(2007/11) November MTBs

Gelyn, Tweetie,
based on ZY's past cough experiences, it takes a longer time to recover fr cough and phelgm and i rely on PD's medication and her condition will usually improve after 2-3 days of eating the medication, but will take up to a wk to fully recover. I will stop giving the medication and let her recover naturally once her condition improves.

Hi Pig, K@ye @ S@L - Thanks for the heads up on Avent - I will go buy the no.III for Ash later..

Gelyn - I am using Nestum cereal for Ash and he loves it...

ashm, is variable flow teats, not the stage 3 teat.
it allows u to change the speed of flow with 1 teat by turning the bottle.

<font color="ff0000">Gelyn</font>
havent heard from you regarding the bear collection? pls contact me thanks!
as for cereals, i m using Nestle Brown rice cos its not as sweet as the rice /honey flavours

S@L - Thanks!! I thot its the stage 3 teat!! Ok ok will get the variable one... I got the bears last Thu; gave one to my girlfriend yesterday and she absolutely loves it!! Thanks again!!

Tweetie/ Lazykat: I also stop the medication when his condition improve. But when I thought he was recovering, it come back and got worse. So I have been bring him to the PD almost every weekend for the past 3 weeks. Somemore, daytime...you will not heard him cough at all cos he only start to cough at night. So I am worried.

S@L: Sorry...wanted to collect from you last weekend. But was busy till its slip my mind. I will collect from you this weekend ok. :) thanks thanks.

ASHM/ S@L: Thanks for the recommedation. I will try to let him try if he like it or not.

Mummies,
Can i use this space to download my grievances? I finally have an answer to the cause of my recent miscarriage.....coz i'm suspected of Thyroid! I saw a doc last Fri evening aft wk coz my eyes were very pain and swollen. The family doc is v.experienced and asked me a series of question which my ans to almost all of them was positive. She asked if i've been losing weight, trembling hand (at times), increase heart beat, tirdness, and the next obvious one is my swollen eyes. And the ans to all these questions were a straight "Yes". The doc ordered me a blood test and the result came bk this afternoon. The clinic called me and said the doc summoned for me. Sigh...i read thru the internet and it shld be 99% confirmed of me being Hyperthyroidism. And the doc also mentioned that my MC cld be caused by my condition. I've no family history of thyroid, so dunno what's leading this disease to me.

Very sian, the thought of taking the medicine and putting those extra weight makes me restless. The thought of not being able/difficulties to get Eagan a brother/sister with this condition makes me double/triple sian.

Sigh.....dunno if it's coincidence or what. Exactly 2 months ago (24 Feb) i saw a doc and received the bad news of my possible MC, and 2 months later on 24 Apr, i was diagnosed with Thyroid. I was never a sick child, dunno why i become so vulnerable aft giving birth. Argghhhhhhh.......!!!!!!!

Hi Cactusnah,
my fren was diagnosed with thyroid when she was in her 9th month pregnancy.. and it got worse after the delivery. nevertheless, doc claimed he just has to drain out the liquid/puss will do.. and he told her that it has nothing to do with heatiness during confinement or pregnancy. Hope yours is also a simple one that can be resolved without long term medication.

Hi ASHM,

There is only one size to the variable teat. but if you look carefully at the teat, just point the | or || or ||| facing up and you can get different flow. ||| being the fastest.

cactusnah,
so sorry to hear abt this breaking news. *hugs*
one of the reason that causes thyroid could be due to excessive stress. It happened to me colleague and she had all the syndrome u mentioned above. But i hv heard of cases whereby the patient recovers as well too. I dunno how i can help, but would definately offer u help if u need to for e.g. if u just want someone to talk to. Really hope that u will brace yourself up and i believe early diagnosis will definately help in terms of your recovery.
I try to find out more from my colleague if i can contact her. Hope u have ample rest and dun stress urself too much.

Pig/S@L: Thanks for the comforting words. Yes, stress is one main factor but i think i'm ok lei. Not too stressful. Another factor i read is postpartum pregnancy. Not sure hw they're linked. And me and my colleagues noticed my more severe swollen eyes aft my MC. Not sure if the stress during my recent MC worsen the whole condition.

Sorry mummies, always share this kinda "Suay" news here. Take gd care of yr own health, i thought it did, but it happens.

Cactusnah, hugs hugs hugs. I am so sorry to hear this. Take good care, keep your spirits up!!! Don't keep thinking about it le.... Get well soon n ttc again!

cactusnah :HUGS HUGS HUGS to u!!!!!!!!!!! u need listening ear me can offer too.....but do take care and like cindy said,keep ur spirits up.

