(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

wow.. topic on primary school? ha! for me itz a no-brainer.. it will be my alma mater.. at my mum's place. good & near.. ha!

aria,

ya, his mother ask him to let meimei kiss. They keep getting her to kiss him, so he go n kiss her on the mouth instead of letting her kiss his cheeks.

Hippo, wah, lidat good!

aria,
alamak.. u stress me out!
wait the girl he bring back is aria leh... wahahaha!!!!!!

gingerleaf,
he very funny one la.. he asked me wana be ur neighbour or not.. :p
ya.. but still very headache if such things really happen leh..

hippo,
which school which school?
paisei im not familiar wi aljunied..
happy.gif

dodo,
come come be my neighbour! i think by then u sure got maid liao, then u can ask maid cook my lunch!! then i no nid to starve liao! Hhehehehehe.

dodo,
wah...you freak me out leh..not that i mind zq to be my SIL but hor i dun want a preggie aria come crying home...hehe....anyway, this is getting out of hand..hahahah..so funny...

gingerleaf,
wah..he so daring..haha

gingerleaf,
wahaha.. i dun like to have a maid leh really..
got one experience scared me out liao.. so pretty please wi my current arrangement that the ah yi comes daily 10-2pm, do all the works and cut & prepare the vege/ meat that i gonna cook tonight.. dun have to stay wi her and lost my privacy...
but good to be ur neighbour leh, i can cook for u if u dun mind :p

aria,
wahaha!!! ya loh..
i think all parents will concern abt this more or less when they reach teenage/ puberty period.. dun worry gal, i will try to be a good MIL.. coz seeing too many bad MIL ard, i must revive this good MIL image! wahaha..

dodo, think last time i missed ur post on ur maid.. so u sent her back in the end ya? was it an easy procedure to send her back??

dodo,
hahahha, u joker sia!! freak aria out!

oh, good, then u cook for me!!! n lyn. We all can drink ur yummie soups. We love soups. Heheheh.

chintz,
yup yup.. send her back, very straightforward situation for us.. and they will refund the instalment to us though it took quite long for them to do so.. and she was "selected" by another family very soon..

dodo & aria, wat preggers aria?? hahahaha.. funny la..

patty, i dun give cod liver.. i give those kawai kanyu drops & other vitamins.

dodo & ponponta, at aljunied.. geylang methodist pri school. not as famous as those u hv mentioned but all of us went there la.. plus the bonus part is they produced quite a lot of top 10 - 20% students for PSLE these years.. my cousins' yr 2 years back? the 2nd top student.. so hmm... convenient ba?? kekekeke... and me? not too bad i hope to think! haha!

i always said b4 i was a mum dat if i hv a boy, i'll be worried if a teenage girl turn up at my door and say "auntie, i m preggers with ur son's child".. wah pengz! i told my hb i will let him handle.. hahaha... so now dat i hv a girl, itz worst! wat if my girl turn up at some1's hse and say this??????? *shakes head*

gingerleaf,
sure no prob! i can cook soup but not sure yummy or not.. chin chai drink still can make it lah.. :p
then we can bring our kiddos to vivo and shop.. shiok leh!

hippo,
good good! then u dun have to worry abt this aspect at all!
happy.gif

i think on top of good academic result, i wish that sch also has very good sports, coz i hope zq can have more exposure to sports also.. academic wise actually i dun really wish that he's those very smartie one, just hope the influence of friends is a positive one...

wah, start talking about primar school liao. My hubby was from St Michael's School. I believe that is now known as SJI Junior right ? So does that mean my hubby is alumni and Caelen have some sort of priority ?

But then, when I think of the poor boy have to wake up at 5am + to catch school bus to school since it's in Novena and we likely still stay in area like bedok or pasir ris etc. He might suffer from not enough sleep, heartache leh.

Ariajo,
Maybe come that time, it's not the boy that are getting bolder. Caelen's 1st kiss was 'stolen' from one of the baby girl here ... hehehehe ... Another theory is curiosity about opposite sex since they are not 'exposed'. If go to girls school, then you might need to check that there is no Boy's school nearby I guess.

jovialz,
me me me! last time i woke up 4am every morning coz my sch bus came at 5am to fetch me from JB to Spore for school! really not enough sleep loh.. :p

dodo,
Ya lor, My niece also. She stay bedok and study in St nicholas. Lucky she like the school and the school bus uncle very nice. Even allow her to continue take school bus when she goes to the secondary school.

jovialz,
haa! but i think they will terminate my service soon, coz i only know how to cook a few dishes.. so gonna repeat the same thing every week! :p

jovialz,
very tiring is true.. but somehow i think i was seasoned to it.. despite wake up early and the chores of need to travel thru customs everyday.. and was still able to concentrate in class, i think just need some adjustment period.. my primary school also very far from my house, though not need to across the causeway, but it was almost there..

