(2007/11) November MTBs

Plim,
Sorry in replying so late. Fell pretty ill for the last few days. Chloe’s rashes have come down. Most likely the humidity & high temp are the culprits. I have been turning the aircon for the past few nights. She just seems to perspire easily. How's your baby's rashes?

Michviv,
Where is the playdays class held at?

Gelyn,
U can try HEINZ Muesli & Apple cereal. My girl enjoys that.. smells & tastes good!

k@ye,
I am still using the finger toothbrush on Chloe. I will sing to her while brushing her teeth. When she bites, I will show her my painful expression & she seems to understand. Sometimes, need some force. The difficult part is her tongue.

Cactus,
Be strong.. with treatment, u will be able to conceive another one! I m also having a medical condition since 10 yrs back n have been on med every day. 2x a day. It makes it more challenging for me to conceive but I m trying lor.. Wo Men Yi Qi Jia You!

tinkle,
R u still in SHA? I m thinking of gg over next yr. Wld like to find out more from you on preparation etc...

hi, is anyone at chiltern house? or can give feedback? luke got a place for pm session next yr, but i don't know whether to take it up or not..

re: maris stella..they don't have n1 or prenursery right? so our kiddos can't start there nest year..

hi all, it's been a stressful hectic work week, no time to catch up on the posts too.

I'm bringing A for thr JG bilingual trial tmr, anyone going too?

cactus, hugs to you, stay positive & strong!

K@ye:u'll be surprised tat sometimes airplane dun hv enough fuel
happy.gif
of cos more cargo is better
happy.gif

missA:must register or not???if not i wanna join to o:p but u let me know la
happy.gif

yvonne,
ya, my girl's rashes also start to dry up liao... think due to sweat (she perspires a lot!) la... and some more this kind of weather, really terrible!
good that your girl's ok now too, hope u urself is better?

weishy, i completed the registration form & paid the reg fee for JG as per instructed by ASHM few weeks ago. This morning JG called to tell me A is 18 mth soon so can join the class. I told them I prefer to go for trial before signing up. You can also call them and make appt for trial class but mine is 9am so i guess you'll prob go for ano class.

Gelyn: All the names of the medicines are actually brand names. I've managed to locate the actual name of i) Hizin = Hydroxyzine: this is an antihistamine that helps to stop the mucus production, ii) Vesican = bromhexine: would help to loosen the phlegm so that it irritates the throat less. Unless you have the active ingredient of the drug, I can't tell what is the drug for cough but in my experience there are no drugs that are recommended for children less than 2 years old and if the doctor gives it, he is using his professional judgement by going against these recommendations.

Since you mentioned that he has cough mostly at night, I would recommend that you use a nose drop. That can help dry up the secretions especially at night when the cough is due to post-nasal drip.You can purchase from any pharmacy. Hope this helps. =)

Yvonne: Playdays is at Clementi Arcade along Sunset way.

missA: JG finally called me and I'll be going down for a trial next Saturday at 2pm. =)Just for fun...

Playdays: Have sent all mummies details of the start date for the term and fees. Please read...=)

michviv, i'm totally not impressed with JG. It's so similar to PDS. The room was a little small and the kids hv to take turns during art time. With the swine flu, there is no sand & water play, just outdoor play. btw when will the PDS term end? A will be having term break and I thought of letting her join the last few lessons at PDS.

missA: Has Ashlee attended PDS before? What do you mean by its similar? In terms of lesson format? The PDS term starts on the 30th of May and ends 8 weeks later on the 18th of July.

michviv, A attended the playdays trial before, that time was free rem? Today the JG class started with playing with toys, then the teachers introduce the number 2 in both english & mandarin, then art time, then snack before going outdoor to play and finally back indoors for music before the class ended. Format is similar to PDS lor.

btw, the lady told me nx sat is PH that's why she asked to me do the trial today. You better confirm if they are open nx Sat.

cactus, take care of yourself and stay positive k? hugs.

k@ye, u leaving for london soon rite? enjoy your trip! btw where r u staying in london? Paris was nice but hor, think it would be nicer without a todd!! hahahaha.

suzanne -- hope the area u are staying has no swine flu cases! hope all's well with u.
rachel -- u delivered rite? hope all's well!

plim,
Must be the weather! Glad our girls are fine now. Chloe also perspires a lot! Even when I feel that the weather is juz nice, I can feel her head wet!

Langlao,
delete?!

mich,
I will give the PD a miss. too far for me!

Dreamer, checking out ur photos on FB now...

