(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

angelsky

the only side effect after the ga was feeling very sleepy. slept for the whole day... LOL
happy.gif
the nurse did ask me if i felt nauseous cos i think she wanted to give me the anti-nausea jab.

u lucky, i thought i died after the ga, rather I felt like dying. I was so hysterical that the nurses actually got to call the doctor to come back during the night to look at me, because I kept puking and then cant talk and cant breathe. I also could not eat for 2 days, coz I kept puking out the food.

so this time, I kept asking my doc (a different one from the last time), if it will happen again, coz its quite terrifying.

angelsky
your prev time GA was for the ectopic issit?

I had GA when i was 17 to remove all 4 wisdom teeth at 1 go, even those which haven't erupted. Coz dowan to destroy my orthodontic work (ie i wore braces). No side effects.. i went back to sch next day even tho i was given 1wk MC. Just din take part in PE.

angelsky

can tell tat u had very bad experiences with GA. u better check with the doc if this is gonna happen again? really sounds scary...i was put on drip for the 1st day. strictly no food and even water must only sip sip... are u opting for natural or c-sect?

i book another massage lady liao @ $250 for 7 days and free baby massage from 3rd session onwards till last session

angelsky/sassy,

I had GA when i went for my lap surgery & the side effect was terrible. I was superb nauseous & kept puking. Couldn't take in any food or drinks at all for 48hrs & had to be on drip. Hopefully i don't have to go thru' the whole traumatic experience during birth!

Re: cost of eipdural

Wah...cannot imagine if avg cost of one dosage epi cost $500-$700 then in some cases where more dosage are required but i think max would be 3dose, total cost $1.5K-$2.1K... Nose bleed, POK liao:p not forgetting the cost for gas & painkilling drugs, such as pethidine.
I wonder how much TMC charge for epi ?

qq,

very cheap lei, way below the market rate... is she good? hve u tried b4?

steph,

i think GA and epi all have their side effects. i guess the side effects are subjected to individual's body.

steph

thanks for sharing the videos. i dun dare to watch... i dun even dare to see my wound when i went back to change the dressing. the nurse kept asking me to see la.. see la.. not scary one. i insisted a strict NO NO. then she gave me a few pieces of anti-keloid tape. asked me to change it every 10 days on my own...

Re: Massage lady

I tried to contact madam roskiah but think she is fully booked liao. She told me that her customers usually booked her 2/3 months advance!

Icy,

I have been using the Clarins oil since week 4 of my pregnancy. It very good. Till now am in 38 weeks still no stretch marks.

Wendyg

i was also huh, how to book in advance for so many months!!! Maybe its bcos she is too popular liao.

Luvv,
thks for your recommendation... will certainly check out the webby and try out the food...

Mom2Nat,
No leh, nvr try mussels in Lon... I was always eating duck rice in Bayswater or chinese food in Chinatown or Fish n Chips.. And you are rite man! the mussels in Brussels is fantastico!!!

Just curious, any mummies here already more than 38 weeks and yet to popped? Am getting real inpatient to see my BB!!! Such a long waiting game.....

sassy, steph, wendyg, yup my GA was for the ectopic. Same as steph, but I think yours should be laproscopy whereas I did the laprotomy. ie, the surgical scar for mine is longer. My gyne ask me to inform the doctor administering the epi so that they will take note. But well, maybe by then pain until breatheless also no choice.

Steph, I also could not take in food and drinks, though the nurses kept telling me to try, coz once eat means they can take me off the drip. I only managed to get off the bed 2 days after the operation to move around. The 3rd I was hyper active already, kept pestering my doc to let me go home. So I went home on the 3rd day after admission. kekeke.

Child birth video, I think I have enough, sometimes see too much may make us more panicky rather than more prepared.

Today is such a cold and windy day. Brrrrrr.

Jacelyn,

u contact Mdm Roskiah ? or Mdm Rokiah ?

Re: contacts on massage lady

Mdm Sadiah - 97724579 $50/session
Mdm Nadia - 81004091 $400 for 7 sessions
Mdm Mona - 90260085 $32/hr
Mdm Noor - 90048804 $50 for 2hrs *No jurong area
Hannah Wong (trained doula) - 96319557
Mdm Naini - 94562817
Liza - 94342836 $450 for 7 sessions
Rozie - 91846531 $400 for 7 sessions
Mdm Rokiah - 92716091 $538 for 7 sessions

wendyg,
book in advance = pay deposit or verbal confirmation so that when due, inform massage lady to schedule 4 massage lor.

wendyg,

Did the doctor tell u anything? My doctor only ask me to wait..... But monday i will be 39 weeks liao and my back is aching and having loose stools not sure if these are the signs of going to labour soon.

angelsky/sassy,

the childbirth videos not scary one. Very interesting. The Antenatal video is what we are going thru now...and the Postnatal video is what we will be expecting after birth. Watch it at yr leisure
happy.gif

Yes Jacelyn,
Me & AhCapp booked Mdm Rokiah during christmas period and at that time, i think she still left 3slots available for Jan08 booking. So i guessed me & AhCapp took 2 slots liao.