Cactusnah: Glad you finally found out the reason you were feeling unwell. My MIL had a more severe thyroid condition (called thyroidtoxicosis) and she still had 2 healthy babies. All you need is to ensure that your thyroid levels are under control and you should not have any problems. Make sure you are given Propylthiouracil (PTU)and not carbimazole. PTU is the preferred antithyroid drug for pregnant and nursing women because it is thought to have a lower risk of causing birth defects. Get well soon.

cactusnah,
*hugz*
be strong ya.
i'm sure something can be done to reduce your thyroid levels. check with the doc, it should not deter your chances to have more kids - i rem my childhood fren also has thyroid and she has 2 healthy baby boys!
dun give up and be stressed, JIA YOU!!!

ASHM,
i got your email! thanks for the attachments!
i can only start with that regime after the CL leaves coz right now, gaby's feeding is very erratic!! grrr...

Cactus, hugs!
happy.gif

Lazykat: Yes, he slept in the aircon room with me. Maybe I should stop and use fan instead. Would its help? The PD said don’t let him sleep in the aircon room on the third time I bring him down.

Michviv: The PD only gives him flu, cough &amp; phlegm medication. Is that enough? During the 3 weeks, it’s like routine. Said beginning of the week, went to see the PD then take the medicine…on the third day when he is better, I stop the medication but nearer to the weekend, his cough seems coming back again. And this repeated every week for 3 weeks!

K@ye: I was thinking of that. Just that I am not sure is this suitable for cough and phlegm.

Cactusnah: Big HUGs to you! Take good care of yourself and don’t think so much. I have one colleague who has thyroid condition but still she is able to give birth to a healthy baby gal. So don’t give up hope yet and don’t stress over it.

Cactusnah,
Hi, I'm from the Jan08 MTB thread. Just to share with you my personal experience with hyperthyroidism. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago and it took the docs quite a while cos my symptoms were slightly different. I was losing a lot of weight despite my huge appetite and I had a lot of giddy spells. I was going to get married when we found out and I was also devastated cos' I might become infertile. I was put on medication for 18 months and recovered but suffered a relapsed about 6 months later. So my thyroid condition was "permanent" and not a temporary hormone disorder which is usually cleared by one cycle of medication. I continued with the medication until we decided to try for a baby and my doc suggested I undergo radioactive iodine treatment which can "cure" the hyperthyroid but will most likely make me hypothyroid (underactive). I went for it and as expected, became hypo and was put on the hormone replacement medication. My condition was more stablised after the treatment and now I'm the mother of a healthy 16-month boy
happy.gif

Don't despair. Although hyper or hypothyroid condition is a immune disorder and cannot be cured but as long as the condition is under control by regular medication, everything will be fine. However, it is usually not advisable to get pregnant with hyperthyroid as it causes complications. Your doc needs to make sure that your condition is under control before he will give you the go ahead. But do let your doc know your intention to try for a baby so that he can advise the most suitable treatment. In general, hypothyroid usually creates less problems for pregnancy, just need to increase the dosage to cater for baby' needs. For my case, I had absolutely no problems during my pregnancy and I got pregnant after just 1 month of trying.

Hope you will feel better. Don't stress yourself too much cos that's what caused us this condition in the first place. I really believe so cos when I was disgnosed, I was in a highly stressful job and given my character as a perfectionist, I really put too much pressure on myself to perform.

Gelyn, its oki for kids. Ya, aircon will cause the condition to worsen. I also dun let Claire take the PD's cough medication as it dun help. Instead, i apply baby vicks on her chest and soles to help her sleep.

Pig07 - I got it last night and have not tried out yet... will let Ash try tonight...
happy.gif

Cactusnah - <font color="ff0000">**HUGS**</font> Stay positive and dont stress yourself too much... Priority now is to get well! Take care ok!

Kittybride - Hope this erratic schedule will be over soon!! I can imagine and it is so tiring!!

cactusnah,

Hi there, I'm have these problem oso n I lost my 1st bb which is 4yrs ago. Now with control n medication Im a mother of 2 kids a boi n a gal so should be no problem for u oso. Just stay positive n dun give urself too much stress. Stree is e biggest issue for thyroid patient. And some of e medication is safe for pregnancy. And awalys remember to see ur doc to have frequent checkup to maintain a normal hormane level.

Cactus,
Just to share, my hubby was also diagnosed with Thyroid 2 yrs ago..he also got symptoms like you, ate alot but lost weight, can't sleep well at night, swollen eyes, etc..was quite bad. He went for his checkups and took his meds consistently, within a year, his condition stablized and the doc was amazed by his speedy recovery. If he can, I'm sure you can too..he was on meds when we were trying for baby, the doc told him it's not an issue though I was quite worried that we will not be able to have a baby so soon. The doc told him thyroid is not caused by stress, it's in the genes..though his family has no thyroid case, they checked back and found that his paternal grandmother and a cousin has it..so you might want to check with your extended family/relatives too.

Hugs to you, stay positive and I'm sure you'll be ok soon
happy.gif

Michviv: I don't have the medication name with me now. I will give you tonight when I reach home. maybe you advise me from there. The PD did not give him any nose drop though, only the flu medicine. Now I only give him the cough and the phlegm medicine.

