys names, but cannot come to an agreement with regards to girls names. So better to be a boy. kekeke.

Steph,
I use an elastic tube and it works well for me... hence didn't spend on the band...

G tan,
congrats! me having a boy too
happy.gif

eRnmum,
Gained only 8kg? What's your baby's birth weight then?

rE: bella band
babycentre.com selling at USD20.. dat's max SGD40 if take into consideration exchange rate and shipping.

I decided not to buy smthg like this coz i'm sure my butt & hips will also widen.. not just my waistline. So i just buy cheap maternity skirts/ pants, and hope to see my regular pants soon.

Hihi...I guess i will need to have my name remove from the list. Went for my check up and the gynae once again confirmed that my baby will be arriving early by 2 weeks...So i will have to go to Dec thread now.
Baby gender had also been confirmed as a little girl.....So envy with u gals whose carrying a boy. I was hopping for a boy myself but i didnt have my wish fulfil : )

Hi Steph & Shorty,

I learn abt dis bella band from a UK mag. I have been tried vy hard to find it during last 2 mths.
checked on some maternity clothes shop like mothercare, spring and some neighbourhood one. They all dun have it.
So at e end I remove the padding from my tube, and use it as bella band...
haha..

RE: Blood test
I have done mine too. Everything is fine.
happy.gif

Hope everyone is the same.

goldenpig,
i can't find the bella band under babycentre.com, which section shld we go to? i tried the search but in valid.
Normal bella band cost S$55 & with lace S$59.
I still cannot decide whether to buy anot cos i am not very convince abt how effective the bella band works for me.

Hi girls,

Can I ask you what kind of body moisturizer is safe to use? Some I see have vitamins like A, E, or D. Body is getting very dry, but I dont really dare to buy anything to use, some got oils etc. Also looking for breast creams.

Was browsing through the motherhood catalogue, looking at the strollers and baby beds. Getting really confused as to what strollers are good and sturdy. I was looking at the Xplory by Storkke? Very expensive, but then can use from infant till about 4 years old, so that means dont have to change strollers after getting one, would that be better? For those mums who have bought before, usually how does it work? I need to get an infant car seat becoz I drive, but then seems that I need to change the car seat after baby gets bigger, same as stroller. Help. I am thinking of getting the baby beds that can converted into toddler beds too.

Hi G Tan
Congrats.
happy.gif

During my last scan, my gynae was the same as urs. He nv tell me whether mine is boy or gal.
He just said,'this is the hands, legs... and u look carefully here... something stick out...' then i replie, 'izit birdie?' then he smile, then said, ' i nv said so, u said one hor. we cfm again next time then.'
So I still cant confirm whether is a he or she...
anw I have no preference, so its fine with me to keep on guessing for another 3 weeks.
happy.gif

Has anyone ever thought if lipstick is harmful? cos it goes into stomach with food... it's chemical product too...

Angelsky,
it's good to invest in a good stroller. Since you drive, weight is not a concern. A good stroller is easy to maneuver and durable. 5-points harness is good for bb safty too. I'm using Maclaren techno XT and it's good. Can use till abt 4yo too.

For infant, you need a rear-facing infant car seat. When they are abt 8mths old (depending on size and weight too), you may need to change to a normal car seat which some can be used until 4yo. However, most car seats are huge and bulky. So many prefer to upgrade to booster seat when abt 2yo. Try to get hand-me-down infant seat or get a second-hand one cos i feel not worth it to buy a brand new one. For stroller, check when warrantly starts. Upon purchase or birth of bb.

Most cots can be converted into toddler bed. I bought mine during JL 20% sales. Org price 299 including mattress and delivery. warranty starts after birth of bb.

Hi MsPiget

Thank you! Your gyne is as funny as mine. But from what he told u, i think yours must be a boy.

Hi Angelsky

I just use Johnson & Johnson lotion. I am afraid I may be have rashes if I use the wrong one. Since J&J is safe even for kids, I assume I can use it then.

Congrats to those who already know the gender of ur baby! Must be quite exciting to find out. When i went for my check up on Sat, still cannot see leh. haha..maybe its a gal...coz when sitting with legs crossed, cannot see anything 'sticking out'...lol....hope to know by the next visit...

Hey Fishia, JL also sell those wooden baby cots ah? I also checked out the baby kingdom & baby hyper store in Kaki Bukit. Thot there would be cheaper, but seems like JL also cheap?! When did u buy urs btw?

hammies,
actually baby hyperstore supply to JL for that model i bought. If you buy from hyperstore it's $299. so you may want to wait till JL sales. I bought abt 2 years ago dunno still have or not though... JL carries other cots too.

fishia,
Ok, thanks for the info. I have not been shopping at JL for quite some time now. Haha...maybe see if got another sale coming. I think they had recently is it..not sure if its ended yet...

steph
i went to the link u provided, then clicked within the page to find out where it retails, and one of the page was babycentre.com.

fishia
yeah for my #1 pregnancy, some paranoid mummy even swore off lipstick and lip gloss. aiyo no need la. It's not as tho we consume 1 lipstick each day.