Steph,

Then me jia lat liao. She told me she will check her schedule then get back to me but till today have been 3 days still no reply from her!

Hi ladies,

I happened to dropped by Perfect mum at suntec. Saw that they sell half cup wired nursing bras. MTBs who are looking for comfy nursing bras with or without wire and half cups can drop by to take a look. Pricing wise is 3 for $69.90 if am not wrong.

hi everyone!
sorry MIA for a while.

pls dont let me freak u guys out! the stitching is in spore is definitely done straight after u deliver. actually i just found out that shd be the case here in melbourne too, and i'm gonna complain! poor me.. suffer extra for nothing. really hate that fat dr for doing this to me. i suay lor
sad.gif

i oso heard similac causes constipation. for #1, i used enfapro. now for #2, i use nan. but still got give EBM in addition to FM, so no probs with the stools
happy.gif

so excited for all of u who are goin to pop soon! remember to post photos of your NBs here ok? wish everyone best of luck n stay tough!

Jacelyn,

Try Mdm Sadiah. I read about good feedbacks from Dec07 thread mummies. Babe also booked her.

Abstract from Dec07 thread dated 02Jan:
<<mongs, yes, mdm sadiah is very good and strong, i like her massage though it can be painful in some of the areas, she told me if i feel pain in those areas means the winds are inside. U can also try to ask her for some tips, she very helpful and will advise accordingly. thumbs up for her!>>

jacelyn
doc ystrday chk'd amnio fluid still within normal levels, bb heartbeat is strong, so still ok to wait for natural. Next review 9 Jan.. If still nothing by then, will schedule c-sect, latest date for c-sect is 14/1.
Zero dilation, zero contractions, but his head is v v v v low. Must be all the walking &amp; squatting.

she only told me 3 signs of labour, which i hv memorised liaooooo
- contractions 5min apart
- waters break
- fresh blood discharge, then walk lots to encourage contractions.

wonder where's Lynn..

I just called and checked with my gynae. The epi charge range from 250 - 450 for normal delivery.
for c-sect, it should be much higher bah.

wendyg
My girl likes to play at the small pool, knee level only leh. So tiring to walk ard, bend down, get up... so I stil in one position like a log, then she will keep asking me to come here, go there, mommy play with me. Then her things float away, I gotta chase them!

Babe
I am seeing Paul Tseng at TLC clinic in TMC. My fren who was seeing LC cheng switched to him and found him better lor. But subjective lah.

How's mylife, Lynn and blackbatz ah??

mom2nat
oohhhh, u seeing Clark Kent *droolzzz* Are u Lois Lane?

we bring our boy to the deep pool and encourage him to kick. Easier for us, we can stand upright haha. He's also happy in his spaceship float.
Your girl's toys float away ask her to get them back herself la. Why pick up her toys for her. 4YO liao.

I havent try her .. but my frd did ... she say she is good .... Her name is Siti .... another I enquire is 240 5 session only ....

wendyg
Hahaha... wah piang!
Cos she likes to bring a lot of stuffs into the pool, then I can't monitor which one floating away. A few spades float away liao, and will go into the corners then bye bye no more.
She goes deep pool with float oso. but duno how to swim independently. Gg to let her learn soon.

mom2nat

bring spade to swimming pool for what... your place got beach ah?
u got lobang for swim coach liao? If not i can recommend my husband. But he charge expensive coz gotto feed me and my 2 boys.
lol.gif

Hello, mummies.
happy.gif

Jacelyn, I smsed Mdm Rokiah for prenatal massage for my back, she also said will check schedule but didn't reply. Think she must be full liao. Tried asking a Mdm rohaya too but also never reply. Sigh, think I can give up liao.

Wa, QQ, yours is cheap leh. Must pay deposit or not? I'm looking for a standby one in case I deliver early. Cos I booked Grace for post natal massage and she only available after 19 Feb. Wonder if it's too late to start almost 3 weeks after if natural birth. :p

Thanks, Mom2nat. I'm trying to reassure myself too. Went to see the fetal length/weight chart again. 36 weeks should be 2.622kg so mine should be ok. Guess I feel mine is small, because got a colleague who is also expecting first BB and due on 5 Feb, 4 days after me. Her BB was already 3 kg when she went to see gynae on Mon. her gynae told her anytime got pain, can go hospital to give birth liao. So mine feels so small in comparison. :p

After drinking milk last night, stomach a lot of wind, poo poo 3 times liao cos I lactose intolerant. :p

No update from mylife yet hor? She should be resting in the ward by now right?
happy.gif

icy,

how much does hardial charge u for 7 sessions? she charges me $390 for 7 sessions package. same as yours? i fixed it with her tentatively on the 21st.

Hello everyone...

I'm at home ! As MyLife has updated you guyz that my water bag burst suddenly early morning at abt 5.30am on 29 Dec.

The next thing I do is to call my gynae and he ask me to go to TMC immediately and DONT eat anyting cos mine is c-section. Then I woke my hubby up and told him the bb wanna come out le !!!

Well, my experience with #1 is also the same thing. Scheduled c-section date but bb wanna come out earlier cos water bag broke also...

