(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Hi Pillow,

I bought the nursery rhyme book from the aug thread. It has a lot of nursery rhymes but i dunno how to sing the bulk of it. There are many colourful pixs tho. Quite a good buy.

Hi Joyce
I am still bf. (Feeding ebm + latching on). Does it mean no fm at all = bf?

Hi Angel
I also want to try for my second one next yr. Hope to deliver in Jul/Aug/ Sept 2009. Must time properly so that i will have a long hol like this round. Hehe, my ML ends on 22nd Jan. Hmm..Working backwards mean must try for a second one in Oct, Nov, Dec so that i will have a long leave. (Teachers do not need to take ML during the sch hols IF its their 3 mth of ML).

My first one strike within 1 mth of marriage. We got married in Nov 2006. Honeymoon baby!!

Poohwei, not all teacher "do not need to take ML during the sch hols IF its their 3 mth of ML" leh...my school general office tells me actually school holiday is counted into our maternity leave.

It depends on individual school whether they allow u to take your school holiday as per normal and still allow u to take your maternity leave.

My colleagues told me her previous school count sch hol as maternity leave also. SO when she gave birth in nov, she went back work in jan.

Hi arisz,

Wow!! Then my school is very nice. At least 2 other schools that i noe allow that. Hmm..must finish delivering all my kids in my current sch first...hahaha

bubumama,

i encountered same problem.. thot getting a warmer can ease my maid when she warming up the milk. but wrong, cos the warmer too efficient until the milk becomes too hot. then she has to spend time cooling it dwn under running water.

using hot water from thermal pot directl.. slow but can control and test temp better.

Poohwei, tats why la....you should be happy that you are in your current school! keke

For my school, I ask the P and VP, they initially say consider first, then lucky in the end allow me coz in terms of deployment still quite ok. If not, also cannot one...heng heng! For my other colleague who gave birth in dec, they had their maternity leave 'eat' into their school hols lo...poor thing...quite sianz lo!

darmae
so u actually hv the warmer, but not much use izit? cos am considering another 3 more mths of bm (cos intend to stop bf bb till 6 mths if milk supply keep dropping - these few days like dropping liao), so if to get a warmer, then at the end will be "sitting" at home....

BuBumama,

Actually warmer slower leh...my gal cannt wait....I used hot water direct if my gal cannt wait...I used warmer only when I remember her feeding timing....

hi mummies,

i jus put the Expressed milk siting onto warm water. (not boiling water). cos breastmik is so good, hot water will kill all the good nutrients and antibodies in the milk. actually, babies can drink milk at room tempo.

Hey mummies,
Re gathering, anyone interested in Feb? I was just reading the August thread and they're organizing a gathering at Globetrotters in united sq. Good idea right! No need to clean up..Must ask the organiser how much is it.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Think gathering at Globetrotters more appropriate for bigger kids so that they can play in their play area there. For us, we probably will bring along their strollers. Think it will be super cramped with more than 20 mummies + hubbies + babies + strollers all inside the restaurant leh.
happy.gif

Atinarin,
My boy's neck also red red. I think all the creases makes it moist and prone to rashes.

Phoebe,
Was it you who asked abt the waking up in the middle of the nite crying as if baby had nitemare? Zac also like that. He'll cry very loud when he is in the Ban Mong Ban Xing mode. But when he is fully awake liao he'll actually smile. I think it's pretty normal for children to be like that.

Hi Joyce

Welcome here...we jumped ship and you finally found us.. kekeke

ibs/joyce
ohh.. so both of you are "long time" friend arh. Joyce, join us when there's gathering la, bring your 3 Js and show show lei.

My gal also neck red red wor... She has lots of creases and folds on her neck. Quite hard to wash her fold area, if not cleaned properly, will be smelly also. Can use baby's anti-septic cream to apply, it can clear the rash.

Re: Stop Breastfeeding
Mommies, I need help! Anyone pop pills to stop breastmilk? I have finished up the 10 tablets more than a week ago, but my breast still swell up and engorged. I tried to tahan not to pump, but it swelled up and I still need to pump once a day. Anyone has any advice? Should I go to Dr to get some more pills?? Haiz... sian..

Bena, Atinarin,
My gal's neck and armpits was red too but fully recovered. u may find it useful .... What i did was apply "Destine Cream" on the affected areas. The one used to treats nappy rashes. Apply sparingly before bedtime... then go over it with some johnson baby powder. Should be able to see results next morning.