Me leaving for london on 15 May. Now i shudder at the 13hour flight! Dunno shd i get the mask for Claire to wear on flight too...

k@ye, but will claire wear the mask? nowadays, very difficult to get kaira to cooperate with us ;(

hopefully by then, the swine flu thingy has "cooled" off..... me also abit worried cos me leaving for my cruise on 13 May.

kaye,
i might see u at the airport on 15 May too....departing to Taiwan if nothing happens..
fingers crossed.

michviv,
i will see you email tomorrow. work mail =)

K@ye:my advice is to use the masks
happy.gif
and hv to change every 4 hours or so.cx flts all crew using liao.....SQ never use (andrew just got back from bkk today )

And cabin air is not fresh at all if u dun sit in 1st class.....they get the 1st hand air
happy.gif

miss A,
which teacher did u have?
For me,we went JG on a Sat 2pm class. I am not quite sure if my feedback is very accurate which is why i didnt post. A had her swim class at 12.30pm after which we went directly to JG. She was able to sit quietly and listen to the teachers, let me hold her hand and make signs when they were singing. I was quite amused cos that is normally not the case in PDS. PDS, she will run around and dont let me hold her hand and seldom sits down. Not sure if its because there are older kids around. My class had about 12kids. which was reasonable as there were 4 teachers. they also had puppetry. What i like is they do test for temp and have the kids wash hands before food, after play etc.

I will read what Michviv says on PDS tomorrow at my work mail. But will most prob go with PDS if all is good. PDS timing might work better for me, 10am class, then swim, then home to nap.

Subsidy for Nursery:
Hi mummies, may I know is there any subsidy for nursery for us boh? I know cc have.. haha.. dont know nursery and kindergarden entitled anot..
kao_blush.gif

Ladies: Me finally back in Shanghai after my NZ trip. It was a hassle to get through the customs, esp at the Shanghai airport since there was one case in HK and the guy transited in Shanghai. Took us an extra 45 mins to get through the quarantine and inspection counter. Luckily, things are ok. Will be posting pixs on FB later this week when all are settled down. Lots to catch up at work, luckily I have been checking emails periodically even when in NZ. But haiz, new leave policy again. Now introduced a 40 day flexi leave program with a certain % of pay given. Must submit my leave plans by end of this week. Sigh... But the good thing is I can get some time to spend with Matt...

Yvonne: No prob! If you ever want to come down for a trial class, just let us know.

missA: Oops! You're right. Our trial is on the 16th of May. =)

Bibinogs: Lazykat, Cindy & Tweetie - it was great meeting up with you and your little ones at the Bibinogs trial.

I wasn't impressed with the trial mostly because the classroom was so small. Don't think E liked the trial very much too. Only good thing was the zoophonics.

grace, I also think A was overwhelmed by the new environment cos she sort of stick to me at JG. Quite unlike her usual self but she did wandered off but eventually she'll come back not like in other trials where I hv to chase after her.

If we dun sign up for JG, we forfeit the deposit?

miss A,
weird hor, she stick to me the whole time which was a NEW thing. haahaa not sure why leh. and she kuei kuei follow instructions. at PDS, she will walk here and there and everywhere.

kaye,
almost same same timing....haahaa, yes me, hubb and A.

Hehe.... Onz lah... can meet but dunno whether our boarding gate near to each other boh...

counting down to my trip now

grace, same with A. most of the time she'll hack care me but yesterday keep holding my hands and look around to make sure i din disappear.

Yvonne/Skye/Dreamer: Thanks for the concern. I've started on my medication last wk. Doc advised me not to try to conceive till my thyroid level reduces to normal range. Need to test my blood again in 2 wks time to see if there's any improvement.

Weishy: E still not fully recovered yet, and this is the 6th day le. This is the worst and it's getting a bit too long to recover. Fever goes up and down, cough, fever and nw flu. Sian!!! We stayed at home over the long wkend and my HB even forgo his co. dinner at Fullerton over the wkend. My poor E, he has been having nightmare for the past few days, he'll shout "Don't want, don't want"in the middle of the night coz he has phobia with all the medication. He'll shake his head and say dont want whenever he sees me with the tray of medicine. Ke lian.....

Btw, u're not going bk to HK already? Hw's Hayley doing? Update yr blog lei:)

K@ye/Grace/Dreamer: So gd, everyone's going on holiday. Luckily i got back from mine 3 weeks ago, else will have to cancel the trip coz all leaves are cancelled indefinitely. So low morale...

yoko,
im into my 10weeks now, so far so good. What abt u? Why r u moving house again?

cactus,
hope E recovers soon!

grace, k@ye,
enjoy yr hoildays!

grace, is A going too?

kaye,
haahaa mine is 12.25. so definately can meet.

catusnah,
sorry to hear abt yr situation. you will get well soon! so dont be stressed ok ok... call me if u need to talk or anything. actually, i still dont know if i am going, will see how it goes. flights are paid, hotel has my CC details. hopefully everything is ok.

ueno,
wah so fast 10 weeks!! how is leroy, does he know yet? Yap, A is going, her first maiden flight....=) hope everything is cool and i dont have to cancel

ueno, Good to hear that everything is ok. So u are expecting a princess??
happy.gif
Btw my hb is batise with New Creation but I don't really like it cos u have to Q to get into the church on Sunday. I just find that it is pretty cold to me. Jordan and myself are not baptise. So I am thinking of doing it in BRMC. Can u tell me more abt this church. U can call me. U still have my no right?