Thanks all mummies for yr encouragement. I went to the doc to receive my report and its confirmed. I guess emotion kicked in yesterday, i felt a tint of saddness when i saw E. Was thinking what will happen to E if i fall sick, etc etc. All the crazt thoughts.

Yvonne/Adeline: Thank u for sharing with me, yr success in conceiving and being healthy give me hope.

Poissons: Oh, yr HB used to have hyperthyroid? Ya, i was also worried abt the medication affecting the unborn, but doc assured me that it's ok. Hope i can be like yr HB and have speedy recovery.

Cactus,
yes, stay positive, I am sure Eagan will get his little bro/sis in due time. More impt, is for u to be in good health and spirits! Jia You!

Gelyn,
it helps provided he can sleep w/o it. Cos mine ah, will eh-eh if we switch off the aircon too early..

Michviv - Not yet, I think Poissons was there yesterday.... I will be going down next Fri since this Fri is a holiday.

Poissons - How??

Michviv/ASHM,

Sorry, I was too busy to update till you ladies ask now..yah, I was there yday. Thought the place quite old, but I think they are going to do a major repaint, but that will mean there will be numerous donation drives along the way cos' they only managed to collect $3K so far. Like it that it's non aircon (so virus and germs won't spread so easily!) but that would also mean our poor boys gotta suffer in weather like this..haha. Anyway, we have registered him for nursery in 2011, so if nothing goes wrong (if St James last min got place for G..hehe), E and G will be schoolmates or even classmates
happy.gif

Michviv,
you signed E for the morning or afternoon session? We signed up for morning.

Poissons: I know! The girl's uniform is really very sweet. Alas...not applicable for us. haha. Though its rather old, the administrator did tell me that they are going to renovate the playground too. I like the fact that the compound is large like a mini-campus and they have a mini-zoo as well. Did you see the computer room? Still can't believe they have flat screen computers. Me and hubby really like the place. It would be great if E and G can be schoolmates/classmates. I heard that kids born in similar months are placed together so the chance may be quite high unless G leaves for St James. =P

Michviv,
Yah, we saw the computer room, it's the only place that is air-conditioned and the administrator mentioned that it's the favourite place among the kids cos' of air-con..haha..Great if E and G can be in the same class
happy.gif

weishy,
Both St James and Maris Stella have bus services, but I'm not sure if they go to Bukit Merah, you can try calling the school to ask.

Morn ladies!

Just to check with u all, how do u all clean ur tods' teeth? I tried to clean Claire's teeth but she will bite me and her teeth showing signs of stains! GRRR!!!

k@ye, u jus started brushing or she only reacted this way recently? Cos M is always very ' ON' when its brushing time...maybe becos we started her very young, it becomes a routine so she wont reject

S@l, just started... Wow.. kena bite big time.. But she will imitate us brushing but give her or attempt to brush.. either bite me or just keep the mouth shut TIGHTLY!

k@ye: We also started E very young when he only had 2 teeth. haha. And gradually transition him to his current toothbrush. No problems for us leh. Why don't you try to introduce as part of bathtime ritual?

ASHM, I thought u have enrol to BRMCK? They sent me a letter claiming that application for registration is accepted for N1 for afternoon seesion 11.45am to 2.45pm. So at the moment I am considering between brighton and BRMCK. Do u know what is the difference?

Poissons - Thanks for the feedback on MS - i will going down to check it out next Fri. I will be checking out Pat's Schoolhouse as well as Eton also...

K@ye - We started to clean Ash's teeth when he has his first tooth and now is a daily routine for him (both in the morning and night). I am using My First Toothpaste that comes with the soft rubber toothbrush...sometimes he will also not allow the nanny to brush his teeth and will bite her too!

Yoko - One of the mummies was telling me that the classes for N1 next year in BRMCK are full, so I dropped it from my list... No idea on Brghton though...

Okie, thanks for the advice.. Will try again tonight!

Yoko, i think its Ueno who got L enrol to BRMCK not ASHM lah.
happy.gif

How s ur house move and ur pregnancy going along?

Poissons / Michviv - I am considering Pat's Schoolhouse and Eton is because they are nearer to my new place compare to MS...they are at Newton and Halifax Rd (next to KK hospital)...so will see how it goes...

Ash's nanny is going back after her 2 years contract in Dec and my philipino helper may also go back in Aug, so now i got to look for manpower before i give birth in Nov and move house in Oct....sigh...

K@ye, Blur liao. settle down at my new place. Feel so good. Now 2nd tri, feel so much better. At least i can go out and start moving around. Can fly liao. Haha.

ASHM, engaging maid is terrible. Afternoon session for BRMCK is avail now. U may want to try. 11.45am to 2.45pm. I heard from Plumsource that Brighton u have to put like deposit even u are on waiting list and they hold for 6 mths. If they don't have a place after 6 mths they will refund ur deposit. I heard is really very full.

Back