Bena, Phoebe

My gal used to wake up crying in wee hours too.... my hubby went to waterloo street and pray for an amulet. We placed in under her mattress cot and she sleep through the night after that..
kekeke

angel... think you skipped me leh.. check my email but boh leh.. can email the flashcards thingy to me again pls.. my email add is [email protected] thanks thanks

anyababy.. i was taught that better dont apply powder on babies cos they will breathe in the powder and this is not good for their lungs..

me still got 5kg to lose and always need to walk with a spare tyre around my tummy.. so xian and demoralised.. just told my friend nowadays go out carry one baby and one spare tyre where got guys will look liao :p

joyce.. SAHM with 3 kids.. pei fu pei fu.. me SAHM with only 1 kid already buay tahan.. do you have anyone to help you? i hate it whenever people say SAHM so shiok.. no need to work..always will ignore them and pretend never hear..

hi joyce! see u here too! hehehe
jme, SAHM is shiok cos u get to see all the bb's 'firsts'. i think i wont get to see and hear most of my bb's first liao...going back to work end jan. sniff sniff...

me and hb tried 3 yrs b4 got preggie. so very treasure this bb. but hopefully dun spoil him la. lol

all the sad bb stories no need to go so far....spore already so many...go to the threads and see...all very sad de...no need see taiwan one...sometimes i just sit down and thank the lord for a healthy bb in ALL ways....=D

hi tiffany, i got meds from my gynae. its just 2 v tiny tabs to be eaten over 2 days (morning and nite) but very "powerful". then milk greatly reduce , within 1 wk, milk supply stop. the meds is quite expensive, 2 tabs for $50

for first 2 days, it was too engorged for me to tahan (although i was told not to pump). so i would pump out the foremilk.

jme,
Hi.. i hv the english, chinese, maths n another set.. i forgot wat le..
Need to flash everyday for abt 5 min for abt 3 times if can... must do it fast.. i always dropped my cards...
Now, i only gg to start to flash to my boy.. lazy mummy...

Tiffany,
Y u take so many pills to stop bf?
I only took 2 pills n that's all..

Hi Pillow/Magoo
HUH? my medicine also from my gynae lei. He gave 10 tablets and to be taken 1 tablet 3 times a day and I finished all. It has reduced greatly, but still need to pump at least once a day to relieve the pain. My medicine is call "Buton" something like tat, dun have the packet with me now. btw, do you know the name of the medicine? My MIL said previously she bought her medicine from chinese medical hall. Anyone bought the medicine from Chinese medical hall?

Good morning all mummies & clement.
Finally it's TGIF today yeah!!!
Hope time pass faster for working mummies & clement & everyone have a good weekend ahead
happy.gif

Good morning, it's TGIF!

Btw anyone read the news today? What a sad news early in the morning.

A 2 month old baby boy was dead after the maid accidentally knocked his head on the toilet bowl when she turned to pick up his towel when bathing him. Scared of being scolded, she did not tell her employers about it till hours later when baby kept crying. The baby might have been saved if sent to hospital earlier ...

I'm going to cut the newspaper article out and show to my maid. Must let her know the serious consequences of not pre-empting employers should any "accidents" occur (touch wood). Must educate them.

Magoo u remember how much u pay for ur flashcard?

Pillow yes the parentcraft got sell the nursey ryhmes book i bought it but now still young to use.. but is not very exp.. hard cover and lots of rhymes quite a thick book too.. u can drop by parentcraft amk hub to have a look
happy.gif

Jan 10, 2008
Maid kept mum about baby's accident; infant died 6 hours later
By Elena Chong

Ms Lasini kept mum about the head knocking incident as she was afraid of being reprimanded. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

AN INDONESIAN maid did not tell her employers that their baby boy had knocked his head against the toilet bowl while she was bathing him until almost six hours later, a coroner's court heard.
Two-month-old Jordan Teo Ka Jun died of bleeding in the membrane of the skull as a result on Sept 10 last year.

On Thursday, the maid, Ms Lasini, 25, named a potential defendant at an inquiry into baby Jordan's death, elected to remain silent.

The investigating officer, Staff Sergeant Junior Leow, from Ang Ko Kio Police Division, said the maid had fed the baby that morning at her employers' flat in Hougang Street 52 before bathing him in the master bedroom toilet.

Ms Lasini was squatting to bathe him in a tub beside the toilet bowl when she turned left while still holding the baby on her left arm to retrieve a towel on the lid of the toilet bowl.

Just then, she heard a knock as Jordan's head hit against the side of the toilet bowl. He started crying.

She gave him a pacifier and he stopped crying about three minutes later. She put the baby back into the stroller and dressed him up.

Meanwhile, Jordan's grandmother, Madam Yeo Kwee Kee, 59, was in the kitchen toilet when she heard the baby cry. She then went to check on the baby.

Ms Lasini kept mum about the head knocking incident as she was afraid of being reprimanded. Madam Yeo left at about 11am. The baby kept crying on and off and refused to drink his milk.

At about 1.45pm when he started to cry again, Ms Lasini told his nine-year-old half-brother who had just returned from school that Jordan had refused to drink milk and had been crying non-stop.

Later, when the baby continued to cry, Ms Lasini told the boy to call his mother, Madam Jenny Lau Kit Mui, 37. Madam Lau told her to rub some medicated oil on the baby which she did.

The maid observed that the baby's cries became softer and his face became pale. He also appeared to be weaker.

