(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

haha jovialz, i wish it's real lottery leh..
happy.gif

Jovialz, very true. some of my frens in the pte sector work till like 11pm or 12mignight sometimes also. i guess what is really tiring abt my job is the emotional involvement apart from the academic part. sometimes really worry abt my students loh. but it's very fulfilling lah. i couldn't get that when i was in the pte sector.

thanks to the mummies who sent me well wishes on FB yesterday! so touched :)

wah so fast talking about primary school ah? i think most likely just send aidan to his daddy's alumni. no need to waste my brain juice! haha. i have an ex coll who had to start doing volunteer at primary school when her daughter was just 2.5 years old! somemore not even guaranteed a slot. really crazy.

hmmm i haven't even given a thought to pre-nursery or kindergarten yet. oops. dunno how also.

i was reading yesterday's posts & it was quite funny to see the mummies' reactions when their darlings get hurt whilst under daddies' care.

just to share an article i came across some time back. interesting insight. definitely food for thought :)

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for work so he asked the wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. The mother, preoccupied in the kitchen, totally forgot the matter.

The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle and, fascinated with its color, drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed, the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband.

When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words.

What do you think were the four words?

The husband just said “I Love You Darling”

The husband’s totally unexpected reaction is proactive behavior. The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this will not have happened. No point in attaching blame. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

Sometimes we spend time asking who is responsible or who to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. We miss out some warmth in human relationship in giving each other support. After all, shouldn’t forgiving someone we love be the easiest thing in the world to do? Treasure what you have. Don’t multiply pain, anguish and suffering by holding on to forgiveness.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world.

Take off all your envies, jealousies, unwillingness to forgive, selfishness, and fears and you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

chersam,
finally see your blog.. wah, cherie very very cute and chubby leh..still my little bai shue gongzhu..i wanna squeeeezzeeee her! so cute and adorable leh..how come she never seem to shed her baby fat?? hehe..so envious..aria lost all her baby fat liao leh...btw cherie really looks like you..like chop!

wah, i like the couple tee! very nice leh..haha..yeah, a bit tight on your but ok lah, you can carry it off..
happy.gif

hapififi,
aww.....so sweet! make me so teary leh...this husband really exists? i also will be like her, heart torn apart and dunno how to face husband also..is this a real story??

aria jo,
it's supposed to be a real story.
ya it's so magnanimous of the hubby right? it's so sweet but i doubt many people can react in such a way when something bad happens. Much as i'd like to have such high EQ, i think i'll probably scream my head off before i can eventually find the heart to forgive. haha

gingerleaf, ya.. the whole drop every morning.. =P

dodo, hahaha! e way u describe ur hb's bui-ness... ya.. my hb is also more physically fit but guess he's stepped into his mid-life crisis la.. haha! guess wat i made him promise me last week? he has to lose at least 15kg by my bday and gain at least a 4-pack by his own bday.. itz my 30th & his 40th pressie! LOL. and my pressie to myself? 5kg hopefully!!

hapififi, happy belated bday!!! wow.. ur story is so touching... and very very true..

karrie, thanks for the insight.. makes lotsa sense..

hapififi: happi belated bday!!
and ur story is so touching. but i think i real life, the opposite may happens. i know alot of couples parted their ways when their children passed away. cos too painful to face each other and be reminded of the child. sigh so sad. ok , lets move on and dun dwell on such sad stuff!

re pri school. im really keen on east side cos my mum stays there. but really have to move to like within 1km to secure a place. so far im really keen on TN but as dodo said the pty price there is quite steep. hopefully, prices will continue to fall by the time we move in 2 years time. red swas is good too but location abit far from my mum at ubi.. hmm..

hippo: wat are these drops u guys talking abt? is it some kinda of multi vits?

jovialz: dun worry too much, every kids' developement is different and i think to be able to say 50 words by 19m is abit kua zhang. maybe to understand 50 words by then is more reasonable. just continue to interact more with C will do. toddlers learn by imitation n interaction!