I am moving to a bigger place. My previous place bit small and I find it very warm. Also not enuf space for another baby or another maid. Moreover is far from my parents. So now am moving back nearer to my parent place and bigger place. Jordan is growing up and need more space to move ard.

cactusnah:good good u'remon medication now...poor eagan le!!!!!!!!he must be terrified of those medcations liao....... to hv night mare le.......think drinking some cordyceps or pao sen will help to boost his immune system?????
havent update yet la kakkakak me super lazy wth blogging kekekkekek now facebook also lazy to load pixs liao :p

u take care la babes
happy.gif

ueno:congrats on ur 10th week!!!!so fast le
happy.gif

K@ye/grace:enjoy ur holidays guys btu pls pls do bring renough masks and vit c
happy.gif
simple "home" medication too.

kaye and grace:: ENJOY Your trips hor! don't forget to post your wonder buys here for us to droooool. hehe.

cactus:: hugs to E, hope he gets well sooon!

ueno,
congrats! *baby gal* dust to you!
happy.gif

tinkabel,
saw ur NZ photos on FB, the place is so.... nice! makes me butt itchy wana go again but too bad, wif 2 kids in tow now... think will be a loooonnnnggg time before i can go anywhere far again! boohoo...

k@ye & Grace,
enjoy your trip ya and yes, more travel-photos after that ya!

cactusnah,
saw ur blog abt E being down wif cough.
i'm sure he'll be fine soon - just give me lots of TLC which i can see he's getting loads from daddy, mommy & grandma!
happy.gif

mambobb,
u going to register C for NTUC childcare next mth? i'll do registration by 3rd wk of this mth, will be a PCF childcare for now and hopefully she'll be able to settle in soon. kinda worried coz she's like super-duper sticky koala bear these few days/weeks and every mrng will cry to be carried. sigh... tired doing it (even kena scold by hb for spoiling her) but if dun carry like v guilty like dat loe...

Kitty:
I will be sending her to NTUC cc this mth lor.. 15th May when she just turn 18th mths. Me also worried abt her.. sigh.. all along she is super sticky to me one.. other than the nanny.

Nw she wont want me to carry her in the morning.. bt as and when still wants me to carry even thou she knows how to walk nw.

What is PCF cc?

kittybride: ya, NZ was a place we hv been wanting to go for a long time. But if given another chance, i would prob give the North Island a miss. The South Island is so much better and nicer (as u can see from the volume of my photos and we decided we better go now, before my #2 comes. Now back in SH. Lots of admin and work to catch up but I thought I better name the photos before I forget the places haha...

Cactus: I am sorry to hear abt ur health and E. But stay positive, nothing is impossible. Just need to be less stressful and take things easier. Hope E gets well soon.

grace / k@ye: Enjoy ur trips... Shop shop and shop... Hahaha... Hopefully your little ones will stay gd on the flights. Matt gave us some problems when we were landing back in shanghai. Just refused to sit quietly and threw a tantrum.

K@ye: Ya, i'm in the hospital industry. So all planned leaves are cancelled, even for those who have paid for their travel package are "encouraged" to cancel also. Luckily i came bk earlier, else will have to forfeit everything.

Grace: Shld be ok to proceed for yr trip, else wasted. Taiwan still not too bad, just have to bring mask, just in case. Heard Spore may step down to Yellow alert in the next few days if there's no more cases in Mexico/USA. All of us here are praying hard coz the mask is killing us!

Ueno: Thanks. And gd to knw u're progressing well in yr pregnancy. Take care.

Weishy: Yup yup, taking my medication and it causes me to feel very sleepy at the end of the day. My heart beat slows down also. Other than my puffy eyes, i feel pretty normal:) And wrt Eagan, yes i think he is indeed scared of all those medication. Thanks for the recommendation, will try to "Bu" him. Just called home, my MIL said his fever up again to 38.2. Will have to bring him for blood test le. Poor baby...

Hee...i've been too tired and busy to blog also. Sometimes dare not switch on the pc coz i usually will stay up till 12-1am reading emails, FB, and updating blog.

cactus, I'm having flu and had to put on a mask at home cos scared pass to A. It is really uncomfy, I can hardly breath plus my nose is blocked.

Hugs to Eagan, hope he recover soon. How many days fever liao?

I think my ex-colleague is your IT guy now, hee hee.

Back