When Madam Yeo returned at about 3.05pm and noticed the baby's intermittent breathing, she immediately carried him to a clinic nearby where the doctor performed cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on the infant.

An ambulance was called and Jordan was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he died.

- Taken from Straits Times today... So sad after reading this...
sad.gif

Hi all,
Re: stopping of lactation
I think the longer doses of medication given to Tiffany probably contains bromocriptine, an older drug but works slower. The newer drugs like Dostinex (carbegoline) are much more potent and requires much shorter courses. But of cos, both drugs can potentially cause serious side effects, so best not to use if not really needed lah.

If I've not mistaken, when trying to stop lactation, should not even pump right? Cos that will continue to stimulate milk supply right? My SIL did massaging etc and it took her a long time for the engorgement to resolve leh... not sure, better check with the lactation experts =)

Tiffany, no wonder nv see u post in the oct thread lah. Ya.. lbs and me are long time friend liao lo, our boys were born one day difference nia then our bb now born in same month again. :p

Hi jme, SAHM nice to hear only lah. Also work like siao wat. I've got 3 young bosses n 1 LKK boss. More jialat right? LOL.
BTW, have u ladies heard of this saying," All mums are working mums"? :p

I'd decided to get a maid when I had my #3.. I think it'll be too xiong for handling 3 kids bah.

*wave wave* ben mum.
happy.gif

yah blue, i read last night on asiaone news website and this morning, i shared with my maid about this incident and that she cannot keep quiet if she accidently injured Sam for fear of scolding from us. Initially we will be angry but baby's health comes first. Then i told her, babies are a blessing from God and we're to take care of God's children well.
happy.gif

gd morning mummies,

re: red inflammed skin
maegan oso have that problem. brgt her to PD 3 weeks ago.. PD say its some kinda of fungus infection becos difficult to air the skin creases. give a cream to apply twice a day. 3 days later ok liao.

haiz... feel so sad after reading the news on baby jordan.

atinarin,

re : warmer

i cant rem the exact cost, i hv got the nuk warmer, think cost less than $50 but more than $30.

mummies who are keen to have manicurist come to your house to do for you, i can recommend you as I have been using home service since last yr.
happy.gif
You may email me for more info, don't wish to publish here ...wait moderator will come after me. hee hee!

re: warmer

i saw this warmer by avent, i think its the latest model.. cost abt 100 plus.. the warmer will 'calculate' the time needed to warm the food, so it wont over heat it till it becomes too hot.. so tempted to get.. but so ex...

Hi Mummies,

I am a sept mum too. My boy is born on 16 Sept.

I've been using Pigeon warmer since I started EBM. The warmer is able to maintain the rite temperature for feeding. I bought it below $50.

Hi Bubumama,
I use boiled water to warm up my BM too.
What I did was that after warming for a while, I poured away the water (since it has cooled down) and poured "new" hot water. That way, you maintain the water at high temp, allowing the milk to heat up faster. In fact, it can get quite warm. Do test before giving to bb.
Give it a try
happy.gif

another sad story... Jordan mummie must be sad... this happen last year 2 days before ryann is born...Life is so fragile n unpredictable...
i m sorry if my post affected some mummies here... but i myself is also pretty badly affected tats y feel the need to share... i think i badly traumatise by the 2 story in tw too.. cannot really slp.. my eyes keep flashing that bb's body picture... i hug ryann so tight last night... didnt slp well....think too much le

hi huey minn, welcome. finally got someone's baby same birthday as my son!
happy.gif
Which hospital did you deliver? Mine was @ TMC

hi Phoebe: my advice is not to watch too much these sad stories as it will affect you emotionally...esp if you are an emotional person. I cried when i watch the 1st one posted by you, then subsequent one posted by lbs i did not watch.

angel,
Thanks.. i received the mail..

Low,
I think i paid abt 1k plus for all..I dun remember the exact fig.. sorry..

Irene,
Will try not to be lazy.. will start wif Ayden soon.. haha..
U bring Jerald to my pl n i try out wif him la..
i now can flash quite fast leh!!!

Phoebe, I lagi more traumatised since that baby and mine same name. Besides that, there are so many similarities which I don't want to point out here. I'm praying to God that such incident will NEVER happen to us!

Emily, the news is so sad
sad.gif

Phoebe, you ok? You sound really affected. Take care ya.. be happy so that Ryann is happy too
happy.gif

jme, actually I quite enjoy being a SAHM leh.. I find it quite stress free. Also have lotsa time to do the things we enjoy doing..

phoebe, i sama sama.. last nite i read thru the blog of even's mommy.. i was cryin so badly as i was readin!! then the rest of the nite i was very affected too.. i was tellin my hb.. this is a stranger's bb tat died then i'm so sad liao.. wat is its my own.. i think i'll die lor... hiaz...
sad.gif

Thanks magoo wow flashcards so expensive !!
But I guess is worth it cos seems to hear lots of reviews from friends n colleagues....

Back