By the time I reach hospital is already 6.30am. I was standing outside the delivery suite and suddenly the water just gushed out ! My panty, pads, dress, slippers are all wet !!! so embarrassing ! The nurse quickly bring me into the delivery suite and asked me to change into the gown.

I was hooked up on the CTG to monitor the heartbeat of bb. Waiting game starts... on off contractions which comes every 3-4 mins starts too. Nurses come in ask same question many times. Questions like do u have any dentures ? jewelleries, lenses etc etc... any drug allergy ? who is your gynae? these are repeated questions asked by whoever that comes into the ward !

Finally one nurse came in said "oh do u wan to try for natural ?" No thks I replied. "But still I need to chk your cervix." OMG ! it was painful !!! she inserted her finger so deep in to chk ! and told me I only dilate 1cm. I already told u I'm gg for c-section ma why still poke me ?! so angry !

Another nurse came in. "Oh so u gg for c-section? I will have to insert the urine tube into u now... take deep breath in and out..." ok this is not so bad not as painful as the finger incident.

I was wheeled into the theatre and I was asked to turn to my left and curl my body in a good position for epidural. Next min.. I was breatheless. I was catching for breathe ! I told the anaesthetician that I cannot breath ! He said Yes u can breath. Just close your eyes and breath in and out. But I just cant and I asked him to probe me higher. He did but I still cant breath. Then the nurse stuff the oxygen mask on my nose it was worst ! I resisted and shoke my head violently ! I tot I was gg to die leh !!!

The anaestician got angry and he told me FIRMLY. YOU CAN BREATH JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND BREATH IN AND OUT. IF YOU CANNOT BREATH WE WILL KNOW COS WE HAVE ALL THE MACHINES HERE TO MONITOR YOU ! Then I realise how stupid I was so I guai guai close my eyes and breath in and out in and out and hey it works ! hehehehe...

Then came my hubby in his gown sitting beside me. Then it was 7.45am ba... then came my gynae. "so how r u ?" I din answer him cos I need to concentrate on my breathing :p

My bb was taken out by 8am and wawahawahwah cries traveled to my ears and I open my eyes they showed me my boy's head and wow he was born 3.73kg !

The rest are stitching up and being pushed back to the room and shivering starts... (side effect)

Well this is my birth story that I shared with everyone here... hehehe...

Mei
for your update... My Son, Tate Chan born 3.73kg at TMC by epi c-section. thks !

kitsune,

if u are delivering via natural then to wait for 3 weeks is abit too late liao... u might not see the effects of the post natal massage. ie, firming of the tummy, getting rid of water retention, getting back to ur pre-natal body figure. u can try calling hardial which icy recommended.

wendyg
spade to scoop water!!! Hahaha... she bring all the beach toys to scoop water ah!
My hb oso can swim, but can't let own pple teach. There are a few swimming coaches tat comes by, but I haven't got the chance to talk to them yet. Your hb teaching your boys to swim ah?

Thanks, sassy.
happy.gif
I think so too. But my colleague said she started a few weeks later also, cos initially still pain and no mood with new bb. Will check with Hardial, hope no need to pay deposit cos I already paid Grace a deposit. If not, worse come to worse, may have to book 2 separate masseurs, one to do in end Jan/early Feb, one to do later. I also don't know when BB will come out. So fan. :p

Mdm Rokiah just replied my sms. Told her I'm on MC these 2 days so flexi timing. She said she'll check and see if she can squeeze me in for Sun but her schedule very full. Keeping fingers crossed. :p

<font color="ff6000">Chaye,

Well done la, glad u &amp; bb doing well now. What is the name of yr anaesthetist..so rude one. I wont want him to poke epi for me lor. Do update bb Tate pix when u r free
happy.gif
</font>

Hi ladies,

Guess we are all counting down to see our bundle of joy. Saw some mummies are looking for massage lady so thot I can share my experience with you.

I've tried Mdm Noor for prenatal massage and I've booked her for post natal massage too. Her massage on some areas abit painful but overall, it's relaxing. She use herbal oils to massage my back, belly and limbs. My legs was achy coz of water retention and had a backache. My body was relaxed after a massage. But of coz the next day, my body was achy for a day or two coz of the kneading. My hubby also commented that my arms and thigh abit slimmer after the massage. So i guess it was quite effective tat she helped me to get rid of water retention.

mom2nat
my husband is a full time swimming coach. maybe he's one of the coaches that visit your condo
happy.gif
Tall dark handsome one. But not as handsome as Clark Kent la... *dream*

congrats to chaye and mylife!!!

kitsune,

no deposit required by hardial. she can be contacted at 6554 4405.

mylife had just given birth to princess rylee at 1.52pm. relatively big bb weighing 3.3kg

Hi mummies,

Me MIA for beri long time...but see lotsa of mummies popped liao...Congrats to all mummies who popped.

My EDD is 1st of Feb but have a feeling that my boy will be out early to see mummy and daddy
happy.gif
I am now in wk 36 soon and bb weight is abt 2.6kg as of last sat. Lately have been having kind of menses cramp...wanna to check if this is so called BH contractions?

Back