dodo,
don't worry. Gingerleaf don't eat much. Tell her that you keep repeating, then she'll get tired of eating and so can keep trim ...

dodo,

as long as i got soup plus rice everyday im happy.

i agree with jovialz, if send to gals sch, then needa see if got boys sch nearboy, coz the students will always like to hang around bus stop and date.

gingerleaf, i like the kanyu drops too! i dun like the karihome milk drops.. hahaha! nvm la.. not as if i eat anyway.. LOL

btw, u & dodo make me wana become ur neighbour also leh! got soup & meals la... hmm.. email me ur development.. i must go chk it out! wahahahahha

dodo, very true.. i wish adri is more athletic than me.. (which is super easy to achieve since i m a klutz and an idiot at sports.. LOL!) and yup, the group of friends will be very impt too.. but too bad that's not within our control... keke

i quite like girls school though i will only consider it for sec schools.. pri schools i'd prefer mixed for the exposure (& in case she turns lesbian.. hahaha!).. i m from a girls sec school myself so guess shd be ok ba?? but from girls school sure very rough and chor lor one la... hahaha!

hi mummies!

today topic on school huh? I was from red swas! good school! kekeke. actually east got alot of good pri & sec schools. my mom had to donate a piano to get me in cause too high competition.

sk area got nan chiau. also never heard of mee toh until my colleague told me about it.

Group of friend important. I would strongly encourage caelen to bring friends home. Even if create a mess also ok lah. At least I'll know what kind of friend he is mixing with.

gingerleaf, Hippo
which type of kanyu drop did you give ? I gave once the vitamin c one. But seems like he got a bit mild LS then I stop liao. Dunno if citrus too strong for his stomach ?

gingerleaf,
u very easy to "maintain" leh.. :p

hippo,
haa! same same.. im so lousy at sport that i never passed my physical fitness test... my friend said that the way i run and play sports make her wana beat me up.. totally no energy and super slow :p
i also wish zq dun follow my footstep.. must follow his papa, he was from water polo and sailing team.. but look at him now, though he is not "bui-mando" but he has a super "bui" tummy! haaa

hippo,
ok. think I'll finish the 2 cans that I'd bought 1st. Sekali he cannot take the drop S then I gotto finish 3 cans.
happy.gif

Alamak ! Was reading 'Live Well Baby' magazine, they say baby should have 50 words in their vocab at 19 mths. Caelen turned 18mth yesterday, still only 'MA MA' ... oh dear ...

jovialz,
I gave her the pear flavour one. I think its too sweet, and she dun like.

Hippo,
u gave adri the whole drop?

dodo!
u crackle me up! Is it coz of ur name thats why u cannot run? Hhehe. =p. kidding.

My frd also told me east side alot of good sch. Just move to east side can liao, no nid think so much. Too bad I have to be a west sider. No choice.

Chintz,
go grab some nice hot soup for lunch! ya, no ps during lunch!

ecookie, dodo and ponponta, thanks for the concern...these few days rushing the CA marks out so bo bian have to sleep less loh. teacher's life is like that one im used to it...just that sometimes i have to whine abt it...that's y come forum n vent loh...hope u all dun mind :p sometimes i do feel like changing to a nice office job, no need bring work home, but then again i think i'll be awfully bored. hahaha.

re: school
from teacher's point of view i'd rather send my kids to a single sex school...it's clearly shown in the results, the single sex schools do perform better than mixed schools by n large. and also boys and girls got very different learning styles!!! so the teaching method has to be differentiated. it's harder for the teachers in mixed school to cater to that need. frankly speaking, i end up catering more to the girls in my classes. because my teaching method is very much suited to girls. when i try to change my teaching method to suit the boys, then the girls will gimme that "enough of fun and games can we get on to what's coming out for exam" look. but the boys will be very interested. mebbe other mummy teachers beg to differ, but this is what i feel :D

dodo, actually i think all the mission schools a bit 'atas' haha. but the most 'atas' is ACS...super duper rich loh!!!

gingerleaf: i packed mixed rice, i thought it's good combi.. now that i keep thinking about the soup, the rice becomes dry and drier!!
sad.gif

hey, do u know that we can win 1000 lottery! i got it for the first time yesterday!

OOpss, My clock went too fast. Caelen turns 18 mth TODAY, not yesterday... keke

Gingerleaf,
Wah !! You so lucky !!!

Karrie,
Sometime we'll feel the grass is always greener on the other side. Now at least as a teacher, you job is very secured. Moreover, a lot of office job also need to bring home their 'homework' or work till late hours.

Chintz,
Wah you even luckier. Got baby luck ! I remember the only time that I win mahjong against my mum is when I'm pregnant with Caelen . One and Only time ..
happy.gif

Back