jovialz,
i heard from someone, cannot remember who liao that his friend's baby never utter a single word till like 2 years plus and out of a sudden, the baby boy utter a WHOLE SENTENCE! everyone was so shock. from then onwards, there was no stopping him.. very very talkative..hehe..you know what was the sentence? I think it was "I want to eat Mc Donald!"...haha... i think all these while, the baby boy was absorbing everything.. so, dun worry yeah. Think caelen suprise you one day by uttering a full proper sentence!
happy.gif

aria jo, i heard similar thing like once the late-talker starts talking, they'll be babbling non-stop and most of the time, the most KPO one hehehe :p

ecookie,
kanyu drops. Some vits for kids. Its pretty sweet, taste like a jelly bean. Lyn dun like it tho n loves her karihome sweeties.

aria, i'll pass ur msg to him though i'm sure he'll say "of cos la!" hahaha..

ecookie, we got the kanyu drops from BP. think there's one going on now though.. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2124551.html?1235539091

jovialz, agree with the mummies.. they are like sponges now.. absorb absorb absorb so busily that they may "throw" the words at u yet.. just wait.. Caelen will show u how much he's absorb!! hahaha.. moreover boys are not as vocal as girls... just like girls not as physical as boys.. =P keke...

gingerleaf, u know watz adri's fav sweets though?? itz eclipse mints!!! terrible girl leh.. itz so "hot" and she'll tear if we give her a little but yet she'll tahan and eat & ask for more!!

yeah!! back from lunch.. feeling full and tired..

gingerleaf, where to buy the kanyu drops? sound interesting...aiyo, macdonalds sound so tempting! it is my fav food.. maybe should have it for dinner later...

happy_fifi,happy belated birthday.. your story very touching leh.. i also dunno how i will react in such a situation

jovialz, happy 18th mth to caelen.. anders till now also cannot say anything except for mum mum.. but 50words a bit too many leh...

chintz, how come u so lucky? so jealous.. so many goodies from GMB and 1000? the best i got is 500..and is like once in a blue moon....

hippo,
wah, you're so adventourous leh..already give this kind of sweets to adri? me gonna abstain aria for sweets as long as possible!!

chintz,
you still have MS? how many weeks are you?

ponponta, ya i also got a shock and couldn't believe my eyes when i received it.. so far i also very seldom getting the 500coins

bbwow,hippo.. thanks for the link! wan to get for anders to build up his immunity.. always fall sick since he is in IC

karrie, thanks! i also from gals'school in sec school.. so tinking if he really can make it, will like to send him to VS (sec school) next time.. heehee....oops.. so fast thinking of sec sch liao...

chintz,
you haven;t answer my PS message on how much is the brainest stone model? is it a luxurious item huh? got it a few times but didn't accept it..

ponponta, we got at bp. guardian oso selling. Hippo provided a bp link,

Aria, ya karihome is goat milk. Their sweeties is actually not bad. I pretty like the blueberry flavour myself.

bbwow, u giving J which flavor?

chintz, it was almost my fav to curb MS and reflux last time too!! hahahaha... ya.. she's super chilli padi.. and the thing i hate most is the look she'll give us when she smell the sweet in our mouth. she'll stare, point and go "mum mum" until we give her a little.. ha!

aria, hahaha.. i dun wana give her one.. but to shut her up, ok lor.. LOL...

ponponta, from BP.. =) http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2124551.html?1235539091

gingerleaf,
where can we get these sweets? if next time aria really expose to sweets, i want to get karihome sweets also
happy.gif
sounds more nutritous..hehe..

gingerleaf,

the 1st one on the kanyu website with the baby face. that one is original flavour with no what banana, lemon flavour. It still taste like a sweet tho but at least I know it's safe since I ate it myself when young then later they come out with so many other flavours.

gingerleaf, thanks for answering aria for me
happy.gif

but now since we know the tricks, that bust doesn't seem as special anymore :p

thanks to ponponta!!! :D

hippo,
lyn oso take mints! Lately hb bought Halls mint. its in a black case and everything i take it, she will come n try to stick her tongue into my mouth to taste it. I think she is very greedy coz she enjoys it n even eat my chilli chipster.

Oh, I just gave her one pear kanyu n she took it. Surprise. hahaha.

chintz,
i hope they'll not find this trick out till i finish building a castle for my jojo..haha...

wah, 20K coins for that? that means it's not the bean bag lor..

Back