angelsky
i didn't get a european pram coz all were too heavy for me to handle, fold etc. With my Combi, i could carry baby with 1 hand and fold/ unfold with the other. But Combi wheels look flimsy to me. Altho they haven't spoilt yet, i'm always careful not to use on rough terrain. Also, my Combi has a full canopy which was helpful when my boy slept in the pram, or when there was a light drizzle. Husband and I give Combi and other Japanese brands THUMBS UP for clever design and function. Get a roomy one if u want it to last longer. When baby is still small, u can place baby head insert.

angelsky,
u r very gd mummy leh...now started to think & buy pram/stroller/car seat. Me very lazy...i intend to go shop around wif hubby (be it JL sales/kiddy palace/IMM/baby hyper store/Giant etc...)then if the right one comes along, we'll just pay & go. I have heard of many gd reviews from friends abt Combi & McLaren brands. Price range fr $250 to $500 for a very durable, comfort & light weight one. I even saw the brand "Ferrari" infant car seat, damn ex at $450++ from IMM baby store.

Hi ladies,

finally have the time to log in..
went for my scan last thur...managed to see the gender of my baby too..I am having a gal! so happy when i know abt it cos i have been hoping for a gal. can close shop after this liaos..hehe

gynae even tells me can start thinking of name for the gal...
happy.gif

Hi all,

Been busy and sick for a long time... still having a bit of cough which just wouldn't go away.

Went for my Oscar and thankfully the results were ok. Hope those who have yet to go will have good results too.

I have been window shopping around for baby things and when i went to Takashimaya yesterday, the sales person told me that they will be having a baby fair on 16th Aug where the fountain area is. So do keep a look out...

eRnMum,
WOw u put on only 8kg & bb at 2.645kg..bb boy really sayang u so didn't make u put on too much weight
happy.gif
normally average weight gain is ard 10 to 15kg.

count down another half an hour, can knock off work liao.

thanks for sharing on Taka fair...
i hope Pigeon will be there (as usual)
need to restock their wipes liao.
Anyone knows where cheaper to get Pigeon Hand & Mouth Wipes, the yellow packet?

ernmum
does the neighbourhood store sell Pigeon Hand & Mouth Wipes? I dun even see it at Budget Value and Prime Mart.. the neighbourhood supermkts. Only "central" places like shopping malls, and the prices are all controlled islandwide...

for mummies having #2,

anyone one has leapfrog DVD? any idea if it's good? any speech development material/toys to recommend?

Hi Steph,
Still the same. Running nose or blocked nose most of the time. Sian. Last night couldn't sleep because my whole body ached and I couldn't find any position that is comfortable enough to sleep. Don't know if to consult a doctor or not.

Bo bian, I need to plan what things to buy so whenever hubbie comes back to Sing, we can go buy bit by bit, else when I am on my own, quite difficult to go buy such stuff, we also dont have time to walk around to shop when he comes back coz time is always very pack with other stuff.

Since I also new mum to be, so quite inexperience
happy.gif

shooting star
previous years, they've got loads of clothes and toys. i bought some assorted stuff before, eg blanket, Pigeon cup, biscuits etc. Maybe some other good deals which i'm not aware coz i dun need to buy those. Spend some time browsing thru la, the entire atrium will be filled.

hi ladies, finally i have time in the evening o post hubby went out of town for business trip so was left alone
sad.gif
hahahaha

to those mummies to be who still having cough or sore throat do take care and drink more water ...and rest well ..... god bless.....

i saw someone posting say went eunos there buy baby stuffs//?? where is it

Good evening ladies,

Hope that everyone is doing fine. =) To those who are recovering, get well soon.

Can I ask when do I need to book my hospital for my delivery? I have not really thought about it, so want to know the latest date which I need to book. Do I book through my gynae or directly with the hospital?

Also, can I ask. Am I supposed to be sit up straight all the time now that I am pregnant? I know that I have lousy posture, but I am just wondering if I "hutch back", will I be squashing my poor baby =P

My appetite has been ultra good these few days. Chicken wings have been on my mind recently. I try to control my diet by eating more vegetables during lunch and dinner. SOOOO tempted to eat the sweet pineapple with black sauce + chilli. But was warned by my colleagues and my hubby not to be naughty =S

I can't wait to know the gender of my baby. So jealous (and happy) of those who know the gender already =) I hope I can find out when I go for my checkup next Sat.

AhCapp, i think ur gynae will help u thru the booking ..... for mine i will be seeing her on wed so will sign up the package with them ..... and of cos hope tat i can see my bb gender too hee hee.... i also have craving for pineapple but cannot eat
sad.gif

qingqing...the eunos place to buy baby stuff is at kaki bukit ave 1, shun li industrial park. Got 2 stores...Baby Hyperstore and Baby Kingdom within walkable distance of one another...

thanks steph, i have called up my gynae clinic and his assistant have take note of my problem and she will ask my gynae when his back on thursday whether do i need to bring forward my appt.

G tan, congrats.... so u must be very happy... i hope i'll be able to know my baby gender on the next appt(11th aug). time seem to slow down... looking forward to 11th aug....

Back